tax the fucken Boomers!

Nomen Nescio

Jun 7, 2023, 5:24:15 AM6/7/23
They will be cloggin up nursing homes sooner or later and
become a burden on the younger generation.

Arindam Banerjee

Jun 7, 2023, 7:34:32 PM6/7/23
On Wednesday, 7 June 2023 at 19:24:15 UTC+10, Nomen Nescio wrote:
> They will be cloggin up nursing homes sooner or later and
> become a burden on the younger generation.

No, machines are working hard to create all the wealth. When it is realized that engineers create wealth and celebs misuse wealth, there will be ample for all.

Peter Jason

Jun 7, 2023, 9:16:09 PM6/7/23
The Boomers are getting old, and soon all the wealth of theirs in
property will flow down to the new generation.

Even as we speak, the interregnum in Canberra is consideration a range
of options to finance the tottering old-fart leaky Boomers in nursing
homes, and since there's vast wealth sitting in real estate this is
likely a target.

The younger generation is stuffed!

Yes, it will be called by any other name than what it is; a fuggen
death tax!

Even now it is possible for the creaking old Coots to assign a part of
their estate (ie property) to fund a good nursing home place the cost
of which will be extracted from their estate after death.

I've forgotten what's this is called.

So the expectant beneficiaries might consider funding the nursing-home
costs before death, instead of spending like there's no tomorrow (and
there probably isn't.)

Après moi le déluge

There's even a sniff in the air of an augmented GST, god forbid!

Ozix

Jun 7, 2023, 11:16:31 PM6/7/23
Peter Jason wrote:

> So the expectant beneficiaries might consider funding the nursing-home
> costs before death, instead of spending like there's no tomorrow (and
> there probably isn't.)

In my mother's case she is living on a quarter-acre block, which my
parents bought 40 years ago, when it was affordable. They were battlers,
my mother has nothing apart from some valuable real estate. She is
pestered my realtors telling her she should downsize, but she wants to
die at home, like my father did. We respect her wishes, and have a
contingency plan to get a hospital bed and Silver Chain nurse if she
becomes too ill. I already visit her every 3 days to to odd jobs she
needs help for. I guess oldies who have no children (or they are living
overseas) are stuffed.

Peter Jason

Jun 8, 2023, 5:04:26 PM6/8/23
No doubt she can have all she wants if her care costs are extracted
from her estate when she dies. Anyone who lives long enough will
require 24hr on-call care, and access to specialized equipment, that
is all best provided in a good nursing home. If an old person sitting
on valuable property wants top-notch care then this can be provided by
surrounding a portion of their estate after death.
Of course the beneficiaries might take a different view.

Rod Speed

Jun 8, 2023, 6:43:27 PM6/8/23
Peter Jason <p...@jostle.com> wrote
> Ozix <oz...@xizo.am> wrote
>> Peter Jason wrote:

>>> So the expectant beneficiaries might consider funding the nursing-home
>>> costs before death, instead of spending like there's no tomorrow (and
>>> there probably isn't.)

>> In my mother's case she is living on a quarter-acre block, which my
>> parents bought 40 years ago, when it was affordable. They were battlers,
>> my mother has nothing apart from some valuable real estate. She is
>> pestered my realtors telling her she should downsize, but she wants to
>> die at home, like my father did. We respect her wishes, and have a
>> contingency plan to get a hospital bed and Silver Chain nurse if she
>> becomes too ill. I already visit her every 3 days to to odd jobs she
>> needs help for. I guess oldies who have no children (or they are living
>> overseas) are stuffed.

> No doubt she can have all she wants if her care costs are extracted
> from her estate when she dies.

Wrong.

> Anyone who lives long enough will
> require 24hr on-call care,

BULLSHIT

> and access to specialized equipment,

BULLSHIT

> that
> is all best provided in a good nursing home.

BULLSHIT

> If an old person sitting
> on valuable property wants top-notch care then this can be provided by
> surrounding a portion of their estate after death.

