D-MAC: PHOTOSHOP FROM THE MASTER !

Annika1980

Feb 8, 2007, 10:16:00 AM2/8/07

D-Mac, aka "Douglas St. James MacDonald" has once again graced us with
a fine example of his Photoshop mastery.

Check out these two pics from his current EBAY auctions:

http://www.brisbaneweddingphotographers.com/e-bay/home-bch-pano.jpg
http://www.brisbaneweddingphotographers.com/e-bay/the-gorge.jpg

Getting the two children to smile with the exact same expressions on
their faces must've been tough. But not as tough as that selective
DOF effect at the top. One can hardly even tell where the brush
strokes were made.

"Tickle your ass with a 50px feather, D-Mac?"

I won't comment on the ethics of pasting images onto other images to
represent the actual photograph being auctioned.

google...@sensation.net.au

Feb 8, 2007, 1:22:06 PM2/8/07
On Feb 9, 2:16 am, "Annika1980" <annika1...@aol.com> wrote:
> D-Mac, aka "Douglas St. James MacDonald" has once again graced us with
> a fine example of his Photoshop mastery.
>
> Check out these two pics from his current EBAY auctions:
>
> http://www.brisbaneweddingphotographers.com/e-bay/home-bch-pano.jpghttp://www.brisbaneweddingphotographers.com/e-bay/the-gorge.jpg

> Getting the two children to smile with the exact same expressions on
> their faces must've been tough. But not as tough as that selective
> DOF effect at the top. One can hardly even tell where the brush
> strokes were made.
>
> "Tickle your ass with a 50px feather, D-Mac?"
>
> I won't comment on the ethics of pasting images onto other images to
> represent the actual photograph being auctioned.

IMHO that's bordering on fraud as it's certainly not an accurate
representation of the actual product that is for sale. Super dodgy.

mark.t...@gmail.com

Feb 8, 2007, 4:41:37 PM2/8/07
On Feb 9, 4:22 am, googlegro...@sensation.net.au wrote:
> On Feb 9, 2:16 am, "Annika1980" <annika1...@aol.com> wrote:
>

> > D-Mac, aka "Douglas St. James MacDonald" has once again graced us with
> > a fine example of his Photoshop mastery.
>
> > Check out these two pics from his current EBAY auctions:
>
> >http://www.brisbaneweddingphotographers.com/e-bay/home-bch-pano.jpght...

> > Getting the two children to smile with the exact same expressions on
> > their faces must've been tough. But not as tough as that selective
> > DOF effect at the top. One can hardly even tell where the brush
> > strokes were made.
>
> > "Tickle your ass with a 50px feather, D-Mac?"
>
> > I won't comment on the ethics of pasting images onto other images to
> > represent the actual photograph being auctioned.
>
> IMHO that's bordering on fraud as it's certainly not an accurate
> representation of the actual product that is for sale. Super dodgy.

And check the vertical mirroring 1/4 of the way in from the left on
the first image. If DMac doesn't have enough image data for a pano,
he just copies and pastes. Yeeuch. Bet that just looks *great* on a
poster, er.. up until you notice it....

To Douglas, everyone was born yesterday. Sadly, enough people *are*
to keep his business going, apparently...

Douglas MacDonald

Feb 8, 2007, 5:31:14 PM2/8/07

"Annika1980" <annik...@aol.com> wrote in message
:
: D-Mac, aka "Douglas St. James MacDonald" has once again graced us with

: a fine example of his Photoshop mastery.
:
: Bullshit removed:
:
: I won't comment on the ethics of pasting images onto other images to

: represent the actual photograph being auctioned.
:-----------------
Jealousy is a nasty emotion. Being jealous of my success will only bring out
the black in your heart and past. Sure, I pasted the images into one
picture. That's quite allowable in advertising. No one is getting cheated.
The picture is the one I sell.

As for the background? Hardly very nice what my basement looked like during
renovations so I blurred it. Unlike the master of loudmouthed Americans -
Bret Douglas who carries around an encounter with a golf Pro from 1980 as
if it were some kind of badge of honour... I actually make a very nice
living selling my Photographs.

Read what my eBay customers thought about these pictures. They actually
stood in front of them before paying....

"Absolutely Gorgeous. Easy to deal with. Highly recommended A++++++++"
"Absolutely Gorgeous. Worth every cent. Easy to deal with. Recommend
A++++++"
"Beautiful print!!! I love it. Excellent seller. Highly recommended. Thanks"
" A most reliable and trustworthy seller. Highly recommended. A1"

Just for Bret Douglas... The world's greatest GOLF CADDIE. WOW! This really
is a fresh low you've risen to. Take a lesson from one of your own people:
http://blinkynet.net/comp/troll.html

Douglas.

