Inverbrackie refugee support group , South Australia , JOIN Facebook group now

瀏覽次數:3 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

kangarooistan

未讀,
2010年10月24日 上午10:45:072010/10/24
收件者:
Concerned citizens interested in the welfare of refugees at
Inverbrackie in South Australia , or those wanting more and better
information about their welfare and the emerging support developments
in the regions nearby that may be required .
Group is Open to everybody interested in supporting the refugees ,
not just local people , but anybody who can in any way offer
support, or is interested in their welfare ,
.
How ironic that Inverbrackie is in the Electoral district of Kavel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electoral_district_of_Kavel

Kavel, is an electorate for the South Australian Legislative Assembly
in the Adelaide Hills region of South Australia .i...ncludes
Inverbrackie

Kavel is named after Lutheran pastor August Kavel who migrated to
South Australia from Germany in 1838 (two years after the colony was
founded) with approximately 250 people seeking freedom from religious
persecution.

They and later refugees and immigrants and their descendants have
made a significant contribution to South Australia's development and
culture.

The demography of Kavel is a mixture of commuters to Adelaide who
enjoy the country lifestyle, and farmers and other rural activities.
It is the first predominantly rural state electorate east of Adelaide,

PLEASE invite your interested friends

http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk=group_148825381828917
.
How do you deal with this anger?

Two moments in the past fortnight give us an inkling of the troubled
waters churning in the national soul.

Then there was last night's meeting in the Adelaide Hills town of
Inverbrackie. On the face of it empty defence housing seems a simple
and tidy solution to the growing issue of where to house detained
asylum seekers. Easy for us to say in towns and cities once removed it
seems.

You might have heard the audio or the TV reports. Another jammed
community meeting, another sea of angry faces and standing room only
at the back. This time a - perhaps carefully selected - cutaway of a
One Nation placard, quick grabs from the residents, emotions high,
each boiling with indignant, impotent fury.

"They came here illegally. That's why we don't trust them. They came
here through the backdoor."

"We're not taking this at all."

"When did this become a dictatorship?"

That's the trouble with these tricky issues of awkward policy, the
hard issues in our national life ... somewhere, sometime, the rubber
has to hit the road.

Some communities will lose their water allocations and perhaps
lifeblood so that others and an endangered ecology may survive.

Some towns somewhere will need to open their doors to groups of men,
women and children seeking asylum and a better life.

Both will happen, and the way things are going both will be met with
jeers and lingering anger and resentment.

The failures in all of this are multiple. Towns struggling with
depleted infrastructure asked to take on a little extra burden. River
basin towns and farms doing it hard, but doing as they have for
generations asked to change their ways, maybe move. Big asks really.

But the anger, that's a tricky thing. How do you turn anger to a
willingness to listen? An acceptance of the need to reason? An
acceptance that the solution, in a greater interest, might involve
individual discomfort and disappointment?

We seem to be reaping what our political process has sown here, a
process that has pushed the hard calls to one side while actively
nurturing the division and anger as a potent political fuel.

In the absence of hard decisions we've grown a culture that instead
fosters opposition, fear and resentment, and turns all three to
political capital. Now, as the rubber of serious intractable issues
hovers, spinning, above the bitumen, we see just how much that short-
term opportunism has sold us short.

There are no two ways about it, asylum seeks will continue to knock at
our door, and we need to have a humane and coherent response. Our
river systems are in stress and we need to find ways of restoring
their flows.

A system that thrives on isolating and picking off the anger stirred
by these issues will fail us all in the end.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/10/22/3045523.htm

gs@bigpond

未讀,
2010年10月24日 下午3:19:032010/10/24
收件者:
On Oct 25, 1:45 am, kangarooistan wrote:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electoral_district_of_Kavel
>
> http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk=group_148825381828917

> "They came here illegally. That's why we don't trust them. They came
> here through the backdoor."

They have jumped ahead of the queue..
There are others who have chosen to go through the recognised
Australian
Government regulations and have registered for permission to live in
Australia

As far as I understand my six ancestors from the east of Europe to
the west of Britain who migrated here followed the regulations.
Is it that there are persons even in the homelands of these illegal
migrants
who have set-up conditions there to make it easer some to demand
entrance into Australia before others who are coming to this country
and following the accepted procedures?.

I wonder how many legal migrants there are
who these people are jumping over
It seems that there are people acting from 'political expediency'.
Gladys Swager

kangarooistan

未讀,
2010年10月24日 下午6:46:542010/10/24
收件者:

.