BULLSHIT

Peter Jason

Jun 8, 2023, 7:28:45 PM6/8/23
On Fri, 09 Jun 2023 08:43:20 +1000, "Rod Speed"
<rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Peter Jason <p...@jostle.com> wrote
>> Ozix <oz...@xizo.am> wrote

>>> In my mother's case she is living on a quarter-acre block, which my
>>> parents bought 40 years ago, when it was affordable. They were battlers,
>>> my mother has nothing apart from some valuable real estate. She is
>>> pestered my realtors telling her she should downsize, but she wants to
>>> die at home, like my father did. We respect her wishes, and have a
>>> contingency plan to get a hospital bed and Silver Chain nurse if she
>>> becomes too ill. I already visit her every 3 days to to odd jobs she
>>> needs help for. I guess oldies who have no children (or they are living
>>> overseas) are stuffed.
>
>> No doubt she can have all she wants if her care costs are extracted
>> from her estate when she dies.
>
>Wrong.
Wrong...
https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/home-equity-access-scheme

>> Anyone who lives long enough will
>> require 24hr on-call care,
>
>BULLSHIT
It is not bullshit at all, rather gold-plated truth.
How will you fare at 100?

>> and access to specialized equipment,
Wheelchair?
Folding bed?
Oxygen?

>BULLSHIT
It is not bullshit.

>> that
>> is all best provided in a good nursing home.
>
>BULLSHIT
It is not bullshit!
A home gives 24hr service.

>> If an old person sitting
>> on valuable property wants top-notch care then this can be provided by
>> surrounding a portion of their estate after death.
>
>BULLSHIT
It is not bullshit, though it must be hard to see above your horizon.
https://postimg.cc/56bGNPtH
Now you should publish a retraction, and a palm-nuzzling apology

Rod Speed

Jun 8, 2023, 7:51:34 PM6/8/23
Peter Jason <p...@jostle.com> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote
>> Peter Jason <p...@jostle.com> wrote
>>> Ozix <oz...@xizo.am> wrote

>>> No doubt she can have all she wants if her care costs are extracted
>>> from her estate when she dies.
>>
>> Wrong.

> Wrong...

We'll see...

> https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/home-equity-access-scheme

Doesnt say anything even remotely like ALL SHE WANTS, fuckwit.

>>> Anyone who lives long enough will
>>> require 24hr on-call care,

>> BULLSHIT

> It is not bullshit at all,

Fraid so.

> rather gold-plated truth.

Fantasy, as always with your mindless pig ignorant shit.

> How will you fare at 100?

It is completely stupid and pig ignorant
to claim that all of those who manage to
reach 100 always require 24hr on-call care,

>>> and access to specialized equipment,

> Wheelchair?
> Folding bed?
> Oxygen?

It is completely stupid and pig ignorant to claim
that all of those who manage to reach 100 always
require access to specialized equipment,

>> BULLSHIT

> It is not bullshit.

It is complete and utter mindless pig ignorant bullshit.

>>> that
>>> is all best provided in a good nursing home.

>> BULLSHIT

> It is not bullshit!

It is complete and utter mindless pig ignorant bullshit.

> A home gives 24hr service.

The complete and utter mindless pig ignorant
bullshit that its best provided in a good nursing
home, particularly when it isnt even needed.

>>> If an old person sitting
>>> on valuable property wants top-notch care then this can be provided by
>>> surrounding a portion of their estate after death.

>> BULLSHIT

> It is not bullshit,

It is complete and utter mindless pig ignorant bullshit.

<reams of your shit any 2 year old could leave for dead flushed where it
belongs>

Peter Jason

Jun 8, 2023, 9:15:54 PM6/8/23
On Fri, 09 Jun 2023 09:51:27 +1000, "Rod Speed"
You won't, judging by the record.

>> https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/home-equity-access-scheme
>
>Doesnt say anything even remotely like ALL SHE WANTS, fuckwit.

Donkey, it's EXACTLY relevant. She borrows for her care, and the
beneficiaries pay it off.
JEEEZUS!

Rod Speed

Jun 9, 2023, 12:21:04 AM6/9/23
We just did, that you have never had a fucking clue.

Peter Jason

Jun 11, 2023, 6:44:12 PM6/11/23
On Fri, 09 Jun 2023 14:20:55 +1000, "Rod Speed"
Can't you think?
1/ She goes to her lawyer and borrows for her needs in a home.
2/ After her death the loan is repaid from her estate!

Read the article again!

Rod Speed

Jun 12, 2023, 12:44:43 AM6/12/23
No need to ask you that question, the answer is obvious.

> 1/ She goes to her lawyer and borrows for her needs in a home.
> 2/ After her death the loan is repaid from her estate!

That can't prove ALL SHE WANTS.

> Read the article again!

No point, that can't prove ALL SHE WANTS.