US eps

John Donald

Mar 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/25/96
What Ralph the wonder lama just said that most people would have seen
neisei/731 apocrypha etc.

How many people actually gets tapes from the US. I got 3 in the
non-ratings season, but when the new eps start I can't really see the
point, you have nothing to watch!

my $.02

Ralph the Wonder Llama

Mar 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/25/96
On Mon, 25 Mar 1996 18:27:54 -0800, while discussing US eps, John Donald
<jdo...@zip.com.au> uttered the following words of wisdom:

> my $.02

Well, why not tape them and NEVER watch them - then you'll always have something
to watch.

Sorry, that's maybe a bit rude, but I watch at least one X File every night.
With the exception of War of the Cophrages, which was utter garbage IMHO, there
is no X File I have only seen once.

I don't even WATCH the telly except to tape the XF in PAL when they finally come
on. I'm sick of Star Trek, Voyager especially, I've never watched Babylon V,
Seaquest is rubbish, Animaniacs got taken off, all the good shows either start
with X or are not on anymore.

Which is why I can justify a $1000 video recorder.

My .02c worth.

(\.,./)
Lost: Ralph the Wonder Llama was reported o o
missing earlier this year. If you have seen `.".'
or heard from Ralph (pictured on right), .'";,,,, | |
please contact either: `: """"~~~| |
GPO Box 1375, Hobart 7001, : `~ ' |.
Tasmania, Australia `. ` `~ `~ |
OR via EMail at: ;;.`. `~ |
xfi...@southcom.com.au ;; ::`"~vvv;;v;;'"
:: || ;; ;;
Any donations gratefully accepted. || " :: :: (__)
" || ||
art by Intensity " "

Gene

Mar 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/25/96
In article <4j5mb2$o...@otis.netspace.net.au>,

Ralph the Wonder Llama <xfi...@southcom.com.au> wrote:

>on. I'm sick of Star Trek, Voyager especially, I've never watched Babylon V,

^^^^^^^^^

Wow, pray tell, how you can be sick of a show that hasn't aired yet?

I wish I could do that, then I wouldn't have bothered watching Space:AAB.

Gene

Ralph the Wonder Llama

Mar 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/26/96
On Tue, 26 Mar 1996 10:03:57 +1100, while discussing War of the Coprophages
(Definite Spoilers) was: Re: US eps, Matt Treyvaud
<cth...@ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au> uttered the following words of wisdom:

> SPOILER SPACE... The Final Frontier

> These are the voyages of the ng-ship, ATXF. Its indefinitely-prolonged
> mission... to keep people like Matt-5, Ralph the Wonder Llama, Mulchy,
> Holly, etc. off the streets...

> On Mon, 25 Mar 1996, Ralph the Wonder Llama wrote:

> > Sorry, that's maybe a bit rude, but I watch at least one X File every night.
> > With the exception of War of the Cophrages, which was utter garbage IMHO,
there
> > is no X File I have only seen once.

> Why was WotC bad? Let's have a discussion about this! :)

> IMHO, WotC was pretty darn good. Different, sure, but I liked the
> difference. A bit of humour goes a long way. The right way. I thought the
> Scully/Mulder interaction was inspired, I liked the bizarre plot twists -
> I always prefer the episodes where you don't find out exactly what's
> going on until near the end - and I especially liked the fairy-tale-esque
> repeated theme of "Mulder rings Scully, Scully diagnoses, Mulder goes
> 'You're probably right'."

Each to his own - I found it completely out of character for Mulder to keep
accepting Scullys suggestions, and even for her to keep suggesting them until
the end. The Bambi thing had great humour potential, and was probably the
episodes saving grace. Without it I would have come up with a thumbs down
rating for my page instead of giving it one llama.

I have nothing against humour in the XF - I LOVE Clyde Bruckman for example, I
think it's my current favourite. However when the characters act out of
character, and the punchline is alien robot cockroaches that burrow under
peoples skin and generally find ways to kill them, that is pushing credibility
further than I am personally willing to go. It contradicts the whole subplot
developed so brilliantly by Nisei/731 only a few weeks before. Why ? Because
the whole idea was that the best way to visit other planets is via robotic
insects. That being the case, what DNA is being used to make hybrids, etc ?

My .01 c worth ( the value of my opinion is dropping ).

Matt Treyvaud

Mar 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/26/96
On Mon, 25 Mar 1996, John Donald wrote:

> What Ralph the wonder lama just said that most people would have seen
> neisei/731 apocrypha etc.
>
> How many people actually gets tapes from the US. I got 3 in the
> non-ratings season, but when the new eps start I can't really see the
> point, you have nothing to watch!

I watch 'em again when they come on TV. That's the good thing about the
XF; it's so well-produced that you can always appreciate it. The lighting
(okay, it's normally dark, but you can do a lot of variation on 'dark'),
the music (the excelcius dei music still stands out in my mind as being
excellent), the acting (duh)...