> As far as I understand my six ancestors from the east of Europe to
> the west of Britain who migrated here followed the regulations.
> Is it that there are persons even in the homelands of these illegal
> migrants
>  who have set-up conditions there to make it easer some to demand
> entrance into Australia before others who are coming to this country
> and following the accepted procedures?.
.
Requiring permission from the government, they were informed that
their request for emigration had been denied in 1837. Representatives
who were sent to appeal against the denial were arrested and
imprisoned.
.
MANY early Germans had criminal convictions , most wouldbe REFUSED
immigration as they had CRIMINAL convictionsfor breaking the LAWS in
the country of birth , THEY are our pioneer HEROES , mostly refugee
boat peoples considered lawless poor lazy trouble some criminals by
their governments
.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/August_Kavel#Emigration_to_Australia

Financially, the migration was expensive. George Fife Angas had
lobbied the South Australia Company to provide funding for the
Lutheran dissenters, arguing that the character of the people was the
ideal type for the new settlement in South Australia.
However, due to financial problems within the Company, the request by
Angas, which had initially been approved, was now denied. Many of the
Prussian migrants had also encountered financial hardship due to the
extended emigration application process. A migration to Australia now
appeared to be impossible.

George Angas decided to personally provide funding to Kavel and the
Klemzig group. TODAY he wouldbe arrested and jailed as a people
smugglerif he did the same thing

Four ships were chartered on their behalf: the Prince George, the
Bengalee, the Zebra and the Catharina. The Prince George and the
Bengalee left Hamburg on 8 July 1838 with about 250 of the emigrants.
They travelled to Plymouth, where they picked up Pastor Kavel, and
then continued on their journey until they arrived in Port Adelaide on
20 November 1838. The Zebra left in August 1838 with 187 on board and
arrived in Holdfast Bay on 28 December. Eleven people, six adults and
five children, died on the trip. The Catharina left in September 1838
and arrived in January 1839. In all, this group of ships transported
596 migrants from Prussia to Australia.

> I wonder how many legal migrants there are
> who these people are jumping over
> It seems that there are people acting from 'political expediency'.

Hi Gladys Swager
.
Indeed the early so called gewrman migrants were themselves REFUGEEs
arriving by boat after searching the globwe for some placeto livein
peace

If we continue to INVADE muslim countries they have no choice but to
flee and find some place SAFE , like inside the empty army baracks
our soldiers should be in at Inverbrackie
.
Allum, Mahomet (1858? - 1964)

Birth: 1858?, Kandahar, Afghanistan
Death: 21 March 1964, Everard Park, Adelaide, South Australia,
Australia

Portrait of Mahomet Allum (1858? - 1964)
Mahomet Allum (1858? - 1964), by unknown photographer, 1910, courtesy
of State Library of South Australia. SLSA: B43851. .
Image Details
http://adbonline.anu.edu.au/biogs/A070049b.htm
ALLUM, MAHOMET (1858?-1964), camel-driver, herbalist and
philanthropist, was born in Kandahar, Afghanistan. Selling Arab horses
and camels to the British Army enabled him to travel through Asia; he
probably arrived in Australia between 1884 and 1890. after The Second
Anglo-Afghan War was fought between the United Kingdom and Afghanistan
from 1878 to 1880, this was the second d time British India invaded
Afghanistan.
The war ended in a manner without any definitive military outcome .
those who helped the British had to flee as refugees
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Anglo-Afghan_War
He worked with camels, delivering supplies and provisions to inland
townships and stations, and also as a station-hand, butcher,
storekeeper, sailor and mine-hand. He was in both Broken Hill and
Western Australia for some years and is known to have been in
Kalgoorlie in 1903.

In 1928 or 1929 he settled in Adelaide, at a time when dissatisfaction
with conventional medical practitioners was enabling herbalists and
faith-healers to flourish. Allum lived in Adelaide for most of his
remaining life, dispensing herbal mixtures and advice from his house
in Sturt Street, asking no payment but accepting donations and giving
freely to charities. He claimed that the gift of healing had been
handed down in his family for 400 years

In 1935 he was charged with having posed as a medical practitioner
while not registered under the Medical Practitioners Act. He
marshalled over forty witnesses to attest that he had never
represented himself as a doctor. The crown prosecutor described him as
a 'quack', a particularly cunning, very shrewd and deceitful Afghan
whose pose of humility and cloak of piety were not congruous with his
appearance and his 'vindictive methods' against the medical
profession, whose members Allum described as 'devil's agents who have
made their money their God'. He was convicted and fined, but the
publicity brought more customers.
.
Allum was in court again in 1936 for the alleged publication of
scandalous material about a police magistrate, but managed to evade
conviction.

In 1934, when he visited Afghanistan, 10,000 people had petitioned him
to remain in Adelaide. His popularity, healing powers and charity were
attested to by his patients (and himself) in published testimonials,
including many advertisements in the South Australian Police Journal,
and in a 32-page pamphlet he published.

