TOXIC CUSTARD WORKSHOP FILES #48 - Tedium rare

Daniel Bowen

May 13, 1991, 1:36:23 AM5/13/91
And now for the incredible shrinking title:
_
TOXIC CUSTARD |_| |_| by Mr Luxury-Yacht edb13...@vx24.cc.monash.edu.au
WORKSHOP FILES | |_| Number 48 13th May 1991

The Fascist Fuckwits Federation (F.F.F.) are proud to announce the 1991
annual picnic, march, loot, and desecration of non-Aryan graves next
Tuesday, weather permitting. BYO army boots. Normal skinhead dress will
be expected. Brains will not be required. The planned schedule for the
day is:

11am - Meet in the park
Noon - Lunch
1pm - Racist speeches
2pm - Swastika tattooing, and head-shaving for the kids
3pm - Spontaneous march through the city demonstrating about how
the Jews, wogs, chinks, Japs and all their filthy foreign
friends get all the best jobs and stuff, just 'cos they're more
intelligent and better qualified. It's a conspiracy against
the supreme race of the world! Us!

During the picnic, the FFF will have various stalls organised, where you
can buy Nazi flags, Union jacks, Nazi earings, skinhead wigs, Nazi
headbands, air-tickets to South Africa to help our white brothers rid
their country of the undesirables, Nazi bumper stickers, old copies of Mein
Kampf, and the latest in neo-Nazi fun for the kids- the plastic inflatable
Jew (matches supplied).

Well, I guess I've run out of ideas for this week's TCWF.
I'm gonna go watch the news. Back in a mo'.

Good evening, you're watching ABC News, and I'm... I'm... I'm sorry,
the autocue machine seems to have vanished. And the top news story tonight
is the big autocue theft scandal. Yes, all over the world, autocue machines
have gone missing. Dubbed "the autocue thief" by police, someone who steals
autocues, has stolen some autocues. I could keep babbling like this for
half an hour, but I'll cross, live to our reporter on the scene, on the
other side of the studio, Katy Voxpop. Katy.

Thank you.. erm.. I'm sorry, I forget your name... umm.. it's thingo, isn't
it.. c'mon, we had lunch in the canteen just a few hours ago... Ri.. No no,
it could be J.. no no, I can't remember. Isn't it crazy; you know someone
for years and as soon as there comes a time that you have to say thank you
to them on national television, you forget their name. I mean it's stupid!
Anyway. Thank you. Police investigating the autocue theft are also looking
into the disappearance of several microph...

Suddenly, with malice of forethought, Calendiar burst triumphantly into
the file, the blaze of fire surrounding him. He stood triumphantly, and
triumphantly thrust out his groin to try and look butch, before sauntering
to his destiny. He was back. And while the minor details such as plot were
not yet sorted out, it was true that Calendiar's image was unsurpassable.
The threat, though vaguely littered with banana references, was not obvious
yet, and Calendiar had to be content with looking like a hero, but not
being able to use his undeniable skills against a definite enemy. Calendiar
was a professional hero. Only trouble was, he'd got himself stuck in a shitty
little production which would do nothing to enhance his public image. It was
all very well to write dynamic stories about the secret service (minus the
homosexual romps in custard), but this kind of thing was puerile.
Calendiar slided into the custard, looking for clues. He went under,
managing to avoid the writhing secret service agents around him. He could
see little through his goggles, which was just as well, and felt his way
down to the bottom of the pool of custard. Nothing. He went back up to
the top, and buggered off. So to speak.
He went to a cheap restaurant, one of the ones that had just installed
a special "dish dirtying" machine, so you'd KNOW it was cheap when you
ate there. Ordering a salad (to quick march into his mouth), he noticed
it. The mysterious banana motif on the waiters aprons. Not just a normal
average painted on logo, or a toxic plastic thing stitched on, but the
actual remains of a long-half-eaten banana.