> my $.02

My non-valuable quantum input

Slurp
Matt-5

Matt Treyvaud, aka Matt-5 | email: cth...@ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au
Grand Chaotician, S-47-MJ | URL: http://ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au/~cthulhu
\ / "SPEEDOS!! OR NOTHING!!
-\()/-
\/ Man, that is one swimming carnival that I would never miss!!"
<()> - Lyndal Cairns

Matt Treyvaud

Mar 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/26/96

SPOILER SPACE... The Final Frontier

These are the voyages of the ng-ship, ATXF. Its indefinitely-prolonged
mission... to keep people like Matt-5, Ralph the Wonder Llama, Mulchy,
Holly, etc. off the streets...

On Mon, 25 Mar 1996, Ralph the Wonder Llama wrote:

> Sorry, that's maybe a bit rude, but I watch at least one X File every night.
> With the exception of War of the Cophrages, which was utter garbage IMHO, there
> is no X File I have only seen once.

Why was WotC bad? Let's have a discussion about this! :)

IMHO, WotC was pretty darn good. Different, sure, but I liked the
difference. A bit of humour goes a long way. The right way. I thought the
Scully/Mulder interaction was inspired, I liked the bizarre plot twists -
I always prefer the episodes where you don't find out exactly what's
going on until near the end - and I especially liked the fairy-tale-esque
repeated theme of "Mulder rings Scully, Scully diagnoses, Mulder goes
'You're probably right'."

> Lost: Ralph the Wonder Llama was reported o o

Slurp,
Matt-5

___ Matt Treyvaud, Defier of Iok-Sotot;
/\ /\ E-mail: cth...@ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au
\_\ /_/ URL: http://ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au/~cthulhu
\ /
))|(| "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness
(/ ( )\ of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth
( ) )| ) below, OR THAT IS IN THE WATER UNDER THE EARTH." - Ex. 20:4

Matt Treyvaud

Mar 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/26/96
On Tue, 26 Mar 1996, Ralph the Wonder Llama wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Mar 1996 10:03:57 +1100, while discussing War of the Coprophages
> (Definite Spoilers) was: Re: US eps, Matt Treyvaud
> <cth...@ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au> uttered the following words of wisdom:
>

> > SPOILER SPACE... The Final Frontier
>
> > These are the voyages of the ng-ship, ATXF. Its indefinitely-prolonged
> > mission... to keep people like Matt-5, Ralph the Wonder Llama, Mulchy,
> > Holly, etc. off the streets...
>

> > IMHO, WotC was pretty darn good. Different, sure, but I liked the
> > difference. A bit of humour goes a long way. The right way. I thought the
> > Scully/Mulder interaction was inspired, I liked the bizarre plot twists -
> > I always prefer the episodes where you don't find out exactly what's
> > going on until near the end - and I especially liked the fairy-tale-esque
> > repeated theme of "Mulder rings Scully, Scully diagnoses, Mulder goes
> > 'You're probably right'."
>

> Each to his own - I found it completely out of character for Mulder to keep
> accepting Scullys suggestions, and even for her to keep suggesting them until
> the end.

But the problem was, in each case they explained the event better than
anything Mulder could have thought up. Normally, yeah, Scully is
clutching at straws, but in WotC everything she said made more sense than
Mulder's theories and Mulder knew it. That also explains why she kept
suggesting them.

> The Bambi thing had great humour potential, and was probably the
> episodes saving grace. Without it I would have come up with a thumbs down
> rating for my page instead of giving it one llama.

I'd have to give WotC at least 4 out of 5 myself. But again each to his own.

> I have nothing against humour in the XF - I LOVE Clyde Bruckman for example,

Well, that's your business. But what about the episode, "Clyde Bruckman's
Final Repose"? :)

> think it's my current favourite. However when the characters act out of
> character, and the punchline is alien robot cockroaches that burrow under
> peoples skin and generally find ways to kill them, that is pushing credibility
> further than I am personally willing to go.

Call me an unrestrained arsewit if you like, but I thought that the
cockroaches weren't actually the killers - they were just the explorers.
That is, the haemmorhage was really a haemmorhage, the drug addict really
died of self-inflicted wounds and not of terminal cockroach invasion, etc.
In the end I thought the roaches were found to just be alien devices of
exploration who happened to be at death scenes a lot - but then, they
were -everywhere- a lot so that doesn't worry me as being too implausible.

> It contradicts the whole subplot
> developed so brilliantly by Nisei/731 only a few weeks before. Why ? Because
> the whole idea was that the best way to visit other planets is via robotic
> insects. That being the case, what DNA is being used to make hybrids, etc ?

The Cockroach method of exploration is only really suitable when all you
want to do is look around. Cockroaches don't have much in the way of
manipulatory appendages. So I suggest that:
1) The cockroaches come from a different planet than the DNAliens; a
planet which is interested only in observing earth wheras the DNAliens
are/were interested in interacting with it.
2) The DNAliens are/were renegades from even their own planet - maybe
escaped criminals or something. The Cockroaches were sent to find them,
or they were from another planet as before.
3) Perhaps it's a psychology thing. The Cockroaches again are from a
different planet from the DNAliens; the DNAliens are on earth because
they live on an extremely distant planet, with which communication is
rather inconvient, and because they don't trust any AI they could create
to negotiate with Earth (for human abductees, space to set up colonies,
whatever) for them.

