parking fines NSW darling harbour and pyrmont

29 views
Skip to first unread message

Zebee Johnstone

unread,
Oct 29, 2019, 6:00:29 AM10/29/19
to
just in case any other dinosaur is reading this instead of
stalkerbook.


JUst in from the MotorCycle Council of NSW - the NSW motorcyclist's
advocacy group.

=======


A number of riders have recently contacted the MCC after being booked
for not paying a Parking Fee when they parked in the CBD in areas
where they thought had an exemption from having to purchase a ticket.



This situation has arisen as a result of Place Management (formerly
The Sydney Harbour Foreshore Authority) taking control of parking in
the areas they manage in The Rocks, Darling Harbour and Pyrmont.



The MCC has been advised that the areas managed by Place Management
NSW will mirror the City of Sydney policy on motorbike parking. We’ve
been advised this by email, this is to be followed up by letter.



The MCC has also been advised that anyone issued with a parking
penalty notice who raised this with Revenue NSW will have their
penalty notices waived. These penalty notices have been issued by
Property NSW.

=======

Diogenes

unread,
Nov 1, 2019, 1:16:40 AM11/1/19
to

Hi Zebee. :-)

FMurtz

unread,
Nov 1, 2019, 10:40:00 PM11/1/19
to
So we now seem to have two readers and one contributor left since
melbourne contributors left to facebook

Rheilly Phoull

unread,
Nov 2, 2019, 4:41:01 AM11/2/19
to
On 2/11/2019 10:39 am, FMurtz wrote:
> Diogenes wrote:
>>
>> Hi Zebee.  :-)
>>
>>
>> On Tue, 29 Oct 2019 10:00:28 -0000 (UTC), Zebee Johnstone
>> <zeb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> just in case any other dinosaur is reading this instead of
>>> stalkerbook.
>>>
>>>
>>> JUst in from the MotorCycle Council of NSW - the NSW motorcyclist's
>>> advocacy group.
>>>
>>> =======
>>>
>>> A number of riders have recently contacted the MCC after being booked
>>> for not paying a Parking Fee when they parked in the CBD in areas
>>> where they thought had an exemption from having to purchase a ticket.
>>>
>>>
>>> This situation has arisen as a result of Place Management (formerly
>>> The Sydney Harbour Foreshore Authority) taking control of parking in
>>> the areas they manage in The Rocks, Darling Harbour and Pyrmont.
>>>
>>>
>>> The MCC has been advised that the areas managed by Place Management
>>> NSW will mirror the City of Sydney policy on motorbike parking. We’ve
>>> been advised this by email, this is to be followed up by letter.
>>>
>>>
>>> The MCC has also been advised that anyone issued with a parking
>>> penalty notice who raised this with Revenue NSW will have their
>>> penalty notices waived. These penalty notices have been issued by
>>> Property NSW.
>>>
>>> =======
>>
> So we now seem to have two readers and one contributor left since
> melbourne contributors left to  facebook

+1 here

FMurtz

unread,
Nov 2, 2019, 5:35:13 AM11/2/19
to
OOps three readers.

Diogenes

unread,
Nov 3, 2019, 6:04:05 PM11/3/19
to
On Sat, 2 Nov 2019 20:35:09 +1100, FMurtz <hag...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> >> So we now seem to have two readers and one contributor left since
> >> melbourne contributors left to  facebook
> >
> > +1 here

> OOps three readers.

Shit! Quick, let's organise a meet-up! Bwahahaha...

FMurtz

unread,
Nov 3, 2019, 10:05:56 PM11/3/19
to
Even that falls through when one dies. :)

Diogenes

unread,
Nov 4, 2019, 7:20:14 AM11/4/19
to
I've sold my 650cc cruiser and bought a 172cc scooter.

https://scoota.com.au/scooters/sym-hd2/

I'm lovin' it! :-)))

I call it my "mobility scooter".


FMurtz

unread,
Nov 7, 2019, 8:19:50 AM11/7/19
to
Is it fast enough for 110 highway and how much for rego?

Diogenes

unread,
Nov 7, 2019, 6:24:00 PM11/7/19
to
Yep, on flat land it will sit on 110 happily. It peaks at 120.
However, it doesn't like steep hills. On steep hills, 80 is about max.

I only use it for short-ish trips (average trip would be about 15kms).
I'm done doing long trips on two wheels, and here in the Blue
Mountains all the speed limits are 80 or less so it's fine for around
here.

An 8 litre tankful goes for about 250kms. (3.2l/100km) (and don't
forget there's bugger-all flat land cruising involved.) Cheap as
chips. You just need to get used to gutless performance (compared to
a 650cc thing.)