To receive this mediocre crappy tedium direct through e-mail,
just reply to this posting, or send an e-mail request to
edb13...@vx24.cc.monash.edu.au Follow-ups to the poster
or to rec.humor.d please.
The mysterious cousin of TCWF, Rocket Roger, is available from
the Mad Scribe.. mail edb39...@vx24.cc.monash.edu.au

-------------------------------
Copyright (c) 1991 Daniel Bowen
--
Raymond Luxury-Yacht a.k.a. DANIEL BOWEN | %COPY-E-INPFNOTFOUND, The VAX
Monash University, Melbourne, Australia | has initiated a CPU committee

Go away, I've had enough of this for one week.

Got a life!

May 24, 1991, 8:40:58 AM5/24/91
Whoever wrote the following racist crap must be ashamed of himself; I don't
understand why people can be so prejudice. Those people shall never succeed,
at least they have missed out on the beauty of existance. Get a life!

They have missed the point of human race, namely individualism; it shows so
much immaturity in whoever wrote this. Maybe he will say that he is not
racist; get a life! Sub-consciously, he IS; go and read a Psychology book.

In article <1991May13...@vx24.cc.monash.edu.au> edb13...@vx24.cc.monash.edu.au (Daniel Bowen) writes:

>The Fascist Fuckwits Federation (F.F.F.) are proud to announce the 1991
>annual picnic, march, loot, and desecration of non-Aryan graves next
>Tuesday, weather permitting. BYO army boots. Normal skinhead dress will
>be expected. Brains will not be required. The planned schedule for the
>day is:
>
> 11am - Meet in the park
> Noon - Lunch
> 1pm - Racist speeches
> 2pm - Swastika tattooing, and head-shaving for the kids
> 3pm - Spontaneous march through the city demonstrating about how
> the Jews, wogs, chinks, Japs and all their filthy foreign
> friends get all the best jobs and stuff, just 'cos they're more
> intelligent and better qualified. It's a conspiracy against
> the supreme race of the world! Us!

There is no supreme race. Racism is a power play, it's for people who
hunger for their egos to be filled with the satisfaction of keeping others
down, and which (they think) implies they are lifted up.

Talking about best jobs and stuff; people are all individuals, the better
ones get better jobs, the not so better ones don't. It has no relation to
race or anything. As the author of this may not realize, the immigration
policy in Australia and other countries, is that only the good ones are
being selected (either rich or skilled), then, of course, this pheomeona
will occur; what's the point of letting unskilled, unqualified people into
our country?

No race is more supreme than any other. There are differences across
different groups, but the differences cannot be generalized to individuals.

The author is probably neither a Jew or a committed Christian; otherwise,
he should realize that Jews were the chosen ones by God. It doesn't
necessary make them more supreme; but if the nazi author really wanted to
find a supreme race, the Jews should well be chosen.

>During the picnic, the FFF will have various stalls organised, where you
>can buy Nazi flags, Union jacks, Nazi earings, skinhead wigs, Nazi
>headbands, air-tickets to South Africa to help our white brothers rid
>their country of the undesirables, Nazi bumper stickers, old copies of Mein
>Kampf, and the latest in neo-Nazi fun for the kids- the plastic inflatable
>Jew (matches supplied).
>- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Many people in Australia are racist, fine; but, do you have to post
it to international newsgroup so that our fault can be shown to the rest of
the world; and that everyone who read it will know that many of us Aussies
are racist?

If you study Economic History of Australia, you should realize that one of
the main reason why our economy is so bad is because we are racist. We
used to refuse to trade with geographically close countries, namely Asia;
and the Europeans and Americans don't need to trade with us as they are
self-sufficient and Australia is too far away; whatever they want to get
from Australia, they might as well get it from each other.

>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>To receive this mediocre crappy tedium direct through e-mail,
>just reply to this posting, or send an e-mail request to
>edb13...@vx24.cc.monash.edu.au Follow-ups to the poster
>or to rec.humor.d please.
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>The mysterious cousin of TCWF, Rocket Roger, is available from
>the Mad Scribe.. mail edb39...@vx24.cc.monash.edu.au
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

People should flame him through postings and e-mails, etc; if he's the one
who wrote it. Get a life!

