Somerton Man doco on SBS

Ozix

Sep 17, 2023, 8:07:10 AM9/17/23
What a crock of shit. Dumb yanks showing a bus ticked saying 40 cents
instead of shillings. Stock footage of Sydney Harbour Bridge when beach
is in Adelaide. Doco came out a few months before Somerton Man was
identified. Why didn't they burn all copies?

Rod Speed

Sep 18, 2023, 7:59:06 PM9/18/23
Ozix <oz...@xizo.am> wrote

You sure you are talking about the SBS ?

Dont get any hits on the SBS site.

There were a couple of Australian Story eps on the ABC about him tho.

Computer Nerd Kev

Sep 18, 2023, 9:17:48 PM9/18/23
Rod Speed <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ozix <oz...@xizo.am> wrote
>
> You sure you are talking about the SBS ?
>
> Dont get any hits on the SBS site.
>
> There were a couple of Australian Story eps on the ABC about him tho.

I think it was part of a series they've been showing on SBS
or SBS Viceland, presented by an actor from The Matrix. Here it is
on IMDB:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt18376106/

They showed ads for it, but I didn't watch it myself. Other
episodes of that show have disappointed me already.

--
__ __
#_ < |\| |< _#

Peter Jason

Sep 19, 2023, 4:46:48 PM9/19/23
On 19 Sep 2023 11:17:35 +1000, Computer Nerd Kev
It's yet another example of 15min of content stretched out to 1Hr of
viewing time. Long live PVRs!

Rod Speed

Sep 19, 2023, 11:27:26 PM9/19/23
Computer Nerd Kev <n...@telling.you.invalid> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote
>> Ozix <oz...@xizo.am> wrote

>> You sure you are talking about the SBS ?

>> Dont get any hits on the SBS site.

>> There were a couple of Australian Story eps on the ABC about him tho.

> I think it was part of a series they've been showing on SBS
> or SBS Viceland, presented by an actor from The Matrix. Here it is
> on IMDB:
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt18376106/

Yeah, thanks for that. I should have used the advanced
google search on that site and not the SBS search.

> They showed ads for it, but I didn't watch it myself. Other
> episodes of that show have disappointed me already.

The somertom man one isnt too bad apart from the stuffups that Ozix
mentioned.

Rod Speed

Sep 20, 2023, 6:13:41 AM9/20/23
Just as easy to skip what you arent interested in with streamed progs.