The 'What ever happened to/Where are they now' thread

Forum Retard

Nov 13, 2004, 4:45:43 AM11/13/04
Dion Pittendreigh ex 5PBA/3CS Colac...last i heard he was at ABC
Broken Hill.....good guy to work with he was.

Rod Anderson ex 3CS Colac

Mark Girdwood ex 3XY/BayFM

Dave Gibney ex 3XY/BayFM

Ronnie Swinteck ex 3XY/BayFM

Rob Elliot ex 3XY/BayFM/Wheel of fortune and many others

John Peters ex EON/3MMM and many others

Penny Cooper ex 5MMM

Fletch (Ex Mobbs and Fletch on 3MMM)

Geoff Fisher (3WM/Ace Radio morning show host)

Feel free to add your list people :)

The Moving Roadblock

Nov 13, 2004, 5:08:58 AM11/13/04

> Penny Cooper ex 5MMM

B105 mornings now

Wayne Mac

Nov 13, 2004, 5:23:41 PM11/13/04

"Forum Retard" <otw...@gmail.com> wrote in message>

> Geoff Fisher (3WM/Ace Radio morning show host)
>
> Feel free to add your list people :)

For some years years now Geoff has been PD with MIX-106.3 and FM104.7
Canberra.

WM

CrowdedHouse

Nov 13, 2004, 11:57:40 PM11/13/04
> John Peters ex EON/3MMM and many others

Voicing Mid-Dawns On Gold 104 (after the sexy voice shift of Miss
Vicki - hey - she sounds OK!)

> Dave Gibney ex 3XY/BayFM

If it's the same Gibbo I'm thinking off, wasn't he PD/Breakast at
Geelong's Country FM (Now Hit Country 89.3 - due to a coup)?

I though you would have known those two Al.

BY the way, what happened to Ken Lane and John Hood, who both use to
be on Bay FM, then The Pulse?

CrowdedHouse (ahhhhh - not much to say here)

Comin' Up

Nov 14, 2004, 2:37:40 AM11/14/04
What happened to the below announcers from the 80's, 90's & Now:-

Ray Arthur - ex 2MMM
Peter Armstrong - ex 2MMM
Bruce Stalder - ex 2MMM
Sue Moses - ex 2MMM
Trevor Jackson - ex 2MMM & Mix106.5
John Bell - ex 2MMM, 2Day-FM, 2UW & Mix106.5
Breandon Wood - ex Coast Rock / Sea-FM Gosford NSW
Lyndon Waygood - ex Coast Rock / 2GO Gosford
Jim Morrision - ex NX-FM & NEW-FM
David Dwyer - ex 2WS
Solomon Gates - ex Mix106.5

Mobbs

Nov 14, 2004, 5:29:54 AM11/14/04
Ken Lane is living in the USA

Mobbs

In article <61ff7ef8.0411...@posting.google.com>,
peterhol...@gmail.com says...

George

Nov 14, 2004, 7:18:33 AM11/14/04

> Ray Arthur - ex 2MMM
> Peter Armstrong - ex 2MMM
> Bruce Stalder - ex 2MMM
> Sue Moses - ex 2MMM
> Trevor Jackson - ex 2MMM & Mix106.5
> John Bell - ex 2MMM, 2Day-FM, 2UW & Mix106.5
> Breandon Wood - ex Coast Rock / Sea-FM Gosford NSW
> Lyndon Waygood - ex Coast Rock / 2GO Gosford
> Jim Morrision - ex NX-FM & NEW-FM
> David Dwyer - ex 2WS

> Solomon Gates - ex Mix106.5

Was lecturing at AFTRS a year or so ago...I believe he is still doing
vo's

As an avid listener of 2KA / ONE FM in Penrith many years ago, here
are a few names that have disppeared from the wireless...Many are
still on Sydney Radio today such as Jason Bouman (MIX), Brian Sanders
(2DAY/Triple M Traffic), Tad Pierson (2SM), Richard Mercer (MIX), Don
Moxham (2GB Traffic), David Archer (C91.3) and so on....however does
anyone know what happened to:

Reg Dowton
Shon Walker (local newsreader)
Kerryn Banks " "
Jenny Tallman " "
Paul Bentley " "
Adrian Zorec (did Sunday mornings)
Ian Taylor (did night time 1993 and drive 1995+)
Steve Wisbey (breakfast around 1996)
Big Ben Nastasi (drive shift around 1994??)
Pete Hill (arvos around 1995)
Kerry Denten (drive during early 90's..... was around for 7 or so
years)
Marcus Paul (nighttime around 1996)
Damien Carbon (breakfast after ARN takeover) with Jo Abi before Mark
Hine came aboard!