>-------------------------------
>Copyright (c) 1991 Daniel Bowen
>--
>Raymond Luxury-Yacht a.k.a. DANIEL BOWEN | %COPY-E-INPFNOTFOUND, The VAX
>Monash University, Melbourne, Australia | has initiated a CPU committee
>edb13...@vx24.cc.monash.edu.au +-------+ meeting to find the file. DCL
>edb...@monu6.cc.monash.edu.au --+ will report result in four weeks.
>

>Go away, I've had enough of this for one week.

I have enough of your racist jokes, too! What a shame to Australia!

Daniel Bowen

May 24, 1991, 6:02:57 PM5/24/91
In article <1991May24.1...@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU> (Don't be bothered) writes:
>Whoever wrote the following racist crap must be ashamed of himself; I don't
>understand why people can be so prejudice. Those people shall never succeed,
>at least they have missed out on the beauty of existance. Get a life!

I wrote it.
And I find it hard to believe that this complaint is serious. Can you
honestly not see that it's ridiculing the white supremisists and other
racists?

>They have missed the point of human race, namely individualism; it shows so
>much immaturity in whoever wrote this. Maybe he will say that he is not
>racist; get a life! Sub-consciously, he IS; go and read a Psychology book.
>
>In article <1991May13...@vx24.cc.monash.edu.au> edb13...@vx24.cc.monash.edu.au (Daniel Bowen) writes:
>>
>>The Fascist Fuckwits Federation (F.F.F.) are proud to announce the 1991

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You're taking THIS as supportive of them?

>>annual picnic, march, loot, and desecration of non-Aryan graves next
>>Tuesday, weather permitting. BYO army boots. Normal skinhead dress will
>>be expected. Brains will not be required. The planned schedule for the

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is hardly tantamount to saying they're right, is it now?

>>day is:

>There is no supreme race. Racism is a power play, it's for people who
>hunger for their egos to be filled with the satisfaction of keeping others
>down, and which (they think) implies they are lifted up.

>I have enough of your racist jokes, too! What a shame to Australia!

No, you guessed correctly, I don't consider myself to be racist.
But this article is making FUN of racists.

For the record, I'm half-Chinese.

Daniel Bowen
Author, Toxic Custard Workshop Files
--
Raymond Luxury-Yacht a.k.a. DANIEL BOWEN | Counselling on banana addiction
Monash University, Melbourne, Australia | is obtainable from a free

Adam Bolton

May 24, 1991, 9:44:24 PM5/24/91
In article <1991May24.1...@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU> (Don't be bothered) writes:
>Whoever wrote the following racist crap must be ashamed of himself; I don't
>understand why people can be so prejudice. Those people shall never succeed,
>at least they have missed out on the beauty of existance. Get a life!

The only person to be ashamed of himself is yourself. And the person who has
missed out on the beauty of life is yourself. Why don't you get a life and
show a sense of humour and accept that article in the spirit of which it is
written...AS A BLOODY JOKE YOU TWIT.

>They have missed the point of human race, namely individualism; it shows so
>much immaturity in whoever wrote this. Maybe he will say that he is not
>racist; get a life! Sub-consciously, he IS; go and read a Psychology book.

I think you have missed the point of the human race. You are the one who is
immature.

>In article <1991May13...@vx24.cc.monash.edu.au> edb13...@vx24.cc.monash.edu.au (Daniel Bowen) writes:
>>
>>The Fascist Fuckwits Federation (F.F.F.) are proud to announce the 1991
>>annual picnic, march, loot, and desecration of non-Aryan graves next
>>Tuesday, weather permitting. BYO army boots. Normal skinhead dress will
>>be expected. Brains will not be required. The planned schedule for the
>>day is:
>

>People should flame him through postings and e-mails, etc; if he's the one
>who wrote it. Get a life!

The only person people should flame is you. I find the Toxic Custard Workshop
funny and so do a lot of other people. So why don't go and crawl back into the
little hole you crawled out from.

>I have enough of your racist jokes, too! What a shame to Australia!

The feeling is mutual, I've had enough of you. If you can't accept a joke in
the spirit of which it is made then don't reply, better yet don't even read
them. I hope people flame you.

