Defenseless Gunless Farmers in Australia are burning their own crops.

phrases

Jun 19, 2021, 4:38:51 AM6/19/21
They’re desperate to escape an epic plague infesting their hay. First came
the drought. Then, the floods.

Now, the mice.

‘You can’t get rid of the smell
because they die in the walls’
The mice are invading homes. They’re destroying crops. They’re
chewing through appliances, sofas, cars — and livelihoods.

https://www.washingtonpost.com//world/interactive/2021/australia-mouse-
plague-mice/

Wotawonderfulworld

Jun 19, 2021, 6:31:12 AM6/19/21
phrases <ra...@aus.com> wrote in news:XnsAD4E10C...@0.0.0.1:
Er i'm a farmer and i have guns... Not sure wha you want me to do with a
mouse plauge though

Didn't help the yanks with the cicadas, mind you I'm sure a lot of you ran
around with AR-15's,

Idiot

Dechucka

Jun 19, 2021, 5:54:29 PM6/19/21
On 19/06/2021 8:31 pm, Wotawonderfulworld wrote:
> phrases <ra...@aus.com> wrote in news:XnsAD4E10C...@0.0.0.1:
>
>> They’re desperate to escape an epic plague infesting their hay. First
>> came the drought. Then, the floods.
>>
>> Now, the mice.
>>
>> ‘You can’t get rid of the smell
>> because they die in the walls’
>> The mice are invading homes. They’re destroying crops. They’re
>> chewing through appliances, sofas, cars — and livelihoods.
>>

>> https://www.washingtonpost.com//world/interactive/2021/australia-mouse-
>> plague-mice/
>>

> Er i'm a farmer and i have guns... Not sure wha you want me to do with a
> mouse plauge though

I shoot them and get their heads mounted on little display boards,
running out of space. Also have to be careful because when you hit them
with a .223 there isn't much left

> Didn't help the yanks with the cicadas, mind you I'm sure a lot of you ran
> around with AR-15's,

Trump wanted to nuke cyclones so you can understand the stupidity of
some septics

Klaus Schadenfreude

Jun 19, 2021, 6:52:47 PM6/19/21
On Sun, 20 Jun 2021 07:54:21 +1000, Dechucka <Dech...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On 19/06/2021 8:31 pm, Wotawonderfulworld wrote:
>> phrases <ra...@aus.com> wrote in news:XnsAD4E10C...@0.0.0.1:
>>
>>> They’re desperate to escape an epic plague infesting their hay. First
>>> came the drought. Then, the floods.
>>>
>>> Now, the mice.
>>>
>>> ‘You can’t get rid of the smell
>>> because they die in the walls’
>>> The mice are invading homes. They’re destroying crops. They’re
>>> chewing through appliances, sofas, cars — and livelihoods.
>>>

>>> https://www.washingtonpost.com//world/interactive/2021/australia-mouse-
>>> plague-mice/
>>>

>> Er i'm a farmer and i have guns... Not sure wha you want me to do with a
>> mouse plauge though
>
>I shoot them and get their heads mounted on little display boards,
>running out of space. Also have to be careful because when you hit them
>with a .223 there isn't much left

Your government wouldn't allow you to buy that much ammo. You'd be put
on a terrorist watch list.

>> Didn't help the yanks with the cicadas, mind you I'm sure a lot of you ran
>> around with AR-15's,
>
>Trump wanted to nuke cyclones so you can understand the stupidity of
>some septics

What's your source on this? Besides "anonymous," that is.

Klaus Schadenfreude

Jun 19, 2021, 7:00:05 PM6/19/21
On Sat, 19 Jun 2021 08:38:49 -0000 (UTC), phrases <ra...@aus.com>
wrote:
It's mostly eastern Australia.

Be happy to nuke it for you. Let us know!

Dechucka

Jun 19, 2021, 7:13:04 PM6/19/21
snip

>>> Er i'm a farmer and i have guns... Not sure wha you want me to do with a
>>> mouse plauge though
>>
>> I shoot them and get their heads mounted on little display boards,
>> running out of space. Also have to be careful because when you hit them
>> with a .223 there isn't much left
>
> Your government wouldn't allow you to buy that much ammo. You'd be put
> on a terrorist watch list.

Whoooosh

>>> Didn't help the yanks with the cicadas, mind you I'm sure a lot of you ran
>>> around with AR-15's,
>>
>> Trump wanted to nuke cyclones so you can understand the stupidity of
>> some septics
>
> What's your source on this? Besides "anonymous," that is.

Oh fake news is it :-). Oh well as you say Trump is yesterdays man
kicked out well and truly by your States in a free and fair election.

