Glenn Wheeler fired from 2UE effective immediately!

425 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Sammy

ungelesen,
26.03.2008, 02:02:5026.03.08
an
Glenn Wheeler has been fired from 2UE effective immediately!

rooste...@gmail.com

ungelesen,
26.03.2008, 03:58:0026.03.08
an
On Mar 26, 5:02 pm, Sammy <samuellawrence...@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> Glenn Wheeler has been fired from 2UE effective immediately!

Really? Why? Seems like an odd decision to me - I think Glenn was one
of the up and comers of 2UE...but then again 2UE is very weird.

Die Nachricht wurde gelöscht

scoop

ungelesen,
26.03.2008, 08:13:2126.03.08
an
On Mar 26, 7:39 pm, sav <peter.savi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> no i think the sports show is on the move

I wonder if Bill will keep his 2SM weekend
sports format ???

Google Groups
australian radio moderated
Visit this group
http://groups.google.com/group/australiab-radio-moderated/web/link-button?msg=ns

Die Nachricht wurde gelöscht

Luke O'Zade

ungelesen,
26.03.2008, 22:19:2726.03.08
an

"Sammy" <samuella...@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

> Glenn Wheeler has been fired from 2UE effective immediately!

On the cards. You could tell the time of day with his repertoire. Eating on
air whilst broadcasting. Far to opinuated for his time slot Last of all,
the monotone he used. He was far to much exposed

Die Nachricht wurde gelöscht
Die Nachricht wurde gelöscht

scoop

ungelesen,
27.03.2008, 01:43:5727.03.08
an
On Mar 27, 4:22 pm, scoop <scoop...@live.com> wrote:

> On Mar 27, 1:49 pm, newtaste <newtast...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Glenn Wheeler has been fired from 2UE effective immediately!
>
> > Last week when chatting to Don Burke about Burke getting his own early
> > morning slot, and George and Paul moving (taking over two hours of his
> > show), Wheeler was very positive and did not even give any hint that
> > there was any ill feelings.
>
> > If he has gone, means he can go back to being the ground announcer for
> > the Sharks home games.
>
> > Will he turn up on 2GB as the replacement for Jim Ball?? Alan Jones
> > once championed Wheeler's talents and first got him a job at 2GB, but
> > they had a falling out a couple of years ago so maybe not.
>
> We will have to wait and see if Glen leaves radio and thats on the
> cards.
> I mean.. where CAN he go" ?
> 2UE told me that Clive is very popular
> and the call waiting rate is very high.
> She was very adamant that Clive is not a fill in for Sport. At least
> the weekend will be interesting !
> Im listening a lot more to 2UE being drawn over byJim Ball.,
> I think to promote they need a specific TV Weekend spot
> Both 2GB and 2UE went down in the last survey on the weekends.

Clive starts on Saturday at 2UE

scoop

ungelesen,
27.03.2008, 14:02:0827.03.08
an

Clive Robertson returns to daytime radio at 2UE replacing Glenn
Wheeler on the 2pm - 6pm weekend shifts.

Die Nachricht wurde gelöscht
Die Nachricht wurde gelöscht

Luke O'Zade

ungelesen,
28.03.2008, 00:52:5128.03.08

> On Mar 26, 5:02 pm, Sammy <samuellawrence...@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

>> Glenn Wheeler has been fired from 2UE effective immediately!
>

> Stories from 2UE about a serious blowup between Glenn Wheeler and
> senior management figures at 2UE earlier this week about problems that
> happened on a station promotion at the Royal Easter Show .... I was
> away for Easter ... was Glenn Wheeler at the Show for 2UE?
>
> What was 2UE's involvement at the show this year?

They had a converted yellow Westbus based at the Show, and broadcast from
that. Wheeler did Webster's shift from there along with his usual weekend
show. He did his best but it was all to much Glenn and too much for Glenn.
Very bad planning. They even had Bocking doing Stanley's slot. Mr Robertson
stood in for Mr Bocking. It all got very messy. Much the way the station is
heading now.