--
Adam Bolton abo...@loki.une.oz.au Smile damnit.
University of NewEngland, Northern Rivers

"What the hell does astronaught mean anyway? Star Voyager."

Ben Feen

May 25, 1991, 12:35:49 PM5/25/91
In article <1991May24.1...@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU> (Don't be bothered) writes:
>Whoever wrote the following racist crap must be ashamed of himself; I don't
>understand why people can be so prejudice. Those people shall never succeed,
>at least they have missed out on the beauty of existance. Get a life!

Please go read Huckleberry Finn, by Mark Twain, at least four hundred times.
Mr. Twain demonstrates that Nigger Jim, as he is called by certain men in
the book, though he is persecuted, hunted, and degraded throughout, is
more noble and dignified than any who call him "nigger". Many schools in
the US have banned Huckleberry Finn because of the use of the word, but the
point of its use was entirely the opposite of the shallowness of its
meaning. Read on:

>They have missed the point of human race, namely individualism; it shows so
>much immaturity in whoever wrote this. Maybe he will say that he is not
>racist; get a life! Sub-consciously, he IS; go and read a Psychology book.

Anyone who is racist would not write this. Let me analyze it for you:

>In article <1991May13...@vx24.cc.monash.edu.au> edb13...@vx24.cc.monash.edu.au (Daniel Bowen) writes:
>>
>>The Fascist Fuckwits Federation (F.F.F.) are proud to announce the 1991

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ K.K.K. is the obvious parallel. Nobody
in their right mind supports them. The author is calling them
Fascist Fuckwits. Does this sound like he agrees with them?

>>annual picnic, march, loot, and desecration of non-Aryan graves next
>>Tuesday, weather permitting. BYO army boots. Normal skinhead dress will
>>be expected. Brains will not be required. The planned schedule for the

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Yeah, he's a bigot all right...
Bigoted against racists, that is...

>>day is:
>>
>> 11am - Meet in the park
>> Noon - Lunch
>> 1pm - Racist speeches

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Most racists don't consider themselves racist -
They just consider themselves to be right.

>> 2pm - Swastika tattooing, and head-shaving for the kids

>> 3pm - Spontaneous march through the city demonstrating about how
>> the Jews, wogs, chinks, Japs and all their filthy foreign
>> friends get all the best jobs and stuff, just 'cos they're more
>> intelligent and better qualified. It's a conspiracy against
>> the supreme race of the world! Us!

This is humor contrasting the position of the "FFF" and the facts.
Laugh, son, it's a joke.

>Many people in Australia are racist, fine; but, do you have to post
>it to international newsgroup so that our fault can be shown to the rest of
>the world; and that everyone who read it will know that many of us Aussies
>are racist?

Well, after reading your article, it's evident that at least one Aussie is
an idiot.

>I have enough of your racist jokes, too! What a shame to Australia!

Yes, you are.

Anyway -- It's a form of humor called satire, usually taking an idea which
the author finds objectionable, and extending it ad infinitum until it is
obviously being lampooned and NOT being supported. There's a famous essay
called "A Modest Proposal", which discussed the famine in, I think, Ireland.
The "modest proposal" was that babies should be killed and eaten.
IMHO, The author was trying to express his dismay with the feeble action
being taken to alleviate the famine. Many people took it at face value, and
were angry at the man "who wanted to kill babies".

ObJokes: (This is rec.humor, after all...)

What's easier to unload off a truck - a load of bricks or a load of babies?
The babies -- You can use a pitchfork.

What's blue and sits in the corner?
A baby in a plastic bag.

What's brown and sits in the corner?
Same baby, two weeks later.

What's pink and knocks on glass?
Baby in a microwave.

What's red and runny?
Same baby, one minute later.

What's silver and pink and runs into walls?
Baby with forks in its eyes.

What's Helen Keller's favorite color?
Corduroy.

How did Helen Keller discover masturbation?
Reading lips.

What's the difference between love and sex?
$50.

How do you account for the difference?
Sex is $200, a ring's $250.