Basically all that is required is two groups of aliens, one wanting to
scan from a distance, and one wanting to get more involved.

> My .01 c worth ( the value of my opinion is dropping ).

> Lost: Ralph the Wonder Llama was reported o o

Matt-5

Marcus

Mar 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/26/96
g...@Physics.usyd.edu.au (Gene) wrote:

My God! You are still watching it?

Marcus

May the Force be with you...Ooops, wrong one...
Marcus Lee

Gene

Mar 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/26/96
In article <4j7igh$n...@metro.usyd.edu.au>,

Marcus <mj...@extro.ucc.su.oz.au> wrote:
>g...@Physics.usyd.edu.au (Gene) wrote:
>
>>In article <4j5mb2$o...@otis.netspace.net.au>,
>>Ralph the Wonder Llama <xfi...@southcom.com.au> wrote:
>
>>>on. I'm sick of Star Trek, Voyager especially, I've never watched Babylon V,
>> ^^^^^^^^^
>
>>Wow, pray tell, how you can be sick of a show that hasn't aired yet?
>
>>I wish I could do that, then I wouldn't have bothered watching Space:AAB.
>
>My God! You are still watching it?

No, not any more. I watched the 'movie' and was pretty disappointed
(especially in the premise that in the future we will still be relying
on the US Marines to bail us out of trouble - what a crock!). The SMH
said the 'series' was better (in what way I don't know!) so I watched
part of last weeks episode but gave up half way through. Man, is it bad.

Gene

Rick Jakins / SPeCTRa

Mar 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/26/96
The Mystical Matt Treyvaud
cast a spell of Re: War of the Coprophages (Definite Spoilers) was:
Re: US eps
on the denizens of aus.tv.x-files...

:On Tue, 26 Mar 1996, Ralph the Wonder Llama wrote:

:> On Tue, 26 Mar 1996 10:03:57 +1100, while discussing War of the Coprophages
:> (Definite Spoilers) was: Re: US eps, Matt Treyvaud
:> <cth...@ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au> uttered the following words of wisdom:
:>
:>
:>
:>
:>
:>
[...]

There was no haemmorage named. There was a case of anaphylactic(sp?)
shock, a brain anurism(sp?) a heart attack and death by incineration
in addition to egg-bomb syndrome.

Ralph the Wonder Llama

Mar 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/26/96
On Tue, 26 Mar 1996 16:15:17 +1100, while discussing Re: War of the Coprophages

(Definite Spoilers) was: Re: US eps, Matt Treyvaud
<cth...@ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au> uttered the following words of wisdom:

> > Each to his own - I found it completely out of character for Mulder to keep
> > accepting Scullys suggestions, and even for her to keep suggesting them
until
> > the end.

> But the problem was, in each case they explained the event better than
> anything Mulder could have thought up. Normally, yeah, Scully is
> clutching at straws, but in WotC everything she said made more sense than
> Mulder's theories and Mulder knew it. That also explains why she kept
> suggesting them.

So it was plausible that a professional exterminator was allergic to
cockroaches?

> > The Bambi thing had great humour potential, and was probably the
> > episodes saving grace. Without it I would have come up with a thumbs down
> > rating for my page instead of giving it one llama.

> I'd have to give WotC at least 4 out of 5 myself. But again each to his own.

Fair enough. I guess it's part of the shows appeal that it can be so diverse
that I hate one that you love. In the same way I love Darkness Falls, but
recently I mentioned it to someone who told me they thought it was stupid.

> > I have nothing against humour in the XF - I LOVE Clyde Bruckman for example,

> Well, that's your business. But what about the episode, "Clyde Bruckman's
> Final Repose"? :)

The sequel ? Even better.

> > think it's my current favourite. However when the characters act out of
> > character, and the punchline is alien robot cockroaches that burrow under
> > peoples skin and generally find ways to kill them, that is pushing
credibility
> > further than I am personally willing to go.

> Call me an unrestrained arsewit if you like, but I thought that the
> cockroaches weren't actually the killers - they were just the explorers.
> That is, the haemmorhage was really a haemmorhage, the drug addict really
> died of self-inflicted wounds and not of terminal cockroach invasion, etc.
> In the end I thought the roaches were found to just be alien devices of
> exploration who happened to be at death scenes a lot - but then, they
> were -everywhere- a lot so that doesn't worry me as being too implausible.

Yes, they were definately the cause of death, otherwise why did they swarm over
all the victims ?

> > It contradicts the whole subplot
> > developed so brilliantly by Nisei/731 only a few weeks before. Why ?
Because
> > the whole idea was that the best way to visit other planets is via robotic
> > insects. That being the case, what DNA is being used to make hybrids, etc ?