A devout Moslem, Allum never learned to read or write English but,
aided by his wife and friends, he wrote letters to the press and
published at least fifteen pamphlets: on Islam, the Koran, illness and
his healing powers.
.
He died on 21 March 1964 at his large home at Everard Park; he was
commonly stated to have been 108, but the entry on his death
certificate was 106. The funeral procession from the mosque to the
Centennial Park cemetery was over a mile long.
.
Allum's estate, sworn for probate at £11,218, a very large sum at the
timewas nearly all willed to institutions which cared for children.
http://adbonline.anu.edu.au/biogs/A070049b.htm
Allum, Mahomet (1858? - 1964) Biographical Entry - Australian
Dictionary of Biography Online
adbonline.anu.edu.au
Allum, Mahomet (1858? - 1964) Biographical Entry - The Australian
Dictionary of Biography Online, o

kangarooistan

未讀,
2010年10月25日 上午11:28:322010/10/25
收件者:

> .
> How ironic that Inverbrackie is in the Electoral district of Kavel
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electoral_district_of_Kavel
>
> Kavel, is an electorate for the South Australian Legislative Assembly
> in the Adelaide Hills region of South Australia .includes Inverbrackie

Kavel is named after Lutheran pastor August Kavel who migrated to
South Australia from Germany in 1838 (two years after the colony was
founded) with approximately 250 people seeking freedom from religious
persecution.

>  They and later refugees and immigrants and their descendants have
> made a significant contribution to South Australia's development and
> culture.
>
> The demography of Kavel is a mixture of commuters to Adelaide who
> enjoy the country lifestyle, and farmers and other rural activities.
> It is the first predominantly rural state electorate east of Adelaide,

 PLEASE invite your interested friends

http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk=group_148825381828917
Australia’s intake of 13,750 a year makes 0.03% of the world total and
doesn’t even rank in the top 20 of industrialised countries.

Australia comes in 32nd out of 71 countries resettling refugees —
slightly behind Kazakhstan, Guinea, and Djibouti.

Australia takes too many refugees, risking an unsustainable
population.

Australia provides 13,750 places to refugee and humanitarian entrants
each year. These make up just 6.6% of the places in our overall
permanent immigration program in 2010 — the lowest it’s been since
1975.

In 2009, the Department of Immigration granted 4,338,227 permanent and
temporary visas. Refugees and humanitarian entrants made up just 0.31%
of all visas granted for the year. Clearly, refugees are not a
population problem.

What is a sustainable population for Australia is a separate debate,
but Australian cities are among the most spread out and least densely
populated in the world.

Asylum seekers and refugees get unfair welfare payments.

No asylum seeker is eligible for Centrelink (social security) payments
of any kind.

A small percentage of asylum seekers get access to the Red Cross
Asylum Seeker Assistance Scheme for a limited period of time, which
provides for an income that is 89% of the Newstart Allowance
(unemployment benefit).

Permanent refugees are eligible to receive Centrelink payments at the
same rate as other Australian permanent residents.

Benway (original non-Zionist)

未讀,
2010年10月25日 中午12:50:422010/10/25
收件者:

Every dark globalist cloud hides an insane
multicultural one-world vision. Weak minds
infested with low desires, fall prey to the major
multicultural falsehoods promoted by globalist
media drones. May their Lord Satan crap on their
shabby souls. Australia is blighted with corrupt
governments more interested in giving racketeering
developers and bloodsucker landlords what they
want, than serving the public.

Globalist politicians and media drones insist
that nations must abolish themselves for a mirage
of global government. But a government's first
duty is to its own citizens, and it has no mandate
to dissolve the nation against the wishes of
the nation's people.

*********************************

Kangaroo Court Australia

未讀,
2010年10月26日 凌晨2:28:482010/10/26
收件者:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/39901741/Complaint-of-Unlawful-Discrimination-by-Australian-Judiciary

"Specific demands are:

1. Amending the Constitution.
2. Separation of powers.
3. Legislative democracy.
4. An independent judiciary.
5. Public control of public servants.
6. Guarantee of human rights.
7. Election of public officials.
8. Rural–urban equality.
9. Freedom of association.
10. Freedom of assembly.
11. Freedom of expression.
12. Freedom of religion.
13. Civic education.
14. Protection of private property.
15. Financial and tax reform.
16. Social security.
17. Protection of the environment.
18. A federated republic.
19. Truth in reconciliation."

LODGMENT OF COMPLAINT: Further Complaint of Unlawful Racial
Discrimination, Human Rights Violations, Genocide against the
Commonwealth and Australia Judiciary and High Court Australia

Director, Complaint Handling

Australian Human Rights Commission

GPO Box 5218

SYDNEY NSW 2001

RE: Complaint of Unlawful Racial Discrimination by the
Australian Judiciary (State and Federal) and High Court Australia, the
Senate Standing Committee on Legal and Constitutional Affairs, the
Attorneys General (State and Federal), the Australian Human Rights
(and Equal Opportunity) Commission and the Australian Federal Police

Complaint of unlawful sex discrimination against the
Australian Judiciary

Complaint of breaches of Human Rights by the
aforementioned by the Commonwealth and its agencies

1. Further to the complaint on 1 October, 2010;

2. The Genocide Centre has received an email from Rebecca Gieng
presumably acting general supervisor, when the initial complaint
addressed the Director;

3. This document is taken to be lodgment of complaint, by the
Indigenous and Origines Genocide Centre; the Commission should have
courtesy to address its Director;

4. Ms Gieng indicated that “Commission can only terminate
complaints if they are lodged and accepted by the Commission”;
lodgment is taken to be a given;

5. The Genocide Centre would like to know where in the Human
Rights (and Equal Opportunity) Commission Act 1986, does it allow the
Human Rights Commission to “accept” or not accept a complaint;

6. If the Commission is too incompetent to deal with complaint,
then they should terminate the complaint immediately, so it can be
heard in the Federal Court;

7. Is it the intention of the Commission to pervert the Human
Rights Commission Act 1986?

8. This document covers unlawful racial and sex discrimination,
plus Human Rights violations by the Commonwealth and its judiciary;
both violations are related and essentially the same, both are covered
by ICCPR and ICERD, and protected under the Human Rights (and Equal
Opportunity) Commission Act 1986, RDA 1975, SDA 1992, inter alia;

9. In addition to the complaint, the question(s) to the
commission is simple: Can the Australian judiciary violate Australian
laws, including the Australian Constitution, international laws, ICERD
and ICCPR, inter alia, in exercise of “their judicial powers”;

10. Whether they are “seen to hold immunity” is irrelevant to whether
they are given immunity by any written laws;

11. Whether the Commonwealth and Attorneys General, including the
Federal, and Rob Hulls of Victoria, can use incompetent Human Rights
Commission and Court Registrars, including Rosemary Mussolino (High
Court), Joe Salemantico (sp? Victorian Supreme Court) to violate
ICCPR’s articles on access to courts and justice system;

12. In 2008 or thereabouts, the High Court Justice Michael Kirby did
opine that the High Court of Australia presided over by the Chief
Justice Robert French did make judicial decisions to deprive
Indigenous and Origines people access to the laws and courts based on
their “Aboriginality” [sic].

13. Justice Michael Kirby had written extensive United Nations papers
on judicial corruption.

14. In 2009, the Senate Standing Committee on Legal and
Constitutional Affairs deprived the Indigenous and Origines peoples,
and immigrants access to the Australian Constitution by refusing to
consider submissions to Inquiries regarding the access to law and the
role of judges;

15. The Senate Standing Committee on Legal and Constitutional Affairs
and its chairs Senators Barnett and Crossin, indicated that it was
lawful to defame the good name of Indigenous and Origines peoples, and
Immigrants without the right to reply through legal process, nor the
parliamentary process;

16. The Commonwealth has defamed the name of Indigenous and Origines
peoples, accusing them of actions and deeds that are valid and lawful
under their own laws and customs, without having made proper Treaty
arrangements;

17. The Commonwealth had deprived the Indigenous and Origines peoples
of access to the Commonwealth laws and courts by depriving them of the
Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), in full and unconditionally, in
comparison to other races;

18. The Commonwealth had deprived the Indigenous and Origines peoples
of access to International treaties ICERD and ICCPR, inter alia, in
comparison to other races;

19. The Commonwealth has engaged in Genocide against the Indigenous
and Origines peoples with the intention of wiping out their culture
and laws in part or in full; without having made proper Treaty
arrangements;

20. In M142/2007 Pham vs French & ors, Hayne J deprived Pham of
access to the law and courts by unlawfully modifying court papers and
content;

21. In VID91/2009, Middleton J opined that it was lawful for the
Commonwealth to disregard the Constitution, the Evidence Act, inter
alia, and for the Commonwealth and Judiciary to fabricate material
evidence and facts;

22. The President of the Human Rights (and Equal Opportunity)
Commission John von Doussa, another former federal court judge,
refused to terminate complaints of unlawful racial discrimination so
it can be heard in the Federal Courts, perverting the HREOCA 1986
(Cth) PO46; lodgement cannot be argued, and the Commission has no
power of non-acceptance;