--
wh...@ddsw1.MCS.COM | I don't know, who's at DDSW1? | wh...@ddsw1.MCS.COM!
I asked YOU who's at DDSW1! Ok, there's a guy at DDSW1, right? | Right!

Got a life!

May 25, 1991, 11:21:20 PM5/25/91

sorry, mate. my mistake.

The Metal Ghost

May 27, 1991, 12:09:17 AM5/27/91

>In article <1991May24.1...@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU>, He-...@mb.ie.edu.oz.au (Got a life!) writes:
>|> Whoever wrote the following racist crap must be ashamed of himself; I don't
>|> understand why people can be so prejudice. Those people shall never succeed,
>|> at least they have missed out on the beauty of existance. Get a life!
>|>
>|> They have missed the point of human race, namely individualism; it shows so
>|> much immaturity in whoever wrote this. Maybe he will say that he is not
>|> racist; get a life! Sub-consciously, he IS; go and read a Psychology book.

Wow, this person is really dumb...

Ok, now everyone roll your eyeballs up into your head, raise your arms like you
were sleepwalking, groan and walk like P.C. zombies. Comon' and join the crowd!
This clown certainly proves that you can donate your brain to science and still
remain in the mainstream with pop culture's latest trend,

MINDLESS POLITICAL ACTIVITY!!

Yay...
sel...@eleazar.dartmouth.edu: Sole inhabitant of the NightCity Asylum

Grenville Armitage

May 26, 1991, 9:21:47 PM5/26/91
(Don't be bothered) writes:

>Whoever wrote the following racist crap must be ashamed of himself; I don't
>understand why people can be so prejudice.

You just don't understand. Period.

Look up "satire" in your Golden Books dictionary.

gja

Elson Markwick

May 26, 1991, 10:19:17 PM5/26/91
In article <1991May24.1...@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU>, He-...@mb.ie.edu.oz.au (Got a life!) writes:
|> Whoever wrote the following racist crap must be ashamed of himself; I don't
|> understand why people can be so prejudice. Those people shall never succeed,
|> at least they have missed out on the beauty of existance. Get a life!
|>
|> They have missed the point of human race, namely individualism; it shows so
|> much immaturity in whoever wrote this. Maybe he will say that he is not
|> racist; get a life! Sub-consciously, he IS; go and read a Psychology book.

This guy obviously doesn't understand the concept of *sarcasm*!
Come on mate, get off your soap-box huh?

Elson
--
Elson Markwick | The only good cat |ACSnet: el...@otc.otca.oz.au
OTC R & D Unit |is a stir-fried cat|UUCP: {uunet,mcvax}!otc.otca.oz.au!elson

Kevin Spencer

May 27, 1991, 4:49:58 AM5/27/91
In article <1991May24.1...@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU> (Don't be bothered) writes:
>Whoever wrote the following racist crap must be ashamed of himself; I don't
>understand why people can be so prejudice. Those people shall never succeed,
>at least they have missed out on the beauty of existance. Get a life!
>
>They have missed the point of human race, namely individualism; it shows so
>much immaturity in whoever wrote this. Maybe he will say that he is not
>racist; get a life! Sub-consciously, he IS; go and read a Psychology book.
>
>In article <1991May13...@vx24.cc.monash.edu.au> edb13...@vx24.cc.monash.edu.au (Daniel Bowen) writes:
>>
>>The Fascist Fuckwits Federation (F.F.F.) are proud to announce the 1991
>>annual picnic, march, loot, and desecration of non-Aryan graves next
>>Tuesday, weather permitting. BYO army boots. Normal skinhead dress will
>>be expected. Brains will not be required. The planned schedule for the
>>day is:
>>
>> 11am - Meet in the park
>> Noon - Lunch
>> 1pm - Racist speeches
>> 2pm - Swastika tattooing, and head-shaving for the kids
>> 3pm - Spontaneous march through the city demonstrating about how
>> the Jews, wogs, chinks, Japs and all their filthy foreign
>> friends get all the best jobs and stuff, just 'cos they're more
>> intelligent and better qualified. It's a conspiracy against
>> the supreme race of the world! Us!
>
>I have enough of your racist jokes, too! What a shame to Australia!

