Remnant 43's

#130km/hforthehume

May 19, 2021, 10:06:16 AM5/19/21
to Aussie Highways
Having been on CityLink recently, I couldn't help to resist not noticing the large number of unconverted S/MR43s. What's the reason for this slow conversion? Surely NSW can fully convert a borderless route within this time.

But would this have been Melbourne's first alpha on the second rollout? I first noticed it in 2017, near Tulla Airport, but like all other alphas in Melbourne, the conversion process is slow.

Sam Laybutt

May 19, 2021, 10:07:09 AM5/19/21
to aussie-...@googlegroups.com
No funding - only signs changed due to the widening/reconstruction works show M2 and the remainder are all older signs, as far as I know.

May 19, 2021, 5:35:15 PM5/19/21
to Aussie Highways
During the Tulla widening, almost all of the signs on the freeway itself were replaced or coverplated with "M2".

But it seems they forgot about some of the approach roads. I've noticed myself that alot of signage on the side roads is still the original sign with "MR43" uncovered. Definitely one sign on Pascoe Vale Road still has "NH79" on it.....and for bonus points, until the widening in around 2016, Mickleham Road still had the original "F81" direction signs.

#130km/hforthehume

May 20, 2021, 8:57:03 AM5/20/21
to Aussie Highways
There's also a remnant NR79 on calder pk drive

Paul Rands

Jun 6, 2021, 3:16:20 AM6/6/21
to aussie-...@googlegroups.com

It seems Vicroads haven't been consistent with MR43 conversion. They're usually better at keeping on top of those kinds of things.

--
Paul Rands
li...@paulrands.com