Doctor Who leaves the ABC

Computer Nerd Kev

Oct 29, 2022, 5:13:51 PM10/29/22
It looks like I might have seen my last new episode of Doctor Who.
There's no way I'm paying anything significant for it based on the
quality of the recent ones, nor would I otherwise want Disney+.

ABC's five-decade partnership with Doctor Who ends after BBC
confirms Disney+ deal from 2023
Wed 26 Oct 2022
- https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-10-26/doctor-who-bbc-disney-deal/101580524101580524

"After a partnership spanning more than five decades, Doctor Who
will no longer appear on the ABC beyond the current season.

Key points:
Doctor Who first aired on the ABC in January 1965

The ABC has been one of the longest-running broadcasters of the
show outside the BBC

New episodes will air in November 2023 on the BBC and Disney+ "

--
__ __
#_ < |\| |< _#

keithr0

Oct 29, 2022, 8:08:16 PM10/29/22
I seem to remember that originally there was a maximum number of times
that Dr Who could regenerate, we must be getting close to that by now.
The series after this, David Tennant will be back as the doctor, that's
the first repeat, after that a black guy, so now it's getting inclusive
and maybe the one after him will be a disabled chinese lesbian.

Sylvia Else

Oct 29, 2022, 8:42:08 PM10/29/22
No, they fixed the limit when Smith's doctor regenerated, since he was
supposedly on his last life. The Time Lords gave him some more
(apparently it's not some inherent in the biology, but within the Time
Lords' gift. Odd that they don't all just live forever, then).

Tenant's return may be a last-ditch effort to undo the damage done by
Chris Chibnall (albeit with the connivance of the BBC). Would have been
better to get Capaldi back, and claim that the Giball time was just a
bad dream (do Time Lords dream?). Hey, it worked for "Dallas".

Sylvia

Falscher Bruce

Nov 10, 2022, 3:05:09 AM11/10/22
According to Chibnall's technobollocks, The Doctor was the "Timeless Child" from another world with apparently unlimited lives. The Time Lords figured out how to copy this, but with a limit of 12 regenerations. So The Doctor could go beyond 24 regenerations, if it is still running in 50 years....