23. The Australian Human Rights Commission continue to refuse to
terminate complaints so they can be heard in the Federal Court, and
continuing to pervert the Human Rights Act 1986;

24. In January 2010, a Commonwealth of Australia was put on Notice
regarding judicial corruption and perversion of justice: the Australia
Federal Police has refused to investigate judicial corruption by John
Handley (Administrative Appeals Tribunal), Paul Mentor (Sparke
Helmore), Tim de Uray (AGS), inter alia, for fabricating material
evidence and documents;

25. French, Hayne, Middleton, North, JJ, inter alia, indicated that
the sworn statements of the Australian man of Asian background was
less valid that hearsay evidence from the Commonwealth;

26. The Chief Justices High Court, Federal Court and AAT, continue to
re-run dishonorable justices include North J and Handley, without
regards for apprehended bias against immigrants, Indigenous and
Origines peoples, with the intention to pervert justice and the rule
of law; in conjunction with the Attorneys General, acting in bad
faith;

27. Gummow and Crennan JJ indicated that an Australian man of Asian
background cannot be properly heard in the High Court Australia, by
refusing oral representation;

28. The Queensland magistrate Michael O'Driscoll indicated that
calling someone “nigger and sandnigger”: "The words used were crude,
unattractive and direct but were not offensive to a reasonable
person,";

29. Christie Turner, 28, told Southport Magistrates Court she was
deeply offended when she read the one-page fax which called on the
Labor Party to tighten immigration laws against "niggers" and
"sandnigger terrorists" and Muslim women with circumcised genitals.

30. In other words, if you are a black person or woman, you are NOT
reasonable;

31. The Queensland magistrate Michael O'Driscoll may have been living
under his little rock, but “ignorance is not an excuse” for not
knowing civil rights in America where black people were lynched, nor
genocide of Indigenous and Origines people in Australia;

32. What the Mulheron case indicates is large open display of
unlawful racial discrimination right under the nose of the Australian
Human Rights Commission;

33. The Monash Legal Service in Melbourne has published reports of
Victorian Police targeting African Youth, right under the nose of the
Australian Human Rights Commission;

34. The Australian Judiciary refusing to answer questions of law by
PHAM and John Wilson; their refusal to answer questions of laws,
invalidates such laws;

35. The Australian Human Rights Commission is now asked to
investigate unlawful racial discrimination, sex discrimination and
human rights violation by the Commonwealth and the Australian
Judiciary, Federal and state police;

36. The Commission is now asked if there are exemptions in the ICERD
and ICCPR for the Commonwealth and/or Judiciary to continue violation
of International Laws and treaties, and their acts of genocide,
conspiracy to pervert justice, conspiracy to cause injury and death to
Indigenous and Origines peoples and other Australians.

Signed:

Charles PHAM

Friday, October 08, 2010

for

Indigenous & Origines Genocide Centre

Director: Robbie THORPE

Special Counsel: Charles PHAM

PO BOX 1007

Springvale

VIC 3171

=================================

Dear Charles

I refer to your recent email to the Commission.

You state that you have been discriminated against by various
organisations, including courts, the Attorney General, the Commission
and the Australian Federal Police.

I have read your email, but it is unclear what your allegations relate
to. If you feel that you have been discriminated against because of
your sex, age, race or disability, it is open for you to lodge a
complaint. Please note that the Commission can only terminate
complaints if they are lodged and accepted by the Commission.

I should also note however, that the Commission is limited in the
matters that we can consider against the Courts. The Commission's
complaint handling process does not extend to considering claims
against Judges or Magistrates when they are exercising their judicial
power as they are seen to hold immunity.

Should you have any further queries, please advise by return email.

Regards,

Rebecca Gieng
A/g Supervisor
Complaint Information Service

Australian Human Rights Commission

Level 8 Piccadilly Tower, 133 Castlereagh St, Sydney NSW 2000
GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001
T 1300 656 419 F +61 2 9284 9611
E complaintsi...@humanrights.gov.au W www.humanrights.gov.au

Human rights: NOone, NOwhere, everyday

http://www.scribd.com/doc/39901741/Complaint-of-Unlawful-Discrimination-by-Australian-Judiciary

訊息已遭刪除

kangarooistan

未讀,
2010年10月28日 上午9:39:522010/10/28
收件者:
Briggs' anti-detention bid voted down

Chris Bowen planning to visit Inverbrackie area soon
http://www.facebook.com/editgroup.php?gid=148825381828917#!/home.php?sk=group_148825381828917

A push by the Coalition to set up a Federal Parliamentary inquiry into
the Inverbrackie detention centre for the Adelaide Hills has been
defeated.

A motion put forward by the local member, Liberal MP Jamie Briggs, was
lost when crossbench members voted with Labor against it.

