To flamers of all type...

1 view

Richard.B...@its.csiro.au

Nov 9, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/9/95
Bewdy! Now THIS is what I call a flame! None of that lame-arsed
Seppo nyaah nyaah stuff - this is REAL flaming! Gave me more
of a laugh than the last 397 jokes I have ploughed through in this
group. GO FOR IT MATE!

In article <47q3j6$e...@dingo.cc.uq.oz.au>, casca <mwil...@gpo.pa.uq.oz.au>
writes:

>Like a turd in a swimming pool, man-of-the-world Eric Siharta set out to
>spoil all the fun:
>
>> [blah, blah, wank, wank, look at the size of my morals]
>>
>>I have been to a lot of other countries
>
>Any chance of visiting them again? And maybe longer this time?
>
>>and I have a lot of friends everywhere
>
>Well gee Eric, excuse us socially inept types.
>
>>Every country have different cultures, and as an educated individual
>>one must accept the fact and respect that.
>
>Who said we're educated? Just because we have access to computers, your
>knee-jerk stereotypes kick in and you assume we're educated. Now I have
>a passport too, and as much as I've travelled, I'm yet to meet a more
>boring, officious prick anywhere. Don't lecture us, amuse us. If you
>can't, create an aus.tedious.lectures.by.self-important.farts newsgroup.
>
>>Do not blame on every individual as everyone is different no matter
>>what their nationality is. For those who likes to stereotype,
>>maybe you should consider "how" you stereotype.
>
>..and on and on he went, barely pausing for more lubricant.

Peter Moylan

Nov 9, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/9/95
ALL I WANNA DO IS HAVE SOME FUN (sidh...@topaz.cqu.edu.au) wrote:

>To all those people arguing about americans posting a jokes article in this
>newsgroup...

>I would like to remind you the purpose of this newsgroup is to share jokes
>amongst internet users no matter what colour or nationality. [...]

Fair enough; but that's not the problem. I don't mind Americans
posting jokes here (provided that they're not of the "comprehensible
only to Americans" kind; Americans already have a rec.humor for
the "local interest only" style of posting). The issues that are
causing all the flak are:
1. There are some individuals (e.g. that dickhead with the American
flag in his signature) who are being so obnoxious that they're
giving a bad name to all Americans.
2. There are far too many people (not all of whom are American)
who use this group for discussion rather than for jokes.
IF THERE'S NOT A JOKE IN YOUR POSTING, IT DOESN'T BELONG HERE.

ObJoke:

A man was taking a load of manure home in a horse cart, when he
passed the local insane asylum. An inmate (working near the fence),
called out to the man.

Where are you going with that manure?

The man responded "Home, to put it on my strawberries".

The inmate replied "Gee, you should live here, we get cream on ours".

--
Peter Moylan pe...@ee.newcastle.edu.au
ftp://ee.newcastle.edu.au/pub/www/Moylan.html