Calling QCCCC members and wannabees.

alvey

Feb 6, 2009, 1:33:32 PM2/6/09
In another thread in a galaxy far, far ago.. LT saideth;

"I just made another 180 bux..."

I'se been thinking (and profiting) about the cricket recently, esp the
wacky odds that Betfair have been offering.... Anyone interested in forming
a Betting Syndicate?

alvey

David Male

Feb 6, 2009, 4:00:42 PM2/6/09
On Sat, 7 Feb 2009 04:33:32 +1000, alvey <al...@play.com> wrote:

>a Betting Syndicate?

put me in for 2 bob...

MonoJoker

Feb 6, 2009, 6:02:47 PM2/6/09
"alvey" <al...@play.com> wrote in message

Always interested in having a chat about odds and getting others' opinions
on good value bets. Betfair and Sportsbet offer a wide variety of options
these days so count me in.

Cheers
LT.

Cicero

Feb 6, 2009, 7:42:18 PM2/6/09

"MonoJoker" <monos...@bigjobs.net> wrote in message

Count me in. If I bet on the Dapto dogs, cricket is another certainty for
losing money.

Here's Johnny

Feb 6, 2009, 8:16:30 PM2/6/09

"alvey" <al...@play.com> wrote in message

What about non-card holders?

And is LT going to be the picker?

David Male

Feb 6, 2009, 8:30:15 PM2/6/09
On Sat, 07 Feb 2009 00:42:18 GMT, "Cicero" <Som...@microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Count me in. If I bet on the Dapto dogs,

Still doing that??? Its enough to make one chew off your own
foot...

kenh...@hotmail.com

Feb 7, 2009, 5:32:28 AM2/7/09

Why am I not surprised that 'Johhny' is yet another iinet user from
Brisbane?

Higgs

Cicero

Feb 7, 2009, 5:57:54 AM2/7/09

<kenh...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Higgs

Sometimes you can be too clever.

I don't think you need worry about that.

Here's Johnny

Feb 7, 2009, 8:12:23 AM2/7/09

<kenh...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Higgs

Life's too short, "Ken"...

Plonk.

kenh...@hotmail.com

Feb 7, 2009, 8:27:26 AM2/7/09
On Feb 7, 9:57 pm, "Cicero" <Some...@microsoft.com> wrote:
> <kenhig...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Not in this case, Tezza.

I'm aware that you can diddle IP monikers, and that some posters go to
inordinate lengths to protect their identities, sometimes with good
reason.
But the bald facts are that the vast majority of the trolls/blow in
posters appear to have iinet accounts, located in Brisbane.
No big deal, if this is how these people want to spend their time.
Of course, it does provoke other posters to look at IP addresses when
these same iinet users from Brisbane wage one of their periodic purges
against a poster or two who they suspect of being someone else.

Doesn't it strike you as the teensiest bit suspicious that here on
asrl, the traditional quiet season, 'John Heath', an iinet user from
Brisbane, seems to be attracting some flak over his less than savoury
comments, and all of a sudden, several other iinet users from Brisbane
make unexpected appearances on this group?

> I don't think you need worry about that.-

Quite obviously.
These people are mental pygmies

Higgs

kenh...@hotmail.com

Feb 7, 2009, 8:35:40 AM2/7/09
On Feb 8, 12:12 am, "Here's Johnny" <r...@tattat.net> wrote:
> <kenhig...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Plonk.-

Oh no!
I'm, crushed, Rob, errr, I mean Johnny,
Really.
I am.

Here you are, having made all of, what, 6 posts in your short
existence on asrl and asc (well, I am surprised at that choice of
groups!), not one as yet connected with any discussion of either
sport, and you've already plonked two people.

Here's a thought for you:
Why not sign on under a different name and plonk everyone *before* you
post anything at all, then you wont have to read anything anyone has
to say, nor any replies that come your way?

Or is that not how it works?

Higgs

Qu0ll

Feb 7, 2009, 2:27:43 PM2/7/09
"Here's Johnny" <r...@tattat.net> wrote in message

> Life's too short, "Ken"...
>
> Plonk.

Be careful Slippery Johnbro... if you plonk everyone you won't have anyone
to argue with or abuse.

--
And loving it,

-Qu0ll (Rare, not extinct)
Qu0llS...@gmail.com

Lawrence Logic

Feb 7, 2009, 4:39:56 PM2/7/09

<kenh...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
<snip>

> Doesn't it strike you as the teensiest bit suspicious that here on
> asrl, the traditional quiet season, 'John Heath', an iinet user from
> Brisbane, seems to be attracting some flak over his less than savoury
> comments, and all of a sudden, several other iinet users from Brisbane
> make unexpected appearances on this group?

I'm presuming that you know that they're iiNet users because their IP
address appears in the message header. It would be quite silly if someone
used a sock and also their usual provider, although that's not out of the
question.

I'm presuming that each of these IP addresses has been unique, due to the
fact that you find it suspicious rather than pointing the finger at any
particular poster. That would suggest to me that they aren't the same
person. If the individual identities changed their IP addresses with
startling regularity, that may nullify my previous sentence.

I'm also presuming that you know that they're in Brisbane because their
system is set at GMT/UTC +10:00. That's a bold yet not unreasonable
assumption, although it takes only a few seconds to change time zones.
That's what I normally do when I post as Cicero or CDK or MonoJoker or one
of my numerous sock puppets.

Perhaps it's a simple case of iiNet's advertising campaign being highly
effective, and posters to asc and asrl being more likely to call their
grandmothers while naked.

--
Lawrence
"In the outside world I am a simple geologist, but in here I am Falcor,

David Male

Feb 7, 2009, 4:54:39 PM2/7/09
On Sat, 7 Feb 2009 05:27:26 -0800 (PST), kenh...@hotmail.com wrote:

>Quite obviously.
>These people are mental pygmies
>
>Higgs

Posted to current newsgroup only...take note crossposter.....I use
iinet, as do many others. simply as it is fast, cheap, and
reliable...I would not know how to alter my IP...nor would I bother. I
have a loaded gun, knife, and a steel bar, all within reach. I use my
real name.

Sunday paper does not appear to have arrived..thus me bothering with
this trifle

David Male

Feb 7, 2009, 6:17:50 PM2/7/09
On Sat, 07 Feb 2009 21:39:56 GMT, "Lawrence Logic"
<mr-NotThi...@amd-p.com> wrote:

>That's what I normally do when I post as Cicero or CDK or MonoJoker or one
>of my numerous sock puppets.

I thought there was something strange with Cicero and Mono...having
shared a coke with them, but not in the same room, at the same time,
hmnn...

MonoJoker

Feb 7, 2009, 7:49:38 PM2/7/09
"David Male" <bi...@ms.com> wrote in message

Mr Higgs has suddenly appeared on ASRL as our newest net detective. I guess
everyone has now got him on ignore both on ASC and RSC so he has to find a
new newsgroup to get an argument. He'll do well there as KJH is always
willing to provide one no matter how lame the troll.

Ken seems to have given up on any sensible debate and moved entirely to
playing the man not the ball. Shame, I used to agree with some of his stuff
and it was a refreshing change from the one-eyed arrogance that persisted in
here for a while.

Cheers
LT.

MonoJoker

Feb 7, 2009, 7:44:42 PM2/7/09
"David Male" <bi...@ms.com> wrote in message

LOL it's true. Hey here I am replying to you and we BOTH use IINET ;-)

I am stoked with their Naked DSL service having switched last month. Even
with the few landline calls we'd make each month we are saving $45 a month.
At that rate the hardware and setup fees will be recouped within 4 months of
service.

I'm 3.5ks from the exchange so my speeds are nothing to write home about
(3.5 to 4 Mbits/sec) but for that size $ saving, no loss in call quality and
a larger quota I'll happily live with half cable speeds.

Cheers
LT.

David Male

Feb 7, 2009, 7:56:27 PM2/7/09
On Sun, 8 Feb 2009 10:49:38 +1000, "MonoJoker"
<monos...@bigjobs.net> wrote:

>Ken seems to have given up on any sensible debate and moved entirely to
>playing the man not the ball. Shame, I used to agree with some of his stuff
>and it was a refreshing change from the one-eyed arrogance that persisted in
>here for a while.
>
>Cheers
>LT.

Yeah, I though along the same lines...

David Male

Feb 7, 2009, 7:55:12 PM2/7/09
On Sun, 8 Feb 2009 10:44:42 +1000, "MonoJoker"
<monos...@bigjobs.net> wrote:

>I'm 3.5ks from the exchange so my speeds are nothing to write home about
>(3.5 to 4 Mbits/sec) but for that size $ saving, no loss in call quality and
>a larger quota I'll happily live with half cable speeds.

2.8 klm and 4.8Mbs occassionally dropping to around 3.5 at peak hour,
and similarly, saving 40 to 50 $ on phone calls, combined with
Pennytel for txt and my twice a day call to Sweden...if I save any
more I wont need to occassianally show up for work...

Lawrence Logic

Feb 7, 2009, 8:11:11 PM2/7/09

"David Male" <bi...@ms.com> wrote in message

I'm about 2km from the exchange and get around 9Mb/s. My old crappy cable
service at Northgate only managed around 18Mb/s. I never go anywhere near
the download limit and speed is my major focus, and I hardly use the phone,
so I'm pretty disappointed. They ain't called BigPong for nothing...

--
Lawrence
"If I was a towel, why would I be wearing this hat and this fake

Mad Hamish

Feb 7, 2009, 8:34:57 PM2/7/09
<monos...@bigjobs.net> wrote:

>Ken seems to have given up on any sensible debate and moved entirely to
>playing the man not the ball.

About 6 years ago...
--
"Hope is replaced by fear and dreams by survival, most of us get by."
Stuart Adamson 1958-2001

Mad Hamish
Hamish Laws
newsunsp...@iinet.unspamme.net.au

Cicero

Feb 7, 2009, 10:25:41 PM2/7/09

"David Male" <bi...@ms.com> wrote in message

I have shared a beer with Monojoker and I assure you I am far more
distinguished.

Cicero

Feb 7, 2009, 10:35:55 PM2/7/09

"David Male" <bi...@ms.com> wrote in message

Can you guys speak English?

Cicero

Feb 7, 2009, 10:42:40 PM2/7/09

"Lawrence Logic" <mr-NotThi...@amd-p.com> wrote in message

Assuming you are talking Megabits, rather than megabytes, mine is 9.7.
(download). I can't get higher than that.

Lawrence Logic

Feb 7, 2009, 11:10:29 PM2/7/09

"Cicero" <Som...@microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "Lawrence Logic" <mr-NotThi...@amd-p.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "David Male" <bi...@ms.com> wrote in message

>>> 2.8 klm and 4.8Mbs occassionally dropping to around 3.5 at peak hour,
>>> and similarly, saving 40 to 50 $ on phone calls, combined with
>>> Pennytel for txt and my twice a day call to Sweden...if I save any
>>> more I wont need to occassianally show up for work...
>>>

>> I'm about 2km from the exchange and get around 9Mb/s. My old crappy
>> cable service at Northgate only managed around 18Mb/s. I never go
>> anywhere near the download limit and speed is my major focus, and I
>> hardly use the phone, so I'm pretty disappointed. They ain't called
>> BigPong for nothing...
>>

> Assuming you are talking Megabits, rather than megabytes, mine is 9.7.
> (download). I can't get higher than that.

Yep. Megabits. While they say that ADSL2+ will run at 24Mb/s, they declare
that around 50% of their customers get 10Mb/s or better. I'm just outside
of that but you're a tad closer.

My PC is over six years old and I may get slightly better performance with a
faster machine. When I do a large speed test, it runs very fast but then
almost stops dead just before the end. I'm assuming that my browser is, at
that point, copying the temporary file to the real file in the download
location, which extends the overall time and brings the calculated average
down a bit.

