Ziggy's Joke o' the day (Tue, 07 Jan 2003)

1 view

Darrel Hoffman

Jan 7, 2003, 1:15:02 PM1/7/03
> This is January. I live in Minnesota. Minnesota in January is
> supposed to find Minnesotans up to our frozen tushies in snow.
>
> The weather boy on TV last night promised almost 50 degrees today.
> It's been warm and wet enough lately that my lawn is threatening to
> turn green again... in January! This is very, very broken.

I'll tell you where your snow is. I just spent 4 hours getting my car out
from under it in Massachusetts. I must be the only person who lives in
Florida and spends his winter vacation in New England... (God, I miss
California...)

Larry Krzewinski

Jan 11, 2003, 1:52:48 AM1/11/03

It's been in the 80's out here in southern California. It was a
little cooler today so I missed my tanning time.

Larry
It's a rough life but someone's got to do it. <g>

David Simpson

Jan 11, 2003, 8:04:50 AM1/11/03
On Sat, 11 Jan 2003 06:52:48 GMT, Larry Krzewinski <larr...@gte.net>
typed furiously:

We can send you some from South Australia if you like. Our forecast is
for 37 deg C (approx 100F for the uneducated Yanks) for the next week
or so.

--
David
Remove "farook" to reply

Alan

Jan 11, 2003, 9:30:57 AM1/11/03
On Sat, 11 Jan 2003 06:52:48 GMT, Larry Krzewinski <larr...@gte.net>
wrote:

Could there ever be enough sun to cover your ass?

Larry Krzewinski

Jan 11, 2003, 3:38:18 PM1/11/03
On Sat, 11 Jan 2003 14:30:57 GMT, bogf...@hotmail.com (Alan ) wrote:

>>>I'll tell you where your snow is. I just spent 4 hours getting my car out
>>>from under it in Massachusetts. I must be the only person who lives in
>>>Florida and spends his winter vacation in New England... (God, I miss
>>>California...)
>>
>>It's been in the 80's out here in southern California. It was a
>>little cooler today so I missed my tanning time.
>
>Could there ever be enough sun to cover your ass?

Actually, I think that we could find enough sun to cover you, Alan.
<g>

Alan

Jan 11, 2003, 4:03:18 PM1/11/03
On Sat, 11 Jan 2003 20:38:18 GMT, Larry Krzewinski <larr...@gte.net>
wrote:

>On Sat, 11 Jan 2003 14:30:57 GMT, bogf...@hotmail.com (Alan ) wrote:

No, thanks. Too much chance of skin cancer and looking like you.
(all red and wrinkled)

Greg Evans

Jan 14, 2003, 3:03:44 PM1/14/03
Larry Krzewinski wrote:

> It's been in the 80's out here in southern California. It was a
> little cooler today so I missed my tanning time.

You just described Hell, as far as I'm concerned.

Larry Krzewinski

Jan 14, 2003, 4:59:28 PM1/14/03

It's only going to be in the mid-70s today with mostly blue skies and
sunshine. Yep, this sure is a living hell. I've got the windows open
and there's a light sea breeze blowing. Damn, I hate this lousy
weather! <g>

Greg Evans

Jan 14, 2003, 5:24:57 PM1/14/03
Larry Krzewinski wrote:

> >> It's been in the 80's out here in southern California. It was a
> >> little cooler today so I missed my tanning time.
> >You just described Hell, as far as I'm concerned.
>
> It's only going to be in the mid-70s today with mostly blue skies and
> sunshine. Yep, this sure is a living hell. I've got the windows open
> and there's a light sea breeze blowing. Damn, I hate this lousy
> weather! <g>

You've heard of SAD - Seasonal Affective Disorder, where the grey Winter
days and long nights trigger depression in certain individuals? I get the
equivalent of that, starting every Spring once the thermometer (and humidity
%) rise above 70 and the sun starts baking my pate for way too long each
day, and it lasts until the first frost of Fall. So yeah, I'd miss the cold
weather and start going crazy.

Greg
or craziER, I should say

John Clarke

Jan 14, 2003, 6:22:22 PM1/14/03
On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 22:24:57 UTC, "Greg Evans" <greg...@charter.net>
wrote:

Could you help me out here - what is "frost"?

John, a denizen of Sydney, Oz.

Larry Krzewinski

Jan 14, 2003, 6:52:27 PM1/14/03

Humidity? What is this word "humidity" that you speak?

Felicity

Jan 14, 2003, 9:00:20 PM1/14/03
So I would need to buy an airconditioner for your visit?

Greg Evans

Jan 15, 2003, 12:59:34 PM1/15/03
John Clarke wrote:

> Could you help me out here - what is "frost"?

Think of it as "God's own icing".

Greg Evans

Jan 15, 2003, 1:00:33 PM1/15/03
Felicity wrote:

> So I would need to buy an airconditioner for your visit?

