OT: old TV's (attn Clocky)

Yosemite Sam

Jan 28, 2023, 9:25:32 AM1/28/23

I have a couple of 4x3CRT screen colour tv's in perfect nick that I need
to get rid of. looking on eBay i see ppl are asking $400 for them! not
suggesting they can get that tho, but have they become collectors items now?

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Computer Nerd Kev

Jan 28, 2023, 6:17:58 PM1/28/23
In aus.tv Yosemite Sam <fe...@goaway.now> wrote:

> I have a couple of 4x3CRT screen colour tv's in perfect nick that I need
> to get rid of. looking on eBay i see ppl are asking $400 for them! not
> suggesting they can get that tho, but have they become collectors items now?

I watch a category on Ebay where they sometimes pop up.

I think some of the video game collectors occasionally pay up for
old TVs to pair with their old consoles. I've seen listings in the
~$50 range sold before, but not often. $400 is probably still a
crazy number unless you're actually looking at monitors designed
specifically for old computers in which case those are genuinely
sought after.

I think the people who pay ~$50 for one probably aren't very bright
though, because it's still trivial to find people trying to give
them away. Or I suppose some people just one one NOW and don't want
to wait or drive far to collect.

Anyway, if you want them gone this year I'd suggest listing them
for free or maybe something like $20, otherwise you might be
waiting a long time for a nutter to come along. Of course if you
live out of town like me, then you probably won't find anyone
wanting to drive out to pick them up even if they are free.

PS Click on the "sold listings" link on Ebay and you can see for
yourself whether people are really buying them (filter for your
local area too, if it's out of a major city).

--
__ __
#_ < |\| |< _#

Yosemite Sam

Jan 28, 2023, 7:44:58 PM1/28/23
Computer Nerd Kev wrote:
> In aus.tv Yosemite Sam <fe...@goaway.now> wrote:
>> I have a couple of 4x3CRT screen colour tv's in perfect nick that I need
>> to get rid of. looking on eBay i see ppl are asking $400 for them! not
>> suggesting they can get that tho, but have they become collectors items now?
> I watch a category on Ebay where they sometimes pop up.
>
> I think some of the video game collectors occasionally pay up for
> old TVs to pair with their old consoles. I've seen listings in the
> ~$50 range sold before, but not often. $400 is probably still a
> crazy number unless you're actually looking at monitors designed
> specifically for old computers in which case those are genuinely
> sought after.
>
> I think the people who pay ~$50 for one probably aren't very bright
> though, because it's still trivial to find people trying to give
> them away. Or I suppose some people just want one NOW and don't want
> to wait or drive far to collect.
>
> Anyway, if you want them gone this year I'd suggest listing them
> for free or maybe something like $20, otherwise you might be
> waiting a long time for a nutter to come along. Of course if you
> live out of town like me, then you probably won't find anyone
> wanting to drive out to pick them up even if they are free.

I thought of putting one on eBay for auction starting at $50 and see
what happens. if bidding takes off, I'll know it's worth more and will
see what it finally sells for. then I can hold out for a good price for
the other one. if nothing happens I'll put drop the starting price, and
if still nothing put them on for $1 each. (you can't put stuff free on eBay)

both are in pristine condition, work perfectly, and I have the remotes
and manuals for them. One is a Sony Trinitron and the other JVC (I don't
have access to them right now so can't post model numbers) and both have
AV inputs.

> PS Click on the "sold listings" link on Ebay and you can see for
> yourself whether people are really buying them (filter for your
> local area too, if it's out of a major city).

thanks, I didn't know that. will take a look.

Petzl

Jan 28, 2023, 8:10:19 PM1/28/23
On Sun, 29 Jan 2023 11:44:43 +1100, Yosemite Sam <fe...@goaway.now>
wrote:
Try a auction if you wish to be rid of them (may or not surprise you).
Bought my 2nd hand (VER2 ?) "Razor Cynosa Chroma" usb keyboard for $19
really pleased with it, BRIGHT backlit letters, waterproof keyboard,

Rod Speed is envious, very good condition, perfection (*except* the
keyboard ! @ # $ % ^ & * ( ) _ display reversed [should be marked on
top of keys], will take getting used to ).
--
Petzl
You funny guy, I'll kill you last.