I don't defrag my drives. The primary drive gets overwritten by a Ghost
image fairly frequently, which speeds things up a little bit, but the data
drives only get backed up and have been accumulating defragmentation since
the year dot.

The processor is only an AMD 2400 or somethingorother, which is equivalent
to a 2GHz Pentium, and I only have 512MB of RAM. When I bought it from
Hardly Normal around Christmas 2002, it was an obsolete yet pretty good
machine. Now it runs like a dog! One of those rumbled dogs like on the
toilet roll commercials!!

--
Lawrence
"We've got Jews and perverts and bullies and all kinds of sinners in this

Mo...@unimail.com.au

Feb 7, 2009, 11:41:54 PM2/7/09
On Feb 8, 2:10 pm, "Lawrence Logic" <mr-NotThisBit-lo...@amd-p.com>
wrote:

<snip>

Thinking of switching to iinet myself. Have heard nothing but good
stories and am suitable impressed by their WA location.

> When I bought it from
> Hardly Normal around Christmas 2002,

Huh? You'd be the first intelligent person I've ever heard of who's
purchased a computer from HN.

Moby

Lawrence Logic

Feb 7, 2009, 11:54:25 PM2/7/09

<Mo...@unimail.com.au> wrote in message

Huh? You'd be the first person on aus.sport.cricket to accuse me of being
intelligent!

--
Lawrence
"If you lose the big game, that little boy is gonna die faster than Steve

Cicero

Feb 7, 2009, 11:55:09 PM2/7/09

"Lawrence Logic" <mr-NotThi...@amd-p.com> wrote in message

This site is pretty good for a speed test http://www.speedtest.net/.

I have 2 GB of RAM and a pretty fast chip but the speed was a lot slower
before I got a new modem. Also the amount of traffic affects the highest
speed I can get.

Lawrence Logic

Feb 8, 2009, 12:38:20 AM2/8/09

"Cicero" <Som...@microsoft.com> wrote in message

Great link. Thank you for that.

I had varying results. When I initially clicked the link and did the speed
test in Chrome, it said my download was 5638kb/s. After rebooting, waiting
for the PC to settle, and then entering the URL into Firefox without running
anything else, it said that my download was 13376kb/s. A strange comparison
considering I used a different browser, but I haven't gotten around to
stopping Chrome from being the default. It's a lot of hard work and would
take several seconds to complete.

Anyway, you can see the before and after results at
http://crockershit.com/stuff/speedtest.pdf if you're interested.

Strangely, my upload was actually slower on the second test.

Here's Johnny

Feb 8, 2009, 1:00:32 AM2/8/09

"MonoJoker" <monos...@bigjobs.net> wrote in message

I (finally) got iinet connected a few weeks ago. Didn't know the VOIP
adapter for the analog phone wasn't all the equipment I'd need, though, and
I haven't got around to getting a SIP-enabled router yet.

So the call quality is good?

Here's Johnny

Feb 8, 2009, 1:17:47 AM2/8/09

<Mo...@unimail.com.au> wrote in message

<snip>

Moby
Not sure why, but your post won't indent for my client (OE).

Beware having expectations of reasonable connection times with iinet. It
took them weeeeeeeeks to sort me out. I had a bitch to a mate in WA and he
laughed and said they were the same over there - took him three months(!) to
get sorted with them.

They don't ring you if there's even the slightest problem with processing
your application, and they wait for you to call when the expected connection
date is well and truly past. At this point, your connection application
starts again. From the start. No, they can't bump you ahead. They're sorry,
sir, but it's Telstra's fault.

I have heard that Telstra like to be as big a pain in the arse as possible,
and torpedo any work they do on behalf of other carriers, as often as
possible. Check out the Whirlpool fora for experiences with the various
ISPs.

I was with Optus for cable, having left my lovely wife to look after our
connection when we moved house. Pretty expensive, Optus cable, so we decided
to change. Well, Dodo's offer sounded awesome, so I gave them a go. Big
mistake. After several weeks of dicking around I cancelled the order.

I had already rejected TPG because I'd have needed to get a new line
connected, because TPG requires a Telstra connection and my line was not one
which could be ported. In the end I had to do that anyway to get iinet.
You'd think they'd understand the process of connecting a line to get naked
DSL. Well, most of them don't.

"So you want the phone connected too?"
"No, it's naked DSL."
"Oh, we have a problem. This order includes a phone line to be connected."
"That's because I had an Optus line, and there's no porting agreement
between Optus and iinet. I have to have a new line connected, but then
disconnected, to get naked DSL."
"Oh, wait. There's a problem. Your phone line is to be disconnected."
"That's because it's a NAKED DSL CONNECTION ffs..."

Bear in mind I had to call them several times because deadlines were missed.
I had a very similar conversation to the sample one above on each of these
occasions...

Here's Johnny

Feb 8, 2009, 1:21:17 AM2/8/09

"MonoJoker" <monos...@bigjobs.net> wrote in message

Sincere apologies for upsetting your tipping streak, LT, but I've killfiled
your idol as well as the Higgs clown.

Lawrence Logic

Feb 8, 2009, 1:25:39 AM2/8/09

"Cicero" <Som...@microsoft.com> wrote in message

I see that you tried to download the speed test PDF file but bailed out
about two thirds of the way through. Did something happen, did it stop, or
was it simply taking too long to load? It's a bit over 300k. Yours stopped
a bit past 200k.

--
Lawrence
"This Warner fellow. It's the first six letters of his surname that worry

David Male

Feb 8, 2009, 1:32:34 AM2/8/09
On Sun, 08 Feb 2009 04:55:09 GMT, "Cicero" <Som...@microsoft.com>
wrote:

>This site is pretty good for a speed test http://www.speedtest.net/.

yeah, these sites, and there are several, are not quite right....learn
to use ping and get the mtu set correctly, before that, login to your
router, that will tell you the exact connection speed....also have a
good read of Whirlpool, especially Line Attenuation and Signal/noise
ratios.....all very geeky, but helps to tune it up a bit to the
max.....

iinet users can of course, go into the Toolbox and select the higher
speed, but I found it got more lost packets, thereby lowering overall
speed.

