Pacific Highway safety upgrade

Phillip McCallum

Aug 10, 2021, 10:00:42 PM8/10/21
to aussie-...@googlegroups.com

Hi guys

This article caught my eye regarding spending on the Pacific Hwy.  It doesn’t seem to say, but is this aiming to eliminate the zones where the speed limit is less than 110km/h?  It would be good to get this speed limit consistent for the entire section of the Pacific Hwy, as I find myself losing track of the ups and downs almost every time I drive it.

A $40M boost for Pacific Highway's safety upgrade - Roads & Infrastructure Magazine (roadsonline.com.au)

Phillip

AlienChex

Aug 11, 2021, 12:59:29 AM8/11/21
to Aussie Highways
Coolongolook Bypass when? You’ll still need to slow down to 60 to get through that town unless they finally decide to bypass it.

If they’re planning to 110 the whole road, then there’s hopes for a seamless M1 route from Sydney-Brisbane once Coffs and Hexham bypasses are done

#130km/hforthehume

Aug 11, 2021, 1:24:17 AM8/11/21
to Aussie Highways
I hope we can get some 120-130km/h roads if it were upgraded.

Nihat

Aug 11, 2021, 10:56:57 PM8/11/21
to Aussie Highways
Its 80 through there and not a hassle with no traffic lights. it will never get bypassed, the time to have done it was decades ago when the upgrades north and south were done

#130km/hforthehume

Aug 12, 2021, 12:36:12 AM8/12/21
to Aussie Highways
it's still annoying that you can't get a 110 through there.