Best Signs in Australia?

Adrian Biankin

Jun 16, 2021, 6:04:18 AMJun 16
to Aussie Highways
What do you guys think are the best signs in Australia? As in the best graphics and has advance directions.

Pacific Highway at Wyoming

#130km/hforthehume

Jun 17, 2021, 8:01:10 AMJun 17
to Aussie Highways
Here's a list of what I think are the best:
  • The A1 sign near the Victorian border
  • All the new borderless signs between Jervis Bay to Bega
  •  A couple of A39 Newell Highway signs
  • This sign located on the Sturt Highway in SA
  • This one in the NT looks nice, but it's missing the C24 marker
  • This highly graphical one at the B30 junction with A1

Paul Rands

Jun 19, 2021, 12:08:49 AMJun 19
to aussie-...@googlegroups.com

New South Wales apart from most of the pap churned out during the 90s. Followed by WA, Tas, Vic, SA, ACT, QLD and NT

--
Paul Rands
li...@paulrands.com

#130km/hforthehume

Jun 20, 2021, 5:42:25 AMJun 20
to Aussie Highways
I sort of half agree and disagree with you there. Here's what I think:
NSW, Tas, WA, SA, Vic, NT, ACT, JBT, Christmas Island (based on images), and Qld.

Surely tiny Jervis Bay Territory even having terrible signs, could be better than ACT.

Paul Rands

Jun 20, 2021, 10:01:08 AMJun 20
to aussie-...@googlegroups.com

JBT is administered by the ACT, so the same designers and manufacturers that do the ACT signs do the JBT stuff.

#130km/hforthehume

Jun 20, 2021, 11:25:13 PMJun 20
to Aussie Highways
it explains why the JBT signs look massive. (and the terrible "Shops" sign  is definitely an ACT design where in reality it should be "Shop" as there's only one shop :) )