Mr Briggs says all South Australian federal MPs should have backed his
motion, as Adelaide Hills residents are struggling to come to terms
with the plan for a detention centre to open before the end of the
year.

"I'm disappointed in particular that Mark Butler, Nick Champion,
Amanda Rishworth, Steve Georganas, Tony Zappia all voted along party
lines and against South Australia's interests," he said.

"I'm also disappointed that the Green [from Victoria] Adam Bandt
failed to support this motion to bring on the debate."

Immigration Minister Chris Bowen says the Coalition push for an
inquiry was a stunt.

"I'm happy to engage with Mr Briggs if he genuinely wants to represent
his community, to raise issues with me, to make sure they're dealt
with," he said.

"I'm more than happy to sit down with Mr Briggs and work through those
issues.

"What I won't do is cooperate with silly stunts in the parliament."

Mr Bowen has promised ongoing consultation with the Hills community.

"I'm certainly looking at going to Inverbrackie in the near future to
talk to local authorities, to talk to the various instrumentalities
and to make sure, as we do in all the facilities, that we're open,
that it is not only having no negative impact on the community that,
if possible, it is having a positive impact," he said.

The detention centre near the Woodside army base will take in about
400 asylum seekers from December.

kangarooistan

未讀,
2010年10月29日 清晨6:14:392010/10/29
收件者:
During its 2010 visit to Christmas Island, the Commission was pleased
to observe that efforts have been made to provide people in detention
with greater access to religious representatives, religious services
and general pastoral support.

Very limited community access will be permitted at inverbrackie if
the Christmas island model is used , BUT still we can be ready for
when refugees do gain freedom ,

, further efforts are needed to meet the religious needs of the high
number of people detained on the island.

link to article
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=100851689984969#!/home.php?sk=group_148825381828917

During its 2010 visit to Christmas Island, the Commission was pleased
to observe that efforts have been made to provide people in detention
with greater access to religious representatives, religious services
and general pastoral support. However, further efforts are needed to
meet the religious needs of the high number of people detained on the
island.

Some local religious groups on Christmas Island are making significant
efforts to provide as much support to people in detention as they can.
However, as noted in past reports, the small size and limited
resources of the Christmas Island community mean that local groups are
not able to meet the religious needs of such a high number of
detainees.[300]

Local efforts have been bolstered over the past year by increased
efforts from DIAC and Serco to facilitate visits by religious
representatives from the mainland. For example, some support has been
provided to the Australian Catholic Bishops Conference, Jesuit Refugee
Service and the Sisters of Mercy to allow them to maintain a pastoral
presence on the island by sending one or two volunteers for a few
weeks or months at a time. This has increased detainees’ access to
general pastoral support, as well as access to organised religious
services for Catholic detainees.

The Commission welcomes this initiative and encourages DIAC and Serco
to extend it to other religions as well. Given the substantial
increase in the number of people detained on Christmas Island, further
efforts are required to ensure that all people in detention –
particularly those who practice a religion other than Christianity –
are provided with adequate access to religious support. In particular,
Hindu and Muslim detainees told the Commission they would appreciate
more religious visits, support and services.[301]

In addition, the Commission remains concerned that many people in
detention are not provided with the opportunity to attend religious
services outside the detention environment. This may be particularly
beneficial for those who have been in detention for a prolonged
period.
23.1 Christmas Island IDC

At the Christmas Island IDC, there are two rooms in Education 2
Compound that can be used for religious services, and occasionally
large services are held in the open court area in the gym. Some
accommodation compounds have a small room that can be used by
detainees for prayer.

Room used for religious services, Christmas Island IDC

There is a Catholic mass in the IDC each Sunday for people who wish to
attend. However, there do not appear to be regular organised services
for detainees of other religions. Some Hindu detainees told the
Commission there are no Hindu visitors.[302] For Muslim detainees,
Serco informed the Commission that the local Imam visits each Friday.
However, some Muslim detainees told the Commission there are no
organised prayer services for them.[303] They also said they had made
several requests for watering cans to allow them to wash before and
after prayers. DIAC informed the Commission they would consider
introducing watering cans or buckets to address this request.

The Commission remains concerned that very few people detained in the
Christmas Island IDC are provided with access to religious services
outside the detention environment. For a time, some Muslim detainees
were taken to prayer services at the island’s mosque, but these visits
are no longer conducted. Serco informed the Commission that visits are
conducted to the Christian Fellowship service and occasional visits
are conducted to the island’s temple. However, it is unclear how
regular these visits are. One detainee told the Commission he was
taken out to a weekly Church service.[304] Others said they do not get
the opportunity to attend services outside the IDC.[305] Records
provided by Serco indicate that over a month long period during April
and May 2010, no detainees from the IDC were taken to a religious
service in the community.[306]
23.2 Phosphate Hill immigration detention facility

Inside the Phosphate Hill immigration detention facility, there is a
small prayer room mostly used by Muslim detainees, but no other indoor
space in which to conduct organised religious services.

