We Get it hope you like it

marika

Feb 10, 2022, 9:05:22 PMFeb 10
Anyone watching the olympics

Ioc is very corrupt

Remember when they got caught taking bribes for location bids

mk5000

If and when the truth comes out, are you among those persons who will target sacrificial lambs for scapegoats?
It is wise to remember that the truth however hidden shall eventually come out.
~ Angelica Hopes, an excerpt from K.H. Trilogy”

Peter Jason

Feb 10, 2022, 11:07:45 PMFeb 10
On Thu, 10 Feb 2022 18:05:21 -0800 (PST), marika
<marik...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Anyone watching the olympics

No. It's as boring as the ads.

>Ioc is very corrupt.

They're all corrupt.

Computer Nerd Kev

Feb 11, 2022, 6:11:48 PMFeb 11
marika <marik...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyone watching the olympics

Only for a few seconds before deciding there's nothing on that
night. :)

> Ioc is very corrupt
>
> Remember when they got caught taking bribes for location bids

So long as it's another country paying, I really don't care. My
only objection would be if our government spent public money on
such a bribe, and it wouldn't be the IOC that I'd be angry with
then either.

Though they spend so much on the infrastructure etc. that maybe it
doesn't make much difference anyway. What I'd like to see is a
study showing the _actual_ net economic gains from the Sydney 2000
Olympics. Sure there's all the projections, but did anyone
independent even check after the event whether a significant net
economic benefit had been realised?

I've done lot of web searches in the past and always come back
empty handed, so I'm thinking maybe nobody has. Then again, it's
very hard to search for.

--
__ __

m syadoz

Feb 11, 2022, 11:55:48 PMFeb 11
I do not have any specialized info, but observe that the great majority of these projects are financed by government debt, aka bonds. There are companies, e.g., Moody Analytics, Standard and Poors, and Fitch, who provide bond ratings and studies to support investing in the bonds, and presumably studies of past similar projects to support their ratings.

It stands to reason the data exists and has been studied, but it might be available only if purchased by a client.

Urban Studies == Another field of endeavor that likely has abundant info on the topic. I would check university libraries