A31 appears again

Csanad Csutoros

Oct 7, 2019, 8:41:55 PM10/7/19
to aussie-...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone, apologies if this has been discussed, but earlier today saw an A31 (with ahead arrow) adjacent to the END FREEWAY sign at Medway, which if I remember correctly wasn't there in February (was dark and foggy and unexpected so no photo sorry). So not only is this technically incorrect,  but given the last bit of M31 at Holbrook was completed around the same approximate time as these silly alphanumerics were *officially* announced, there has never really been a need for A31. Csanad

Jason Kumar

Oct 7, 2019, 8:55:58 PM10/7/19
to aussie-...@googlegroups.com
It's been there for a while as i drive to Canberra regularly. Funnily enough the sign right after says M31.

On Tue, 8 Oct. 2019, 11:41 am Csanad Csutoros, <csanad....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi everyone, apologies if this has been discussed, but earlier today saw an A31 (with ahead arrow) adjacent to the END FREEWAY sign at Medway, which if I remember correctly wasn't there in February (was dark and foggy and unexpected so no photo sorry). So not only is this technically incorrect,  but given the last bit of M31 at Holbrook was completed around the same approximate time as these silly alphanumerics were *officially* announced, there has never really been a need for A31. Csanad

Csanad Csutoros

Oct 7, 2019, 9:06:01 PM10/7/19
to aussie-...@googlegroups.com
Of course this kind of error would not be possible with the pre alpha system 《end of gratuitous rant , sorry couldn't resist a sly dig once more after all these years 》. I suppose though at least in NSW the standardised boxed signs look not too bad, unlike the random messes that feature in most other states (certainly the eastern mainland ones :) )

Sam Laybutt

Oct 7, 2019, 9:33:42 PM10/7/19
to aussie-...@googlegroups.com
The equivalent error pre-alphas would be using the wrong shield, of which there were plenty of examples.

Oct 7, 2019, 9:34:55 PM10/7/19
to aussie-...@googlegroups.com
Looking on GSV it appeared between June and July 2018

Oct 7, 2019, 11:39:40 PM10/7/19
to aussie-...@googlegroups.com
Yes of course, or there was at least one example I am aware of from the mid 80s on the Melba Highway at one location (maybe more) where the shield was correct but missing the route numbering (I think 153 iirc). As I never visited this location again prior to Victoria's alphas being introduced, can't be sure if it stayed an empty shield, or was merely waiting to be allocated a number.

#130km/hforthehume

Jun 27, 2021, 8:40:08 PMJun 27
to Aussie Highways
I have no words for this, but I saw another new coverplated A31 sign, right on this very sign here that proved the sign before wrong. I saw this on thursday at around 21:30, so I might be mistaken from the dark, but this is shocking.

Jason Kumar

Jun 28, 2021, 8:51:26 PMJun 28
to aussie-...@googlegroups.com
Yeh I forgot to comment, but I also saw the A31 coverplate on that sign as well (it's been there for about 2 months now). I feel like they are just playing with us now :P

Jason

#130km/hforthehume

Jun 29, 2021, 12:12:04 AMJun 29
to Aussie Highways
I guarantee it's the same sign designer that did the Hume Motorway sign that Mark spotted near Albury.

Adrian Biankin

Jul 28, 2021, 10:41:20 PMJul 28
to Aussie Highways