Klaus Schadenfreude

Jun 19, 2021, 7:34:08 PM6/19/21
On Sun, 20 Jun 2021 09:12:56 +1000, Dechucka <Dech...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>snip

>>> I shoot them and get their heads mounted on little display boards,
>>> running out of space. Also have to be careful because when you hit them
>>> with a .223 there isn't much left
>>
>> Your government wouldn't allow you to buy that much ammo. You'd be put
>> on a terrorist watch list.
>
>Whoooosh

Whoosh is right. Only amateurs shoot .223

>>> Trump wanted to nuke cyclones so you can understand the stupidity of
>>> some septics
>>
>> What's your source on this? Besides "anonymous," that is.
>
>Oh fake news is it :-). Oh well as you say Trump is yesterdays man
>kicked out well and truly by your States in a free and fair election.

So, I'll put you down for "none," as I already figured.

Dechucka

Jun 19, 2021, 7:47:59 PM6/19/21
It's fake news, Trump told you so

Klaus Schadenfreude

Jun 19, 2021, 8:00:24 PM6/19/21
On Sun, 20 Jun 2021 09:47:53 +1000, Dechucka <Dech...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>>> Whoooosh
>>
>> Whoosh is right. Only amateurs shoot .223

[crickets.wav] (© 2021 All Rights Reserved)

>>> Oh fake news is it :-). Oh well as you say Trump is yesterdays man
>>> kicked out well and truly by your States in a free and fair election.
>>
>> So, I'll put you down for "none," as I already figured.
>>

>It's fake news, Trump told you so

Yet another response without a source.

Why, I'm beginning to suspect you don't HAVE one!

LOL

Henry Briggs

Jun 19, 2021, 8:33:22 PM6/19/21
Interesting article I read recently where the author analysed the much
loved 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution - history shows (according
to the article) stupid illiterate Americans were allowed to have guns,
to control the slaves.

And the workers in low paid jobs in the U$SA are still slaves, being
paid USD9-00 per hour.

Klaus Schadenfreude

Jun 19, 2021, 8:36:15 PM6/19/21
On Sun, 20 Jun 2021 10:31:05 +1000, Henry Briggs
<only.loser...@fran.the.loser.com> wrote:

>And the workers in low paid jobs in the U$SA are still slaves, being
>paid USD9-00 per hour.

Always good to hear from someone too fucking stupid to know what the
word "slave" means.

LOL

Wotawonderfulworld

Jun 19, 2021, 9:35:10 PM6/19/21
Klaus Schadenfreude <klaus.schadenfreude.entfernen.@gmail.com> wrote in

> On Sun, 20 Jun 2021 09:12:56 +1000, Dechucka <Dech...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>snip

>>> Your government wouldn't allow you to buy that much ammo. You'd be
>>> put on a terrorist watch list.
>>
>>Whoooosh
>
> Whoosh is right. Only amateurs shoot .223

Really ? What do you and ht eother professionals use to shoot mice ?

Fran

Jun 19, 2021, 9:50:51 PM6/19/21
Hey Troll, read your own cite! Not a single mention of guns.

And Troll, I lived on a farm till we recently retired and I owned guns.

Fran

Jun 19, 2021, 9:54:58 PM6/19/21
On 19/06/2021 8:31 pm, Wotawonderfulworld wrote:
> phrases <ra...@aus.com> wrote in news:XnsAD4E10C...@0.0.0.1:
>
>> They’re desperate to escape an epic plague infesting their hay. First
>> came the drought. Then, the floods.
>>
>> Now, the mice.
>>
>> ‘You can’t get rid of the smell
>> because they die in the walls’
>> The mice are invading homes. They’re destroying crops. They’re
>> chewing through appliances, sofas, cars — and livelihoods.
>>

>> https://www.washingtonpost.com//world/interactive/2021/australia-mouse-
>> plague-mice/
>>

> Er i'm a farmer and i have guns... Not sure wha you want me to do with a
> mouse plauge though

Blast away at the nasty meeces?

It didn't read it's own cite. If it had, it'd know there was no mention
of guns. AND, if it knew anything about guns, it'd know that a farmer
who can kill 7,000 mice in a single night using a simple water trap
won't do that with a gun
> Didn't help the yanks with the cicadas, mind you I'm sure a lot of you ran
> around with AR-15's,
>
> Idiot

Yep.