Here's Johnny

Feb 8, 2009, 1:34:10 AM2/8/09

"Qu0ll" <Qu0llS...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I could argue that the only person I've abused is someone who said Anil
Kumble fucked my "mother, wife and daughters" and that arguing with trolls
is passe, but then that might be argumentative. Instead I'll just wonder why
you're suddenly having a chip when you and I have never had a problem, and
probably stop wondering very, very soon.

David Male

Feb 8, 2009, 1:37:09 AM2/8/09
On Sun, 8 Feb 2009 16:00:32 +1000, "Here's Johnny" <r...@tattat.net>
wrote:

>So the call quality is good?

I have no problems, two computers on the line, both being used a fair
bit, and at the same time...and two phones plugged in...I have not
asked for the second line stuff, but I have been talking on phone 2
when phone 1 rang, and I was not cut off, so obviously both phones can
be used at the same time.

I use a standard Net Gear Router, the little cheap one with a 4 port
ethernet....and the iinet adaptor for the phone.

Cicero

Feb 8, 2009, 1:41:42 AM2/8/09

"Here's Johnny" <r...@tattat.net> wrote in message

So is iinet an ISP?

Qu0ll

Feb 8, 2009, 1:42:48 AM2/8/09

> I could argue that the only person I've abused is someone who said Anil
> Kumble fucked my "mother, wife and daughters" and that arguing with trolls
> is passe, but then that might be argumentative. Instead I'll just wonder
> why you're suddenly having a chip when you and I have never had a problem,
> and probably stop wondering very, very soon.

No chips here. I treat people the way they behave and if that post I was
referring to was really from you then I definitely have a problem with it.
I don't have enough time to research your posting history (unlike some
others) so I cannot say whether it's indicative of your character in
general. Either way, I am over it. Be nice and I'll be nice.

Cicero

Feb 8, 2009, 1:46:48 AM2/8/09

"Lawrence Logic" <mr-NotThi...@amd-p.com> wrote in message

I did what?

Here's Johnny

Feb 8, 2009, 1:50:21 AM2/8/09

"David Male" <bi...@ms.com> wrote in message

I've never tried to set up VOIP at home before but didn't think I would need
a SIP-enabled router to do so, since you don't need to for Skype. The doco
that came with the adapter for the phone said I did, though, and I didn't
check it out beyond that. Sounds like you don't have any special gear, so
I'll give it a crack. Cheers Dave.

CDK

Feb 8, 2009, 2:01:22 AM2/8/09
alvey wrote:
> In another thread in a galaxy far, far ago.. LT saideth;
>
> "I just made another 180 bux..."
>
> I'se been thinking (and profiting) about the cricket recently, esp the
> wacky odds that Betfair have been offering.... Anyone interested in forming
> a Betting Syndicate?

That's tautology al.

CDK

Lawrence Logic

Feb 8, 2009, 2:09:40 AM2/8/09

> "Lawrence Logic" <mr-NotThi...@amd-p.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Cicero" <Som...@microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>

>> I see that you tried to download the speed test PDF file but bailed out
>> about two thirds of the way through. Did something happen, did it stop,
>> or was it simply taking too long to load? It's a bit over 300k. Yours
>> stopped a bit past 200k.
>>

> I did what?

You clicked the link to the PDF file with screenshots of the comparison of
speed tests that I did, but the transfer was incomplete. I was just curious
as to what happened. In the event that a download fails, I have an inbuilt
need to know why. The server alerted me to a problem.

Considering the fact that the file was uploaded primarily for you to view,
the fact that it was reasonable for you to do precisely that, the fact that
your IP address is public by virtue of you posting via your ISP's news
service, and the fact that a request from your IP address appeared to fail
before being completed, I just thought I'd ask what the problem was.

Others have successfully viewed the file. Your attempt apparently failed.
Did something go wrong?

--
Lawrence
"Once you jack off to Japanese girls puking in each other's mouths, you

Cicero

Feb 8, 2009, 2:23:11 AM2/8/09

"Lawrence Logic" <mr-NotThi...@amd-p.com> wrote in message

Not at all. I envy the speeds you get- the upload speed especially. I didn't
understand what you said about me uploading- I was able to view all your
results.

If you want to clarify things my email is in my profile I think.

Cheers

David Male

Feb 8, 2009, 2:25:29 AM2/8/09
On Sun, 8 Feb 2009 16:50:21 +1000, "Here's Johnny" <r...@tattat.net>
wrote:

>Sounds like you don't have any special gear, so

>I'll give it a crack. Cheers Dave.

nothing special...phone line into router, iinet phone adaptor, 2
computers and pennytel ethernet phone take up the 4 router
ports...iinet phone adaptor has 2 lines out to 2 phones

log in to router via web browser, stick in password and required
settings, if phone adaptor needs to be set up, same thing, log in with
browser and set....and penny phone, dial sequence of numbers, it tells
you the IP, which you type in to browser, and put in your number, SIP,
and password...log out....ring the world for 8 cents....record so far
is 3 hours and 49 minutes in one go for the above mentioned 8 cents.

beats eating pies up the shop.

Lawrence Logic

Feb 8, 2009, 2:53:14 AM2/8/09

> Not at all. I envy the speeds you get- the upload speed especially. I
> didn't understand what you said about me uploading- I was able to view all
> your results.
>
> If you want to clarify things my email is in my profile I think.

The speed that I got when running the speed test is only valid when I've
rebooted the PC and don't run anything, save for the browser required to run
the speed test. As soon as I run a couple of programs, the whole thing bogs
down. I think I need a new machine with at least the 2GB that you have. I
remember laughing at someone who had 64MB of RAM many years ago because that
was bigger than most hard drives back then.

As for the email address, I have, myself, used som...@microsoft.com in the
distant past. That's the only email apparent to me, and that's the email
address in your posts. I figured that there was no point sending a message
to that address.

