Australia has decided to 'let Covid rip.' Is that a good idea?

buh buh biden

Jan 18, 2022, 6:41:25 AM1/18/22
SYDNEY — As 2021 drew to a close, many Australians were cautiously
optimistic that the worst of the Covid-19 pandemic was behind them.

The country had surpassed ambitious vaccine targets, meaning its rolling
lockdowns could cease, both internal and international borders would
reopen, and as Prime Minister Scott Morrison declared, it was now possible
to “live with this virus.”

But as Australia moved to change course on its pandemic strategy, the
highly transmissible omicron variant hit. In just over a month, cases have
risen from around 1,000 a day to more than 100,000 a day. Hallmarks of the
pandemic that Australia mostly avoided began to emerge. The health system
is buckling. Many supermarket shelves are bare as sick workers stay home.

Despite this surge in cases, most Australian states and territories are
holding the line and allowing the virus to circulate in their communities,
which critics have labeled the “let it rip” approach. But is it all bad
news?

‘Should we be doing this?’
For much of the pandemic, Australia aimed for zero Covid cases, employing
regular lockdowns (the country’s second-largest city, Melbourne, was in
lockdown for more than 260 days) and extremely strict border policies. And
it worked — the nation’s Covid mortality rate has been among the lowest
in the world.

But as the pandemic ground on, the government decided restrictions could
start to be dramatically loosened when a state or territory vaccinated 80
percent of its over-16 population. All states and territories achieved
this in the final months of last year.

Practices that had become part of everyday life, such as wearing masks in
certain settings and checking into venues via government apps for contact
tracing purposes, were soon relaxed. (Australia did require that
international arrivals be vaccinated, leading to the Novak Djokovic saga.)

Alexandra Martiniuk, a professor and epidemiologist at the University of
Sydney, said the timing of Australia’s U-turn was not ideal.

“[Some states and territories] really got down to very few restrictions,
just as there was the emergence of omicron. … Scientists, other experts
and also some in the public were asking, ‘Hey, is this smart? We actually
don’t know omicron well enough. Should we be doing this?’” she said.

“We should have changed our plan when we saw omicron arrive. … We barged
straight into a dark room without knowing what was in there.”

Long lines, empty shelves
Like many countries around the world, omicron has hit Australia hard. Some
states and territories that once went weeks without a case now have
thousands or tens of thousands of cases each day. The number of daily
deaths has jumped from around 10 in December to more than 50.

And the strain has been felt across the country.

First, testing systems quickly became overwhelmed. People waited for hours
at PCR testing facilities, with results delayed for days. Many pharmacies
and shops have ran out of rapid tests and those that still have some face
accusations of price gouging.

Some convenience stores and restaurants have been selling rapid tests via
the Uber Eats app at inflated prices, and one Australian has created a
website to help people use a live map of their towns and cities to find
where a rapid test may still be available.

With cases spiking so quickly, workers of all stripes have needed to take
time off because of sickness or to meet isolation requirements, affecting
many industries and supply chains.

Supermarkets are short of certain products. Trains in Australia’s biggest
city, Sydney, are running on a reduced timetable due to a lack of staff.
And KFC restaurant outlets are facing a chicken shortage.

“Omicron is a beast. Every country is dealing with it, and it never would
have been perfect [in Australia]. … But what we could have done is bend
the curve — slow the number of people who got it,” Martiniuk says.

In the face of omicron, states and territories have reintroduced some
limited Covid restrictions, such as mask mandates and banning singing and
dancing at certain venues.

The one state to have dodged the omicron surge is Western Australia, which
has maintained a hard border with other states and territories. It remains
almost free of Covid, but has faced criticism for not allowing fellow
Australians to enter, even for compassionate reasons.

Vaccines saving lives
The prime minister and other state and territory leaders point to
Australia’s vaccination rate as a key reason why the country will weather
the omicron storm.

Around 77 percent of the overall population has received two doses of the
vaccine, compared with around 62 percent in the United States.

And the Australian government often trumpets another number — around 92
percent of the over-16 population has received two vaccine doses.

Australia has also ramped up its efforts to disseminate the booster shot.

Peter Collignon, a professor and infectious diseases expert at the
Australian National University, said Australia’s high level of vaccination
meant it was in a “good place” to deal with omicron.

“This is serious, we need to take precautions, but it’s not all doom and
gloom,” he said.

“In the initial waves of Covid, for every 100 people infected, we had one
death,” he said. “Now we’re seeing a tenfold, at least, rate lower than
that. And that’s a reflection of vaccination. So that’s good news. … Plus,
omicron itself does appear to cause less severe disease.”

Australia’s initial tough approach toward Covid, followed by its slow but
successful vaccine rollout, have meant the number of deaths attributed to
the virus has been around 2,500, compared with around 846,000 in the U.S.

“And one plus side of this is if we have a large proportion of the
population that is vaccinated and has asymptomatic or mild disease, it may
put them in a better place come next winter, which will be the next
expected uptick in cases,” Collignon said.

Pushing through
Amid criticism about the government’s response to the omicron surge, the
prime minister maintains Australia is well-placed to get through to the
other side.

“You’ve got two choices here: You can push through or you can lock down.
We are for pushing through,” Morrison told reporters.

“It’s going to be tough. The whole pandemic has been tough and Australians
have shown resilience, patience and determination. … The best possible
medical advice is to push through.”

Omicron “has been moving at a very quick rate compared to our early
estimates. … What we’ve also seen is the severity of it being far less
than perhaps was anticipated.”

And with an election approaching in Australia, the pandemic is as much of
a political contest as ever.

Morrison, who leads a center-right coalition government, will face Anthony
Albanese of the center-left Labor Party. Albanese has attacked Australia’s
current trajectory as reckless.

“The ‘let it rip’ approach is creating major issues in our health system,
with people under such enormous pressure,” he told reporters.

The approach, he added, “is tearing communities apart. That’s the truth.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/science/science-news/australia-decided-let-covid-
rip-good-idea-rcna11509?icid=recommended

Dale

Jan 18, 2022, 5:18:12 PM1/18/22
> have been perfect in Australia. But what we could have done is
The ozzies killed their economy, took it up the ass from China for
two years and now - they are going to let COVID run it's course like
every sensible country has been doing?

That's what happens when the people are no threat to government
because they have no guns.

Petzl

Jan 18, 2022, 6:09:28 PM1/18/22

<
https://www.nbcnews.com/science/science-news/australia-decided-let-covid-rip-good-idea-rcna11509?icid=recommended>
https://t.ly/Et9H

>The ozzies killed their economy, took it up the ass from China for
>two years and now - they are going to let COVID run it's course like
>every sensible country has been doing?
>
>That's what happens when the people are no threat to government
>because they have no guns.

The vaccinations alone don't seem enough!
There is a theory combining "herd immunity" may turn the tide.
--
Petzl
Charlatanism is a necessary price of political freedom,

ALWAYS Vote oligarchies Coalition, Labor, "Greens"
*LAST*, Federal State and Council!

only 660 out of 854,870 net migrants from 2011-2016
to Australia were from Europe!
While up to 504,010 were from third world Moslem countries.

