Chello download speed

Rudolf Thiele

Oct 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/6/00
Just thought I let everyone know that I am currently getting a 0.6 k/sec
download speed for a 1354k file from the adaptec site using chello's
broad band. Do you think that is acceptable. You cant imagine how long
it took me to download the headers from this news group.

Rudolf Thiele

Oct 6, 2000, 5:30:48 PM10/6/00
I just downloaded the same file using my 56k modem connection with bigpond
and got a download speed of 3.9k/sec.

I had to write this message using my bigpond account as the Chello broad
band is not functioning. Are there any other Chello users that are having
problems? Particularly in the Albury area.

Knightman

Oct 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/7/00
Whats the diff between austar net and chello??

Chello isnt available in nowra but asutar net is , has any one used that if
so
whats it like compared to a normal isp provider thanks

Jason

Peter Tonkin

Oct 7, 2000, 10:35:52 AM10/7/00
Austarnet is your standard modem connection to the net.
Chello is a modem connection to upload and a microwave receiver connection
for downloads. You need a microwave transponder in your area and line of
sight to that transponder to receive the chello service.

Pete

Knightman <ja...@shoal.net.au> wrote in message

news.shoal.net.au

Oct 14, 2000, 3:14:34 AM10/14/00
Jason,

Chello is crap, don't bother with it. Chello is a wireless connection using
a receiver on your roof. Austar net is a dial-up service the same as your
using but apparently pretty poor. Hand out for ADSL :)

Cya

Adam Cranney

Oct 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/14/00
adsl
yeah, when the finally decide to get it out to the masses.
Let see, Newcastle is one of the largest cities in Australia, but when do we
get it
hmm
after places like Byron Bay, Wollongong and lots and lots of other places.
And i live a bit out of newcastle, when will i see broadband, hmmm

what was the predicted year for man to live on mars???

"news.shoal.net.au" <pet...@shoal.net.au> wrote in message

ant

Oct 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/14/00

Adam Cranney wrote in message
<39e83527$0$11612$7f31...@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au>...

>adsl
>yeah, when the finally decide to get it out to the masses.
>Let see, Newcastle is one of the largest cities in Australia, but when do
we
>get it
>hmm
>after places like Byron Bay, Wollongong and lots and lots of other places.
>And i live a bit out of newcastle, when will i see broadband, hmmm

i live in wollongong and according to telstras press releases it should be
available here now, not here yet, seems that it was more a glossy Press
release then an actual statement of intent.

ant

Fred Davis

Oct 14, 2000, 10:40:15 PM10/14/00
In article <39DDC9B8...@chello.com.au>,

Rudolf Thiele <rudolf...@chello.com.au> wrote:
> Just thought I let everyone know that I am currently getting a 0.6
k/sec
> download speed for a 1354k file from the adaptec site using chello's
> broad band. Do you think that is acceptable. You cant imagine how long
> it took me to download the headers from this news group.

I have had Chello for about 3 weeks, sure they are having some teething
troubles, but every ISP I've ever been with has downtimes.

How fast is at? well, I use the download manager NetVampire, as a test I
set it up to download 19 mp3's with a total of 90mb, then I set them all
to download at the same time, it downloaded the whole 90mb in 1 minute &
50seconds!!! is that fast enough? you bet it is!

I'm sticking with Chello, 90mb in under 2 minutes is fast enough for me.

Fred

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Adam Cranney

Oct 15, 2000, 1:15:47 AM10/15/00
where abouts do you live???

thats the kind off download speed i need :-)

"Fred Davis" <Fred_...@bigfoot.com> wrote in message

Klint Gore

Oct 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/15/00
In article <8sd8uo$148q$1...@corolla.OntheNet.com.au>, lindsay...@start.com.au
says...

>I'm on Austarnet because it's cheap when bundled with pay-tv subscription.
>It's fine if you're on at a quiet time of day but it's incredibly slow at
>peak times. (Toowoomba dial-up).
>I was going to try Chello off the satellite when it becomes available (last
>time I checked it was only via wireless receiver here & our street is out of
>line-of-sight.)

As of 2 weeks ago, the austarnet CSR told me that it had gone from "6 months to
a year" that they had said previously to "no known date". dont wait for it
unless it's your only choice.

klint.

--
+---------------------------------------+-----------------+
: Klint Gore : "Non rhyming :

Lindsay Martin

Oct 15, 2000, 5:51:02 PM10/15/00

"Buddy" <nath...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Actually I get good service from Austarnet. Yes it is a conventional
> dial-up service, but I've been pleasently surprised with it's performance
> and I've been with it for 4 months.

Peter C

Oct 16, 2000, 9:25:14 PM10/16/00

Chello is good for downloading large files because there aren't as many
requests made. But when viewing webpages I found my dial-in connection
faster then the chello service. It seems that when heaps of requests are
made such as downloading every little file to view a webpage it's just crap.
Try pinging altavista or some other sites and watch the packet loss. It may
just be my experience with it but I'm a web tech and it didn't impress me
much.