I apologise if my usage of the term "download" implied more than you simply
displaying the file that I posted. I only quizzed you about it because of
the apparent failure and you being the only intended audience. The fact
that it actually displayed successfully is more than interesting. According
to the server log, it didn't. Methinks the server may need a clout about
the head.

--
Lawrence
"Kyle, I swear, if I didn't have a guy's hand up my asshole right now, I'd

Here's Johnny

Feb 8, 2009, 2:55:56 AM2/8/09

"Qu0ll" <Qu0llS...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Well, I can confirm it was from me, and that it was a deliberate attempt at
the most ridiculous and profane response I could muster. I think you'll find
on casual sampling that I am generally nice and friendly, although prone to
chomping and being a bit harsh with idiots. Wasteful dalliances with the
latter does colour the archives a little, admittedly.

Qu0ll

Feb 8, 2009, 3:10:13 AM2/8/09

> Well, I can confirm it was from me, and that it was a deliberate attempt
> at the most ridiculous and profane response I could muster.

Well I think you succeeded.

> I think you'll find on casual sampling that I am generally nice and
> friendly, although prone to chomping and being a bit harsh with idiots.

I don't have the time or the desire to even do a "casual" sampling.

> Wasteful dalliances with the latter does colour the archives a little,
> admittedly.

I am sure one Dave Stewart would agree.

BTW, why do you keep changing your nick/sock even though your identity is
clear in the new one?

Cicero

Feb 8, 2009, 3:19:59 AM2/8/09

"Lawrence Logic" <mr-NotThi...@amd-p.com> wrote in message

I just didn't understand what you were saying and I was not being offensive.
:)

My email is moofie...@gmail.com

Cicero

Feb 8, 2009, 3:22:09 AM2/8/09

"Here's Johnny" <r...@tattat.net> wrote in message

The only John Heath I knew was a forensic scientist- are you another?

Here's Johnny

Feb 8, 2009, 3:31:27 AM2/8/09

> On Sun, 8 Feb 2009 16:50:21 +1000, "Here's Johnny" <r...@tattat.net>
> wrote:
>
>>Sounds like you don't have any special gear, so
>>I'll give it a crack. Cheers Dave.
>
> nothing special...phone line into router, iinet phone adaptor, 2
> computers and pennytel ethernet phone take up the 4 router
> ports...iinet phone adaptor has 2 lines out to 2 phones

I see. I was trying to do it with my standard analog phone - I thought
that's what the adapter was for. I will check out pennytel!

> log in to router via web browser, stick in password and required
> settings, if phone adaptor needs to be set up, same thing, log in with
> browser and set....and penny phone, dial sequence of numbers, it tells
> you the IP, which you type in to browser, and put in your number, SIP,
> and password...log out....ring the world for 8 cents....record so far
> is 3 hours and 49 minutes in one go for the above mentioned 8 cents.

All sounds approximately what I'd expected - just got stuck when the intro
letter from iinet mentioned I'd need their magic router.

> beats eating pies up the shop.

Speaking of the shop, let me know when you're coming by again and I'll make
sure the aforementioned pies are on hand :)

Mo...@unimail.com.au

Feb 8, 2009, 3:35:49 AM2/8/09
On Feb 8, 4:17 pm, "Here's Johnny" <r...@tattat.net> wrote:
> <M...@unimail.com.au> wrote in message

<snip>

Sounds like a TIO-fest waiting to happen.

I've avoided iinet exactly due to the Dodo thing.. I didn't get dodo,
but know too many people burnt.

A lot of what you describe sounds like it's likely to fall foul of the
TPA. I shall enjoy the switch and will be eager for the first flat-out
lie I'm told by phone jockeys. I'm perverse like that.

Moby

Mo...@unimail.com.au

Feb 8, 2009, 3:38:17 AM2/8/09
On Feb 8, 4:41 pm, "Cicero" <Some...@microsoft.com> wrote:

> So is iinet an ISP?

They give you internet and you don't have to pay for a home phone.

That's about all you need to know. :)

Moby

Here's Johnny

Feb 8, 2009, 3:48:05 AM2/8/09

"Qu0ll" <Qu0llS...@gmail.com> wrote in message

No particular reason. I set up a news client at home because I wanted to use
a killfile, having belatedly realised the futility of troll wrestling. I can
keep protesting accusations of socketry but there comes a time when even a
dedicated chomper has enough of "are too - am not - are too - am not" ...
had enough. There's no effort at all to hide my identity, and there never
has been.

Anyway, there is quite enough defamatory and venomous shit associated with a
name search for my liking, so something other than my actual name is
preferable. Here's Johnny is a bit cheerful, nobody else is using it and I
like it, so there you go.

Cicero

Feb 8, 2009, 3:50:12 AM2/8/09

<Mo...@unimail.com.au> wrote in message

<snip>

Moby

you're a pervert. Lets face it.

Cicero

Feb 8, 2009, 3:51:20 AM2/8/09

<Mo...@unimail.com.au> wrote in message

Moby

Thanks- I had never heard of them before.

As, after surgery I will be going to Perth I don't think I will get too
excited.

Here's Johnny

Feb 8, 2009, 3:52:08 AM2/8/09

<Mo...@unimail.com.au> wrote in message

Moby

Wot he said, like.

Here's Johnny

Feb 8, 2009, 3:51:21 AM2/8/09

"Cicero" <Som...@microsoft.com> wrote in message

Yep. Pleased to meetcha.

Qu0ll

Feb 8, 2009, 4:04:03 AM2/8/09
"Here's Johnny" <r...@tattat.net> wrote in message

Fair enough. So does this mean that you have plonked Dave?

David Male

Feb 8, 2009, 4:03:47 AM2/8/09
On Sun, 8 Feb 2009 18:31:27 +1000, "Here's Johnny" <r...@tattat.net>
wrote:

>I see. I was trying to do it with my standard analog phone - I thought

>that's what the adapter was for. I will check out pennytel!

analogue phone is required for iinet, plugged into their adaptor...you
dont need their router, but it has a nice touch, it gives more net to
the phone.