Will Sutton

Jan 18, 2022, 6:15:41 PM1/18/22
well with record deaths it looks like the last 2 years of lockdowns were wasted

ok, I know about getting vax rates up but everything we have done and then to open up and let Omicron run free just seems bloody insane.

I had Covid at Xmas, and on Monday I got my Booster ( first available date ) and that floored me again

Petzl

Jan 18, 2022, 6:55:45 PM1/18/22
On Tue, 18 Jan 2022 15:15:40 -0800 (PST), Will Sutton
<wlsu...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Wednesday, January 19, 2022 at 10:09:28 AM UTC+11, petzl wrote:

>> >let-covid-
>> <
>> https://www.nbcnews.com/science/science-news/australia-decided-let-covid-rip-good-idea-rcna11509?icid=recommended>
>> https://t.ly/Et9H
>> >
>> >The ozzies killed their economy, took it up the ass from China for
>> >two years and now - they are going to let COVID run it's course like
>> >every sensible country has been doing?
>> >
>> >That's what happens when the people are no threat to government
>> >because they have no guns.
>> >
>> The vaccinations alone don't seem enough!
>> There is a theory combining "herd immunity" may turn the tide.
>
>well with record deaths it looks like the last 2 years of lockdowns
>were wasted
>
>ok, I know about getting vax rates up but everything we have done
>and then to open up and let Omicron run free just seems bloody insane.
>
>I had Covid at Xmas, and on Monday I got my Booster (first available date)
>and that floored me again

There now does not seem to be any western nations trying to use lock
downs some are still with mask mandates social distancing, Covid
passports.
All are being hammered by latest variant
Sweden as example
<https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/09f821667ce64bf7be6f9f87457ed9aa>
https://t.ly/903w

Rod Speed

Jan 18, 2022, 9:19:21 PM1/18/22
Dale <dale_...@gmail.com> wrote

> [...]
> less
>> than perhaps was anticipated.â€
>>
>> And with an election approaching in Australia, the pandemic is as
> much of
>> a political contest as ever.
>>
>> Morrison, who leads a center-right coalition government, will face
> Anthony
>> Albanese of the center-left Labor Party. Albanese has attacked
> Australia’s
>> current trajectory as reckless.
>>
>> “The ‘let it rip’ approach is creating major issues in our health
> system,
>> with people under such enormous pressure,†he told reporters.
>>
>> The approach, he added, “is tearing communities apart. That’s the
> truth.â€
>>
>> https://www.nbcnews.com/science/science-news/australia-decided-
> let-covid-
>> rip-good-idea-rcna11509?icid=recommended

Bullshit we did, its doing fine.

> took it up the ass from China for two years

Bullshit we did. We actually told them to go and fuck themselves, again.

> and now - they are going to let COVID run it's course

More of you mindless pig ignorant shit.

> like every sensible country has been doing?

Only stupid countrys are doing anything of the sort.

> That's what happens when the people are nothreat to government because
> they have no guns.

More of you mindless pig ignorant shit. Most of my mates have
legal guns and not just one of them either you pig ignorant clown.

A154B456p43

Jan 18, 2022, 9:29:02 PM1/18/22
It is not a good idea. Actually, given the saga of
the tennis player, it appears they are not keen to
just "let 'er rip". Omicron may be "mild-ER" but
enough cases fast enough would still overwhelm
their hospital capacity. A side effect of keeping
covid suppressed for so long is that it means a
larger percentage are ripe to catch it.

Rod Speed

Jan 18, 2022, 9:49:10 PM1/18/22
Petzl <pet...@gmail.com> wrote
> Dale <dale_...@gmail.com> wrote

>>> https://www.nbcnews.com/science/science-news/australia-decided-let-covid-rip-good-idea-rcna11509?icid=recommended

Just another pig ignorant journo that doesnt have a fucking clue.

> https://t.ly/Et9H

Ditto.

>> The ozzies killed their economy, took it up the ass fromChina for two
>> years and now - they are going to let COVIDrun it's course like every
>> sensible country has been doing?

Thats stupid fucker has never had a fucking clue.

>> That's what happens when the people are nothreat to government because
>> they have no guns.

> The vaccinations alone don't seem enough!

Astraseneca isnt that great at stopping omicron
and while the mRNA vaccines are better, they
dont stop it completely either as Israel proves.

> There is a theory combining "herd immunity" may turn the tide.

No chance, you watch.

Rod Speed

Jan 18, 2022, 9:53:59 PM1/18/22
Will Sutton <wlsu...@gmail.com> wrote
> petzl wrote
>> Dale <dale_...@gmail.com> wrote

>>> https://www.nbcnews.com/science/science-news/australia-decided-let-covid-rip-good-idea-rcna11509?icid=recommended

>> https://t.ly/Et9H
>> >
>> >The ozzies killed their economy, took it up the ass from China for
>> >two years and now - they are going to let COVID run it's course like
>> >every sensible country has been doing?
>> >
>> >That's what happens when the people are no threat to government
>> >because they have no guns.
>> >
>> The vaccinations alone don't seem enough!
>> There is a theory combining "herd immunity" may turn the tide.

> well with record deaths it

More mindless bullshit.

> looks like the last 2 years of lockdowns were wasted

Nope, the lockdowns avoided FAR more, stupid.

Look at the deaths per million here, Taiwan and
New Zealand compared with the USA and UK, stupid.

> ok, I know about getting vax rates up but everything we have done and
> then to open up and let Omicron run free just seems bloody insane.

Yep.

> I had Covid at Xmas, and on Monday I got my Booster( first available
> date ) and that floored me again

I didnt get that with my first two, can't get a booster for another month.

Unknown

Jan 18, 2022, 10:03:28 PM1/18/22
On 1/18/22 21:49, Rod Speed wrote:
> Petzl <pet...@gmail.com> wrote

>> The vaccinations alone don't seem enough!
>
> Astraseneca isnt that great at stopping omicron
> and while the mRNA vaccines are better, they
> dont stop it completely either as Israel proves.

Seat belts do not guarentee survival in case
of a car crash - but they greatly improve
your chances. The vax won't always keep you
from getting Omicron - but can indeed make the
difference between being really really sick
and saying "I don't feel a thing".

>> There is a theory combining "herd immunity" may turn the tide.
>
> No chance, you watch.

The world is too large and mobile for "herd immunity"
to work here. It *will* be in your neighborhood a week
after it's in Paris. No time for 'herd immunity' to
take effect. 100 years ago, small towns, yes it could
be contained there long enough for "enough people"
to be immune (or dead) to break the chain.

Petzl

Jan 18, 2022, 10:05:54 PM1/18/22
On Tue, 18 Jan 2022 21:28:56 -0500, A154B456p43 <kubb...@u8332.net>
wrote:
Omicron is overwhelming every western nation with or without the
lock-down.
Facts are right now to keep supply going it to a regulated degree has
to be learned to live with.

CNN and MSM (fakenews) are growing broke now choking on their own
bullshit. Forcing them to turn on those elect via a stolen election!
<https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker-carlson-mainstream-media-turning-on-joe-biden>
or https://t.ly/Dttv
Tucker Carlson: Mainstream media is turning on Joe Biden
Mainstream media cannot ignore the Biden calamity they created
--
Petzl
Barack Obama once warned not to underestimate

Trump was never running against Biden.
He was running against voter fraud.
https://youtu.be/U4c5dYDD9xw
The Democrats’ First Bill of 2021 Is to Lock In
Fraudulent Election Maneuvers and Steal Elections in Perpetuity

The left loathes Trump so much it totally blinds them
to anything he says, even when what he says
could potentially save thousands of lives.

Amazing where in America a lifetime of lying, thieving,
fraud, cheating, Propagandist' and 'Bigot will take you in politics?
https://youtu.be/D1j0FS0Z6ho
Joe Biden's son, zero track record, for jobs in languages
he don't speak thrown out of navy for doing coke,
turned in a rental car with crack pipes in it,
hid from a process server for getting a girl pregnant
to avoid child support.
And now he's a high paid artist with no discernible talent.

Five days with dad on Chinese trip was paid US$1.5 billion dollars?
Corruption by proxy,a new corruption that is difficult to detect

Joe Biden had a little boy
his nose was white with snow
And everywhere Joe Biden went
his son was sure to go
He followed to Ukraine one day
and scored a lot of dough
This made Joe Biden worry so
he did a quid pro quo : Anon

Somewhere out there is a 2-year-old girl whose mother is a stripper,
her father is a crackhead and her grandpa is President of the United States
. --Fact check THAT.

Rod Speed

Jan 18, 2022, 10:24:25 PM1/18/22
Petzl <pet...@gmail.com> wrote

>>> https://t.ly/Et9H

>>> The vaccinations alone don't seem enough!
>>> There is a theory combining "herd immunity" may turn the tide.
>>
>> well with record deaths it looks like the last 2 years of lockdowns
>> were wasted
>>
>> ok, I know about getting vax rates up but everything we have done
>> and then to open up and let Omicron run free just seems bloody insane.
>>
>> I had Covid at Xmas, and on Monday I got my Booster(first available
>> date) and that floored me again

> There now does not seem to be any westernnations trying to use lock downs

Holland is and France is doing it a bit too.

> some are still with mask mandates social distancing, Covid passports.
> All are being hammered by latest variant

New Zealand and Taiwan arent.
Sweden has always fucked it up completely.

Petzl

Jan 18, 2022, 10:36:34 PM1/18/22
If you get a booster ask for Modena twice as effective as Pfizer
But in Campbelltown only "our" NSW Labor Politician can get that one.
he took the Pfizer shot when only Astrazeneca was available to his
housing commission voters.
Even these people are realizing he "Greg Warren" is not one of them,
lives in Liberal Camden electorate for starters, not Labor
Campbelltown.

>> There is a theory combining "herd immunity" may turn the tide.
>
>No chance, you watch.

The Vaccinations are not working the Q-Code check in is useless now
every time I go shopping I get a warning like
This time went by bus Northern end, drew money out of telling machine
and picked up script from Chemist Warehouse 30 minute check-in to
check-out

"COVID-19 case alert. You checked in to Macarthur Square Shopping
Centre on 31-12-2021 around the same time as a COVID-19 case. Unless
otherwise advised by NSW Health, you must monitor for symptoms. If you
are unwell, get a COVID-19 test."

Takes a few days to show symptoms RAT tests are only available to NSW
Labor politicians like Greg Warren (free).
Supposedly the Government Covid tests takes 3 days for result so looks
like someone broke quarantine to get a result same day,

Macarthur Square Shopping Centre has retail floor area to 107,000 m2
(1,150,000 sq ft). About a kilometre long half a kilometre wide, 6
stories including car parks. So this scare advice tells you what?

Rod Speed

Jan 18, 2022, 11:06:39 PM1/18/22
A154B456p43 <kubb...@u8332.net> wrote

> It is not a good idea.

And isnt what we are doing either.

> Actually, given the saga of the tennis player,it appears they are not
> keen to just "let 'er rip".

Yep, we require all visitors to be fully vaccinated.

> Omicron may be "mild-ER" but enough cases fastenough would still
> overwhelm their hospital capacity.

Nope, most don't need to be hospitalised.

> A side effect of keeping covid suppressed for so longis that it means a
> larger percentage are ripe to catch it.

Nope, not when more than 95% are fully vaccinated.

Rod Speed

Jan 18, 2022, 11:13:13 PM1/18/22
<1.AAC0832> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Petzl <pet...@gmail.com> wrote

>>> The vaccinations alone don't seem enough!

>> Astraseneca isnt that great at stopping omicron
>> and while the mRNA vaccines are better, they
>> dont stop it completely either as Israel proves.

> Seat belts do not guarentee survival in case
> of a car crash - but they greatly improve
> your chances. The vax won't always keep you
> from getting Omicron -

In fact of often doesnt.

> but can indeed make the
> difference between being really really sick
> and saying "I don't feel a thing".

And greatly reduces the risk of it killing you.

>>> There is a theory combining "herd immunity"may turn the tide.

>> No chance, you watch.

> The world is too large and mobile for "herd immunity"
> to work here. It *will* be in your neighborhood a week
> after it's in Paris.

It doesnt work like that here, we have pretty draconian
limits on who can come here, not even letting many of
our own citisens return to this country. And with stringent
tests for infection before bording the plane and after you
have landed, and quarantine for arrivals too.

> No time for 'herd immunity' to take effect.

Herd immunity isnt about time.

> 100 years ago, small towns, yes it could
> be contained there long enough for "enough people"
> to be immune (or dead) to break the chain.

Its much more complicated than that.

Rod Speed

Jan 18, 2022, 11:58:52 PM1/18/22
Petzl <pet...@gmail.com> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote
>> Petzl <pet...@gmail.com> wrote
>>> Dale <dale_...@gmail.com> wrote

>> Just another pig ignorant journo that doesnt have a fucking clue.
>>
>>> https://t.ly/Et9H
>>
>> Ditto.

>> Thats stupid fucker has never had a fucking clue.

>>> The vaccinations alone don't seem enough!
>>
>> Astraseneca isnt that great at stopping omicron
>> and while the mRNA vaccines are better, they
>> dont stop it completely either as Israel proves.

> If you get a booster ask for Modena

Yeah, thats what my first two shots are because its better than Pfizer.

> twice as effective as Pfizer

> But in Campbelltown only "our" NSW Labor Politician can get that one.

Plenty at my pharmacy here.

> he took the Pfizer shot when only Astrazenecawas available to his
> housing commission voters.

Yeah, thats why I waited for my Modernas, not available any earlier for me.

> Even these people are realizing he "Greg Warren"is not one of them,
> lives in Liberal Camden electoratefor starters, not Labor Campbelltown.

>>> There is a theory combining "herd immunity" may turn the tide.
>>
>> No chance, you watch.

> The Vaccinations are not working

They work fine against ever disease and being killed by covid.

> the Q-Code check in is useless now everytime I go shopping I get a
> warning like

I dont.

> This time went by bus Northern end,

I dont use the bus now with so much omicron around.
1K active cases here.

> drew money out of telling machine

I never use those, pay for everything
except the garage sales using the phone.

> and picked up script from Chemist Warehouse30 minute check-in to
> check-out

I order mine using the app and only takes a minute
or so to pick it up. Did that last saturday.

> "COVID-19 case alert. You checked in to Macarthur SquareShopping Centre
> on 31-12-2021 around the same time as aCOVID-19 case.

I didnt get that with the Chemist Warehouse pickup, they
have an external door so I didnt go thru the mall proper.

Didnt get it with the supermarket that I walk to just
around the corner either, but I deliberately went there
first thing on sunday morning, just after they had opened
with me and one other the only customers there that early.

> Unless otherwise advised by NSW Health, you must monitorfor symptoms. If
> you are unwell, get a COVID-19 test."

> Takes a few days to show symptoms RAT tests are onlyavailable to NSW
> Labor politicians like Greg Warren (free).

Mate of mine has a daughter in Hawks
Nest and she is sending him some.

> Supposedly the Government Covid tests takes 3 days for resultso looks
> like someone broke quarantine to get a result same day,

That mate of mine's wife did get some covid like symptoms
and it took a full 7 days to get the result back, just last week.

Thats why they want the RATs, in case it was
too early to test positive with the PCR test.

> Macarthur Square Shopping Centre has retail floor area to 107,000 m2
> (1,150,000 sq ft). About a kilometre long half a kilometre wide, 6
> stories including car parks. So this scare advice tells you what?

That its better avoided. Chemist Warehouse does deliverys, but it isnt
free.

Petzl

Jan 19, 2022, 12:32:36 AM1/19/22
In NZ they do not have comprehensive testing like NSW
Taiwanese are obeyers so probably the Government criteria is obeyed

>> Sweden as example
>> <https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/09f821667ce64bf7be6f9f87457ed9aa>
>> https://t.ly/903w
>
>Sweden has always fucked it up completely.

Not Covid checks needed to get into Sweden
<https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/sweden-scraps-demand-negative-covid-test-enter-country-2022-01-18/>
https://t.ly/qWRF
STOCKHOLM, Jan 18 (Reuters) - Travelers to Sweden will no longer be
required to show a negative COVID test before entering the country,
the government said on Tuesday.

Sweden introduced rules for a recent negative COVID test on Dec. 28
last year in a bid to slow the spread of the more contagious Omicron
variant. Since then, Sweden has repeatedly set new daily case records
with Omicron now the totally dominant variant.

"Travelers are no longer considered to pose a particular risk of
affecting the spread of Omicron in Sweden," the government said in a
statement.

Sweden has recorded more than 20,000 new daily cases over the past few
days, roughly double the previous record from earlier waves. The
number of cases has put a strain on healthcare services but not to the
same extent as before the vaccine rollout.

Petzl

Jan 19, 2022, 12:58:53 AM1/19/22
On Wed, 19 Jan 2022 15:58:45 +1100, "Rod Speed"
<rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote:
snip
>>> Astraseneca isnt that great at stopping omicron
>>> and while the mRNA vaccines are better, they
>>> dont stop it completely either as Israel proves.
>
>> If you get a booster ask for Modena
>
>Yeah, thats what my first two shots are because its better than Pfizer.
>
>> twice as effective as Pfizer
>
>> But in Campbelltown only "our" NSW Labor Politician can get that one.
>
>Plenty at my pharmacy here.

Good MP must be Coalition?

>> he took the Pfizer shot when only Astrazenecawas available to his
>> housing commission voters.
>
>Yeah, thats why I waited for my Modernas, not available any earlier for me.

They are importing it I believe can be used for a booster.

>> Even these people are realizing he "Greg Warren"is not one of them,
>> lives in Liberal Camden electoratefor starters, not Labor Campbelltown.

>>> No chance, you watch.
>
>> The Vaccinations are not working
>
>They work fine against ever disease and being killed by covid.

over 50% of Covid cases in NSW are not vaccinated according to Brad
Hazzard.

>> the Q-Code check in is useless now everytime I go shopping I get a
>> warning like
>
>I dont.

Since RAT's detection, Covid cases shot up and has blown out.

>> This time went by bus Northern end,
>
>I dont use the bus now with so much omicron around.
>1K active cases here.

My Bus had a driver and one other passenger.

>> drew money out of telling machine
>
>I never use those, pay for everything
>except the garage sales using the phone.

I need to top up my Credit Card from 3.4% account to free Visa card

>> and picked up script from Chemist Warehouse30 minute check-in to
>> check-out
>
>I order mine using the app and only takes a minute
>or so to pick it up. Did that last saturday.

Yes might get the APP I do ring ahead and often the Chemist gets it
wrong, mostly correct, but when wrong I have to wait a hour for next
bus. But at least I get what I want not what the Chemist thinks I
want!

>> "COVID-19 case alert. You checked in to Macarthur SquareShopping Centre
>> on 31-12-2021 around the same time as aCOVID-19 case.
>
>I didnt get that with the Chemist Warehouse pickup, they
>have an external door so I didnt go thru the mall proper.

Mine the bus drops me off near their door.

>Didnt get it with the supermarket that I walk to just
>around the corner either, but I deliberately went there
>first thing on sunday morning, just after they had opened
>with me and one other the only customers there that early.

Supermarket Woolworth's deliver free if on Tues,Wed,Thurs morning and
over $150 (maybe less)?

>> Unless otherwise advised by NSW Health, you must monitorfor symptoms. If
>> you are unwell, get a COVID-19 test."
>
>> Takes a few days to show symptoms RAT tests are onlyavailable to NSW
>> Labor politicians like Greg Warren (free).
>
>Mate of mine has a daughter in Hawks
>Nest and she is sending him some.

Don't seem available in Campbelltown

>> Supposedly the Government Covid tests takes 3 days for resultso looks
>> like someone broke quarantine to get a result same day,
>
>That mate of mine's wife did get some covid like symptoms
>and it took a full 7 days to get the result back, just last week.
>
>Thats why they want the RATs, in case it was
>too early to test positive with the PCR test.

Makes sense but depends on what RAT's test you use?
https://ibb.co/cNV5StM

>> Macarthur Square Shopping Centre has retail floor area to 107,000 m2
>> (1,150,000 sq ft). About a kilometre long half a kilometre wide, 6
>> stories including car parks. So this scare advice tells you what?
>
>That its better avoided. Chemist Warehouse does deliverys, but it isnt
>free.