Get a life! Can you say "Sense of Humour"? I thought not. Given that
a) Some portion of jokes are sexist, some racist, some "dirty", etc, and
b) Some portion of people like some/all of the above types of jokes and
some don't

it follows that once again, "You can't please all of the people all of the
time". Without going into detail on whether or not it was really a racist
joke (E-mail me if you want to discuss that), I can't see why you can't
just "live and let live".

One thing does come to mind though - Maybe we should place one of the
following in the subject line if our joke comes into one of the "Dicey"
categories :

RACIST
SEXIST
RELIGIOUS
OFFENSIVE (for the ones about eating 2 month old sheep carcasses etc)
SEXUAL (as opposed to sexist - jokes which mention those "ummm" bits)

etc.

That way, the sensitive individuals need not be offended by them.

BTW, I'm Australian and one of my favourite jokes is...

Why do Australians wear thongs?

'cause it takes an IQ of 25 to tie up a shoelace...

--
-----------------------------------///-----------------------------------------
Kevin Spencer (09) 420 8173 /// Insert profound gem of wisdom here...

Joe Navratil

May 27, 1991, 7:07:07 AM5/27/91

Okay, sorry if the header is messed up, but something about my editor doesn't
like long subjects...

ANYway, how about some working definition? For instance:

It's MALICE when you don't like it
It's FUNNY when you don't get it
It's SATIRE when you get it

Or something....that doesn't quite fit, I know

-Joe

--
ad...@YFN.YSU.Edu \ Joe Navratil / "I'll send an S.O.S. to the world"
navr...@ncoast.ORG \________ ________/------------------------------------

Ray Nickson

May 27, 1991, 5:44:18 PM5/27/91

And I find it hard to believe that this complaint is serious.

Of course it isn't. This is AUS.JOKES, remember!

Norman Diamond

May 27, 1991, 7:48:07 PM5/27/91
In article <1991May27.0...@nodecg.ncc.telecomwa.oz.au> ke...@nodecg.UUCP (Kevin Spencer) writes:

>One thing does come to mind though - Maybe we should place one of the
>following in the subject line if our joke comes into one of the "Dicey"
>categories :
>RACIST
>SEXIST
>RELIGIOUS
>OFFENSIVE (for the ones about eating 2 month old sheep carcasses etc)
>SEXUAL (as opposed to sexist - jokes which mention those "ummm" bits)
>etc.
>That way, the sensitive individuals need not be offended by them.

Actually that's what ROT-13 was invented for. Once upon a time, half the
posters of offensive jokes actually used it.
--
Norman Diamond dia...@tkov50.enet.dec.com
Permission is granted to feel this signature, but not to look at it.

Robert J. McArthur

May 27, 1991, 8:21:23 PM5/27/91
bla bla bla
bla bla bla

Look at the charter for this group and get this discussion out of it.
--
Robert McArthur Centre for Resource and Environment Studies
Australian National University

Tom Osborn

May 27, 1991, 8:36:23 PM5/27/91
el...@otc.otca.oz.au (Elson Markwick) writes:

>In article <1991May24.1...@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU>, He-...@mb.ie.edu.oz.au (Got a life!) *was* offended:

>This guy obviously doesn't understand the concept of *sarcasm*!
>Come on mate, get off your soap-box huh? >Elson

Well, everybody is picking on him. Maybe "Got a life", albeitly with a cloak
of anonymity, is more sensitive than all you other "I get it!" people.

Maybe you watch too much TV and have lost some ability to see possibilities!

By raising racism as an issue and making vaguely funny comments about it,
surely Toxic Custard is re-assuring somebody's icky liberal sensibilities.

It seems to me that the "I really understood the joke" brigade would accept
the so-called "sarcasm" without noticing what else is being raised.

Well, what else IS being raised? How about the dis-arming effect of the joke?
Or, the half-commitment of the humour? If we laugh at it, it isn't that
serious, is it? [Can't take a joke? Try the other foot...]

"Got a life" probably didn't see that. He (?) probably found the stuff
touched a nerve that had been exposed earlier in his (?) life (?).

Then you bastards told him what a fool he was for not laughing with you!

---

If you find something offensive about a racist, Rip his (her) fucking liver
out (figuratively speaking, of course)! You might be useful one day...

---

But, can this be taken too seriously? You idiots are too clever, aren't you?

Stop posting this intellectualised wank to aus.flame!

Tomasso.
--
Tom Osborn,
School of Computing Sciences, " Beware of the small carrots "

Kevin Spencer

May 28, 1991, 2:49:23 AM5/28/91
In article <1991May27....@tkou02.enet.dec.com> dia...@jit533.enet@tkou02.enet.dec.com (Norman Diamond) writes:
>In article <1991May27.0...@nodecg.ncc.telecomwa.oz.au> ke...@nodecg.UUCP (Kevin Spencer) writes:
>
>>One thing does come to mind though - Maybe we should place one of the
>>following in the subject line if our joke comes into one of the "Dicey"
>>categories :
>>RACIST
>>SEXIST
>>RELIGIOUS
>>OFFENSIVE (for the ones about eating 2 month old sheep carcasses etc)
>>SEXUAL (as opposed to sexist - jokes which mention those "ummm" bits)
>>etc.
>>That way, the sensitive individuals need not be offended by them.
>
>Actually that's what ROT-13 was invented for. Once upon a time, half the
>posters of offensive jokes actually used it.

I thought about ROT-13, but figured that some people are offended by (say)
Racist jokes, but not Sexual ones, or vice versa. Anyway, I thought about it
a bit more after I posted and concluded that basically if people are going to
get sensitive about specific forms of jokes, they're probably too sensitive
to be in the real world anyway. I think most posters do the right thing by
chucking in the Form-Feeds at appropriate times, so we may as well leave it
as it is.

--
Kevin Spencer _.-_|\ I know it's stolen, but
17 Winchelsea Rd NOLLAMARA / \ the picture's brilliant

Brad Jacobs

May 28, 1991, 4:34:20 PM5/28/91
My first post, so please bear with me (yes, I've read "newuser") -- I'm even
going to use capital letters.

With respect to the original post of the rather funny Racist Fuckwit (why
include the article here, as certainly everyone by now has seen it or
excerpts thereof by now), it's amazing how Life Imitates Art. Excerpts
as I remember from a flyer placed in my hand on a visit last year to Atlanta
Georgia (home of a rather vociferous group of KKK people):

"KKK Rally! Come one, come all!
- For the whole family
- Do Not Bring Guns
- There will be a Cross Burning
- There will be refreshments
..."

I sort of wondered whether Roasted Marshmallows were among the refreshments.

-----
After I see how many flames I get for making posting mistakes, I'll submit
a joke, to make up for the fact that I don't have an "OBJ:" section here.

-------------
Brad Jacobs
br...@informix.com ...!uunet!infmx!tiger!brad

Tom Osborn

May 28, 1991, 6:41:36 PM5/28/91
ke...@nodecg.ncc.telecomwa.oz.au (Kevin Spencer) writes:

> ...if people are going to get sensitive about specific forms of jokes,

> they're probably too sensitive to be in the real world anyway.

OK, Kev, sensitivity is a sin and you're a fuckwit! I wish dickheads like
you would learn that "*_the_real_world_*" is a myth and conspiracy concocted
by the mediocre to justify a lack of responsibility for their actions.

And since you pack of stupid arseholes continue to cross-post this inane
discussion to aus.flame ("Oh, sorry, I didn't read the Newsgroup: line"),
then, "Fuck Off And Die, you small ripple in the pus-pond of mediocrity".

Please note, that I'm NOT saying the _issues_ involved in this are inane,
but the self-righteous "I get the joke" postings are! Read my earlier posting.

Now, Kev, were you a little sensitive to this posting?

Michael DeLong

Jun 2, 1991, 11:32:48 PM6/2/91
In article <1991May27.0...@nodecg.ncc.telecomwa.oz.au>,
--------

Gee, maybe we should label our pop albums the same way......

Mike.