Greg Hughes

Gail Bennett

Apr 2, 2003, 4:59:39 AM4/2/03
Last year I posted a query, trying to find out what happened to former TEN
Capital personality, and MIX presenter Greg Hughes.

For those who are interested, it appears Greg is still in Canberra, but as
Community Relations Director for the Department of Defence.

Former 2UE News Director Ian Kelly is the PR person at the Australian War
Memorial.

Which other former well known media bods are now public servants?

Craig Wilkes

Apr 2, 2003, 5:42:11 AM4/2/03

Gail Bennett <gben...@ozonline.com.au> wrote in message
Jeremy Lasek from WIN TV Canberra is now the PR man for the National Capital
Authority and is in the local media regularly whenever the tent embassy
rabble try to push the boundaries. He has also been on TV lately as a
victim of the bushfires, losing his house in Chapman, with him and his wife
featuring in the ABC's New Dimensions series on how people are getting their
lives back together.

Andrew Bayley

Apr 2, 2003, 8:31:20 AM4/2/03
> Which other former well known media bods are now public servants?

Ian Major, former VFL/AFL football commentator on 3KZ (and later 3EE IIRC?)
and more recently sports correspondent for 3AK, is now a spokesman for the
Country Fire Authority in Victoria.

Marcus Fitz-Gerald

Apr 2, 2003, 9:44:50 AM4/2/03
> Gail Bennett <gben...@ozonline.com.au> wrote in message
> > Which other former well known media bods are now public servants?

I wouldn't say well known but perhaps infamous after his connection to
the exciting little incident at Charlestown a couple of years ago.
Andrew? Bird aka Birdman is now a flakcatcher for an NSW govt
minister.

I wonder what happens when they have fire drills? Oh the flashabacks,
oh the pain of it all...

Marcus Fitz-Gerald
Brisbane

mar...@tpg.com.au

Music Director

Apr 2, 2003, 7:30:16 PM4/2/03
Another former KZer, Peter Meehan, is now in a PR role with Defence
Department. Speaking of CFA, Gary McQuade was in the role Maje is now
filling, but has returned to radio news at SCB.

"Andrew Bayley" <SPAM?NOTHANK...@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message

Paul Mech

Apr 2, 2003, 10:49:17 PM4/2/03
"Marcus Fitz-Gerald" <mar...@tpg.com.au> wrote in message

> I wouldn't say well known but perhaps infamous after his connection to
> the exciting little incident at Charlestown a couple of years ago.
> Andrew? Bird aka Birdman is now a flakcatcher for an NSW govt
> minister.

The last I heard about Andrew Bird was that he was media adviser (?) to
Peter Cosgrove.

Good bloke, Andrew. I remember working with him back in 1995 when he was at
Hawkesbury Radio. I used to help out on his Saturday night show.
--
Paul
Hawkesbury Radio 89.9

Wayne Mac

Apr 4, 2003, 3:23:34 AM4/4/03
Which other former well known media bods are now public servants?

I am.

Work for DEST (Education, Science & Training) though we've had several 'call
signs' over the years: DETYA, DEETYA and DEET.

In the '90s we sponsored the prog RockSat with Kevin Hillier.

Cheers
Wayne Mac
Canberra