They will deliver to me free, but don't like wrong medicine
--
Petzl
'we are a Christian nation' with 'Christian values' to which newcomers

If you look at Australia it is largely a Christian country with
Christian norms. The things we do, the way our political parties
behave, have, if not an activist Christianity about it, Christian
ideals.
Paul Keating

Unknown

Jan 19, 2022, 1:22:35 AM1/19/22
Yet is DOESN'T GO AWAY, does it ? The slighest slack
and there are a mushrooming slew of new cases. Sorry,
but the lockdown strategy doesn't work - just drags
things out a bit.

There IS NO "fix" for Covid - esp Omicron - short of
seriously medieval burn-em-all tactics. Getting the
most people with vax is the "best fix", the least
sucky of the various alternatives.

>>    No time for 'herd immunity' to take effect.
>
> Herd immunity isnt about time.

Actually it is. A virus is contagious for x-days.
If it can't find a new host within that period
then it ENDS. With every infection the clock
is running.

>>    100 years ago, small towns, yes it could
>>    be contained there long enough for "enough people"
>>    to be immune (or dead) to break the chain.
>
> Its much more complicated than that.

Of course it is ... but it's beyond the scope of
a Usenet discussion. Try any major science
journal instead.

Besides, there's not much "discussion" on Usenet
anymore - just hype-vs-hype, flame-vs-flame,
extreme-vs-extreme, disinfo-vs-disinfo.

Rod Speed

Jan 19, 2022, 3:53:41 AM1/19/22
Petzl <pet...@gmail.com> wrote
Don't need testing to see the death rate, stupid.

> Taiwanese are obeyers so probably the Government criteria is obeyed

They got that result because they slammed the borders shut, like we did.

>>> Sweden as example
>>> <https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/09f821667ce64bf7be6f9f87457ed9aa>
>>> https://t.ly/903w

>> Sweden has always fucked it up completely.

> Not Covid checks needed to get into Sweden

They were stupid enough to not even have any lockdowns at all.

> <https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/sweden-scraps-demand-negative-covid-test-enter-country-2022-01-18/>
> https://t.ly/qWRF

> STOCKHOLM, Jan 18 (Reuters) - Travelers to Sweden willno longer be
> required to show a negative COVID test beforeentering the country, the
> government said on Tuesday.

Yep, they actually are that stupid.

> Sweden introduced rules for a recent negative COVID test on Dec. 28
> last year in a bid to slow the spread of the more contagious Omicron
> variant. Since then, Sweden has repeatedly set new daily case records
> with Omicron now the totally dominant variant.

Because they are too stupid to have any lockdowns at all.

> "Travelers are no longer considered to pose aparticular risk of
> affecting the spread of Omicronin Sweden," the government said in a
> statement.

Yep, because they were too stupid to have any lockdowns at all.

> Sweden has recorded more than 20,000 new daily cases over thepast few
> days, roughly double the previous record from earlier waves.

Yep, because they were too stupid to have any lockdowns at all.

> The number of cases has put a strain on healthcare servicesbut not to
> the same extent as before the vaccine rollout.

Because omicron doesnt cause so much hospitalisation.

Rod Speed

Jan 19, 2022, 4:25:26 AM1/19/22
Petzl <pet...@gmail.com> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote

>>> If you get a booster ask for Modena
>>
>> Yeah, thats what my first two shots are because its better than Pfizer.
>>
>>> twice as effective as Pfizer
>>
>>> But in Campbelltown only "our" NSW Labor Politician can get that one.
>>
>> Plenty at my pharmacy here.

> Good MP

Nothing to do with the MP.

> must be Coalition?

The federal one is, but that stupid cow hasnt been
heard of at all since her corruption was exposed.

The state one is a Shooter, Fisher and Farmers
and all that silly cow does is pose for photos and
stamp her foot when she doesnt get invited to the
opening of anything at all paid for by the state.

>>> he took the Pfizer shot when only Astrazenecawasavailable to his
>>> housing commission voters.
>>
>> Yeah, thats why I waited for my Modernas,not available any earlier for
>> me.

> They are importing it I believe can be used for a booster.

Yep. I managed to book mine but fucked up spectacularly
by using weeks instead of months since the second jab.

>>> Even these people are realizing he "Greg Warren"is not one of them,
>>> lives in Liberal Camden electoratefor starters, not Labor Campbelltown.

>>> The Vaccinations are not working
>>
>> They work fine against ever disease and being killed by covid.
>>
> over 50% of Covid cases in NSW are notvaccinated according to Brad
> Hazzard.

Cases of what tho, infection or hospitalisation or death due to covid.

>>> the Q-Code check in is useless now everytimeI go shopping I get a
>>> warning like

>> I dont.

> Since RAT's detection, Covid cases shot up and has blown out.

Yep, specially since they wont even do a PCR
test now if you dont have any symptoms and
some have had to wait quite literally for 25
hours in their car to get tested and some have
waited that long to get told that they have run
out of test kits and that they need to go home.

>>> This time went by bus Northern end,
>>
>> I dont use the bus now with so much omicron around.
>> 1K active cases here.

> My Bus had a driver and one other passenger.

I do use that one for the garage sales, the mate
whose wife took a week to get the result back.

With him coughing twice on Saturday. But he
hasnt said anything since and would have if the
RATs sent by his daughter had shown positive.

>>> drew money out of telling machine
>>
>> I never use those, pay for everything
>> except the garage sales using the phone.

> I need to top up my Credit Card from 3.4% account to free Visa card

Mine gets paid off in full every month completely automatically.

Fee free credit card with Bank Australia.

>>> and picked up script from Chemist Warehouse
>>> 30 minute check-in to check-out

>> I order mine using the app and only takes a minute
>> or so to pick it up. Did that last saturday.

> Yes might get the APP

Very convenient but mine doesnt handle a new script
as well. It does tell you that you need a new one when
the previous one runs out but when my GP faxes the
new one to CH, it doesnt realise that and you have to
ring them to get the first filled script on the new one.

> I do ring ahead and often the Chemist gets it wrong, mostly correct

Mine has only done that the once, couple
of married Indians are the franchisees.

> but when wrong I have to wait a hour for next bus. But atleast I get
> what I want not what the Chemist thinks I want!

>>> "COVID-19 case alert. You checked in to Macarthur SquareShopping Centre
>>> on 31-12-2021 around the same time as aCOVID-19 case.
>>
>> I didnt get that with the Chemist Warehouse pickup, they
>> have an external door so I didnt go thru the mall proper.

> Mine the bus drops me off near their door.

Mine too.

>> Didnt get it with the supermarket that I walk to just
>> around the corner either, but I deliberately went there
>> first thing on sunday morning, just after they had opened
>> with me and one other the only customers there that early.

> Supermarket Woolworth's deliver free if on Tues,
> Wed,Thurs morning and over $150 (maybe less)?

I have only got the first free so far. I dont
usually spend that much with a particular order.

I tried ordering the second one from Coles yesterday
but most of the heat and eat what Coles calls Coles
Made Easy is temporarily unavailable. And the buggers
wont deliver 5Kg sacks of breadmix either. Woolys will.