David Male

Feb 8, 2009, 4:04:36 AM2/8/09
wrote:

>Speaking of the shop, let me know when you're coming by again and I'll make

>sure the aforementioned pies are on hand :)

Ok, not next week, but the week after...what day are you in, still
Thurs...if so, I will be there

David Male

Feb 8, 2009, 4:00:26 AM2/8/09
On Sun, 08 Feb 2009 08:51:20 GMT, "Cicero" <Som...@microsoft.com>
wrote:

>As, after surgery I will be going to Perth I don't think I will get too
>excited.

Mmnn, that is where iinet comes from...so when you get there, check
them out..let me know before you head off

Cicero

Feb 8, 2009, 4:22:54 AM2/8/09

"Here's Johnny" <r...@tattat.net> wrote in message

I just ignore the idiots from India. They give bullshit a bad name.

Cicero

Feb 8, 2009, 4:23:46 AM2/8/09

"David Male" <bi...@ms.com> wrote in message

David, can you email me? I had to do a system reconstruct so lost all
addresses etc.

Here's Johnny

Feb 8, 2009, 4:44:16 AM2/8/09

"David Male" <bi...@ms.com> wrote in message

I'll have to check out their doco again - I'm certain it said I needed a
SIP-enabled router and I know mine hasn't got any SIP configuration pages on
its http interface. I doubt QoS will be an issue for me, since we're rarely
home and won't get many calls on the home phone, so if I can get it going
tonight I'll be a happy man, and a beer will accompany your pie, sir.

Here's Johnny

Feb 8, 2009, 4:44:35 AM2/8/09

"Qu0ll" <Qu0llS...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Yep.

Here's Johnny

Feb 8, 2009, 4:46:09 AM2/8/09

"David Male" <bi...@ms.com> wrote in message

Well, Thursdays are evening trade and I generally just arrive in time to
take the little princess home for tucker, bath and bed. I usually start and
finish work a bit late, too. Are you doing anything Saturday morning?

Qu0ll

Feb 8, 2009, 4:47:21 AM2/8/09
"Here's Johnny" <r...@tattat.net> wrote in message

Woohoo! Let's see how long that lasts...

Here's Johnny

Feb 8, 2009, 4:56:10 AM2/8/09

"Qu0ll" <Qu0llS...@gmail.com> wrote in message

It will last until either I deliberately remove him from the blocked senders
list (i.e. never) or he changes his details to evade it (anyone's guess). I
predict a spike in sock posting to the newsgroup until the penny drops for
him.

Qu0ll

Feb 8, 2009, 5:49:46 AM2/8/09

> [...]

>>> Yep.

>> Woohoo! Let's see how long that lasts...

> It will last until either I deliberately remove him from the blocked

> senders list (i.e. never) or he changes his details to evade it (anyone's
> guess). I predict a spike in sock posting to the newsgroup until the penny
> drops for him.

Perhaps Mr. Orwell or his cousin Nomen will figure more prominently.

David Male

Feb 8, 2009, 6:40:12 AM2/8/09
On Sun, 8 Feb 2009 19:46:09 +1000, "Here's Johnny" <r...@tattat.net>
wrote:

Are you doing anything Saturday morning?

dont think so, Ok, lets see a bit closer to the day...

alvey

Feb 8, 2009, 7:07:18 AM2/8/09
On Sun, 08 Feb 2009 07:01:22 GMT, CDK wrote:

> alvey wrote:
>> In another thread in a galaxy far, far ago.. LT saideth;
>>
>> "I just made another 180 bux..."
>>
>> I'se been thinking (and profiting) about the cricket recently, esp the
>> wacky odds that Betfair have been offering.... Anyone interested in forming
>> a Betting Syndicate?
>
> That's tautology al.
>
> CDK

How's that Indian?

a;vey

kenh...@hotmail.com

Feb 8, 2009, 7:28:38 AM2/8/09
On Feb 8, 8:54 am, David Male <bi...@ms.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Feb 2009 05:27:26 -0800 (PST), kenhig...@hotmail.com wrote:
> >Quite obviously.
> >These people are mental pygmies
>
> >Higgs
>
> Posted to current newsgroup only...take note crossposter.....I use
> iinet, as do many others. simply as it is fast, cheap, and
> reliable...I would not know how to alter my IP...nor would I bother. I
> have a loaded gun, knife, and a steel bar, all within reach. I use my
> real name.
>
> Sunday paper does not appear to have arrived..thus me bothering with
> this trifle

Huh?

I only got into asrl via the crossposting dickheads from Brisbane who
were taking the piss out of the death of Ruud (which, incidentally, I
first learnt of via rss. It got to rsc a bit later). My interest then
got piqued by 'John Heath' who seemed all too closely involved in the
sad postings. He accused me of being a sock puppet (Dave Stewart), so
I asked him about his own history. He assured me that he'd only ever
used two other names (Mellita and Slippery Sam). When I noticed the
similarity to 'Max Power' on rsc, he gave me the excuse that he'd only
been referring to asrl and he used a different name on rsc as he only
wanted to discuss cricket and not upset anyone. When it was pointed
out that he'd been using extremely coarse and offensive language to
some of the posters there, he plonked me.
Then changed his name to Here's Johnny.
He should have changed it back to Wog George.

Anyway, I'm not too fussed by ISP changes or even name changes (nor do
I really know too much about it), but I found it rather ironic that
Moby and a few others had started a campaign before Xmas to 'expose'
me as a sock puppet of Jellore, based on the fact that we both used
Telstra (even though Jellore posts from Cowra and me from Sydney). In
the time honoured tradition of rsc, the continual repeating of a lie
started to see it accepted as a fact, especially by the Brisbane
mafia.