Harold

Nov 14, 2004, 7:44:26 AM11/14/04

"George" <georgewh...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

<edit>

> As an avid listener of 2KA / ONE FM in Penrith many years ago, here
> are a few names that have disppeared from the wireless...Many are
> still on Sydney Radio today such as Jason Bouman (MIX), Brian Sanders
> (2DAY/Triple M Traffic), Tad Pierson (2SM), Richard Mercer (MIX), Don
> Moxham (2GB Traffic), David Archer (C91.3) and so on....however does
> anyone know what happened to:
>
> Reg Dowton
> Shon Walker (local newsreader)

Shon is now at ABC Newsradio
< http://www.abc.net.au/newsradio/shon.htm >

Comin' Up

Nov 14, 2004, 5:45:24 PM11/14/04
Reg Downton was at 3BA Ballarat around late 2001. He has worked at 2MC
around 1992, Zoo-FM / 2DU Dubbo late 90's and casually at KO-FM
Newcastle late 2000 / early 2001.
Ian Taylor at Triple Z Lismore 10am-2pm or was
Marcus Paul was on C91.3 a few weeks ago, just casually though

Paul Nicholson

Nov 14, 2004, 5:51:18 PM11/14/04
There were at least two jocks named Steve Murphy. One was on 3MP and another
(or was it the same person) became a press secretary (or whatever the
current term is) in the Kennett Government. One of these people also helped
out with some "stings" for community radio.

Paul in Melbourne

"Comin' Up" <comi...@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message

Glenn Hampson

Nov 14, 2004, 5:26:07 PM11/14/04
Paul Bentley is police reporter for 3AW....
G.

Glenn Hampson

Nov 14, 2004, 6:34:19 PM11/14/04
The Kennet Steve Murphy still does fill ins on 3AW.....
"Paul Nicholson" <p...@bigpond.com> wrote in message

Harold

Nov 14, 2004, 9:00:50 PM11/14/04

"Glenn Hampson" <gham...@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message

> The Kennet Steve Murphy still does fill ins on 3AW.....
> "Paul Nicholson" <p...@bigpond.com> wrote in message
>> There were at least two jocks named Steve Murphy. One was on 3MP and
>> another (or was it the same person) became a press secretary (or whatever
>> the current term is) in the Kennett Government. One of these people also
>> helped out with some "stings" for community radio.
>>
>> Paul in Melbourne

The Kennett Steve Murphy also worked at 3UZ when it was still 3UZ.

marmot

Nov 14, 2004, 11:57:51 PM11/14/04
peterhol...@gmail.com (CrowdedHouse) wrote in message news:<61ff7ef8.0411...@posting.google.com>...

John Hood (last time I saw him ) was going to the UK. He was at Pulse FM .

Artie

Nov 15, 2004, 4:13:25 AM11/15/04
Ken Lane, now there's a name... failed to turn for his casual shift on
mid-dawns at KZ....the night of the Christmas Party - Guess which bunny
(barely sober) had to cover the shift.

Artie (OK no bloody prizes for guessing)

<mobbs@ GOAWAYkrock.com.au (Mobbs)> wrote in message

Simon

Nov 15, 2004, 5:42:22 AM11/15/04
"John Hood"

Bendigo nowadays from memory.

StereoSimon

Simon

Nov 15, 2004, 5:46:40 AM11/15/04
Peter Armstrong - ex 2MMM - ah yes "The Real Pete Armstrong - where is
he?
Trevor Jackson - ex 2MMM - TJ the DJ -
Breandon Wood - ex Coast Rock / Sea-FM Gosford NSW - try B105 Brisbane
nowadays.
Lyndon Waygood - ex Coast Rock / 2GO Gosford - good guy.Was mates with
Stereo Steve Carline(now 2WS).

StereoSimon

Simon

Nov 15, 2004, 5:48:41 AM11/15/04
"Ronnie Swinteck ex 3XY/BayFM"

Good girl(nudge wink).After 2MMM didn't Ronnie
end up with Mulray @ the Basement?

StereoSimon

Wayne Mac

Nov 15, 2004, 5:54:25 AM11/15/04

"Simon" <stere...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

I believe Trevor Jackson is in Tassie with the ABC.

Mac.

Comin' Up

Nov 15, 2004, 6:12:15 AM11/15/04
Maybe there are three Steve Murphy's. The one in Melbourne, another at
DMG / Camberra & the third at 2CH & 2GB.

There are also two Pete Davis's. One at KO-FM Newcastle & the other at
MIX in Darwin.

regmowat

Nov 15, 2004, 11:23:37 PM11/15/04
well I'm busy making ads for Paul Hardy here in Ballarat trying to pay
off my fines from workcover.
It sure takes a long time to pay back $10,000 plus court costs.

ta...@msn.com

Aug 27, 2016, 11:09:30 PM8/27/16
Tad Pierson - known to have done fill-in gigs on 2GN Goulburn between 2006 - 2014 - semi-retired - keeps a hand in doing Community Radio on 2MCE in Bathurst from 2013 - present - doing pop-culture on Cult Fiction of a Friday afternoon between 2 - 4, as well as the odd Saturday Night Jukebox - live streaming on 2MCE.ORG - just sayin' :)