Prayer room, Phosphate Hill immigration detention facility

There is a Catholic mass once each week for detainees who wish to
attend, held in one of the classrooms located outside the fence line
of the facility. However, there do not appear to be any regular
services organised for people of other religions inside the facility.

The Commission is concerned that not all detainees in the Phosphate
Hill facility are provided with regular access to religious services
outside the detention environment. While Catholic detainees are able
to attend a weekly mass in a classroom next to the facility, they are
not able to attend the Catholic mass at the local Church, despite the
Church being happy to have them.[307] Records provided by Serco
indicate that over a month long period during April and May 2010, the
only religious visits conducted from Phosphate Hill were for nine
detainees taken to the mosque.[308]
23.3 Construction Camp immigration detention facility

At the Construction Camp immigration detention facility, some
accommodation blocks have a small room that detainees can use for
prayers. In other blocks, detainees pray in their own bedrooms.

Some detainees receive pastoral care visits from a Catholic priest and
nun. However, Muslim and Hindu detainees said they received no visits
from representatives of their religion.[309]

The Commission is pleased that efforts are being made to take
detainees from the Construction Camp to religious services in the
community. Hindu detainees told the Commission they were taken to the
temple on the weekend, and Catholic detainees told the Commission they
were taken to a weekly Church service.[310] Some Burmese detainees
said they were taken to prayers at the mosque, although some other
Muslim detainees said they were not provided with this opportunity.
[311]
Recommendation 24: If the Australian Government intends to continue
using Christmas Island for immigration detention purposes, DIAC
should:

* ensure that all detainees are provided with access to regular
religious services conducted by qualified religious representatives –
in particular, further efforts are required to provide this for
detainees who practice a religion other than Christianity
* ensure that detainees have access to religious services in the
community.

kangarooistan

未讀,
2010年11月1日 清晨7:25:362010/11/1
收件者:

> How ironic that Inverbrackie is in the Electoral district of Kavel
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electoral_district_of_Kavel

 PLEASE invite your interested friends

> http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk=group_148825381828917
cultures collide in adelaide hills AGAIN , been there done that
.
The fifth and final stage of a man=92s life progress came with greater
maturity long after he had attained his Wilyaru status. By now he was
an older man usually with two or more wives and several children
(Yerlitta/Father). A =91Burka=92 man was often seen as the head of his
family and an elder of great knowledge who could be called upon to
mediate in disputes between individuals and different family and
culture groups.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peramangk#Stages_of_Life_of_Peramangk_Men

The first known recorded sighting of the waterfall today called '
waterfall gully " by a colonial was that of John William Adams, an
emigrant of H.M.S. Buffalo in early January 1837, who named it "Adams'
Waterfall".
http://www.slsa.sa.gov.au/fh/passengerlists/1836Buffalo.htm

He was traveling with his wife, Susanna [ nee Fabian }and a party
consisting of Nicholson's and Breaker's who had the use of a dray to
go into the hills. Adams states "we were opposite the spot where the
Eagle on the Hill now is, and the question was put, who would
volunteer to go down the hillside to try for water".
.
ADAMS John William aged 29
ADAMS Susannah nee FABIAN 27
ADAMS Sarah aged 7
ADAMS John William jnr. aged 5
ADAMS James Joseph aged 3
ADAMS Thomas George aged 18 months
.
That the first marriage in South Australia between an Aborigine,
Kudnarto, and a European, Tom Adams, was solemnised on 27 January
1848. Kudnarto, who could read and write English would later teach her
illiterate husband to write. by German refugees on the banks of the
river Torrens in a tent.
.
The Peramangk are an Indigenous Australian people whose traditional
lands are primarily located in the Adelaide Hills, but also in the
southern stretches of the Fleurieu Peninsula, South Australia. They
were also referred to as the Mount Barker tribe, as their numbers were
noted to be greater around the Mount Barker summit[1], but Peramangk
country extends from the Barossa Valley in the north, south to
Myponga, east to Mannum and west to the Mount Lofty Ranges.

Conflicting reports show enmity between the three tribes of the
Adelaide region, the Kaurna, Ngarrindjeri and Peramangk, yet other
reports tell that the Peramangk were held with some reverence due to
their differing cultural practices.[2]

Population and traditional practices are hard to verify as shortly
after the European settlement of the Adelaide Hills, especially in
Mount Barker and Hahndorf, the Peramangk had mysteriously disappeared.
It is most likely that they integrated with the Kaurna or
Ngarrindjeri tribes.

