Google Maps Pacific Highway error?

Johnny Telcher

Jan 4, 2024, 7:04:47 AMJan 4
to Aussie Highways
I just noticed on Google Maps that they replaced every mention of Pacific Highway (expect the Old Pacific Highway between Kariong and Calga) with Pacific Motorway! Hopefully it was an accident or glitch and it will get fixed soon.

Here are some examples.

I also attached a snapshot if it near Raymond Terrace as proof just incase they fixed it by the time you look

pacific mwy not pacific hwy.PNG

Henry Ung

Jan 4, 2024, 9:12:25 PMJan 4
to aussie-...@googlegroups.com
I also noticed Pacific Motorway through Sydney too. I was looking through Google Maps this morning and it was displaying on the A1 section as a motorway.

Johnny Telcher

Jan 5, 2024, 2:30:08 AMJan 5
to aussie-...@googlegroups.com
My best guess as to why it happened is that one of Google Maps' editors was fixing an error on the Pacific Hwy (probably to fix a misaligned or messy road) and accidentally overwritten "Pacific Hwy" with "Pacific Mtwy" Hopefully someone will notice it and fix it. Maybe I should report it if it doesn't get fixed anytime soon. It also happened on the Bruxner Hwy where for a short period a few months ago, it was mislabeled as Bruxner Way.

Johnny Telcher

Jan 5, 2024, 7:48:37 PMJan 5
to aussie-...@googlegroups.com