Fran

Jun 19, 2021, 9:55:43 PM6/19/21
On 20/06/2021 7:54 am, Dechucka wrote:
> On 19/06/2021 8:31 pm, Wotawonderfulworld wrote:
>> phrases <ra...@aus.com> wrote in news:XnsAD4E10C...@0.0.0.1:
>>
>>> They’re desperate to escape an epic plague infesting their hay. First
>>> came the drought. Then, the floods.
>>>
>>> Now, the mice.
>>>
>>> ‘You can’t get rid of the smell
>>> because they die in the walls’
>>> The mice are invading homes. They’re destroying crops. They’re
>>> chewing through appliances, sofas, cars — and livelihoods.
>>>

>>> https://www.washingtonpost.com//world/interactive/2021/australia-mouse-
>>> plague-mice/
>>>

>> Er i'm a farmer and i have guns... Not sure wha you want me to do with a
>> mouse plauge though
>
> I shoot them and get their heads mounted on little display boards,
> running out of space.

LOL.

Also have to be careful because when you hit them
> with a .223 there isn't much left
>>
>> Didn't help the yanks with the cicadas, mind you I'm sure a lot of you
>> ran
>> around with AR-15's,
>
> Trump wanted to nuke cyclones so you can understand the stupidity of
> some septics

True dat!

Fran

Jun 19, 2021, 10:07:25 PM6/19/21
On 20/06/2021 9:12 am, Dechucka wrote:
> snip

>>> I shoot them and get their heads mounted on little display boards,
>>> running out of space. Also have to be careful because when you hit them
>>> with a .223 there isn't much left
>>
>> Your government wouldn't allow you to buy that much ammo. You'd be put
>> on a terrorist watch list.
>
> Whoooosh

:-)) Indeed.

A Farmer in the cite says on the first night he drowned 7,000 mice,
second night 3,000 mice, third night and subsequent nights average kill
is 1,000 mice. So that's 14,000 mice in a week. Drowned. Nice and
cheap and effective.

Yet some dimwit likes to pretend that if he buys 14,000 rounds of ammo
in a week he won't draw the attention of anyone. Ya can only laugh at
such naivety, lack of intellect and of common sense.

Fran

Jun 19, 2021, 10:09:50 PM6/19/21
On 20/06/2021 11:35 am, Wotawonderfulworld wrote:
> Klaus Schadenfreude <klaus.schadenfreude.entfernen.@gmail.com> wrote in
>
>> On Sun, 20 Jun 2021 09:12:56 +1000, Dechucka <Dech...@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> snip

>>> Whoooosh
>>
>> Whoosh is right. Only amateurs shoot .223
>>

> Really ? What do you and ht eother professionals use to shoot mice ?

LOL.

We've hired profession roo shooters but never professional mouse
shooters. That must be a US based professional shooter

max headroom

Jun 20, 2021, 12:08:44 AM6/20/21
Wotawonderfulworld wrote:

> phrases <ra...@aus.com> wrote in news:XnsAD4E10C...@0.0.0.1:

>> They’re desperate to escape an epic plague infesting their hay. First
>> came the drought. Then, the floods.

>> Now, the mice.

>> ‘You can’t get rid of the smell
>> because they die in the walls’
>> The mice are invading homes. They’re destroying crops. They’re
>> chewing through appliances, sofas, cars — and livelihoods.

>> https://www.washingtonpost.com//world/interactive/2021/australia-mouse-
>> plague-mice/

> Er i'm a farmer and i have guns... Not sure wha you want me to do with a
> mouse plauge[sic] though

You're a farmer and you're unfamiliar with rodenticides?

> Didn't help the yanks with the cicadas,...

Harmless little cicadas? Why would we hurt them?

> ... mind you I'm sure a lot of you ran
> around with AR-15's,

Envy becomes you.

> Idiot

You need to put a separator before your sig.

max headroom

Jun 20, 2021, 12:15:08 AM6/20/21
Wotawonderfulworld wrote:

> Klaus Schadenfreude <klaus.schadenfreude.entfernen.@gmail.com> wrote in
>> On Sun, 20 Jun 2021 09:12:56 +1000, Dechucka <Dech...@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> snip

>>> Whoooosh

>> Whoosh is right. Only amateurs shoot .223

> Really ? What do you and ht eother professionals use to shoot mice ?

BB guns, of course. You DO have BB guns, right?

Michael Lewis

Jun 20, 2021, 12:15:56 AM6/20/21
Fran <f2r...@loonynutters.com> wrote in news:sam6tp$3dn$1...@dont-email.me:
Operative word "owned", past tense. Were you disarmed by your nanny
government or did you drink too much and forget where you left them?

max headroom

Jun 20, 2021, 12:24:44 AM6/20/21
Americans enjoyed the rights of all British subjects to keep and bear
arms before the Revolution, and we certainly didn't surrender them when
we fought and won our independence.

Didn't Aussies have the same rights before the Brits granted Oz its
independence?

> And the workers in low paid jobs in the U$SA are still slaves, being
> paid USD9-00 per hour.

That's like, what, $100AUS?