Yes, and a conveniently-located fan...you wouldn't want me to get distracted
by overheating, would you?

John Clarke

Jan 15, 2003, 6:07:44 PM1/15/03

Ah! Now I understand. Frost is what you get on top of cakes?

Larry Krzewinski

Jan 15, 2003, 6:37:04 PM1/15/03
On Wed, 15 Jan 2003 23:07:44 GMT, jcl...@zip.com.au (John Clarke)
wrote:

>> > Could you help me out here - what is "frost"?
>>
>> Think of it as "God's own icing".
>
>Ah! Now I understand. Frost is what you get on top of cakes?

That's frosting. Frost is what you get on the pumpkin.

Greg Evans

Jan 15, 2003, 7:07:27 PM1/15/03
John Clarke wrote:

> > > Could you help me out here - what is "frost"?
> > Think of it as "God's own icing".
>
> Ah! Now I understand. Frost is what you get on top of cakes?

Yes...if the cake is, say, at the top of Mt. McKinley.

David Simpson

Jan 16, 2003, 8:17:27 AM1/16/03
On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 23:52:27 GMT, Larry Krzewinski <larr...@gte.net>
typed furiously:

>On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 17:24:57 -0500, "Greg Evans"

When water is falling out of the sky the humidity measures one hundred
percent.

Larry Krzewinski

Jan 16, 2003, 2:52:24 PM1/16/03
On Thu, 16 Jan 2003 23:47:27 +1030, David Simpson
<faro...@picknowl.com.au> wrote:

>>Humidity? What is this word "humidity" that you speak?
>
>When water is falling out of the sky the humidity measures one hundred
>percent.

Water actually falls from the sky! Wow. I can't remember that
happening here in Los Angeles.

Alan

Jan 16, 2003, 4:10:41 PM1/16/03
On Thu, 16 Jan 2003 19:52:24 GMT, Larry Krzewinski <larr...@gte.net>
wrote:

>On Thu, 16 Jan 2003 23:47:27 +1030, David Simpson

BS Larry. A friend was just there and said never believe that it
never rains in S California. It did a lot.

Larry Krzewinski

Jan 16, 2003, 9:53:07 PM1/16/03
On Thu, 16 Jan 2003 21:10:41 GMT, bogf...@hotmail.com (Alan ) wrote:

>>>When water is falling out of the sky the humidity measures one hundred
>>>percent.
>>
>>Water actually falls from the sky! Wow. I can't remember that
>>happening here in Los Angeles.
>
>BS Larry. A friend was just there and said never believe that it
>never rains in S California. It did a lot.

Alan,
I guess that I must have been asleep when it rained the entire 4.5
inches that we received last year. We don't get a lot of rain. I've
seen times where we will go for 7 or 8 months without any rain at all.
Maybe your friend was here during a rainy period. Most of the time
the sun shines. How much rain did you get last year?

Larry

Alan

Jan 16, 2003, 10:35:27 PM1/16/03
On Fri, 17 Jan 2003 02:53:07 GMT, Larry Krzewinski <larr...@gte.net>
wrote:

>On Thu, 16 Jan 2003 21:10:41 GMT, bogf...@hotmail.com (Alan ) wrote:

We get a lot of rain all year round (except when we really need it.)
The friend was a bit farther north than LA, but had rain for about
three days straight right around Christmas.

>Larry

Larry Krzewinski

Jan 17, 2003, 1:29:14 AM1/17/03
On Fri, 17 Jan 2003 03:35:27 GMT, bogf...@hotmail.com (Alan ) wrote:

>We get a lot of rain all year round (except when we really need it.)
>The friend was a bit farther north than LA, but had rain for about
>three days straight right around Christmas.

We usually don't get much rain, although I can recall the winter of
1992-1993 where we got so much rain that some of the streets coming
down the local mountains and into my town turned into rivers.
Normally we only get rain during the winter months and it isn't very
much at all. That's why everyone makes fun of Southern California
drivers. They can't drive in the rain. If it rains here the freeways
turn into miles of parking lot. In reality oil from the vehicles
permeates the pavement and the first rain in a few months will cause
that oil to rise to the surface and make the roads as slippy as ice at
times. This is the desert even though everywhere you look there is
green lawn and trees. Everyone uses sprinklers here or their lawn
dies. Four and a half inches of rain is very little rain.

Felicity

Jan 17, 2003, 10:29:29 PM1/17/03

I already have a ceiling fan in every bedroom and the lounge, plus 3 desk
fans and an upright fan... Don't worry darling, I'll be the only thing that
distracts you...