>>> Unless otherwise advised by NSW Health, you must monitor
>>> for symptoms. If you are unwell, get a COVID-19 test."
>>
>>> Takes a few days to show symptoms RAT tests are only
>>> available to NSW Labor politicians like Greg Warren (free).
>>
>> Mate of mine has a daughter in Hawks
>> Nest and she is sending him some.
>>
> Don't seem available in Campbelltown

Must ask him on saturday if she is anything unusual jobs wise.

Unlikely, she has just had a new brat.

>>> Supposedly the Government Covid tests takes 3 days for result
>>> so looks like someone broke quarantine to get a result same day,
>>
>> That mate of mine's wife did get some covid like symptoms
>> and it took a full 7 days to get the result back, just last week.
>>
>> Thats why they want the RATs, in case it was
>> too early to test positive with the PCR test.
>>
> Makes sense but depends on what RAT's test you use?
> https://ibb.co/cNV5StM
>>
>>> Macarthur Square Shopping Centre has retail floor area to 107,000 m2
>>> (1,150,000 sq ft). About a kilometre long half a kilometre wide, 6
>>> stories including car parks. So this scare advice tells you what?
>>
>> That its better avoided. Chemist Warehouse does deliverys, but it isnt
>> free.
>>
> They will deliver to me free,

Yeah, I have been too lasy to get a commonwealth health card,

> but don't like wrong medicine

Like I said, I have only got that the once and it was the right meds,
just the wrong does, too low, personally delivered by one of the
franchise principals, the male Indian. Nice bloke and so is his wife.

Rod Speed

Jan 19, 2022, 4:39:12 AM1/19/22
Not really the slightest slack, omicron is much more infectious.

> Sorry, but the lockdown strategy doesn't work - just drags things
> out a bit.

That remains to be seen. China is attempting a
very gung ho lockdown right now and it remains
to be seen how well that works with omicron.

And lockdown worked very well for
Australia, Taiwan and New Zealand.

> There IS NO "fix" for Covid - esp Omicron - short of seriously
> medieval burn-em-all tactics.

That remains to be seen too.

> Getting the most people with vax is the "best fix", the least sucky
> of the various alternatives.

But that doesnt really work very
well with infection with omicron.

Yes, it avoids severe disease and death, but not infection.

Full isolation still works with all 3 but isnt feasible for most.

>>> No time for 'herd immunity' to take effect.

>> Herd immunity isnt about time.

> Actually it is.

Bullshit.

> A virus is contagious for x-days.
> If it can't find a new host within that period then it ENDS.

Thats not herd immunity tho, thats isolation.

Omicron appears to be quite happy to infect those
who have previously recovered from a delta or
alpha infection and it isnt just omicron either,
Brazil proves that multiple infections are common.

> With every infection the clock is running.

Thats not herd immunity tho.

>>> 100 years ago, small towns, yes it could
>>> be contained there long enough for "enough people"
>>> to be immune (or dead) to break the chain.

>> Its much more complicated than that.

> Of course it is ... but it's beyond the scope of
> a Usenet discussion. Try any major science
> journal instead.

Its perfectly possible to spell it out in a few paras.

> Besides, there's not much "discussion" on Usenet
> anymore - just hype-vs-hype, flame-vs-flame,
> extreme-vs-extreme, disinfo-vs-disinfo.

Sure, but that doesnt mean that we have to do that too.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Jan 19, 2022, 7:15:03 AM1/19/22
In article <JbmdnQTa29L16nr8...@earthlink.com>
Omicrom hospitalization is for wimps. If you're running to the
ED for Omicron, you'll run there for a stubbed toe or a hang
nail.

Arindam Banerjee

Jan 19, 2022, 7:19:08 AM1/19/22
On Tuesday, 18 January 2022 at 22:41:25 UTC+11, buh buh biden wrote:
> SYDNEY — As 2021 drew to a close, many Australians were cautiously
> optimistic that the worst of the Covid-19 pandemic was behind them.
>
> The country had surpassed ambitious vaccine targets, meaning its rolling
> lockdowns could cease, both internal and international borders would
> reopen, and as Prime Minister Scott Morrison declared, it was now possible
> to “live with this virus.”
>
> But as Australia moved to change course on its pandemic strategy, the
> highly transmissible omicron variant hit. In just over a month, cases have
> risen from around 1,000 a day to more than 100,000 a day. Hallmarks of the
> pandemic that Australia mostly avoided began to emerge. The health system
> is buckling. Many supermarket shelves are bare as sick workers stay home.

They are thin but not bare. Other shops are open. Necessary goods are available.

> Despite this surge in cases, most Australian states and territories are
> holding the line and allowing the virus to circulate in their communities,
> which critics have labeled the “let it rip” approach. But is it all bad
> news?

Not for most, no one wants lockdowns.

> ‘Should we be doing this?’
> For much of the pandemic, Australia aimed for zero Covid cases, employing
> regular lockdowns (the country’s second-largest city, Melbourne, was in
> lockdown for more than 260 days) and extremely strict border policies. And
> it worked — the nation’s Covid mortality rate has been among the lowest
> in the world.

Tasmania did very well. Other states like Victoria and NS W could have done a lot, lot better.

> But as the pandemic ground on, the government decided restrictions could
> start to be dramatically loosened when a state or territory vaccinated 80
> percent of its over-16 population. All states and territories achieved
> this in the final months of last year.

Good.

> Practices that had become part of everyday life, such as wearing masks in
> certain settings and checking into venues via government apps for contact
> tracing purposes, were soon relaxed. (Australia did require that
> international arrivals be vaccinated, leading to the Novak Djokovic saga.)
>
> Alexandra Martiniuk, a professor and epidemiologist at the University of
> Sydney, said the timing of Australia’s U-turn was not ideal.
>
> “[Some states and territories] really got down to very few restrictions,
> just as there was the emergence of omicron. … Scientists, other experts
> and also some in the public were asking, ‘Hey, is this smart? We actually
> don’t know omicron well enough. Should we be doing this?’” she said.

We are heartily tired of lock downs and will take Covid as it comes, with reasonable precautions, seems the general mood including mine.

> “We should have changed our plan when we saw omicron arrive. … We barged
> straight into a dark room without knowing what was in there.”

We will take booster doses.

> Long lines, empty shelves
> Like many countries around the world, omicron has hit Australia hard. Some
> states and territories that once went weeks without a case now have
> thousands or tens of thousands of cases each day. The number of daily
> deaths has jumped from around 10 in December to more than 50.

Yes. But life goes on, and there is less depression, more opportunity.

