Back into Pokking...

Rod Outback

Dec 16, 2015, 9:32:17 PM12/16/15
After about a month off, I have commenced the sunset Hoppy-pokk sessions.
Not sure why I had stopped doing them; I think it was because the elder
brother was also doing sunset Hoppy-pokks while he was here, and I had found
that his expenditure of ammo for crap-all results to be rather annoying.
Especially when I KNEW the 7mm is exceedingly accurate!!
Last night, I just had a light pokk with the 7mm-08, and had around 10 on
the ground by dark.

I'd forgotten just how satisfying the 7mm is; one Pokk-Hoppy stopped around
150 metres, and glared at me until his chest exploded. Many Pokk-Hoppys'
thought they were far enough away, and found they had made a slight tactical
error at that point.

I shall have to load up some more 120Gn V-Max's for the 7mm, as they are
about the best load for that rifle.

I shall also have to spend some time over the Christmas break; loading up
some 110Gn V-max's into the .308. They should percolate through a
Pokk-Hoppy chest rather nicely; I expect!
Given the 130Gn Federal Vital-Shoks are departing at 3050fps, I expect the
110Gn V-Max's should be good for 3150 or better...

Nothing nicer than placing the crosshair on a Pokk-Hoppy, squeezing the
trigger, and hearing a loud 'POKK!!!' above the gunshot. Even before you
regain the sight picture, you know he isnt going anywhere...

Looking at them, they all have tails that are just skin stretched over the
tailbones. The health of them can be judged by the thickness of the tail,
and these guys all had nothing beyond skin & bones.
I think I was doing them a favour...

Still continues the epic Bleak outside; NOTHING good to be said about 2015
for us. About the only good thing is that we survived it, but then I realise
that the Phukup Fairy still has a fortnight to work her magic...

-------

Cheers,

Rod...Out Back

-------
Founding Member of Corbey-Pokkers International,
Senior Member of Bunny-Pokkers of the Pacific,
Active Member of Puddy-Pokkers Anonymous,
Paid-Up Member of Hoppy-Pokkers Oztraleya
Occasional Guest Member of Porkey-Pokkers Queensland,
and
Unwilling disciple of the Phukup Fairy.

----------------------

Lindsay

Dec 19, 2015, 11:38:55 PM12/19/15
heh, I reckon I've just gone through the worst year as well...

Seem *any* cats lately? I reckon we should all put in, raid a couple of
pet shops, and posts the results to ya :-D A box of pussy for Xmas.. :-D

Keep pokking the hoppers.. gee their hot or cold at my joint.. one
minute theres 100's of the bloody things, and next, zip. none. bastards..

Seasons greets to you Rod, and may next year make up for this one.
(oh and your song's a pisser.. :) )

Regards

lindsay

Rod Outback

Dec 20, 2015, 5:11:55 AM12/20/15
Thanks, Lindsay; that song took a LOT of work, but Corbey did most of the
work for me...

Yeah; Christmas wishes to you as well. It's not going to be a very nice one
here, for a range of reasons, but I should be able to pokk a few more
Hoppy's each day to spread the cheer...

Cheers,

Rod.