Ditmar 2000

Simon Oxwell

Sep 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/14/00
Swancon 2000 is proud to announce the re-opening of nominations for this
year's Australian Science Fiction Achievement Awards, otherwise known as
the Ditmar Awards.

The original nominations, published earlier this year, have been
officially declared null and void. As such any works previously
nominated for this year's Ditmars must be re-nominated in order for them
to be considered.

Following the original, aborted, Ditmar Awards, a new set of rules for
the awards were agreed upon by the Business Meeting of the Australian
National Science Fiction Convention, Swancon 2000. While these rules do
not officially come into effect until 2001, the awards subcommittee of
Swancon 2000, Ditmar 2000 have elected to follow them in the interim. It
should be noted, however that Ditmar 2000 will not be accepting
nominations in four of the new categories this year (being the Special
Award, Best Professional Achievement, Best Fan Achievement and Best New
Talent) on the recommendation of the Business Meeting of the National
Convention.

The categories are:

Best Novel
Best Novella or Novelette
Best Short Story
Best Collected Work
Best Artwork
Best Fan Writer
Best Fan Artist
Best Fan Production

Only works published in calender year 1999 are eligable for nomination.
All nominations must be post-marked on or prior to the 20th October 2000
and mailed to Ditmar 2000, GPO Box G429, Perth, WA, 6841. It is expected
that voting will take place in early November.

A full copy of the Rules, with an official nomination form, can be found
in Portable Document Format (PDF) at
http://www.swancon.iinet.net.au/awards/ditmar2000.pdf. If you require a
PDF reader, Adobe Acrobat can be downloaded from http://www.adobe.com. A
paper version of the nomination form will be distributed with the
Swancon 26 Progress Report/Swancon 2000 wrap-up in the near future.

Any comments/critisism/etc should be directed to
swan...@megabyte.murdoch.edu.au.

Thank you,

Grant Watson and Simon Oxwell
Ditmar 2000, Swancon 2000 Ditmar Subcommittee.
--
o Simon Oxwell ------- CWIS Technical Officer (ITS) ------- SC1.25 o
| sox...@central.murdoch.edu.au Phone: +61 08 9360 6605 |

Erika Maria Lacey

Sep 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/14/00
sox...@central.murdoch.edu.au (Simon Oxwell) wrote in
<39C0AB28...@central.murdoch.edu.au>:

>Swancon 2000 is proud to announce the re-opening of nominations for this
>year's Australian Science Fiction Achievement Awards, otherwise known as
>the Ditmar Awards.

[snip]

Um ... *BLUSH* 'scuse me while I go kick my ISP for taking so long to d/l
headers ...

Erika

Simon Oxwell

Sep 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/15/00

S'Kay. I'm just glad to see that someone thought to pass it on! ^_^

Simon