Department of Main Roads - "The Better Alternatives", 1971

Vincent

Nov 8, 2021, 7:39:04 AM11/8/21
to Aussie Highways
Hi everyone,

Not sure whether we've covered this video before, but I did a few searches of the Google Groups page and couldn't find any discussion?

The NSW Roads YouTube channel has uploaded a video presentation on infrastructure upgrades titled "The Better Alternatives" from 1971. Link here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIK38ewjZhQ

If you haven't seen it before, I won't spoil the goodness inside. But if pre-metric, freeway signs, and black signs are your thing...you'll probably be in luck.

There's a lot of good content on this YouTube channel, including material produced for other jurisdictions. But all the videos I'm seeing were uploaded at least 5 years ago, so perhaps we've discussed them and I've just forgotten? If not, plenty of good content to trawl through.

Cheers,
Vincent

Qwerty88

Nov 9, 2021, 3:08:01 AM11/9/21
to Aussie Highways
That looks great Vincent. Thanks for sharing.

Do you know if any other states have youtube channels of archived footage?

ed24f1

Nov 9, 2021, 10:01:36 AM11/9/21
to Aussie Highways
Great find

Vincent

Nov 9, 2021, 5:26:55 PM11/9/21
to Aussie Highways
I haven't discovered archived footage from other states, but NSW Roads have published videos which were created for other jurisdictions. Here's one from Queensland:

One from Western Australia:

One created for the Transport Research Laboratory, former government department based in the UK:

Cheers,
Vincent

Shawn S

Nov 9, 2021, 5:28:37 PM11/9/21