The way they get the good speed is byt using a large proxy server I think
they use Opus's proxy but I'm not completly sure. So if you download
something popular you will get incrediable speeds but if youe like me and
stray from the boring large corp websites you will probably find it's really
shit.

If you have the Chello service make sure you get Download Accelerator
www.speedbit.com as it rips files down. You'll get about 300k/s from a
pretty good server :)

One other thingg is that the decoder card they put in your computer slows
the computer down to shit so if your a big gamer stay away from the service.
I had to take the card out so I could play Grand Prix 3 with decent
playabilty and that's on an Athlon 500 with Vodoo 3 card. I know its a
pretty processor hungry game but I went from alright playablity with
graphics turned right down with the decoder card in, to perfectly smooth
gameplay with half detail on when I took the card out.
Probab;y won't affect you lucjy bastards out there with 1Gig plus machines.

Anyway hope I haven't pissed anyone off.

Cya

Pete

Knightman

Oct 16, 2000, 8:47:18 PM10/16/00
Dont expect nowra nsw to get it for some time
I just enquired about it and they said not till next year
They dont even have a nowra local number for ausnet yet.
Oh well.
Knightman

Adam Cranney wrote:

> adsl
> yeah, when the finally decide to get it out to the masses.
> Let see, Newcastle is one of the largest cities in Australia, but when do we
> get it
> hmm
> after places like Byron Bay, Wollongong and lots and lots of other places.
> And i live a bit out of newcastle, when will i see broadband, hmmm
>

> what was the predicted year for man to live on mars???

dodgy...@gmail.com

Oct 9, 2014, 9:59:50 AM10/9/14
Just troth I'd let u's all no I am chello the disinter n introducer of chellos and austar ot the would all so chellos was the first doradband in the would n sum 1stoal it off me n to the mouth if u new aney thing u can run it with a program could mem it will allow u to download a 2 Howa download in 20 sek but mouth is 2stupud to no that aaaaaA

dodgy...@gmail.com

Oct 9, 2014, 10:22:07 AM10/9/14
That is good 2no thanks 4good cridasism I'm purity shore that it was abull to scan aney saver but I lost my memory n went off track 4afue years my sekyartary leasa got greedy I am Stephen j chellingsworth I will hav it all back on track soon if I don't fu---n 4get agen
Message has been deleted

Stephen James Chellingsworth

Aug 16, 2015, 11:08:22 AM8/16/15
Hi evey 1

Stephen James Chellingsworth

Oct 29, 2016, 7:06:06 PM10/29/16
U r rong dickhead chello net is the hole internet thees days n u will no longer babull to get aney of it fool chello is the biggest n most sucksesfull company in the would n u r a harff wite if u new aney thing youed no that and get this .....
..

sjchellin...@gmail.com

Apr 1, 2017, 2:41:23 PM4/1/17
Stephen James Chellingsworth I am in deed chello & all new xyz.chello.all
Domains.and I will say to the louser Jason what r u from fored to steeling oughter peoples companys to fucking kids & fording wemon to have sex with u wonta be what u jales because I'm better then u lol ""I herd u like u take it from houses.n your dady raped u when u ware a kid n u like it .but douse that meen its throu ""u r a joke lol.lol.nay.nay .lollollol.I think u shood be on rebit.com

sjchel...@gmail.com

Apr 10, 2017, 3:15:19 AM4/10/17
Y do u.s think it.s not avalubull with satalite what do u think your set top is its a painteum computer with satalite connection n WiFi with a router n fiberoptic hard wired u.s shood really learn to use your trancever units onstley n wile u.s r there cheek out xyzchellonetalldomaines

schelling...@gmail.com

May 7, 2017, 5:31:10 PM5/7/17
I need my alert deposit in my account I have stated o and abet 1trying to sal my comperny in abet way shape or form expect to get fucked up I mean as in xyz I am the sole oner of my comperny globaly and that's Evey devishon from internet to mineing 2billing to wepines developmentto sucurety compernys all deveshons of my comperny partylimited and to u fouls Ho think you have aney rite to change my shit u r rong and thare r inditments 4u all and as for Kate or kataleena or katreena and this nic and Angy go fuck yourself dingos suck my fucking dick u have no athorty to nomanate sumone alces account nor do u even work for me and you Ho do not take notice of me your sacked fuck off dickheads
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

schelling...@gmail.com

Jan 20, 2018, 12:01:32 AM1/20/18
I need to contacked finence about trust acc accses and who you.s have been giveing my money to and i have never given aney 1power of aterney of aney of my accounts or comperny nor have i sold aney of it or have i ever given aney one the rite to sale aney of my assets boats cars plaines.persinal propertys pubs clubs nunthing i sugest you.s sort it out now manegment i takeing over globaly .
Message has been deleted