Postal Vote receipt number

Sylvia Else

Apr 15, 2022, 1:57:38 AM4/15/22
PVA-RXQK4YPR26

Xeno

Apr 15, 2022, 7:34:01 AM4/15/22
On 15/4/2022 3:57 pm, Sylvia Else wrote:
>  PVA-RXQK4YPR26

You may not have wanted to post that here...

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Sylvia Else

Apr 18, 2022, 9:53:26 PM4/18/22
On 15-Apr-22 9:33 pm, Xeno wrote:
> On 15/4/2022 3:57 pm, Sylvia Else wrote:
>>   PVA-RXQK4YPR26
>
> You may not have wanted to post that here...

Probably not. I wondered where it went.

I think that's the first time I've made that mistake.

It probably won't be the last.

Sylvia.

Xeno

Apr 22, 2022, 4:28:10 AM4/22/22
Unlike your bank account details, it probably isn't a lot of use to
anyone other than you. I find one method is to have two different mail
programs, one purely for your main mail account sans usenet, another for
usenet and suspect areas like website registrations. Best to ensure you
also develop a system for mailing that involves a double check of the
addressee. HTH ;-)

Sylvia Else

Apr 22, 2022, 4:51:42 AM4/22/22
On 22-Apr-22 6:28 pm, Xeno wrote:
> On 19/4/2022 11:53 am, Sylvia Else wrote:
>>>
>>> You may not have wanted to post that here...
>>>

>> Probably not. I wondered where it went.
>>

>> I think that's the first time I've made that mistake.
>>
>> It probably won't be the last.
>>
>> Sylvia.
>
> Unlike your bank account details, it probably isn't a lot of use to
> anyone other than you.

No - about the only thing someone could do with it was cancel my postal
vote, but I cancelled it myself for that reason and reinstated it to get
a different number.

> I find one method is to have two different mail
> programs, one purely for your main mail account sans usenet, another for
> usenet and suspect areas like website registrations. Best to ensure you
> also develop a system for mailing that involves a double check of the
> addressee.  HTH  ;-)

I think I'm really only vulnerable to this when using it to send a note
to myself. For any other email, I'll necessarily be thinking about who
it's being sent to.

Time will no doubt tell as to whether that's correct.

Sylvia.

Graham Cooper

Jun 15, 2022, 3:12:24 PM6/15/22
4YPR

for your personal reference silly

Sylvia Else

Jun 15, 2022, 9:59:58 PM6/15/22
Nice catch.

Sadly, it wasn't AEC humour, since my replacement reference number
didn't contain that sequence.

Sylvia.