[VK2KFJ] my Radioddity GD-77 DMR handheld radio update

VK2KFJ via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin

May 6, 2022, 12:51:17 PM5/6/22

VK2KFJ Blog

my Radioddity GD-77 DMR handheld radio update

https://vk2kfj.blogspot.com/2022/05/my-radioddity-gd-77-dmr-handheld-radio.html

today, I decided to update my GD77 handheld, as I noticed that
Brandmeister TG 50526 (VK2GWY-CCARC) had sprung into life yesterday,
presumably a new gateway had been added by the CCARC club (aka VK2RAG),
first I had to setup the GD77 Programming Software on my laptop, as when I
last updated it, I was then using a WINXP PC. I installed the latest
version 3.1.9, which is the same I had used on the old PC.
Checking the Radioddity website I noticed there had been some firmware
updates since last time, my GD77 was currently using ver 4.02.08, and the
latest is 4.03.09, so I downloaded the firmware, ran the firmware installer
and updated the firmware (without bricking the device) successfully to ver
4.03.09, which was confirmed when I did a Read of the device using the
Radioddity GD77 Programming Software. DSP version remains the same at
HRC6000 ver 1.2
I made my changes doing a shuffle of some TG's and adding TG50526
(VK2GWY-CCARC) for my Brandmeister Group.
The updated GD77 codeplug is now installed and operational.
I also updated my Motorola XTS3000 today as well, to remove some repeater
channels that have been redeployed as VK-DMR repeaters and shuffle a couple
P25 channels around and uploaded that new codeplug into the XTS3000.