Henry Briggs

Jun 20, 2021, 12:42:09 AM6/20/21
Talking to yourself there, Max? Typical American stupidity. I suppose
you believe Trump won the election as well? Bawahahahahaha

Dechucka

Jun 20, 2021, 1:01:30 AM6/20/21
Always good to have an ignorant septic who knows fuck-all posting on
aus.pol about a mouse plague

Dechucka

Jun 20, 2021, 1:03:24 AM6/20/21
They are probably confused thinking roos are big mice

Dechucka

Jun 20, 2021, 1:06:09 AM6/20/21
Neither, mine are safely away in my gun locker

Henry Briggs

Jun 20, 2021, 1:09:17 AM6/20/21
On Sun, 20 Jun 2021 15:03:18 +1000
Dechucka <Dech...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> > We've hired profession roo shooters but never professional mouse
> > shooters.  That must be a US based professional shooter
> >
> They are probably confused thinking roos are big mice

Americans are easily confused, look how many believe that Trump
actually won, and Coronavirus is a hoax.

Henry Briggs

Jun 20, 2021, 1:57:43 AM6/20/21
LOL Idiot Boy Trump said after the French Stadium massacre that if the
French were armed, this could been stopped.

Yet in 2019 (last year reliable stats available) >39,000 US people were
killed by US simpletons with guns. An average of > 106 per day.
https://wonder.cdc.gov/controller/datarequest/D76;jsessionid=13D1E30B94EFC0299864B2166D65

Looks like stupid US gun lovers believe anything.

Wotawonderfulworld

Jun 20, 2021, 2:10:00 AM6/20/21
max headroom <maximus...@gmx.com> wrote in news:samfca$7lv$1@dont-
email.me:
Not since i turned the ripe old age of 18.

I have a 12gauge and a .410 shotgun, but the shells cost quite a bit for
the sake of a few mice.

Wotawonderfulworld

Jun 20, 2021, 2:16:02 AM6/20/21
max headroom <maximus...@gmx.com> wrote in
That means you have the right to wear short sleeved shirts.

> Didn't Aussies have the same rights before the Brits granted Oz its
> independence?

Yeap got lots of short sleeved shirts.

>> And the workers in low paid jobs in the U$SA are still slaves, being
>> paid USD9-00 per hour.
>
> That's like, what, $100AUS?

I'd say more like AUD $12.00 an hr. I've never heard of anyone being paid
that low here ? (Maybe some city living aussies can pop in with low wage
information on that, but they do get health care with that.

Dechucka

Jun 20, 2021, 2:16:22 AM6/20/21
snip

>> BB guns, of course. You DO have BB guns, right?
>>

> Not since i turned the ripe old age of 18.
>
> I have a 12gauge and a .410 shotgun, but the shells cost quite a bit for
> the sake of a few mice.

How can you? Haven't we Australians had all our guns confiscated?

Dechucka

Jun 20, 2021, 2:23:27 AM6/20/21
They shouldn't the minimum wage is $20 and a few cents/hour which is
US$14.96. Of course there are those who get ripped off as the big
companies clam they are independent contractors like food delivery people

Wotawonderfulworld

Jun 20, 2021, 2:33:54 AM6/20/21
Dechucka <Dech...@hotmail.com> wrote in news:97CdnV2mrN-tQFP9nZ2dnUU7-
dOd...@westnet.com.au:
As an owner of property, i have 5 guns

.22 10 shot
.22 Magnum LR (with laser..extra permit for that)
12 Gauge side by side
.410 shotgun
.243 5 shot Centerfire

Primarily for Vermin control, as well as dropping the odd cow (when i had
them ), and sheep that got sick. and putting down stock, and natives
following the bushfires. (Not a nice job at all)

I did have a Semi Auto years ago, but no real need for that , so handed it
in in the buyback. Could have kept it , but i'm not that bad of a shot.

The .22 Magnum is in the house all the time at the present (Fox season here
and the missus gets paranoid about her prized chooks.), but they usually
all sit in the safe in the shed, and now days don't get used all that much.

Just Wondering

Jun 20, 2021, 2:53:41 AM6/20/21
Surely you know better than that.

https://reason.com/2016/03/22/australias-gun-buyback-created-a-violent/
Excerpt:
In Australia, part of the supply of banned firearms comes from defiance
of the original prohibition. The Sporting Shooters' Association of
Australia estimates compliance with the "buyback" at 19 percent.

Other researchers agree. In a white paper on the results of gun control
efforts around the world, Franz Csaszar, a professor of criminology at
the University of Vienna, Austria, gives examples of large-scale
non-compliance with the ban. He points out, "In Australia it is
estimated that only about 20% of all banned self-loading rifles have
been given up to the authorities."