> The Cockroach method of exploration is only really suitable when all you
> want to do is look around. Cockroaches don't have much in the way of
> manipulatory appendages. So I suggest that:
> 1) The cockroaches come from a different planet than the DNAliens; a
> planet which is interested only in observing earth wheras the DNAliens
> are/were interested in interacting with it.
> 2) The DNAliens are/were renegades from even their own planet - maybe
> escaped criminals or something. The Cockroaches were sent to find them,
> or they were from another planet as before.
> 3) Perhaps it's a psychology thing. The Cockroaches again are from a
> different planet from the DNAliens; the DNAliens are on earth because
> they live on an extremely distant planet, with which communication is
> rather inconvient, and because they don't trust any AI they could create
> to negotiate with Earth (for human abductees, space to set up colonies,
> whatever) for them.

I like DD's theory, that the reason so many people claim to be abducted and
rectally examined is that they are really alien sex offenders on the run from
thier own law.

> Basically all that is required is two groups of aliens, one wanting to
> scan from a distance, and one wanting to get more involved.

I thought of that - it just didn't wash with me. I suspect at this point we
must agree to differ on this one episode.

(\.,./)

Lost: Ralph the Wonder Llama was reported o o

Ralph the Wonder Llama

Mar 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/26/96
On 25 Mar 1996 23:00:21 GMT, while discussing Re: US eps,
g...@Physics.usyd.edu.au (Gene) uttered the following words of wisdom:

> In article <4j5mb2$o...@otis.netspace.net.au>,
> Ralph the Wonder Llama <xfi...@southcom.com.au> wrote:

> >on. I'm sick of Star Trek, Voyager especially, I've never watched Babylon V,
> ^^^^^^^^^

> Wow, pray tell, how you can be sick of a show that hasn't aired yet?

Well, two ways. One is to BUY the videos, the other is to get someone in the US
to TAPE the episodes.

Space hasn't shown here yet, so I'm yet to be sick of that.

Matt Treyvaud

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
On Tue, 26 Mar 1996, Rick Jakins / SPeCTRa wrote:

> The Mystical Matt Treyvaud
> cast a spell of Re: War of the Coprophages (Definite Spoilers) was:
> Re: US eps
> on the denizens of aus.tv.x-files...

> :On Tue, 26 Mar 1996, Ralph the Wonder Llama wrote:
>
> :> On Tue, 26 Mar 1996 10:03:57 +1100, while discussing War of the Coprophages
> :> (Definite Spoilers) was: Re: US eps, Matt Treyvaud
> :> <cth...@ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au> uttered the following words of wisdom:
>

> :Call me an unrestrained arsewit if you like, but I thought that the

> :cockroaches weren't actually the killers - they were just the explorers.
> :That is, the haemmorhage was really a haemmorhage, the drug addict really
> :died of self-inflicted wounds and not of terminal cockroach invasion, etc.
> :In the end I thought the roaches were found to just be alien devices of
> :exploration who happened to be at death scenes a lot - but then, they
> :were -everywhere- a lot so that doesn't worry me as being too implausible.
>

> There was no haemmorage named. There was a case of anaphylactic(sp?)
> shock, a brain anurism(sp?) a heart attack and death by incineration
> in addition to egg-bomb syndrome.

Okay, okay. It was an aneurism that killed him. But wasn't that bloodshot
eye evidence of a haemmorhage as a side-effect to the aneurism? Or have I
been mis-assimilating my ER jargon? :)

Matt-5

___ Matt Treyvaud, Defier of Iok-Sotot;
/\ /\ E-mail: cth...@ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au
\_\ /_/ URL: http://ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au/~cthulhu
\ /
))|(| "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness
(/ ( )\ of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth
( ) )| ) below, OR THAT IS IN THE WATER UNDER THE EARTH." - Ex. 20:4

Matt Treyvaud

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
On Tue, 26 Mar 1996, Ralph the Wonder Llama wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Mar 1996 16:15:17 +1100, while discussing Re: War of the Coprophages
> (Definite Spoilers) was: Re: US eps, Matt Treyvaud
> <cth...@ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au> uttered the following words of wisdom:
>

> [Scully's explanations]

> > But the problem was, in each case they explained the event better than
> > anything Mulder could have thought up. Normally, yeah, Scully is
> > clutching at straws, but in WotC everything she said made more sense than
> > Mulder's theories and Mulder knew it. That also explains why she kept
> > suggesting them.
>
> So it was plausible that a professional exterminator was allergic to
> cockroaches?

It's plausible that he developed an allergy, yes, or that a new strain of
cockroaches was introduced by Bambi - harmless as usual, but different
enough from the local ones for him to be allergic to them.

> > > The Bambi thing had great humour potential, and was probably the
> > > episodes saving grace. Without it I would have come up with a thumbs down
> > > rating for my page instead of giving it one llama.
>
> > I'd have to give WotC at least 4 out of 5 myself. But again each to his own.
>
> Fair enough. I guess it's part of the shows appeal that it can be so diverse
> that I hate one that you love. In the same way I love Darkness Falls, but
> recently I mentioned it to someone who told me they thought it was stupid.

Darkness Falls was all right, IMHO, but I thought the ending was a bit of
a cop-out.

> > Call me an unrestrained arsewit if you like, but I thought that the
> > cockroaches weren't actually the killers - they were just the explorers.
> > That is, the haemmorhage was really a haemmorhage, the drug addict really
> > died of self-inflicted wounds and not of terminal cockroach invasion, etc.
> > In the end I thought the roaches were found to just be alien devices of
> > exploration who happened to be at death scenes a lot - but then, they
> > were -everywhere- a lot so that doesn't worry me as being too implausible.
>
> Yes, they were definately the cause of death, otherwise why did they swarm over
> all the victims ?