KlausdB

ungelesen,
28.03.2008, 02:00:4728.03.08
an
On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 16:48:17 -0700 (PDT), Sammy
<samuella...@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

>How dreadfully dull that will be! Clive is a total depressive old
>bugger who is never happy with his lot!

Yes, relates well with his target audience ... grumpy old farts :-)

Klaus

Die Nachricht wurde gelöscht

Luke O'Zade

ungelesen,
28.03.2008, 19:31:4128.03.08
an

--
All mail in/out is scanned with
the latest definitions by

> On Mar 28, 3:52 pm, "Luke O'Zade" <No_one@home> wrote:
>> "Sammy" <samuellawrence...@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

> All aboard the Bus of Doom and Gloom! What a stupid dumbarsed idea!!
>
> It's a pity they didn't send Steve Price back to Melbourne on it!

There isn't much more in the pool to choose from is there?
It's all getting very stale. New blood perhaps? Take a gamble someone.

Die Nachricht wurde gelöscht
Die Nachricht wurde gelöscht

Glenn Hampson

ungelesen,
29.03.2008, 02:20:0029.03.08
an

"Luke O'Zade" <No_one@home> wrote in message

Hey you're too early its not April Fools Day yet....
The day some of these AM talk stations take a punt Ill bare my ass on the
Flinders St Station steps

Sammy

ungelesen,
29.03.2008, 03:25:3229.03.08
an
On Mar 29, 5:20 pm, "Glenn Hampson"

<glennhamp...@nospamoptusnet.com.au> wrote:
> "Luke O'Zade" <No_one@home> wrote in message

> > --
> > All mail in/out is scanned with
> > the latest definitions by
> > Norton AntiVirus 2005

LOL! Love to see that! Flinders St Station steps - is that some kind
of landmark in Bleak City mate?

Die Nachricht wurde gelöscht

ispy

ungelesen,
29.03.2008, 06:44:2629.03.08
an
On Mar 28, 2:01 pm, Sammy <samuellawrence...@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> On Mar 26, 5:02 pm, Sammy <samuellawrence...@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>
> > Glenn Wheeler has been fired from 2UE effective immediately!
>
> Stories from 2UE about a serious blowup between Glenn Wheeler and
> senior management figures at 2UE earlier this week about problems that
> happened on a station promotion at the Royal Easter Show .... I was
> away for Easter ... was Glenn Wheeler at the Show for 2UE?
>
> What was 2UE's involvement at the show this year?

Did Glenn Wheeler breach the Australian's commercial radio Code of
Conduct (http://www.commercialradio.com.au) and so was sacked?

Glenn Wheeler had spent time on the Easter weekend discussing the
death sentence handed down to an Vietnamese Australian in Vietnam for
drug smuggling. During the discussion on Good Friday, Wheeler called
for the death sentence to be carried out and for the Australian
Government not to intervene on behalf of this person to have the death
sentence commuted. Furthermore, Wheeler used the phase, "Die, die,
die" in direct reference to this Vietnamese Australian in calling for
the death sentence to be carried out. The commercial radio Code of
Conduct prohibits broadcasters from encouraging people to commit
suicide. Does calling for the death sentence to be carried ouf on an
identifiable person also breach the Code of Conduct.

Die Nachricht wurde gelöscht
Die Nachricht wurde gelöscht

Sammy

ungelesen,
30.03.2008, 10:15:5230.03.08
an
On Mar 30, 12:54 pm, "Glenn Hampson"> news:d9ba2a1c-c095-4c7c...@h11g2000prf.googlegroups.com...
> > Conduct?
>
> > No I doubt it and I do not believe for one minute that Glenn Wheeler's
> > sudden departure from 2UE had anything to do with any perceived breach
> > in any way .... at least that is the word coming from 2UE.
>
> Doesnt mean that wasnt at the core of it just some good spin doctoring
> though I guess the punters will never know

For a better understanding of why Glenn Wheeler was dumped by 2UE see
SMH "The Guide" Monday 31st March 08

Luke O'Zade

ungelesen,
30.03.2008, 18:06:5830.03.08
an

> For a better understanding of why Glenn Wheeler was dumped by 2UE see
> SMH "The Guide" Monday 31st March 08

Any chance of a short précis Sammy. I'm unable to get a hard copy of SMH.

