TraSiCad questions

jfw...@tpgi.com.au

May 1, 2019, 7:37:32 AM5/1/19
to Aussie Highways
I recently found the threads on here about the TraSiCad program for producing road signs to the Queensland TMR standards and I have some questions (I build LEGO models of things that fit Queensland and am thinking of creating some custom signage stickers to go with them to give them a bit more authenticity):
1.What is the best free font set to use to match the current QLD standards for signage? Is Roadgeek the best option (and if so which version?)
2.Is there a guide on how to set up the options to match the current QLD standards? (i.e. which font to assign to which of the "sign types" under "default legend" as well as which settings to use for the "clearance rules" and such)
3.How would I re-create this sign https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-27.4680054,153.0069393,3a,15.5y,54.5h,87.17t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s5QyW3jCOQwgF_rtNIRwIxw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656 in TraSiCad? (specifically the yellow M3 text)
and 4.How would I re-create this sign https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-27.5838144,152.816957,3a,15y,280.89h,91.83t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s3QdtiONYfqisSyyF-8l8qQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656 in TraSiCad? (including the yellow M3 text and the white road name box)

Aevion

May 1, 2019, 8:48:03 AM5/1/19
to Aussie Highways
Queensland has standards? Who knew....

Roadgeek 2014 works pretty well for me. For the road name patches I use a version of AS1744 that was provided by mubd1234 a few years ago on here. Pretty sure the clearance rules are already set up in the latest Trasicad?

In regards to those signs, the route numbers can be placed in either by entering it as an alphanumeric route number (use Roadgeek EM), or entering it as plain text in yellow. The road name patch will come up if you're using the sign wizard, or if you're doing it manually, it will be in the Add section.

I think someone else on here will probably have a better explanation, but yeah that's how I use it.

Brendan Terrett

May 1, 2019, 10:44:33 PM5/1/19
to aussie-...@googlegroups.com

li...@paulrands.com

May 1, 2019, 11:02:58 PM5/1/19
to aussie-...@googlegroups.com

If Roadgeek is not to your liking, may I suggest a font called Traffic. It has slightly different spacing and kerning.

B series: https://www.ffonts.net/Traffic-01.font

C series: https://www.ffonts.net/Traffic-02.font

D series: https://www.ffonts.net/Traffic-03.font

E series: https://www.ffonts.net/Traffic-04.font

EM series: https://www.ffonts.net/Traffic-06.font

F series: https://www.ffonts.net/Traffic-05.font

--

Paul Rands
li...@paulrands.com

ed24f1

Jun 12, 2021, 11:02:50 AM6/12/21
to Aussie Highways
The Qld TMR site no longer has the NSW Trasicad version available to download - is anyone aware of anywhere else it can be found?

Brendan Terrett

Jun 13, 2021, 6:41:20 AM6/13/21
to aussie-...@googlegroups.com
Look up the page on archive.org's Wayback Machine.

ed24f1

Jun 13, 2021, 9:41:23 AM6/13/21
to Aussie Highways
Thanks - unfortunately no luck with the Wayback Machine (the page with the NSW link works but the download link is broken). Luckily i managed to recover the download off an old laptop
Message has been deleted

Brendan Terrett

Jun 14, 2021, 7:38:22 AM6/14/21
to aussie-...@googlegroups.com

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 at 01:44, ed24f1 <ed2...@gmail.com> wrote:
Somehow between re-installing the old NSW version and having the latest Qld version installed it's also updated my settings to have borderless alphas!