Former New England Highway alignment - Liverpool Range

Vincent

Jul 19, 2022, 5:11:01 PM7/19/22
to Aussie Highways
Hi everyone,

Just wondering whether anyone has traversed the former NE Highway alignment at Liverpool Range outside Murrurundi?

I was going to either drive or walk the alignment when I drove through in January but it looked like it was blocked off and I didn't want to find myself on private property. Pics would be amazing, I'm coming up pretty blank online.

Cheers,
Vincent.

Sam L

Jul 19, 2022, 11:16:05 PM7/19/22
to aussie-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vincent,

I have photographed this old alignment a number of years ago now and will dig out some photos for you.

Looking on Six Maps, the whole length appears to still be within a public road reserve. But I seem to recall there was a section that was fenced or gated and I had to walk, after driving in from Ardglen and crossing the railway bridge.

Jul 27, 2022, 3:06:30 AM7/27/22
to aussie-...@googlegroups.com

Ah!  I drove it a million times BEFORE it was the former route…used to be a fun bit of road if there was no traffic.

Phillip