Rego costs $131 + $86 for CTP = $217






FMurtz

unread,
Nov 8, 2019, 3:19:02 AM11/8/19
to
My 1000 cc thing is getting to be a hand full for 77 in stop go city
traffic (alright on the highways). but it now costs nearly nothing to
keep as I have hysterical rego now. The ctp part of the rego is $24.00
and I will never use up the 60 trips plus official rides

Diogenes

unread,
Nov 8, 2019, 9:06:53 PM11/8/19
to
On Fri, 8 Nov 2019 19:18:43 +1100, FMurtz <hag...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> >> Is it fast enough for 110 highway and how much for rego?
> >
> > Yep, on flat land it will sit on 110 happily. It peaks at 120.
> > However, it doesn't like steep hills. On steep hills, 80 is about max.
> >
> > I only use it for short-ish trips (average trip would be about 15kms).
> > I'm done doing long trips on two wheels, and here in the Blue
> > Mountains all the speed limits are 80 or less so it's fine for around
> > here.
> >
> > An 8 litre tankful goes for about 250kms. (3.2l/100km) (and don't
> > forget there's bugger-all flat land cruising involved.) Cheap as
> > chips. You just need to get used to gutless performance (compared to
> > a 650cc thing.)
> >
> > Rego costs $131 + $86 for CTP = $217

> My 1000 cc thing is getting to be a hand full for 77 in stop go city
> traffic (alright on the highways). but it now costs nearly nothing to
> keep as I have hysterical rego now. The ctp part of the rego is $24.00
> and I will never use up the 60 trips plus official rides

The scooter is only half the weight of the old cruiser and is so much
easier to handle - and amzingly nimble. What came as a real surprise
was that I now corner with much more confidence which suggests to me,
in retrospect, that I must have been ill at ease cornering the
cruiser. I think it was the weight of the thing that spooked me.


AndrewM

unread,
Apr 19, 2020, 3:08:52 AM4/19/20
to
Hi Zebee

Did you around 1975 / 1976 purchase a Yamaha R5 second hand? You might have paid $300.

Zebee Johnstone

unread,
Apr 19, 2020, 6:49:54 AM4/19/20
to
In aus.motorcycles on Sun, 19 Apr 2020 00:08:50 -0700 (PDT)
AndrewM <amck...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Zebee
>
> Did you around 1975 / 1976 purchase a Yamaha R5 second hand? You might have paid $300.

Not 75/76

Maybe 85/86 in Adelaide. White tank?

Zebee

AndrewM

unread,
Apr 19, 2020, 10:49:49 PM4/19/20
to
Hi Zebee
Yes, the tank was white with orange swoops on the side behind the Yamaha badges. It was my brother's and he was told by the Yamaha Dealer that it was the only R5 in South Australia. He sold it 1975 - 1976 to a woman, which is why I thought of you because I knew you had owned one, but it can't be you if your purchase was a decade later. Do you know anything about the person you bought it from?

Zebee Johnstone

unread,
Apr 20, 2020, 5:30:15 AM4/20/20
to
In aus.motorcycles on Sun, 19 Apr 2020 19:49:48 -0700 (PDT)
AndrewM <amck...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sunday, 19 April 2020 20:49:54 UTC+10, Zebee Johnstone wrote:
>> In aus.motorcycles on Sun, 19 Apr 2020 00:08:50 -0700 (PDT)
>> AndrewM <amck...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi Zebee
>> >
>> > Did you around 1975 / 1976 purchase a Yamaha R5 second hand? You might have paid $300.
>>
>> Not 75/76
>>
>> Maybe 85/86 in Adelaide. White tank?
>>
>> Zebee
>
> Hi Zebee
> Yes, the tank was white with orange swoops on the side behind the Yamaha badges. It was my brother's and he was told by the Yamaha Dealer that it was the only R5 in South Australia. He sold it 1975 - 1976 to a woman, which is why I thought of you because I knew you had owned one, but it can't be you if your purchase was a decade later. Do you know anything about the person you bought it from?

Alas no.

And the tank was painted white all over when I had it.

Lovely fast little thing it was, I think it ended up as part payment
for a Ducati :)

Zebee

Diogenes

unread,
May 8, 2020, 5:30:16 PM5/8/20
to
On Sun, 19 Apr 2020 19:49:48 -0700 (PDT), AndrewM <amck...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Zebee
> Yes, the tank was white with orange swoops on the side behind the Yamaha badges.
> It was my brother's and he was told by the Yamaha Dealer that it was the only
> R5 in South Australia. He sold it 1975 - 1976 to a woman, which is why I thought
> of you because I knew you had owned one, but it can't be you if your purchase
> was a decade later. Do you know anything about the person you bought it from?

Hi Andrew. How's things? Sadly I not that your blog is dead. :-(

Still riding?

Cheers,

Gerry

=================
Onya bike...

Gerry

--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages