Coffs Harbour Bypass Update

Nihat

Dec 6, 2023, 11:15:58 PM12/6/23
to Aussie Highways
chb-project-update-2023-12.pdf

Paul Rands

Dec 9, 2023, 6:10:39 AM12/9/23
to Aussie Highways Mailing List
Looks good. Can’t wait for it to open and the chance to go for a run along it.
<chb-project-update-2023-12.pdf>

Nihat

Dec 25, 2023, 9:03:58 PM12/25/23
to aussie-...@googlegroups.com
flyover video, hopefully the user can do regular updates

pmc0...@gmail.com

Dec 26, 2023, 5:59:18 PM12/26/23
to aussie-...@googlegroups.com

That was great!  It would be terrific to get one of these periodically during construction!

Phillip

AlienChex

Dec 28, 2023, 4:18:38 AM12/28/23
to Aussie Highways
Will be good to have this open along with the Raymond Terrace link, and finally get a smooth run up to Gold Coast.

Side note I wonder if the old highway through Coffs will remain a state road and maybe get a B route, or if it will be passed to the council and given a local name (like all other stretches of old Pacific Highway)

#130km/hforthehume

Dec 28, 2023, 6:22:20 PM12/28/23
to Aussie Highways
The soon-to-be-old highway through Coffs will need a lot of revitalisation, but I would not be surprised if it were given a B-route.

AlienChex

Dec 29, 2023, 6:47:57 AM12/29/23
to Aussie Highways
I feel like Coffs has enough local traffic for the old highway to remain a four lane arterial, except maybe the part through the CBD could be a boulevard with parking and a wide green median (similar to Kempsey)

Paul Rands

Dec 29, 2023, 5:34:49 PM12/29/23
to Aussie Highways Mailing List
Really enjoyed seeing that, but it does look like a long way until it is finished

Nihat

Dec 30, 2023, 12:07:28 AM12/30/23
to Aussie Highways
It should be remembered with the tunnel sections it will require the usual maintenance closures so any changes needs to keep this in mind as traffic will be diverted back onto the old highway.

barbs

Dec 30, 2023, 12:27:22 AM12/30/23
to Aussie Highways
Plus placarded loads are prohibited from using tunnels so fuel tankers etc will still need to go through town

Nihat

Mar 12, 2024, 11:18:27 PMMar 12
to aussie-...@googlegroups.com

Paul Rands

Mar 13, 2024, 8:06:52 AMMar 13
to Aussie Highways Mailing List
Looks good, still so much to do though. Hopefully I will get the chance to go through once it’s open.

Nihat

Mar 13, 2024, 11:21:28 PMMar 13
to aussie-...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it will take some time. For enthusiasts it is quite nice seeing such an engineering marvel through the Coffs hills. To think you will be able to travel from the Sunshine Coast to Geelong without a traffic light.

Paul Rands

Mar 18, 2024, 8:05:36 PMMar 18
to Aussie Highways Mailing List
The Gympie bypass opens soon too. So it will be further than the Sunny Coast before you get a traffic light. I think it’ll be Colac to Tiaro without a signal.

Alex Csar

Mar 18, 2024, 8:15:46 PMMar 18
to aussie-...@googlegroups.com
There are traffic lights at Winchelsea, but you are correct as far as an uninterrupted divided highway is concerned.

Cheers,
Alex.

John Graham

Mar 18, 2024, 11:45:05 PMMar 18
to Aussie Highways
If Coffs opens in 2027 as scheduled, Heatherbrae will still have lights until sometime in 2028 when Raymond Terrace bp is completed.

Nihat

Mar 19, 2024, 1:27:01 AMMar 19
to Aussie Highways
Yes, this project will be completed before the M1 extension. That will be the final piece of the puzzle.

Paul R

Mar 21, 2024, 7:35:33 AMMar 21
to Aussie Highways Mailing List
OK, I wasn’t aware there was a set of signals there.  Which junction?
Message has been deleted

Nihat

May 10, 2024, 8:00:08 AMMay 10
to Aussie Highways

Nihat

Jun 10, 2024, 4:25:18 AMJun 10
to Aussie Highways

Nihat

Jun 17, 2024, 4:53:35 AMJun 17
to Aussie Highways
Some pictures of the bypass attached, mostly tunnel portals from Shepherds Lane where the railway is and others across the alignment. Will look to go every so often to see how the landscape changes, a significant once in a generation project and did see some other interested locals or tourists from the very good vantage points. Coramba Rd is another but no place to stop, will try next time.

Nihat

Jun 17, 2024, 5:17:06 AMJun 17
to Aussie Highways