> And the strain has been felt across the country.
>
> First, testing systems quickly became overwhelmed. People waited for hours
> at PCR testing facilities, with results delayed for days. Many pharmacies
> and shops have ran out of rapid tests and those that still have some face
> accusations of price gouging.
>
> Some convenience stores and restaurants have been selling rapid tests via
> the Uber Eats app at inflated prices, and one Australian has created a
> website to help people use a live map of their towns and cities to find
> where a rapid test may still be available.
>
> With cases spiking so quickly, workers of all stripes have needed to take
> time off because of sickness or to meet isolation requirements, affecting
> many industries and supply chains.
>
> Supermarkets are short of certain products. Trains in Australia’s biggest
> city, Sydney, are running on a reduced timetable due to a lack of staff.
> And KFC restaurant outlets are facing a chicken shortage.
>
> “Omicron is a beast. Every country is dealing with it, and it never would
> have been perfect [in Australia]. … But what we could have done is bend
> the curve — slow the number of people who got it,” Martiniuk says.

Well we the people simply have to get more cautious.

> In the face of omicron, states and territories have reintroduced some
> limited Covid restrictions, such as mask mandates and banning singing and
> dancing at certain venues.
>
> The one state to have dodged the omicron surge is Western Australia, which
> has maintained a hard border with other states and territories. It remains
> almost free of Covid, but has faced criticism for not allowing fellow
> Australians to enter, even for compassionate reasons.
>
> Vaccines saving lives
> The prime minister and other state and territory leaders point to
> Australia’s vaccination rate as a key reason why the country will weather
> the omicron storm.

True.
Looks like the virus is weakening.
Good.

> “It’s going to be tough. The whole pandemic has been tough and Australians
> have shown resilience, patience and determination. … The best possible
> medical advice is to push through.”
>
> Omicron “has been moving at a very quick rate compared to our early
> estimates. … What we’ve also seen is the severity of it being far less
> than perhaps was anticipated.”
>
> And with an election approaching in Australia, the pandemic is as much of
> a political contest as ever.
>
> Morrison, who leads a center-right coalition government, will face Anthony
> Albanese of the center-left Labor Party. Albanese has attacked Australia’s
> current trajectory as reckless.
>
> “The ‘let it rip’ approach is creating major issues in our health system,
> with people under such enormous pressure,” he told reporters.
>
> The approach, he added, “is tearing communities apart. That’s the truth.”

We shall overcome.
If I get it I will give Turcaud boots a go.

> https://www.nbcnews.com/science/science-news/australia-decided-let-covid-
> rip-good-idea-rcna11509?icid=recommended

Will Sutton

Jan 19, 2022, 7:01:13 PM1/19/22
The problem is people are tending to treat the Omicron variant as a "mild" variant. The fact is its more transmittable and it can kill even if you are fully dosed.
It made me sick at Xmas and for 3 days it was bloody horrible and I still have long term symptoms.

Rod Speed

Jan 19, 2022, 10:11:07 PM1/19/22
Will Sutton <wlsu...@gmail.com> wrote

> The problem is people are tending to treatthe Omicron variant as a
> "mild" variant.

The actual problem is that it is much more infectious and
that you are infectious before you get any symptoms and
that the current vaccines aren't very good at preventing
you from getting infected, but still very good at stopping
you getting severe disease that needs hospital treatment
for you to survive and stopping you from being killed by it.

> The fact is its more transmittable

Yes.

> and it can kill even if you are fully dosed.

Only if you have very serious co morbiditys.

> It made me sick at Xmas and for 3 days it was bloodyhorrible and I still
> have long term symptoms.

Pity it didnt kill you.

1.AAC0832

Jan 20, 2022, 8:29:06 AM1/20/22
On 1/18/22 10:05 PM, Petzl wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Jan 2022 21:28:56 -0500, A154B456p43 <kubb...@u8332.net>
> wrote:
>
>> It is not a good idea. Actually, given the saga of
>> the tennis player, it appears they are not keen to
>> just "let 'er rip". Omicron may be "mild-ER" but
>> enough cases fast enough would still overwhelm
>> their hospital capacity. A side effect of keeping
>> covid suppressed for so long is that it means a
>> larger percentage are ripe to catch it.
>>
> Omicron is overwhelming every western nation with or without the
> lock-down.
> Facts are right now to keep supply going it to a regulated degree has
> to be learned to live with.
>
> CNN and MSM (fakenews) are growing broke now choking on their own
> bullshit. Forcing them to turn on those elect via a stolen election!
> <https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker-carlson-mainstream-media-turning-on-joe-biden>
> or https://t.ly/Dttv
> Tucker Carlson: Mainstream media is turning on Joe Biden
> Mainstream media cannot ignore the Biden calamity they created

They did, are and will continue to ignore the
calamity they created.

Remember "Baghdad Bob" - Saddam's main propaganda
guy ? He was literally on media telling Iraqis
that the American invaders were being defeated
and driven out of the country while you could
hear M-1 tanks rolling by outside the venue.

Anyway, Omicron really isn't as bad as the previous
variants - which is good. However it's still bad
ENOUGH, and super-catchy. The Australian population
(and we think Western Oz - but it's like dropped
out of the universe so it's hard to know) went
all CovidFascist and DID prevent a lot of cases
that way (at other horrible prices alas). Their
vax rate isn't any better than anybody elses
alas. This means a larger percentage with no
Omicron WILL take full advantage.

Rod Speed

Jan 20, 2022, 12:35:07 PM1/20/22
1.AAC0832 <z24ba7.net> wrote
> Petzl wrote
>> A154B456p43 <kubb...@u8332.net> wrote

>>> It is not a good idea. Actually, given the saga of
>>> the tennis player, it appears they are not keen to
>>> just "let 'er rip". Omicron may be "mild-ER" but
>>> enough cases fast enough would still overwhelm
>>> their hospital capacity. A side effect of keeping
>>> covid suppressed for so long is that it means a
>>> larger percentage are ripe to catch it.

>> Omicron is overwhelming every westernnation with or without the
>> lock-down.

Bullshit.

>> Facts are right now to keep supply going it to aregulated degree has to
>> be learned to live with.

More mindless bullshit.

> Anyway, Omicron really isn't as bad as the previous variants -
> which is good.

Thats very arguable indeed given the death rate we are seeing.

> However it's still bad ENOUGH, and super-catchy.

> The Australian population (and we think Western Oz - but it's like
> dropped out of the universe so it's hard to know)

Only for pig ignorant yanks.

> went all CovidFascist and DID prevent a lot of cases that way

Yep, vastly better deaths by covid per million than
the USA, UK, etc etc etc. Only New Zealand and
Taiwan of substantial countrys have done better.

> (at other horrible prices alas).

That's pig ignorant mindless yankee bullshit.
All of Australia, Taiwan and New Zealand have
done fine, better than the USA and UK in fact.

> Their vax rate isn't any better than anybody elses alas.

More pig ignorant yankee bullshit. Well over 95% fully
vaxed in the state capitals and major towns. Leaves
you stupid yanks for dead. UK too, particularly London.

> This means a larger percentage with no

Don't need to supplement the vax.

> and Omicron WILL take full advantage.

Bullshit with what matters, severe disease and death.

