Re: Abbott lies again, this time on NBN

Jeßus

Jun 19, 2015, 10:01:32 PM6/19/15
On Sat, 20 Jun 2015 10:02:12 +1000, Fran Farmer
<a...@maybeitwillbeforthcoming.com> wrote:

>I can't even get adequate 'normal' internet where I live, nor a decent
>mobile phone reception and I'm not that far from 'civilisation'. It's
>not going to happen in the next few decades except in the cities.

Yep. I'm on the NBN interim satellite service and let's just say it's
not real great :/ It was fantastic to start with - until they
oversubscribed the hell out of the service.

Only recently, I'm not even permitted to buy more quota to top up my
2GB peak quota (I do have a 180GB off peak quota though) Then again,
it's often hard to pick the difference between being shaped or not
shaped - it's basically the same these days.

Off peak isn't so bad for downloading large amounts of data (read
files), but the inherent latency of satellites make general web
surfing quite slow even during off-peak - this wasn't such a problem
in the earlier days of low congestion.