But that defiance was mostly on the part of peaceful civilians who just
didn't want to bend their knees to politicians, and it was 20 years ago.
What about the bad actors supposedly targeted for disarmament by the
government?

Just days ago, Australia's Peter Dutton, Minister for Immigration and
Border Protection, and Michael Keenan, Minister for Justice, held a
joint press conference to announce "We don't tolerate gun smuggling in
Australia and we know Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs are engaged in it. We have
been keen to send the strongest possible message from Canberra that
we're not going to tolerate people smuggling in guns or smuggling in gun
parts. You'd appreciate that even one smuggled gun can do an enormous
amount of damage."

When politicians announce that they don't tolerate something, it's a
fair bet that the something is completely out of hand.

"Police admit they cannot eradicate a black market that is peddling
illegal guns to criminals," the Adelaide Advertiser conceded a few years
ago. "Motorcycle gang members and convicted criminals barred from buying
guns in South Australia have no difficulty obtaining illegal
firearms—including fully automatic weapons."

Dechucka

Jun 20, 2021, 2:58:29 AM6/20/21
On 20/06/2021 4:33 pm, Wotawonderfulworld wrote:
> Dechucka <Dech...@hotmail.com> wrote in news:97CdnV2mrN-tQFP9nZ2dnUU7-
> dOd...@westnet.com.au:
>
>> snip

>>> Not since i turned the ripe old age of 18.
>>>
>>> I have a 12gauge and a .410 shotgun, but the shells cost quite a bit for
>>> the sake of a few mice.
>>
>> How can you? Haven't we Australians had all our guns confiscated?
>>>

> As an owner of property, i have 5 guns
>
> .22 10 shot
> .22 Magnum LR (with laser..extra permit for that)
> 12 Gauge side by side
> .410 shotgun
> .243 5 shot Centerfire
>
> Primarily for Vermin control, as well as dropping the odd cow (when i had
> them ), and sheep that got sick. and putting down stock, and natives
> following the bushfires. (Not a nice job at all)
>
> I did have a Semi Auto years ago, but no real need for that , so handed it
> in in the buyback. Could have kept it , but i'm not that bad of a shot.

When I was involved in vermin control I was licensed for a semi-auto and
found it useful against pigs.

> The .22 Magnum is in the house all the time at the present (Fox season here
> and the missus gets paranoid about her prized chooks.), but they usually
> all sit in the safe in the shed, and now days don't get used all that much.

I've got mine for vermin control and they are all locked up in the gun
safe, bolt and ammo stored seperatly.

Dechucka

Jun 20, 2021, 3:01:13 AM6/20/21
On 20/06/2021 4:53 pm, Just Wondering wrote:
> On 6/20/2021 12:16 AM, Dechucka wrote:
>> snip

>>> Not since i turned the ripe old age of 18.
>>>
>>> I have a 12gauge and a .410 shotgun, but the shells cost quite a bit for
>>> the sake of a few mice.
>>
>> How can you? Haven't we Australians had all our guns confiscated?
>
> Surely you know better than that.

I do but it is claimed often by ignoramuses, including M Lewis in this
thread, that we have been disarmed

snip

Andrew Coswell

Jun 20, 2021, 3:40:03 AM6/20/21
In article <samguv$cpj$1...@dont-email.me>
Certainly he did. One doesn't continue counting votes for weeks
after a contest is over because a few weaklings came down with
the sniffles. Yet that is what happened in the USA.

That's cheating.

Tony Garcia

Jun 20, 2021, 7:15:03 AM6/20/21
In article <y9adnU2HDf8velP9...@westnet.com.au>
You mean the story about the Australian government disarming
citizens was referring to castration instead?

Wotawonderfulworld

Jun 20, 2021, 7:36:51 AM6/20/21
"Tony Garcia" <U7-Tf...@westnet.com.au> wrote in
Where is this "Disarming" Australian citizens coming from....

I've had rifles since i was 17. Aussies are not disarmed, just not crap
shooters like it seems most americans are.

Except i'm a farmer i can see no reason why anyone would need Assault
rifles in Australia. I'd by a "Defense" rifle/gun if i could.
But no one makes them

Klaus Schadenfreude

Jun 20, 2021, 9:20:43 AM6/20/21
On Sun, 20 Jun 2021 14:41:47 +1000, Henry Briggs
<only.loser...@fran.the.loser.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 19 Jun 2021 17:36:09 -0700
>Klaus Schadenfreude <klaus.schadenfreude.entfernen.@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 20 Jun 2021 10:31:05 +1000, Henry Briggs
>> <only.loser...@fran.the.loser.com> wrote:
>>

>> >And the workers in low paid jobs in the U$SA are still slaves, being
>> >paid USD9-00 per hour.
>>
>> Always good to hear from someone too fucking stupid to know what the
>> word "slave" means.
>>
>> LOL
>>

>Talking to yourself there,

Another Australian too drunk to know he's being addressed.