Ta

newtaste

ungelesen,
31.03.2008, 19:39:4331.03.08
an
> > For a better understanding of why Glenn Wheeler was dumped by 2UE see
> > SMH "The Guide" Monday 31st March 08
>
> Any chance of a short précis Sammy. I'm unable to get a hard copy of SMH.

Sue Javes wrote in the Herald that officially Wheeler was shown the
door because of his ratings. However, she says the Wheeler was unhappy
with how the OB went at the Easter Show and sent an email to 2UE exec
Simon Ruhfus and cc'd it to other 2UE management. Ruhfus replied to
Wheeler giving an explanation. Unhappy with the reply, Wheeler sent
another email to Ruhfus and other 2UE management in which he accused
Ruhfus of "fabricating the truth". That's why he was sacked. He called
Ruhfus a liar.

Sammy

ungelesen,
31.03.2008, 20:02:5531.03.08
an

And Glenn Wheeler was most probably dead right in his appraisal - I
have not met a 100% honest radio station executive in 20 years - sadly
most are far from truthful ........... I again refer to this
classic ..........

"The radio business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long
plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die
like dogs ............... There's also a negative side."
Hunter S. Thompson

Easy FM

ungelesen,
31.03.2008, 20:50:0231.03.08
an
"Sammy" <samuella...@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

It's truly wonderful how that misquote has found its way into general use.

The real quote, however is as follows and was from Hunter S. Thompson's book
called "Generation of Swine: Tales of Shame and Degradation in the '80s,"
published by Summit Books in 1988:

"The TV business is uglier than most things. It is normally perceived as
some kind of cruel and shallow money trench through the heart of the
journalism industry, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free
and good men die like dogs, for no good reason."

As for the phantom tag line, "There's also a negative side," it's nowhere to
be found in the original article. Nice joke, but Thompson didn't write it.

(Source: David Emery - Your Guide To Urban Legends)

Die Nachricht wurde gelöscht

Luke O'Zade

ungelesen,
31.03.2008, 22:44:1931.03.08
an

"newtaste" <newta...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Thanks for that. It seems the writing may have been on the wall for Mr
Wheeler.

Die Nachricht wurde gelöscht
Die Nachricht wurde gelöscht

Sammy

ungelesen,
01.04.2008, 04:21:4001.04.08
an

Here is an exact transcript of the article from "The Guide" Monday,
31st March 08 ............

After losing one job for sending an ill-considered email, you'd think
Glenn Wheeler would have learnt to be more careful. But no, it has
brought him unstuck again. A few years ago, Wheeler lost his job at
2GB after sending an email to colleagues asking whether it was true
CEO Angela Clark had been dumped. She hadn't but Wheeler soon was. On
Wednesday, he was escorted from the building after being told his
ratings weren't up to scratch. It seemed a bit of an overreaction by
2UE management, considering most of its presenters are struggling in
the ratings. But there's more to it. Wheeler was unhappy with 2UE's
outside broadcast arrangements at the Royal Easter Show last week and
sent an email of complaint to general manager Simon Ruhfus, with
copies to other senior executives. Ruhfus addressed Wheeler's
criticisms in a return email but Wheeler, unsatisfied, shot off
another email to the group in which he accused the general manager of
"fabricating the truth". Wheeler has been replaced by Clive Robertson.
Ruhfus says it's part of a broader plan to revamp weekend programming
and to capitalise on George Moore and Paul B Kidd's healthy lead-in to
the afternoon shift, but staff believe the email played a significant
part in the decision.

Die Nachricht wurde gelöscht
Die Nachricht wurde gelöscht
0 neue Nachrichten