Perhaps...
1) They were programmed to swarm over every new stationary fixture (eg a
newly-dead body) they encountered.
2) They somehow sensed that the people had gone from alive people to dead
people, and it was in their programming to investigate this.

> > The Cockroach method of exploration is only really suitable when all you
> > want to do is look around. Cockroaches don't have much in the way of
> > manipulatory appendages. So I suggest that:
> > 1) The cockroaches come from a different planet than the DNAliens; a
> > planet which is interested only in observing earth wheras the DNAliens
> > are/were interested in interacting with it.
> > 2) The DNAliens are/were renegades from even their own planet - maybe
> > escaped criminals or something. The Cockroaches were sent to find them,
> > or they were from another planet as before.
> > 3) Perhaps it's a psychology thing. The Cockroaches again are from a
> > different planet from the DNAliens; the DNAliens are on earth because
> > they live on an extremely distant planet, with which communication is
> > rather inconvient, and because they don't trust any AI they could create
> > to negotiate with Earth (for human abductees, space to set up colonies,
> > whatever) for them.
>
> I like DD's theory, that the reason so many people claim to be abducted and
> rectally examined is that they are really alien sex offenders on the run from
> thier own law.

I like the theory that that's actually how aliens greet each other, and
they're very perplexed that we humans aren't being as polite to them as
they are to us.

> > Basically all that is required is two groups of aliens, one wanting to
> > scan from a distance, and one wanting to get more involved.
>
> I thought of that - it just didn't wash with me. I suspect at this point we
> must agree to differ on this one episode.

No, no, no! It's 'agree to -disagree-!' How am I supposed to make the "I
don't agree to that" joke if you say 'agree to differ'?
I ask you...

> Ralph the Wonder Llama

Matt-5

______ | -----
\ / St. Matt Treyvaud - Grand Chaotician. | -- --
-\()/- cth...@ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au | -- --
\/ http://ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au/~cthulhu | -- --
<()> | -- --
-------- "No tears to cry, no feeling left; | -- --
This species has amused itself to death." - Roger Waters | 23
_______________________________________________________________________|_______

Ralph the Wonder Llama

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
On Wed, 27 Mar 1996 13:22:39 +1100, while discussing Re: War of the Coprophages

(Definite Spoilers) was: Re: US eps, Matt Treyvaud
<cth...@ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au> uttered the following words of wisdom:

> > So it was plausible that a professional exterminator was allergic to
> > cockroaches?

> It's plausible that he developed an allergy, yes, or that a new strain of
> cockroaches was introduced by Bambi - harmless as usual, but different
> enough from the local ones for him to be allergic to them.

The second one I'll have to give you.

> Darkness Falls was all right, IMHO, but I thought the ending was a bit of
> a cop-out.

I agree the end and the fact they didn't just light a fire made it weaker but
the central story was good none the less.

> > Yes, they were definately the cause of death, otherwise why did they swarm
over
> > all the victims ?

> Perhaps...
> 1) They were programmed to swarm over every new stationary fixture (eg a
> newly-dead body) they encountered.

They swarmed over people while they were still alive.

> 2) They somehow sensed that the people had gone from alive people to dead
> people, and it was in their programming to investigate this.

See above.

> > I like DD's theory, that the reason so many people claim to be abducted and
> > rectally examined is that they are really alien sex offenders on the run
from
> > thier own law.

> I like the theory that that's actually how aliens greet each other, and
> they're very perplexed that we humans aren't being as polite to them as
> they are to us.

ROTFL - I hadn't heard that one.

> > > Basically all that is required is two groups of aliens, one wanting to
> > > scan from a distance, and one wanting to get more involved.
> >
> > I thought of that - it just didn't wash with me. I suspect at this point we
> > must agree to differ on this one episode.

> No, no, no! It's 'agree to -disagree-!' How am I supposed to make the "I
> don't agree to that" joke if you say 'agree to differ'?
> I ask you...

How about we just agree to disagree then ?

Ralph the Wonder Llama

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
On Wed, 27 Mar 1996 13:22:39 +1100, while discussing Re: War of the Coprophages

(Definite Spoilers) was: Re: US eps, Matt Treyvaud
<cth...@ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au> uttered the following words of wisdom:

Having had my whinge I did just watch it a second time and it definately got
better with age. Certainly it beats eps like Space, or Ghost in the Machine, or
even 3, which I didn't think much of ( maybe just because Scully wasn't in it !!
)

Matt Treyvaud

Mar 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/28/96
On Wed, 27 Mar 1996, Ralph the Wonder Llama wrote:

> > Perhaps...
> > 1) They were programmed to swarm over every new stationary fixture (eg a
> > newly-dead body) they encountered.
>

> They swarmed over people while they were still alive.
>

> > 2) They somehow sensed that the people had gone from alive people to dead
> > people, and it was in their programming to investigate this.
> >

> See above.