Look up "slave" yet?

Klaus Schadenfreude

Jun 20, 2021, 9:21:14 AM6/20/21
On Sun, 20 Jun 2021 15:01:23 +1000, Dechucka <Dech...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On 20/06/2021 10:36 am, Klaus Schadenfreude wrote:
>> On Sun, 20 Jun 2021 10:31:05 +1000, Henry Briggs
>> <only.loser...@fran.the.loser.com> wrote:
>>

>>> And the workers in low paid jobs in the U$SA are still slaves, being
>>> paid USD9-00 per hour.
>>
>> Always good to hear from someone too fucking stupid to know what the
>> word "slave" means.
>>
>> LOL
>
>Always good to have an ignorant septic

I think Henry is one of yours

max headroom

Jun 20, 2021, 9:30:33 AM6/20/21
They know to not believe you.

60% or more of those deaths are suicides. The remaining 35+- deaths/day
may be tragic, but in a country of 330,000,000, they aren't
earth-shattering.

Klaus Schadenfreude

Jun 20, 2021, 9:49:16 AM6/20/21
On Sun, 20 Jun 2021 11:50:47 +1000, Fran <f2r...@loonynutters.com>
wrote:

>And Troll, I lived on a farm till we recently retired and I owned guns.

In Australia, it's perfectly acceptable for the government to give you
permission to own a gun to protect your farm animals.

But you're not allowed to buy one to protect yourself or your family.

Sheep - 1
Australians - 0

Lions Growl of Butchers Foul

Jun 20, 2021, 1:51:44 PM6/20/21
On Sunday, June 20, 2021 at 4:53:41 PM UTC+10, Just Wondering wrote:
> On 6/20/2021 12:16 AM, Dechucka wrote:
> > snip

> >> Not since i turned the ripe old age of 18.
> >>
> >> I have a 12gauge and a .410 shotgun, but the shells cost quite a bit for
> >> the sake of a few mice.
> >
> > How can you? Haven't we Australians had all our guns confiscated?
> Surely you know better than that.
>
> https://reason.com/2016/03/22/australias-gun-buyback-created-a-violent/
> Excerpt:
> In Australia, part of the supply of banned firearms comes from defiance
> of the original prohibition. The Sporting Shooters' Association of
> Australia estimates compliance with the "buyback" at 19 percent.
>
> Other researchers agree. In a white paper on the results of gun control
> efforts around the world, Franz Csaszar, a professor of criminology at
> the University of Vienna, Austria,

Csaszar is a gun rights lobbyist, not a researcher.

His "20%" is just lying bull$hit - he's deliberately messing with statistics.

20% refers to the proportion of all firearms that were affected by the buyback, which was actually 19%, but Csaszar isn't noted for his accuracy.

The rest of your article is bull$hit and you'd have to be a complete air-head to believe it.

The trend for firearms deaths was completely different 1975-1995 versus 1998-2017.

During the first period, there were never fewer than 470 deaths per annum, and there was a slight downward trend starting in 1989:
1995: 470
1994: 516
1993: 513
1992: 608
1991: 618
1990: 595
1989: 549
1988: 674
1987: 694
1986: 677
1985: 682
1984: 675
1983: 644
1982: 689
1981: 618
1980: 687
1979: 685

During the second period, there was never more than 347 and the trend doesn't even remotely line up with the massive discontinuity in the data caused by the gun buyback:
2019: 229
2018: 209
2017: 196
2016: 232
2015: 211
2014: 230
2013: 211
2012: 226
2011: 188
2010: 232
2009: 226
2008: 235
2007: 237
2006: 245
2005: 221
2004: 243
2003: 289
2002: 292
2001: 326
2000: 324
1999: 347
1998: 312

Dechucka

Jun 20, 2021, 4:12:00 PM6/20/21
Showing how stupid some septics are

> 60% or more of those deaths are suicides.

The rate being higher in households with guns

> The remaining 35+- deaths/day
> may be tragic, but in a country of 330,000,000, they aren't
> earth-shattering.

Apparently not to the hoplophiliacs

Dechucka

Jun 20, 2021, 4:16:30 PM6/20/21
Australians don't live in a nasty violent gun riddled society like the
US so we don't need to be armed 24/7. If only Aiden Leos had be armed he
could have bee rear gunner in his mum's car and fought back against
those who killed him in a road rage incident

Dechucka

Jun 20, 2021, 4:17:49 PM6/20/21
snip

> I think Henry is one of yours

You are also mine

Klaus Schadenfreude

Jun 20, 2021, 4:20:07 PM6/20/21
On Mon, 21 Jun 2021 06:17:42 +1000, Dechucka <Dech...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>snip
>
>> I think Henry is one of yours
>
>You are also mine

Wrong. Slavery was abolished.