No surprises to see so many of them closing ranks here now

Higgs

CDK

Feb 8, 2009, 9:23:53 AM2/8/09

All QCCCC members are wannabees

CDK

alvey

Feb 8, 2009, 12:13:11 PM2/8/09

Crikey Col! Are you sponsored by Roland Priestly Pty Ltd now?

http://www.rolandpriestley.com.au

alvey

David Male

Feb 8, 2009, 4:03:49 PM2/8/09
On Sun, 8 Feb 2009 04:28:38 -0800 (PST), kenh...@hotmail.com wrote:

>No surprises to see so many of them closing ranks here now
>
>Higgs

I would be sad if RUUD has died....something was wrong with my news
server, I got nothing for days, then about 150 at once, but it was
obvious some threads had missing parts....

I know a few of the other guys, but mafia is a long stretch...we tend
to point out the obvious deficiencies with Aust teams being selected
by Sid A Knee

Sir Oswald P Wrong

Feb 8, 2009, 5:22:59 PM2/8/09
On Sun, 8 Feb 2009 20:47:21 +1100, "Qu0ll" <Qu0llS...@gmail.com>
wrote:

LoL.

It's a pretty 'safe' kind of plonk as you say.

Poor old Johnbro has decided that in the face of mounting condemnation
regarding his sock activities the solution is to set up a new account
with a new nickname.

And add me to his kill file, allegedly.

Of course he'll still be ABle to post under his other socks and use
his trademark call and response routine, but at least this way he
doesn't have to answer the tough questions.

No wonder he posed on Facebook as a sheila in a pink bikini. At least
he got the gender right.

ROLFingMFAO

<FX: Completes victory lap of honor to the roar of his millions of
adoring fans>

SPOLIER: Oswald by plenty.

The end.

- - -
You're in the Wrong newsgroup

awsom...@gmail.com

Feb 8, 2009, 7:00:59 PM2/8/09
On Feb 9, 8:22 am, Sir Oswald P Wrong
<ossiepwr...@spamawayexposures.co.nz> wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Feb 2009 20:47:21 +1100, "Qu0ll" <Qu0llSixF...@gmail.com>

> wrote:
>

> >"Here's Johnny" <r...@tattat.net> wrote in message
>
> >> "Qu0ll" <Qu0llSixF...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >> Yep.
>
> >Woohoo!  Let's see how long that lasts...
>
> LoL.
>
> It's a pretty 'safe' kind of plonk as you say.
>
> Poor old Johnbro has decided that in the face of mounting condemnation
> regarding his sock activities the solution is to set up a new account
> with a new nickname.
>
> And add me to his kill file, allegedly.
>
> Of course he'll still be ABle to post under his other socks and use
> his trademark call and response routine, but at least this way he
> doesn't have to answer the tough questions.
>
> No wonder he posed on Facebook as a sheila in a pink bikini. At least
> he got the gender right.
>
> ROLFingMFAO
>
> <FX: Completes victory lap of honor to the roar of his millions of
> adoring fans>
>
> SPOLIER: Oswald by plenty.
>
> The end.
>
> - - -
> You're in the Wrong newsgroup

So instead of buying Xmas presents for your grandkids, you spent
thousands of dollars on a private detective, and this is the best you
can do?

You sure are an easy touch.

No wonder you're bankrupt.

AB

kenh...@hotmail.com

Feb 9, 2009, 2:33:22 AM2/9/09
On Feb 9, 8:03 am, David Male <bi...@ms.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 8 Feb 2009 04:28:38 -0800 (PST), kenhig...@hotmail.com wrote:
> >No surprises to see so many of them closing ranks here now
>
> >Higgs
>
> I would be sad if RUUD has died....something was wrong with my news
> server, I got nothing for days, then about 150 at once, but it was
> obvious some threads had missing parts....

As far as anyone can check these things online, my understanding was
that Ruud passed away on 20th Jan after a long battle with the Big C
(so did another acquaintance of mine yesterday, but that’s not
relevant here). I first became aware of it via rss, I have no reason
to doubt the authenticity of the news; I think someone posted the
death notice from the Tele. Many people on the various groups Ruud
frequented posted their condolences.

What irked me (and appears to have started this current spat) was the
distasteful Borked Pseudo Mailed/Nomen Nescio/George Orwell cross-
postings from asrl (which is what led me here in the first place)
poking fun of the event.

Your acquaintance ‘John Heath’ (and I’m assuming you know each other,
going by your recent exchanges) appeared to know something about the
provenance of the anonymous poster, as did Oswald P. So I asked a few
questions.

I’m not that familiar with who is who here, or what history the
various posters have, but John Heath discredited himself (at least in
my eyes) by making a number of claims that didn’t stand up under even
rudimentary research (the number of names he’d used in the past, his
reasons for posting to rsc etc). And I’d initially took his replies at
face value. In short, he came across as being ‘economical with the
truth’. And when I eventually called him on it, he became abusive,
made counter-accusations against me, plonked me and then changed his
name again (John Heath->Max Power->Here’s Johnny in double quick
time).

Perhaps I’m wrong here, and you have the advantage of knowing a few of
the people involved, but hardly surprising that I found ‘John’ to be
more than a bit suss. Several posters here seem, at least to me, know
more than they are letting on.

> I know a few of the other guys, but mafia is a long stretch...we tend
> to point out the obvious deficiencies with Aust teams being selected
> by Sid A Knee

Hmmm.
Usenet is, by and large, populated by disparate entities from all over
the globe, loosely bound by a common (!) interest in a particular
sport. Lot’s of name calling, skiting and exaggeration often ensues,
which sometimes gets a bit out of hand. (I might add that I’ve never
threatened anyone physically, or threatened to report them to
employer/ outside body etc, even though I’ve had my share of flame
wars).

What appears to set you Qld boys apart is that you all appear to live
in close geographical proximity, some of you appear to have gone to
Uni together, and some of you have formed a cricket club together and
socialise. Or so I understand. Nothing wrong with that, and actually,
good luck to you. And hardly surprising that you stick up for each
other and support each other. But again, what am I to think when I
bring up what I think is a reasonable objection, and all of a sudden,
virtually every member of the QCCCCC seems to running around on asrl
during the off season.