Okay, they just generally swarmed and people happened to be in the way?

> > I like the theory that that's actually how aliens greet each other, and
> > they're very perplexed that we humans aren't being as polite to them as
> > they are to us.
> >

> ROTFL - I hadn't heard that one.

That's because it's in my novel which will never be finished. :)

> > No, no, no! It's 'agree to -disagree-!' How am I supposed to make the "I
> > don't agree to that" joke if you say 'agree to differ'?
> > I ask you...
>

> How about we just agree to disagree then ?

I don't agree to that. (Contended sigh)

> Lost: Ralph the Wonder Llama was reported o o **
> Any donations gratefully accepted. || " :: :: (**)

Look, food for the Llama. Okay, it's only asterisks, but beggars can't be
choosers.

Ralph the Wonder Llama

Mar 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/28/96
On Thu, 28 Mar 1996 12:00:22 +1100, while discussing Re: War of the Coprophages

(Definite Spoilers) was: Re: US eps, Matt Treyvaud
<cth...@ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au> uttered the following words of wisdom:

> On Wed, 27 Mar 1996, Ralph the Wonder Llama wrote:

> > > Perhaps...
> > > 1) They were programmed to swarm over every new stationary fixture (eg a
> > > newly-dead body) they encountered.
> >

> > They swarmed over people while they were still alive.
> >

> > > 2) They somehow sensed that the people had gone from alive people to dead
> > > people, and it was in their programming to investigate this.
> > >

> > See above.

> Okay, they just generally swarmed and people happened to be in the way?

Just happened to die ? How was the guy allergic to them if they were not really
cockroaches, and just made of common metals ?

> > > No, no, no! It's 'agree to -disagree-!' How am I supposed to make the "I
> > > don't agree to that" joke if you say 'agree to differ'?
> > > I ask you...
> >

> > How about we just agree to disagree then ?

> I don't agree to that. (Contended sigh)

> > Lost: Ralph the Wonder Llama was reported o o **
> > Any donations gratefully accepted. || " :: :: (**)

> Look, food for the Llama. Okay, it's only asterisks, but beggars can't be
> choosers.

<chomp, chomp, chomp>

Matt Treyvaud

Mar 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/29/96
On Thu, 28 Mar 1996, Ralph the Wonder Llama wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Mar 1996 12:00:22 +1100, while discussing Re: War of the Coprophages

> (Definite Spoilers) was: Re: US eps, Matt Treyvaud
> <cth...@ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au> uttered the following words of wisdom:
>

> > Okay, they just generally swarmed and people happened to be in the way?
>
> Just happened to die ? How was the guy allergic to them if they were not really
> cockroaches, and just made of common metals ?

But were the cockroaches that actually killed him analysed? I don't
remember exactly, but I don't think so. So we have imported allergenic
cockroaches -and- alien robot cockroaches running around separately.
Sounds cool to me.

Okay, it's starting to get ridiculous, but that's the kind of episode it was.

> Lost: Ralph the Wonder Llama was reported o o

Matt-5
Author-in-progress of "The X-Files: Swimsuit Edition"

Lyndal Cairns

Mar 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/29/96
>Ralph the Wonder Llama wrote:
>>Gene uttered the following words of wisdom:

>>>Ralph the Wonder Llama wrote:

>> >on. I'm sick of Star Trek, Voyager especially, I've never watched Babylon V,
>> ^^^^^^^^^

>> Wow, pray tell, how you can be sick of a show that hasn't aired yet?

>Well, two ways. One is to BUY the videos, the other is to get someone in the US
>to TAPE the episodes.

Or you could *hire* the videos (preferably not in one go, so that you can
enjoy watching Robert Picardo in that terribly tight jumpsuit as much as
possible...).

BTW Ralph, you don't happen to have a totally pointless homepage, do you?

Slurpee,
bOb (that can't believe that s/he just read through most of Aus.tv,
then realised that s/he was in the wrong ng :) )

--

LYNDALCAIRN CAIRNSLYNDA
'LCA, ,RNS'

Ralph the Wonder Llama

Mar 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/30/96
On Fri, 29 Mar 96 20:54:15 +1000, while discussing Re: US eps,
lyn...@mtpost.apana.org.au (Lyndal Cairns) uttered the following words of
wisdom:

> >Ralph the Wonder Llama wrote:
> >>Gene uttered the following words of wisdom:

V,
> >> ^^^^^^^^^

> >> Wow, pray tell, how you can be sick of a show that hasn't aired yet?

> >Well, two ways. One is to BUY the videos, the other is to get someone in the
US
> >to TAPE the episodes.

> Or you could *hire* the videos (preferably not in one go, so that you can
> enjoy watching Robert Picardo in that terribly tight jumpsuit as much as
> possible...).

I forgot that option.

> BTW Ralph, you don't happen to have a totally pointless homepage, do you?

Yes, I have two in fact.

How did you guess ?