Or are you ANOTHER aushole that doesn't know what "slave" means?

Klaus Schadenfreude

Jun 20, 2021, 4:22:34 PM6/20/21
On Mon, 21 Jun 2021 06:11:52 +1000, Dechucka <Dech...@hotmail.com>
wrote:
So?

Klaus Schadenfreude

Jun 20, 2021, 4:24:39 PM6/20/21
On Mon, 21 Jun 2021 06:16:22 +1000, Dechucka <Dech...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On 20/06/2021 11:49 pm, Klaus Schadenfreude wrote:
>> On Sun, 20 Jun 2021 11:50:47 +1000, Fran <f2r...@loonynutters.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> And Troll, I lived on a farm till we recently retired and I owned guns.
>>
>> In Australia, it's perfectly acceptable for the government to give you
>> permission to own a gun to protect your farm animals.
>>
>> But you're not allowed to buy one to protect yourself or your family.
>>
>> Sheep - 1
>> Australians - 0
>>

>Australians don't live in a nasty violent gun riddled society like the
>US so we don't need to be armed 24/7.

And sheep are more important than people. Gotcha.

Det Ecaps

Jun 20, 2021, 4:42:17 PM6/20/21
Dechucka <Dech...@hotmail.com> wrote in news:OvKdndYyg4mFP1L9nZ2dnUU7-
a3N...@westnet.com.au:
If Aiden's mom hadn't cut off, then flipped off the other driver, he'd
still be alive.

Dechucka

Jun 20, 2021, 4:44:16 PM6/20/21
It shows that only counting murders as the downside of the gun riddled
US society is a pathetic attempt to downplay the situation.

Dechucka

Jun 20, 2021, 4:47:06 PM6/20/21
Wrong again human life is important which is why we don't want to live
in a gun riddled society like the US where this is thought to be OK

Klaus Schadenfreude

Jun 20, 2021, 5:07:33 PM6/20/21
On Mon, 21 Jun 2021 06:44:08 +1000, Dechucka <Dech...@hotmail.com>
Actually, it shows how pathetic it is to try to scare people by
including suicides and accidents, as if having a gun in your house
will entice you to kill yourself.

If that were true, Yemen wouldn't be ranked 117 (below Australia at
68)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate

with their gun ownership rate.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estimated_number_of_civilian_guns_per_capita_by_country

Klaus Schadenfreude

Jun 20, 2021, 5:10:46 PM6/20/21
On Mon, 21 Jun 2021 06:46:59 +1000, Dechucka <Dech...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On 21/06/2021 6:24 am, Klaus Schadenfreude wrote:
>> On Mon, 21 Jun 2021 06:16:22 +1000, Dechucka <Dech...@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Australians don't live in a nasty violent gun riddled society like the
>>> US so we don't need to be armed 24/7.
>>
>> And sheep are more important than people. Gotcha.
>
>Wrong again human life is important

Of course it isn't as important as sheep. That's why you can buy a gun
to defend your sheep but you can't buy a gun to defend your family.

AUSTRALIAN: "I want to buy a gun for self-defense"

AUSTRALIAN GOV'T: "You don't have a right to buy a gun to defend
yourself! Oh, it's for your SHEEP! Well why didn't you say so,
laddie! Off you go!"

LOL

Dechucka

Jun 20, 2021, 5:16:39 PM6/20/21
On 21/06/2021 7:07 am, Klaus Schadenfreude wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Jun 2021 06:44:08 +1000, Dechucka <Dech...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 21/06/2021 6:22 am, Klaus Schadenfreude wrote:

>>> So?
>>
>> It shows that only counting murders as the downside of the gun riddled
>> US society is a pathetic attempt to downplay the situation.
>
> Actually, it shows how pathetic it is to try to scare people by
> including suicides and accidents, as if having a gun in your house
> will entice you to kill yourself.

How would an inanimate tool do that. WOW you really are stupid.

> If that were true, Yemen wouldn't be ranked 117 (below Australia at
> 68)
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate
>
> with their gun ownership rate.
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estimated_number_of_civilian_guns_per_capita_by_country

Completely illogical argument. Oh wait you're claiming guns have magical
rays that causes you to commit suicide. Here in Aus guns are just an
effective and efficient method of committing suicides which allows
little time for 2nd thoughts as occurs if you arrange another method

Dechucka

Jun 20, 2021, 5:20:32 PM6/20/21
On 21/06/2021 7:10 am, Klaus Schadenfreude wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Jun 2021 06:46:59 +1000, Dechucka <Dech...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 21/06/2021 6:24 am, Klaus Schadenfreude wrote:

>>> And sheep are more important than people. Gotcha.
>>
>> Wrong again human life is important which is why we don't want to live in a gun riddled society like the US where this is thought to be OK "35+- deaths/day may be tragic, but in a country >> of 330,000,000, they aren't earth-shattering"
>
> Of course it isn't as important as sheep.