Annika1980

Feb 8, 2007, 5:37:38 PM2/8/07
On Feb 8, 5:31 pm, "Douglas MacDonald" <photosbydouglas-

gro...@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> Jealousy is a nasty emotion. Being jealous of my success will only bring out
> the black in your heart and past. Sure, I pasted the images into one
> picture. That's quite allowable in advertising. No one is getting cheated.
> The picture is the one I sell.

Why would I be jealous of a fraud and a faker?

> Read what my eBay customers thought about these pictures. They actually
> stood in front of them before paying....
>
> "Absolutely Gorgeous. Easy to deal with. Highly recommended A++++++++"
> "Absolutely Gorgeous. Worth every cent. Easy to deal with. Recommend
> A++++++"
> "Beautiful print!!! I love it. Excellent seller. Highly recommended. Thanks"
> " A most reliable and trustworthy seller. Highly recommended. A1"

One wonders if those were real testimonials or perhaps you just pasted
them in, like you do your photos?

Now perhaps you'd like to address Mark's observation that your first
pic was mirrored in Photoshop?

Douglas MacDonald

Feb 8, 2007, 7:27:18 PM2/8/07

: On Feb 8, 5:31 pm, "Douglas MacDonald" <photosbydouglas-
:
I replied to that question through eBay. Here is the reply:

Why did you mirror the left side of the pic, faker?
09-Feb-07 A: Thank you for your question Bret. I'm surprised you remember
my nickname. It's over 30 years since I painted the piece which gave me the
name. Shipping to Tennessee will cost you $195 US in addition to the
purchase price. I seem to recall you have commented on my work many times
before. Thank you for your flattering remarks. You are right. Sadly, not
everyone who picks up a camera can create photographs like these, as you
know by your own attempts. If you have no imagination,you are better off
buying your art from someone like me. I can offer you substantial discounts
if you wish to line the walls of the cabin you call home, with glorious,
Australian photographic art on canvas. I mirrored the left side of the
picture to turn a relatively mundane scene into one of breathtaking beauty.
This particular canvas print is my most popular out of the entire Straddle
2007 collection. 2nd most popular is item # 170071613634 which you passed
comment on last year, I believe. The concept of my canvas prints is to merge
art and Photography. They are almost always my interpretation of the scene,
not necessarily a faithful reproduction of it. In the Home Beach scene, if
you block the left side with a piece of paper, you will see how effective
mirroring part of the image to "grow" it, actually is. Accompanying each
print is a full description of how the scene was composed and the print
created. The canvas itself is Poly/cotton, made in USA. Vacuum bonded to MDF
and stepped 12mm above another MDF backing board coloured with a neutral
"soft Black". The centre is removed for light weight. When you purchase one
of my Giclée canvas prints, you can consider it an heirloom, able to be
handed down from generation to generation. Simply the finest means available
to preserve memories or moments in time, like the home beach scene. Good
luck and Happy bidding! Douglas

x.gif

Wilba

Feb 8, 2007, 8:03:55 PM2/8/07
mark.thomas wrote:

> And check the vertical mirroring 1/4 of the way in from the left on
> the first image. If DMac doesn't have enough image data for a pano,
> he just copies and pastes. Yeeuch. Bet that just looks *great* on a
> poster, er.. up until you notice it....

Wow, yeah, I only glanced at the image at first. Extremely dodgy.

Annika1980

Feb 8, 2007, 10:56:35 PM2/8/07
On Feb 8, 7:27 pm, "Douglas MacDonald" <photosbydouglas-
gro...@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

I'd consider it a piece of crap like the rest of the garbage you sell.
Better stick to your usual clientele ... old ladies with poor eyesight
that buy their 'art' down at the booth on the pier.

kosh

Feb 14, 2007, 8:26:33 PM2/14/07
Sadly, not
> everyone who picks up a camera can create photographs like these, as you
> know by your own attempts. If you have no imagination,you are better off
> buying your art from someone like me.

WOW..... how to stroke a customers ego!

The centre is removed for light weight. When you purchase one
> of my Giclée canvas prints, you can consider it an heirloom, able to be
> handed down from generation to generation. Simply the finest means available

> to preserve memories or moments in time.

Humility is not a strong point is it?

kosh

Feb 14, 2007, 8:29:10 PM2/14/07

if I did what i would call a HATCHET job to blur out the background it
would still be better than this.....

while I have no ethical problem with altering a product photo to draw
attention to the product.... it has to be done well, to avoid draing the
legitimacy of the product into question..... as is the case here.

kosh