(\.,./)

Lost: Ralph the Wonder Llama was reported o o

Ralph the Wonder Llama

Mar 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/31/96
On Fri, 29 Mar 1996 12:01:29 +1100, while discussing Re: War of the Coprophages

(Definite Spoilers) was: Re: US eps, Matt Treyvaud
<cth...@ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au> uttered the following words of wisdom:

> Okay, it's starting to get ridiculous, but that's the kind of episode it was.

My point in the first place.

Matt Treyvaud

Apr 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/1/96
On Sun, 31 Mar 1996, Ralph the Wonder Llama wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Mar 1996 12:01:29 +1100, while discussing Re: War of the Coprophages

> (Definite Spoilers) was: Re: US eps, Matt Treyvaud
> <cth...@ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au> uttered the following words of wisdom:
>

> > Okay, it's starting to get ridiculous, but that's the kind of episode it was.
>
> My point in the first place.

I think we've found the root of the problem. I like ridiculous (in
moderation), and you don't. :)

Matt-5

Ralph the Wonder Llama

Apr 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/1/96
On Mon, 1 Apr 1996 09:34:44 +1000, while discussing Re: War of the Coprophages

(Definite Spoilers) was: Re: US eps, Matt Treyvaud
<cth...@ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au> uttered the following words of wisdom:

> I think we've found the root of the problem. I like ridiculous (in

> moderation), and you don't. :)

Not at all - I LOVE Monty Python - how ridiculous can you get ?

Lyndal Cairns

Apr 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/1/96
>Ralph the Wonder Llama writes:
>>Lyndal Cairns uttered the following words of wisdom:

>> Or you could *hire* the videos (preferably not in one go, so that you can
>> enjoy watching Robert Picardo in that terribly tight jumpsuit as much as
>> possible...).

>I forgot that option.

Well, that just killed the thread, didn't it? :).

>> BTW Ralph, you don't happen to have a totally pointless homepage, do you?

>Yes, I have two in fact.

>How did you guess ?

Well, I typed Sheryl Crow into Webcrawler, then noticed a Wonder Llama page.

I counted the number of Wonder Llama's that I knew, and came up with a
grand total of one, so thought that I would check it out.

Happy Easter,
bOb

--

ooooooooo
ooooooo oooooo
oooo oooo
ooo ooo
oo oo
oo I will be away from my mailbox from oo
o Friday, the 5th April, until Sunday o
o the 21st. Anyone needing me o
o urgently, please call o
oo (07) 3349 5676. oo
oo oo
ooo ooo
oooo oooo
ooooooo ooooooo
oooooooo
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _
|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_ |_| |_ | |_ |_|

Matt Treyvaud

Apr 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/2/96
On Mon, 1 Apr 1996, Ralph the Wonder Llama wrote:

> On Mon, 1 Apr 1996 09:34:44 +1000, while discussing Re: War of the Coprophages

> (Definite Spoilers) was: Re: US eps, Matt Treyvaud
> <cth...@ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au> uttered the following words of wisdom:
>

> > I think we've found the root of the problem. I like ridiculous (in
> > moderation), and you don't. :)
>
> Not at all - I LOVE Monty Python - how ridiculous can you get ?

cf: Dharma Bum.

No, sorry, that was uncalled for. But heck, it gets done to Adam Dodd,
and he's a far more coherent arguer - if not a more plausible one.[1]

I should probably have said: specifically, you don't like ridiculous
X-Files, and I do (in moderation).

> Lost: Ralph the Wonder Llama was reported o o

Slurp,
Matt-5

Matt Treyvaud

Apr 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/2/96
On Tue, 2 Apr 1996, Matt Treyvaud wrote:

> No, sorry, that was uncalled for. But heck, it gets done to Adam Dodd,
> and he's a far more coherent arguer - if not a more plausible one.[1]

Whoops, forgot to put the footnote in. It was:

[1] Neither, of course, is he less plausible, nothing is true, nothing is
even probable, yada yada yada.

Kellie Flanagan

Apr 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/3/96
rja...@cleo.murdoch.edu.au (Rick Jakins / SPeCTRa) wrote:

>There was no haemmorage named. There was a case of anaphylactic(sp?)
>shock, a brain anurism(sp?) a heart attack and death by incineration
>in addition to egg-bomb syndrome.

I had a mini-nitpick with Scully's anaphylactic shock thingy. Remember
how she had to think for a second to get the phrase out? It could have
been that GA was having trouble remembering the phrase, but if it was
really Scully trying to think of what the condition is called, that
was a real blunder. Anaphylactic shock is any kind of violent allergic
reaction to any allergenic substance in which death could result if
not treated immediately. The impression one got from Scully's
diagnosis was that it was only gettable from insects, and that it was
so obscure she had to dig around in her brain for the terminology; in
fact anaphylaxis is fairly common (everyone knows at least *one*
person that puffs up when they come into contact with a food or
substance they're allergic to)

That aside, I *loved* WotC; brilliant Morganesque writing from
(funnily enough) Darin Morgan, loved Scully trying to get into her
weekend off by fobbing Mulder off with wordy scientific diagnoses.
Loved the "what are you wearing" line. Loved the flirting thing with
Bambi, loved Scully all jealous, loved the "Breakfast at Tiffany's"
in-joke. I have a copy of the movie waiting to be watched :]

I haven't laughed so loud and long in a very longylongylong time. Have
decided it almost surpassed Humbug as my most favourite xf ep.