It is for the reasons above. Oh you snipped them because you couldn't
address them but I've reposted them for your edification.

%

Jun 20, 2021, 5:24:07 PM6/20/21

Klaus Schadenfreude

Jun 20, 2021, 5:56:57 PM6/20/21
On Mon, 21 Jun 2021 07:16:31 +1000, Dechucka <Dech...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>>>It shows that only counting murders as the downside of the gun riddled
>>>US society is a pathetic attempt to downplay the situation.
>>
>>Actually, it shows how pathetic it is to try to scare people by
>>including suicides and accidents, as if having a gun in your house
>>will entice you to kill yourself.

>How would an inanimate tool do that. WOW you really are stupid.

If you could read the Queen's English, you'd know I never made that
claim.

>>If that were true, Yemen wouldn't be ranked 117 (below Australia at
>>68)
>>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate
>>
>>with their gun ownership rate.
>>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estimated_number_of_civilian_guns_per_capita_by_country
>>

>Completely illogical argument.

Yes, claiming that guns in the home somehow "cause" suicide is
illogical.

It's also illogical to claim that they somehow make suicide "easier."

Why do you people always go that route instead of being honest? I
mean, besides being a bunch of totalitarian assholes?

Klaus Schadenfreude

Jun 20, 2021, 5:57:42 PM6/20/21
On Mon, 21 Jun 2021 07:20:24 +1000, Dechucka <Dech...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On 21/06/2021 7:10 am, Klaus Schadenfreude wrote:
>> On Mon, 21 Jun 2021 06:46:59 +1000, Dechucka <Dech...@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Wrong again human life is important which is why we don't want to live in a gun riddled society like the US where this is thought to be OK "35+- deaths/day may be tragic, but in a country >> of 330,000,000, they aren't earth-shattering"
>>
>> Of course it isn't as important as sheep.
>
>It is for the reasons above.

If it was your government would allow you to buy a gun to defend
yourself. You don't have that right.

Tony Garcia

Jun 20, 2021, 6:10:03 PM6/20/21

https://www.vox.com/2015/8/27/9212725/australia-buyback

> I've had rifles since i was 17. Aussies are not disarmed, just not crap
> shooters like it seems most americans are.

That's a wide brush you just swung, pepe. The "American"
shooters you read about in the lefty media are negroes and
mentally ill liberal Democrats. They can't shoot for shit, they
just point and spray.

> Except i'm a farmer i can see no reason why anyone would need Assault
> rifles in Australia. I'd by a "Defense" rifle/gun if i could.
> But no one makes them

Perhaps you should find out what an assault rifle is instead of
depending on the dishonest lefty media.

Dechucka

Jun 20, 2021, 6:25:53 PM6/20/21
Doesn't matter what political bent they have or colour they have easy
access to guns.

Dechucka

Jun 20, 2021, 6:31:26 PM6/20/21
On 21/06/2021 7:56 am, Klaus Schadenfreude wrote:

>>> Actually, it shows how pathetic it is to try to scare people by
>>> including suicides and accidents, as if having a gun in your house
>>> will entice you to kill yourself.
>
>> How would an inanimate tool do that. WOW you really are stupid.
>
> If you could read the Queen's English, you'd know I never made that
> claim.
>
>>> If that were true, Yemen wouldn't be ranked 117 (below Australia at
>>> 68)
>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate
>>>
>>> with their gun ownership rate.
>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estimated_number_of_civilian_guns_per_capita_by_country
>>>

>> Completely illogical argument. Oh wait you're claiming guns have magical rays that causes you to commit suicide.
>>Here in Aus guns are just an effective and efficient method of committing suicides which allows little time for 2nd thoughts as occurs if you arrange another method

> Yes, claiming that guns in the home somehow "cause" suicide is
> illogical.

Learn to read the Queen's English and more importantly learn to
comprehend and not snip without acknowledgement.

> It's also illogical to claim that they somehow make suicide "easier."

The research and data show that having a gun in the house is a risk
factor for suicide, even in little old Aus. You of course are at liberty
to ignore the research.

Dechucka

Jun 20, 2021, 6:33:45 PM6/20/21
Our society is safer because of the stricter than the US's restriction
on guns. Thus we don't have this attitude "35+- deaths/day may be