Will Sutton

Jan 20, 2022, 5:28:03 PM1/20/22

well not all of Australia with WA deciding to stay closed

Yes, get the kids vaxxed and give the nurses and doctors a holiday and then open up

I wish I was a Sandgroper because the current NSW Premier is like a bull in a china shop, jeez, even with ICAC I still prefer Gladys

This current idiot has just let everything fall apart

Petzl

Jan 20, 2022, 6:05:11 PM1/20/22
He is doing what needs to be done in getting Australia moving, keeping
food on the shelves.

The NSW Liberals have improved everything just look at the road toll
<https://www.theland.com.au/story/7568619/safety-campaigns-drive-nsw-road-toll-to-lowest-in-100-years/>
https://t.ly/QAeV
NSW road toll lowest in almost 100 years
--
Petzl
Gough Whitlam when Joe Riordan lost the seat of Philip in Sydney’s

I had an uncle that lived in Wellington. He voted Liberal all his
life until he passed away 10 years ago. Now he votes Labor.

Daniel65

Jan 27, 2022, 6:26:44 AM1/27/22
Petzl wrote on 21/1/22 10:05 am:
> On Thu, 20 Jan 2022 14:28:02 -0800 (PST), Will Sutton
> <wlsu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> well not all of Australia with WA deciding to stay closed
>>
>> Yes, get the kids vaxxed and give the nurses and doctors a holiday and then open up
>>
>> I wish I was a Sandgroper because the current NSW Premier is like a bull in a china shop, jeez, even with ICAC I still prefer Gladys
>>
>> This current idiot has just let everything fall apart
>>
> He is doing what needs to be done in getting Australia moving, keeping
> food on the shelves.
>
> The NSW Liberals have improved everything just look at the road toll
> <https://www.theland.com.au/story/7568619/safety-campaigns-drive-nsw-road-toll-to-lowest-in-100-years/>
> https://t.ly/QAeV
> NSW road toll lowest in almost 100 years

because bugger all are driving in to work or just 'going out'!
--
Daniel

Fran

Jan 27, 2022, 4:19:54 PM1/27/22
On 27/01/2022 10:26 pm, Daniel65 wrote:
> Petzl wrote on 21/1/22 10:05 am:
>> On Thu, 20 Jan 2022 14:28:02 -0800 (PST), Will Sutton
>> <wlsu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> well not all of Australia with WA deciding to stay closed
>>>
>>> Yes, get the kids vaxxed and give the nurses and doctors a holiday
>>> and then open up
>>>
>>> I wish I was a Sandgroper because the current NSW Premier is like a
>>> bull in a china shop, jeez, even with ICAC I still prefer Gladys
>>>
>>> This current idiot has just let everything fall apart
>>>
>> He is doing what needs to be done in getting Australia moving, keeping
>> food on the shelves.

Your really should try going to the supermarket more often.

>> The NSW Liberals have improved everything just look at the road toll
>> <https://www.theland.com.au/story/7568619/safety-campaigns-drive-nsw-road-toll-to-lowest-in-100-years/>
>>
>>         https://t.ly/QAeV
>> NSW road toll lowest in almost 100 years
>
> because bugger all are driving in to work or just 'going out'!

Indeed. Poor old pretzel.

Will Sutton

Jan 27, 2022, 4:48:46 PM1/27/22

its doesn't matter the horse has bolted and is 20 k's down the road

We are having heaps of old people dying as Covid ravages the Old in these Old Folks Death Camps

*Ördög*

Jan 27, 2022, 4:53:22 PM1/27/22
It was written by Fran:

> Daniel65
>> Petz
>>> Will Sutton

>>> He is doing what needs to be done in getting Australia moving, keeping
>>> food on the shelves.
>
> Your really should try going to the supermarket more often.

Given the current Omicron ripping us all quite unchecked (Thanks LNP)
maybe that is not quite a good advise.
Although Petz's Shitboxville parkbench residence provides lots of of COVID
safe fresh air even when the volunteer social workers go around to hand
out food packages to the homeless.

>>> The NSW Liberals have improved everything just look at the road toll
>>> <https://www.theland.com.au/story/7568619/safety-campaigns-drive-nsw-
road-toll-to-lowest-in-100-years/>
>>>         https://t.ly/QAeV
>>> NSW road toll lowest in almost 100 years

The LNP has fucked up good our public transport in NSW yet again with el-
cheapo investment options including the Sydney Metro (also look at what
has happened to the trams in Sydney).
Everything is geared for a show not for durability nor for optimal
usability nor for efficiency.
And I don't even want to rant about the toll-road mania, virtually
privatising public infrastructure making fast on-road transit a hardly
enforceable luxury for the average punter.

>> because bugger all are driving in to work or just 'going out'!
>
> Indeed. Poor old pretzel.

He is a total mental mess. But I can't go easy on him given the vile alt-
right propaganda he is spreading. He should be institutionalised to
provide the professional physical and mental care he so badly needs but w/
o Internet access.

Ördög - 👹️ - The newsgroup Devil at your service.

Petzl

Jan 27, 2022, 5:26:22 PM1/27/22
More cars on the roads around Sydney as more choose not to go by
public transport.
--
Petzl
The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of other

All governments lie about some things, but Ordogs totalitarian
governments lie about everything.

On March fourteenth, in the year of our Lord. Eighteen eighty three
Karl Marx made his most important contribution to mankind...
He died

There is no difference between communism and socialism,
except in the means of achieving the same ultimate end:
communism proposes to enslave men by force,
socialism - by vote.
It is merely the difference between murder and suicide
#Margaret Thatcher

Fran

Jan 28, 2022, 7:20:59 PM1/28/22
On 28/01/2022 8:53 am, *Ördög* wrote:
> It was written by Fran:
>
>> Daniel65
>>> Petz

>> Your really should try going to the supermarket more often.
>
> Given the current Omicron ripping us all quite unchecked (Thanks LNP)
> maybe that is not quite a good advise.

I dunno.... I don't see pretzel as being a valuable member of society so
I wonder if his popping his clogs would cause any distress to anyone.
but aside from that thought bubble, if he actually looked at the
supermarket shelves regularly, he might learn something about supply
chain issues. If we've learned anything from the pandemic that should be
one area where our society can earn.

> Although Petz's Shitboxville parkbench residence provides lots of of COVID
> safe fresh air even when the volunteer social workers go around to hand
> out food packages to the homeless.

:-))

> road-toll-to-lowest-in-100-years/>
>
> The LNP has fucked up good our public transport in NSW yet again with el-
> cheapo investment options including the Sydney Metro (also look at what
> has happened to the trams in Sydney).
> Everything is geared for a show not for durability nor for optimal
> usability nor for efficiency.
> And I don't even want to rant about the toll-road mania, virtually
> privatising public infrastructure making fast on-road transit a hardly
> enforceable luxury for the average punter.
>>>
>>> because bugger all are driving in to work or just 'going out'!
>>
>> Indeed. Poor old pretzel.
>
> He is a total mental mess. But I can't go easy on him given the vile alt-
> right propaganda he is spreading. He should be institutionalised to
> provide the professional physical and mental care he so badly needs but w/
> o Internet access.

Nah. Just send him to the supermarket on a daily basis without a face
mask.