Enough to make one think that most of them are the same person!

And as for the comments Johnny directed at the (admittedly crazy)
Indian poster, if I’d have come out with stuff like that, I reckon you
guys would have been all over me like a rash.

Perhaps that’s enough from me for the time being

Higgs

Sir Oswald P Wrong

Feb 9, 2009, 3:15:19 AM2/9/09
On Sun, 8 Feb 2009 23:33:22 -0800 (PST), kenh...@hotmail.com wrote:

>I’m not that familiar with who is who here, or what history the
>various posters have, but John Heath discredited himself (at least in
>my eyes) by making a number of claims that didn’t stand up under even
>rudimentary research (the number of names he’d used in the past, his
>reasons for posting to rsc etc). And I’d initially took his replies at
>face value. In short, he came across as being ‘economical with the
>truth’. And when I eventually called him on it, he became abusive,
>made counter-accusations against me, plonked me and then changed his
>name again (John Heath->Max Power->Here’s Johnny in double quick
>time).

http://tinyurl.com/yrgu4e

HTH

David Male

Feb 9, 2009, 3:22:18 AM2/9/09
On Sun, 8 Feb 2009 23:33:22 -0800 (PST), kenh...@hotmail.com wrote:

>Perhaps that’s enough from me for the time being
>
>Higgs

Interesting...I know most of the QCCC do follow the Rugby-League, some
times with more passion.

Qu0ll

Feb 9, 2009, 3:51:14 AM2/9/09
"Sir Oswald P Wrong" <ossie...@spamawayexposures.co.nz> wrote in message

LOL. When I first saw the nick "Here's Johnny" I immediately thought of
Johnny Carson. I had forgotten about crazy Jacko. I wonder which one Mr.
Heath had in mind.

--
And loving it,

-Qu0ll (Rare, not extinct)

Qu0llS...@gmail.com

Mo...@unimail.com.au

Feb 9, 2009, 7:20:55 AM2/9/09
On Feb 9, 6:51 pm, "Qu0ll" <Qu0llSixF...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "Sir Oswald P Wrong" <ossiepwr...@spamawayexposures.co.nz> wrote in messagenews:9gpvo4tmln2utumn0...@4ax.com...

> > On Sun, 8 Feb 2009 23:33:22 -0800 (PST), kenhig...@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> >>I'm not that familiar with who is who here, or what history the
> >>various posters have, but John Heath discredited himself (at least in
> >>my eyes) by making a number of claims that didn't stand up under even
> >>rudimentary research (the number of names he'd used in the past, his
> >>reasons for posting to rsc etc). And I'd initially took his replies at
> >>face value. In short, he came across as being 'economical with the
> >>truth'.  And when I eventually called him on it, he became abusive,
> >>made counter-accusations against me, plonked me and then changed his
> >>name again (John Heath->Max Power->Here's Johnny in double quick
> >>time).
>
> >http://tinyurl.com/yrgu4e
>
> > HTH
>
> LOL.  When I first saw the nick "Here's Johnny" I immediately thought of
> Johnny Carson.  I had forgotten about crazy Jacko.  I wonder which one Mr.
> Heath had in mind.

Good lord. You lot don't just feed trolls over here, you take them
out to dinner and order the lobster.

Had a bit of a look. Seems to me that usenet's not at all healthy for
some - time to concentrate on being a Dad, I'd say. Then again, my
groupie seems to be having fun - and I couldn't possibly suggest we
take away his only validation.

As much as spammers are the internet's cold-calling telemarketers,
sockpuppeteerss are the internet's drunk panhandlers. They bring down
the atmosphere...all of them... and that's saying something given the
ground-state ambiance.

Even Dave has the decency not to stoop to that level. Must be minding
the back.

Moby
Admitting to bringing the mornay sauce this time.

kenh...@hotmail.com

Feb 9, 2009, 7:52:42 AM2/9/09
On Feb 9, 11:20 pm, M...@unimail.com.au wrote:
> On Feb 9, 6:51 pm, "Qu0ll" <Qu0llSixF...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > >http://tinyurl.com/yrgu4e
>
> > > HTH
>
> > LOL.  When I first saw the nick "Here's Johnny" I immediately thought of
> > Johnny Carson.  I had forgotten about crazy Jacko.  I wonder which one Mr.
> > Heath had in mind.
>
> Good lord.  You lot don't just feed trolls over here, you take them
> out to dinner and order the lobster.

Speaking of drunk, panhandling telemarketeers..........

pass the salad

Higgs

Sir Oswald P Wrong

Feb 9, 2009, 2:00:01 PM2/9/09
On Mon, 9 Feb 2009 19:51:14 +1100, "Qu0ll" <Qu0llS...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>"Sir Oswald P Wrong" <ossie...@spamawayexposures.co.nz> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 8 Feb 2009 23:33:22 -0800 (PST), kenh...@hotmail.com wrote:
>>
>>>I'm not that familiar with who is who here, or what history the
>>>various posters have, but John Heath discredited himself (at least in
>>>my eyes) by making a number of claims that didn't stand up under even
>>>rudimentary research (the number of names he'd used in the past, his
>>>reasons for posting to rsc etc). And I'd initially took his replies at
>>>face value. In short, he came across as being 'economical with the
>>>truth'. And when I eventually called him on it, he became abusive,
>>>made counter-accusations against me, plonked me and then changed his
>>>name again (John Heath->Max Power->Here's Johnny in double quick
>>>time).
>>

>> http://tinyurl.com/yrgu4e
>>
>> HTH
>
>LOL. When I first saw the nick "Here's Johnny" I immediately thought of
>Johnny Carson. I had forgotten about crazy Jacko. I wonder which one Mr.
>Heath had in mind.

I don't.

http://tinyurl.com/c2lxc5

Calvin

Feb 9, 2009, 5:06:55 PM2/9/09
On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 17:33:22 +1000, <kenh...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Perhaps that’s enough from me for the time being
>
> Higgs

Bless you, Kenneth.

--

cheers,