Barton Highway update

Paul R

Nov 13, 2023, 3:34:37 AM11/13/23
to Aussie Highways Mailing List
The new northbound carriageway between ACT Border and Spring Range is officially open. 1 lane is open the overtaking lane is closed.

Still loads of signs yet to be installed, but there’s a lot of fingerboards and ID signs that are all the same style along the route now in place. Pix attached.

Fingerboard is at Hall ACT but is identical to the NSW signs. The ID sign and fingerboard is at Spring Range NSW.

20231110_232604.jpg20231110_233232.jpg

#130km/hforthehume

Nov 13, 2023, 3:43:12 PM11/13/23
to Aussie Highways
One step closer to a 4-lane (direct) highway between Melbourne and Canberra!

Paul R

Nov 14, 2023, 2:05:28 AM11/14/23
to Aussie Highways Mailing List
Can’t wait.

theoneandon...@gmail.com

Nov 14, 2023, 4:41:27 AM11/14/23
to Aussie Highways
If the road is duplicated all the way would it be upgraded to M status?

#130km/hforthehume

Nov 14, 2023, 5:46:14 AM11/14/23
to Aussie Highways
I don't think so. It seems NSW stopped using the M-classification for new roads that are dual carriageways (excluding roads that are testing the extremities of what a 'motorway' is, such as the M1 between Iluka and Woodburn) as evidenced by many new sections of the Pacific Highway and the Princes Hwy south of Kiama Bends.

#130km/hforthehume

Nov 14, 2023, 5:49:45 AM11/14/23
to Aussie Highways
In saying that, they did extend the M15 when they opened the Golden Hwy overpass at https://maps.app.goo.gl/AjY2qv7SjBR3ij9YA

AlienChex

Nov 14, 2023, 4:14:32 PM11/14/23
to Aussie Highways
Princes and Pacific Highway are odd examples because they're works in progress, wheras by the time alphanumeric rolled out Hume was complete. The sections of Princes/Pacific that become M1 are sections that are completely rebuilt whereas the sections that were just widened but maintained the at-grade intersections and property driveways stayed A1. They actually were originally going to use A31 as the Hume Highway designation (you can see these on the Albury bypass if you set street view back to 2010), I am unsure why they went with M31 but it may have been for consistency. Having said this, I doubt A25 will become M25 because of that

Paul Rands

Nov 14, 2023, 5:26:42 PM11/14/23
to Aussie Highways Mailing List
Yes they have extended it. Pix attached from Sunday

received_673618904959193~3.jpgreceived_854759739359775~2.jpgreceived_1061071201893326~4.jpg