That Ben Murray, born in 1891 had an Aboriginal mother and an Afghan
father. When he was five years old he lived with his mother at
Muloorina Station, about fifty kilometres north east of Marree.
.
Not all South Australians agreed with their government's actions in
relation to the treatment of Aborigines? In October 1897, the Adelaide
weekly The Critic, wrote; That nigger trash again! Some of the
blacktrackers in the South Australian Police Force are rigged in smart
uniforms a la white troopers, whereat the said troopers are kicking.
They want the Government to draw the colour line'.
http://www.southaustralianhistory.com.au/aborigines.htm

When Ben was about sixteen he moved to the Aboriginal mission at
Killalpaninna on the Birdsville Track.
By the time he was twenty-three Ben had his own camel team carting
wool for the nearby stations. However he was also one of several young
Aborigines who volunteered to fight in the first world war.
.
He was at Gallipoli fighting the Turks but in Palistine his luck
ran out when he was taken prisoner by the Turks.
.
http://picasaweb.google.com/kangarooistan9/GrandpaAndLeoGoForAWaKInTheParkM=
ountBarkerSouthAustraliaJune2010#5482883518956513618

Memorandum of Agreement

made this fifth day of April 1855.

Between Miss Nightingale on the one part and Mary Ann Fabian of 18
Weymouth Street of the other part.
WHEREAS the said Miss Nightingale, Superintendent, has undertaken to
provide Female Nurses for the Sick and Wounded of the British Army
serving in Turkey, AND in carrying out this object, she has agreed to
employ the said Mary Ann Fabian in the capacity of Nurse, at a Weekly
Salary varying from eighteen shillings to [blank] according to merit,
and also to provide Board and Lodging, also to pay all expenses
attendant upon the journeying to or from the present or any future
Hospital that may be appointed for the accomodation of the Sick and
Wounded of the said Army.
.
When released on Armistice day he returned to Australia and worked
along the River Murray and in the Murray Mallee.
.
Eventually he returned to the north of South Australia and was
still working well past the age of eighty years, hunting dingoes on
horseback. When he finally retired he devoted most of his spare time
helping anthropologists and linguists to map and record important
Aboriginal sites.

The use of Waterfall Gully as picnic spot was facilitated by the
decision of the government of the day not to subdivide the area
containing the waterfalls. Section 920, as it was designated, did not
enter into private hands, and thus members of the public were able to
access the area from the nearby suburb of Eagle on the Hill on Mount
Barker road.[14] Warburton (1981), p. 188.

The position of the Eagle on the Hill hotel proved advantageous for
this, as it permitted visitors to stop by for lunch before walking
down the hill in the afternoon.[15]Warburton (1981), p. 102.
.
The fifth and final stage of a man=92s life progress came with greater
maturity long after he had attained his Wilyaru status. By now he was
an older man usually with two or more wives and several children
(Yerlitta/Father). A =91Burka=92 man was often seen as the head of his
family and an elder of great knowledge who could be called upon to
mediate in disputes between individuals and different family and
culture groups.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peramangk#Stages_of_Life_of_Peramangk_Men
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
.
A Facebook Group of Concerned Citizens interested in the welfare of
the refugees in Inverbrackie, South Australia.
Also for those wanting more information about their welfare, the
emerging support developments in the regions nearby and refugee issues
in general.
*
This Group is NOT for those wishing to debate against Australia's
refugee intake, there are MANY other sites already serving this need.
We are interested in SUPPORTING the refugees of Inverbrackie in any
lawful way we can.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=3Dgroup_138858386161848&id=3D1412376492=
57255#!/home.php?sk=3Dgroup_148825381828917

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
.
Inverbrackie Refugee Support Group ~ Coffee & Chat

Time
06 November =B7 12:00 - 14:00
Location Mount Barker Public Library; near computer 15!
Created by:
Inverbrackie Refugee Support Group,
More info
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=3Dgroup_138858386161848&id=3D1412376492=
57255#!/event.php?eid=3D172549246089114
Meetings will be held every Saturday at the Mount Barker Public
Library, near computer 15, which we shall book between 12 and 1 pm to
be online as well, if possible.
.
Youngsters have a section of children's books and there's comfortable
seating too for small groups. Parking is free and the farmers market
is right next door for those wanting to buy lunch.

This group remains an ONLINE Facebook Support Group; weekly Saturday
meetings are NOT compulsory or even necessary, they are simply an
option - especially for those wanting to buy the PURPLE Bumper
Stickers and/or T-Shirts. Also, an opportunity for discussion for
those not online.

kangarooistan

未讀,
2010年12月27日 凌晨12:31:482010/12/27