A43 distance sign at Wyoming

Adrian Biankin

Jun 17, 2022, 1:12:57 AM6/17/22
to Aussie Highways
I was at Wyoming today and I spotted an A43 distance sign, just after the roundabout on the Pacific Hwy at Wyoming. It was a bordered A43 as well. Is this just a mistake or maybe a possible A43 designation on the old State 83 route?

Johnny Telcher

Jun 17, 2022, 2:22:21 AM6/17/22
to Aussie Highways
It's obviously a coverplate.

Adrian Biankin

Jun 17, 2022, 4:27:56 AM6/17/22
to Aussie Highways
It's a new sign. No coverplate visible. I'll try and get a pic soon.

AlienChex

Jun 17, 2022, 7:48:57 AM6/17/22
to Aussie Highways
Has to be a mistake, it wouldn’t make sense to extend A43 down the entire Pacific Hwy from Charmhaven to Gosford.

Luke W

Jun 26, 2022, 8:47:45 AM6/26/22
to Aussie Highways
A replacement for this one: https://goo.gl/maps/1y9udXBmzqEff2uN6 (which did have no number)?

I agree w/ the others, it makes no sense and I presume it's just a goof by either R+W and/or Central Coast Council - still would love to see it though.

Adrian Biankin

Jun 26, 2022, 10:02:02 AM6/26/22
to Aussie Highways
It was a replacement for this one https://www.google.com/maps/@-33.4097365,151.3485629,3a,34.4y,205.99h,87.12t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s6jTgz8E43fu6FAvjd1ZQ4Q!2e0!7i13312!8i6656 (Which was blown away sometime in 2017).
I really need to get a pick of it

Adrian Biankin

Jul 15, 2022, 2:27:34 AM7/15/22
to Aussie Highways
0F4BD017-2F72-4441-8E00-31891DAA080A.jpegfinally got a pic of the A43 sign. No name plate

AlienChex

Jul 15, 2022, 2:50:58 AM7/15/22
to Aussie Highways
Seems like a misprint. The road is named Pacific Hwy which A43 is also assigned to between Doyalson and Hexham. There are no plans in the pipeline to continue the route to Gosford and it makes no sense as it’s a council road between Ourimbah and Charmhaven.

Having said that though, it would be nice to see a new route between Ourimbah and West Gosford, following the pacific highway and then the Manns Road bypass

#130km/hforthehume

Jul 17, 2022, 10:53:45 PM7/17/22
to Aussie Highways
Ooh nice pic. It would make more sense if they chose to route A43 south instead of ending at the Pac Motorway though.

AlienChex

Jul 18, 2022, 4:31:40 AM7/18/22
to Aussie Highways
Nah if anything that road should be renamed to a local name. It’s hardly a highway anymore and it’s council owned. There should be a route from Ourimbah to Gosford though

Sam L

Jul 18, 2022, 10:43:19 AM7/18/22
to aussie-...@googlegroups.com
It's still a State Road (HW10 - Pacific Highway) from Charmhaven down to Wyong Road, and again from Ourimbah interchange to Manns Road.

It would make sense to have two 'local' B routes - one from Charmhaven to Tuggerah and the other from Ourimbah to West Gosford via Manns Road. Then another down Brisbane Water Drive to Woy Woy, then Empire Bay Drive to Kincumber and Avoca Drive back to Erina. OK now I'm getting carried away...

Jul 18, 2022, 10:45:59 AM7/18/22
to aussie-...@googlegroups.com
To correct myself, it's still HW10 - Pacific Highway from Ourimbah to Henry Parry Drive at Wyoming, not Manns Road. Nonetheless, a route via Manns Road makes sense.

Jul 18, 2022, 7:42:43 PM7/18/22
to Aussie Highways
I think Ourimbah to the Brisbane Water Drive intersection at Gosford West is a good spot for a B route, but the else is not nessecary. Maybe you could have one down Woy Woy Road, then around the back road via The Scenic Road, Scenic Hwy and Avoca Drive back to A49 via Terrigal

Adrian Biankin

Jul 18, 2022, 8:27:38 PM7/18/22
to Aussie Highways
Maybe something like this?
map.jpg

AlienChex

Jul 19, 2022, 1:30:08 AM7/19/22
to Aussie Highways
6A7AEDF4-6F8F-4C26-B624-F7232ACA1D70.jpeg
This is more like. Keep the routes seperate, as having it one constant route makes it a bit unfocused.
One A route from Ourimbah to Gosford, one B route weaving around Woy Woy / Empire Bay.

While we’re at it, can we remove B83 from the old highway between Cowan and Somersby? Unrelated but it’s a pretty unused road, it has no need to hold a state route number as it’s essentially a D route (which it’s already signposted as)

#130km/hforthehume

Jul 19, 2022, 9:22:30 AM7/19/22
to Aussie Highways
Off topic, but B83 could really have more use if it was rerouted northwest through Peats Ridge Road.

Musa Hodzic

Jul 19, 2022, 9:31:23 PM7/19/22
to Aussie Highways
It is a nicely laid out sign though. Tidy.