Steel Vs Fiberglass

Peter

Mar 18, 2009, 5:47:10 AM3/18/09
Hi all,

I'm considering a keel boat around the 35-40ft mark.

I can see advantages for both, but would be interested to hear others
opinions on steel versus fiberglass construction.

Thanks,
Pete.

brucef

Mar 24, 2009, 12:58:35 AM3/24/09

I would think that price would be a major consideration. If you are
buying second hand then you get a lot more steel boat for your dollar.
If you are buying new then I guess glass is a better buy in terms of
depreciation.

That is a lot more boat than I will ever want to handle.