Werner Wulf?

Jeßus

Sep 24, 2007, 1:38:51 AM9/24/07
Something I've been meaning to ask...

Whatever happened to WW?
He used to make some great antennas, there is next to nothing about him
on the Net either.
I assume he is a silent key now - but a little surprised at the lack of
any mention of him these days

?

George W. Frost

Sep 24, 2007, 4:23:23 AM9/24/07

"Jeßus" <no...@all.org> wrote in message

I bought a 4 element 20 meters monobander from him about 20 years ago or so,

He delivered it from Melbourne to my place over 300 kilometrres away
one Sunday, he arrived at the door unannounced, he decided to take his wife
for a drive
He is? a very nice person to know
I met the people who took over his antenna business at a convention years
ago
but didn't keep any information on who or where they were

Jeßus

Sep 24, 2007, 4:40:58 AM9/24/07
George W. Frost wrote:
> "Jeßus" <no...@all.org> wrote in message
>> Something I've been meaning to ask...
>>
>> Whatever happened to WW?
>> He used to make some great antennas, there is next to nothing about him on
>> the Net either.
>> I assume he is a silent key now - but a little surprised at the lack of
>> any mention of him these days
>
> I bought a 4 element 20 meters monobander from him about 20 years ago or so,
>
> He delivered it from Melbourne to my place over 300 kilometrres away
> one Sunday, he arrived at the door unannounced, he decided to take his wife
> for a drive
> He is? a very nice person to know

I always found him to be friendly and always willing to take the time to
have a chat. Was never in a hurry.
I took a rather long break from radio (1992-2005) and in that time he
seems to have vanished(?) I bought one of his V-Quads, which I certainly
couldn't fault... excellent low radiation angle even with a low mounting
height, without the bulk/flimsiness of a cubical quad. I ended up
modding it from 2 to 4 elements, was brilliant.

> I met the people who took over his antenna business at a convention years
> ago
> but didn't keep any information on who or where they were

I have a feeling that might be Coman antennas??? I read an old radio mag
recently and his advertised antennas sounded a lot like Werner's designs.

f boy

Sep 24, 2007, 10:00:09 PM9/24/07

I maybe wrong but I thought that Andy Coman (COM-AN-TENNAS) had bought
his business

Jeßus

Sep 24, 2007, 11:53:24 PM9/24/07

I've seen an old ad of his, and the antennas sure sound like Werner's
designs, so yeah I think you're right.

maxpowervk

Sep 25, 2007, 12:01:19 AM9/25/07
I have an article from Amateur Radio Action, Antenna Book 4, which
states that Werner Wulf had sold his business to Derek Tomlinson
VK3ZHT. I can't find a date on the magazine but I am guessing it was
published about1986. The new company was called Tomlinson
Communications and had a factory in Tullamarine.
I had heard that the company was later sold to Andy Coman but that is
only hear say.
The add for Tomlinson Communications lists most of the same antennas
that Werner sold and is very similiar to the add Comantennas has now
running in Amateur Radio magazine.

Jeßus

Sep 25, 2007, 3:09:06 AM9/25/07
maxpowervk wrote:
> I have an article from Amateur Radio Action, Antenna Book 4, which
> states that Werner Wulf had sold his business to Derek Tomlinson
> VK3ZHT. I can't find a date on the magazine but I am guessing it was
> published about1986.

I do know for certain that I had bought an antenna from Werner in 1991,
so he was still in business at that time at least. But the name Derek
Tomlinson does sound familiar in some way.

Simon Templar

Sep 25, 2007, 3:22:27 AM9/25/07

I heard Werner sold his business and bought it back at one stage, before
selling it again.

--
The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may
belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM.
<http://web.acma.gov.au/pls/radcom/client_search.client_lookup?pCLIENT_NO=157452>

VK4TI

Sep 28, 2007, 6:21:14 AM9/28/07
On Sep 25, 5:22 pm, Simon Templar <use...@vk3xem.net> wrote:
> Jeßus wrote:
> > maxpowervk wrote:
> >> I have an article from Amateur Radio Action, Antenna Book 4, which
> >> states that Werner Wulf had sold his business to Derek Tomlinson
> >> VK3ZHT. I can't find a date on the magazine but I am guessing it was
> >> published about1986.
I seemed to recall Werner had a WW in his callsign and checking ACMA
VK3BWW is still licensed to a W Wulf.

> > I do know for certain that I had bought an antenna from Werner in 1991,
> > so he was still in business at that time at least. But the name Derek
> > Tomlinson does sound familiar in some way.
>
> I heard Werner sold his business and bought it back at one stage, before
> selling it again.
>
> --
> The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may
> belong to.
>
> 73 de Simon, VK3XEM.

> <http://web.acma.gov.au/pls/radcom/client_search.client_lookup?pCLIENT...>

Jeßus

Oct 2, 2007, 7:09:47 PM10/2/07
Simon Templar wrote:
> Jeßus wrote:
>> maxpowervk wrote:
>>> I have an article from Amateur Radio Action, Antenna Book 4, which
>>> states that Werner Wulf had sold his business to Derek Tomlinson
>>> VK3ZHT. I can't find a date on the magazine but I am guessing it was
>>> published about1986.
>>
>> I do know for certain that I had bought an antenna from Werner in
>> 1991, so he was still in business at that time at least. But the name
>> Derek Tomlinson does sound familiar in some way.
>
> I heard Werner sold his business and bought it back at one stage, before
> selling it again.

Could well be, cheers

--
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they
are free - Goethe

Jeßus

Oct 2, 2007, 7:10:42 PM10/2/07
VK4TI wrote:
> On Sep 25, 5:22 pm, Simon Templar <use...@vk3xem.net> wrote:
>> Jeßus wrote:
> I seemed to recall Werner had a WW in his callsign and checking ACMA
> VK3BWW is still licensed to a W Wulf.

Ah well, he is still kicking around then, thanks for the info :)

gran...@dodo.com.au

Oct 4, 2014, 4:30:12 PM10/4/14
On Monday, September 24, 2007 6:23:23 PM UTC+10, George W. Frost wrote:
> "Jeßus" <no...@all.org> wrote in message
> > Something I've been meaning to ask...
> >
> > Whatever happened to WW?
> > He used to make some great antennas, there is next to nothing about him on
> > the Net either.
> > I assume he is a silent key now - but a little surprised at the lack of
> > any mention of him these days
> >
> >Hello , l just came across your question, whatever happened to ww Werner Wulf? l,m his daughter Sigrid. Dad (Werner) and mum are well and truly retired and are well for there age.Dad is 86 in December 2014.

Je�us

Oct 9, 2014, 5:27:50 PM10/9/14
On Sat, 4 Oct 2014 13:30:11 -0700 (PDT), gran...@dodo.com.au wrote:

>On Monday, September 24, 2007 6:23:23 PM UTC+10, George W. Frost wrote:
>> "Je�us" <no...@all.org> wrote in message
Flashback?

wulfan...@gmail.com

Oct 28, 2016, 6:15:17 AM10/28/16
Hallo Sigrid, ich glaube, wir sind verwandt. Mein Mann Rainer Wulf und ich haben vor zwanzig Jahren Werner Wulf, der ein Vetter meines Mannes ist, in Melbourne während einer Australienreise besucht. Nach einiger Zeit ist der Briefkontakt dann leider abgerissen. Wir sind jetzt auf einer Reise in Neuseeland und werden am 30. Oktober nach Melbourne fliegen. Deshalb haben wir im Internet nach Werner gesucht und diese Nachricht gefunden. Über eine Antwort würden wir uns freuen.
Anne und Rainer Wulf aus Hagen, Deutschland