Yeah!

Cheerz,

Kellie

Kellie Flanagan
BA GradDipA (Tour) AIB DDEB O+ O-
@--'-,--al...@netspace.net.au --,-'--@
She caught your eye like one of those pointy hook latches that used to
dangle from screen doors and would fly up whenever you
banged the door open again

Ralph the Wonder Llama

Apr 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/4/96
On Mon, 1 Apr 96 17:35:50 +1000, while discussing Re: US eps,
lyn...@mtpost.apana.org.au (Lyndal Cairns) uttered the following words of
wisdom:

> >> BTW Ralph, you don't happen to have a totally pointless homepage, do you?

> >Yes, I have two in fact.

> >How did you guess ?

> Well, I typed Sheryl Crow into Webcrawler, then noticed a Wonder Llama page.

> I counted the number of Wonder Llama's that I knew, and came up with a
> grand total of one, so thought that I would check it out.

Strangely, my RtWL page is not yet published, so you must have seen someone
elses.

(\.,./)

Lost: Ralph the Wonder Llama was reported o o

sharon

Apr 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/14/96
to al...@netspace.net.au
hey!....
Someone else did get the whole humour thing!!! Would you believe every
one I've talked to ( in person ) only picked up on the cockroach running
across the screen and thought that apart from that it was " a pretty
standard episode " !!!!
Personally I rate it above Humbug ( only slightly ) and that one with
the funny psychic guy Mr. Bruckmann...
I am so happy now that I found someone who agrees with me... :-)

Matt Treyvaud

Apr 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/15/96
On Thu, 4 Apr 1996, Ralph the Wonder Llama wrote:

> On Mon, 1 Apr 96 17:35:50 +1000, while discussing Re: US eps,
> lyn...@mtpost.apana.org.au (Lyndal Cairns) uttered the following words of
> wisdom:
>

> > I counted the number of Wonder Llama's that I knew, and came up with a
> > grand total of one, so thought that I would check it out.
>
> Strangely, my RtWL page is not yet published, so you must have seen someone
> elses.

I believe that Ralph the Wonder Llama is a deity of some sort to FOUL, a
'social club' here at Melbourne Uni. As I understand it they are waiting
for his second come(t)ing. So perhaps 'twas a FOULy's page. Or maybe
Lyndal was seeing through time. As a Warren Belcher I have to say I
favour the second explanation..

> Lost: Ralph the Wonder Llama was reported o o

Matt-5

Lyndal Cairns

Apr 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/19/96

>> >Yes, I have two in fact.

>> >How did you guess ?

>> Well, I typed Sheryl Crow into Webcrawler, then noticed a Wonder Llama page.

>> I counted the number of Wonder Llama's that I knew, and came up with a

>> grand total of one, so thought that I would check it out.

>Strangely, my RtWL page is not yet published, so you must have seen someone
>elses.

Wow! Two Wonder Llamas!

Slurpee,
XXX (gets an AKA and changes her name...)

--

LYNDALCAIRN CAIRNSLYNDA
'LCA, ,RNS'
'LYN LYN' --== lyn...@mtpost.apana.org.au ==--
DAL, ,NDA
_ _ _ 'LCA, ,LYN' _ _ _ _ _ __
I_I I\ I 'DALCA' ____ I_I I__I I I I_ like no other. See for
I I I \I IRN I I I I I__ I__ yourself on aus.tv.x-files

,SLYND, _________________________________________
,ALC' 'NSL, | |
YND' 'SLY | "Thankfully, I had a spare Steve stashed |
,NDA NDA, | in the filing cabinet to get me home." |
,LCA' 'RNS, | - Concentration |
LYNDAL::SIG BYINTENSITY |__________________________________________|

Kenneth Alexander Finlayson

Apr 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/22/96
>On Thu, 4 Apr 1996, Ralph the Wonder Llama wrote:

>> Strangely, my RtWL page is not yet published, so you must have seen someone
>> elses.

Ah, but you have been waving it around, no? At least, I got the impresion that
Annette had seen it (she mentioned it at the first Sydney Social gathering)
and said that you had links rated from 1 to 5 llamas...is this yours?

(you are entering the TANoid zone)

And then Matt Treyvaud <cth...@ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au> said:

>Or maybe
>Lyndal was seeing through time. As a Warren Belcher I have to say I
>favour the second explanation..

If you ask me, that sounds too pedestrian to be a Warren Belcher theory.
*I* suspect the 80 missing gorillas had something to do with it...

Cheers, Ken
--
Truth: the gospel of nothing

val.ho...@gmail.com

Nov 10, 2016, 11:04:28 PM11/10/16
Wow, was just looking up scully's egg bomb syndrome thing and found this 20 year old thread about x files. Loved reading through it as I watch every episode back to back for probably the tenth time thanks to Netflix. I feel like I traveled back in time reading this, especially the part about the $1,000 video recorder lol. Hope you are all still x files loving people!

Sally LOve

Nov 12, 2016, 4:17:54 PM11/12/16