Morse Code Rulez!!!!

Enjoy Morse Code

Aug 1, 2004, 5:30:53 AM8/1/04
Stuff Broadband
Stuff Dialup

Morse Code RULEZ!!!!!

Jeßus

Aug 1, 2004, 6:04:56 AM8/1/04

-... .. --. / ..-. ...- -.-. -.- .. -. --. / -.. . .- .-..

--
/Jeßus/
Some people have so much respect for their superiors they have none left for

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

C3

Aug 2, 2004, 7:07:33 AM8/2/04

"John-Steele" <a...@valid.int> wrote in message

> "Rom" <re...@group.invalid> wrote:
> > > -... .. --. / ..-. ...- -.-. -.- .. -. --. / -.. . .- .-..
> >
> > .-.. --- .-..
>
> You need to buy the upgrade, morse code has gone digital.

Wasn't morse code _always_ digital?

Message has been deleted

kenn...@kannicomm.com.au

Aug 2, 2004, 7:42:01 AM8/2/04
"C3" <_> wrote:

Good point, but I don't reckon. I take it you mean that it is already
binary: dashes and dots. But what about the spaces?

If spaces between letters are required in Morse code, then wouldn't at
least a 2 bit byte be required to represent each of dash/dot/space?

The English alphabet is represented in 8 bit bytes as ASCII. Morse needs
at least 2 bit bytes, but bytes nonetheless. If the English alphabet
hasn't always been digital, then neither has Morse.

On the other hand, if Morse in fact *doesn't* need spaces between
letters, could someone please pass the dunce's cap?

EnjoyDialup

Aug 2, 2004, 7:53:11 PM8/2/04

<kenn...@kannicomm.com.au> wrote in message

> > Wasn't morse code _always_ digital?
>

> Good point, but I don't reckon. I take it you mean that it is already
> binary: dashes and dots. But what about the spaces?
>
> If spaces between letters are required in Morse code, then wouldn't at
> least a 2 bit byte be required to represent each of dash/dot/space?
>
> The English alphabet is represented in 8 bit bytes as ASCII. Morse needs
> at least 2 bit bytes, but bytes nonetheless. If the English alphabet
> hasn't always been digital, then neither has Morse.
>

> On the other hand, if Morse in fact *doesn't* need spaces between
> letters, could someone please pass the dunce's cap?

Morse code does have gaps. Therefore it is trinary not binary.

--
EnjoyDialup - You know you want to...
mail=valid required when replying
http://www.aussieonline.net/~enjoydialup/truth about HyperOz & Nigel Howe

Aug 3, 2004, 3:31:04 AM8/3/04
actually the spaces are not really needed. They just make life easier when
listening to the code. Each letter technically has its own code and no two
are the same and no two need spaces to be that particular letter. As far as
I can tell morse code only really used the spaces (or pauses) to make life
easy for the human beings who had to listen to it and translate it.

--

http://www.hyperoz.com.au/

EnjoyDialup

Aug 3, 2004, 6:26:23 AM8/3/04
The length of the code for each letter is not fixed. for example e is . and
o is --- There is no way of knowing when letters start and end without
the gaps. especialy if you are coming in mid stream.
You clearly dont know morse code, not that ignorance has ever stopped you
from commenting.

--
EnjoyDialup - You know you want to...
mail=valid required when replying
http://www.aussieonline.net/~enjoydialup
http://www.aussieonline.net/~enjoydialup/truth about HyperOz & Nigel Howe

"VŠ" <sunny@sunny> wrote in message

Spudley

Aug 3, 2004, 8:20:21 AM8/3/04
Wrong.
But what the hey, you were on a sausage roll there. :-)

"VŠ" <sunny@sunny> wrote in message

> actually the spaces are not really needed. They just make life easier
when
> listening to the code. Each letter technically has its own code and no
two
> are the same and no two need spaces to be that particular letter. As far
as
> I can tell morse code only really used the spaces (or pauses) to make life
> easy for the human beings who had to listen to it and translate it.

Wrong.
But what the hey, you were on a good sausage roll there. :-)

Aug 3, 2004, 9:26:17 PM8/3/04
Prove me wrong :p

--

http://www.hyperoz.com.au/

"Spudley" <nil...@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message

gailen.g...@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2013, 1:41:28 PM2/24/13
to _...@ii.net
That isn't a u. You mis-spelled your cuss word.

Je�us

Dec 14, 2013, 3:45:53 AM12/14/13
On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 10:41:28 -0800 (PST), gailen.g...@gmail.com
wrote:

>On Sunday, August 1, 2004 5:04:56 AM UTC-5, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Je=DFus?= wrote:
>> On Sun, 1 Aug 2004 07:30 pm, Enjoy Morse Code [mo...@code.com] said:
>>
>> > Stuff Broadband
>> > Stuff Dialup
>> >
>> > Morse Code RULEZ!!!!!

>> --
>> /Je�us/
>> Some people have so much respect for their superiors they have none left for
>> themselves - Peter McArthur
>
>That isn't a u. You mis-spelled your cuss word.

Sorry. I blame the cat for the error.