David Simpson

Jan 18, 2003, 6:05:56 AM1/18/03
On Thu, 16 Jan 2003 19:52:24 GMT, Larry Krzewinski <larr...@gte.net>
typed furiously:

>On Thu, 16 Jan 2003 23:47:27 +1030, David Simpson

The smog probably prevents you from actually seeing it fall.

Larry Krzewinski

Jan 18, 2003, 2:35:39 PM1/18/03
On Sat, 18 Jan 2003 21:35:56 +1030, David Simpson
<faro...@picknowl.com.au> wrote:

>>>When water is falling out of the sky the humidity measures one hundred
>>>percent.
>>
>>Water actually falls from the sky! Wow. I can't remember that
>>happening here in Los Angeles.
>
>The smog probably prevents you from actually seeing it fall.

See? What is this word see?

Elisabeth Müller

Jan 19, 2003, 2:02:00 AM1/19/03
On Fri, 17 Jan 2003 06:29:14 GMT, Larry Krzewinski <larr...@gte.net>
wrote:

> Four and a half inches of rain is very little rain.

Larry knows four and a half inches when he sees them.

Felicity

Jan 19, 2003, 4:29:51 AM1/19/03

Elisabeth wrote:
> Larry Krzewinski <larr...@gte.net> wrote:
>

> > Four and a half inches of rain is very little rain.
>
> Larry knows four and a half inches when he sees them.

Don't you E???

Alan

Jan 19, 2003, 8:46:41 AM1/19/03
On Sun, 19 Jan 2003 07:02:00 GMT, mael...@eunet.at (Elisabeth Müller)
wrote:

or less than half that?

Elisabeth Müller

Jan 22, 2003, 3:23:57 PM1/22/03
On Sun, 19 Jan 2003 20:29:51 +1100, "Felicity" <alar...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

I would have to look up what it is in centimeters.

Larry Krzewinski

Jan 22, 2003, 3:38:31 PM1/22/03
On Wed, 22 Jan 2003 20:23:57 GMT, mael...@eunet.at (Elisabeth Müller)
wrote:

>>> Larry knows four and a half inches when he sees them.
>>
>>Don't you E???
>
>I would have to look up what it is in centimeters.

I think that you need to stop precipitating this conversation.

ken grace

Jan 22, 2003, 5:19:57 PM1/22/03
Four and a half inches is a *lot* of rain. Not spread over a year, perhaps,
but get that much in a day and your drains had better be working properly.

"Elisabeth Müller" <mael...@eunet.at> wrote in message

fmhlaw

Jan 23, 2003, 12:16:31 AM1/23/03

To hail with it, then.

Larry Krzewinski

Jan 23, 2003, 2:30:53 AM1/23/03
On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 05:16:31 GMT, fmhlaw <fmh...@attbi.com> wrote:

>>>I would have to look up what it is in centimeters.
>>

>> I think that you need to stop precipitating this conversation.
>
>To hail with it, then.

Are you trying to rain on my parade?

Greg Evans

Jan 23, 2003, 7:47:38 AM1/23/03
Larry Krzewinski wrote:

> >> I think that you need to stop precipitating this conversation.
> >To hail with it, then.
>
> Are you trying to rain on my parade?

'S'now wonder, what with that cloudy disposition of yours.

Larry Krzewinski

Jan 23, 2003, 10:58:02 AM1/23/03

All that wind coming from your direction doesn't help it much.

fmhlaw

Jan 23, 2003, 11:02:51 AM1/23/03

He's just shooting the breeze.

Larry Krzewinski

Jan 23, 2003, 3:29:46 PM1/23/03
On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 16:02:51 GMT, fmhlaw <fmh...@attbi.com> wrote:

>>>'S'now wonder, what with that cloudy disposition of yours.
>>
>> All that wind coming from your direction doesn't help it much.
>>
>He's just shooting the breeze.

He just needs a muzzle on his bazooka.

David Simpson

Jan 24, 2003, 7:46:09 AM1/24/03
On Wed, 22 Jan 2003 20:23:57 GMT, mael...@eunet.at (Elisabeth Müller)
typed furiously:

About 11.5cm.

Elisabeth Müller

Jan 26, 2003, 2:21:25 AM1/26/03
On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 23:16:09 +1030, David Simpson
<faro...@picknowl.com.au> wrote:

>On Wed, 22 Jan 2003 20:23:57 GMT, mael...@eunet.at (Elisabeth Müller)
>typed furiously:
>
>>On Sun, 19 Jan 2003 20:29:51 +1100, "Felicity" <alar...@hotmail.com>
>>wrote:

>>>Don't you E???
>>
>>I would have to look up what it is in centimeters.
>
>About 11.5cm.

Not much for rain. Not much for anything either, except maybe ants.

David Simpson

Jan 27, 2003, 3:25:01 PM1/27/03
On Sun, 26 Jan 2003 07:21:25 GMT, mael...@eunet.at (Elisabeth Müller)
typed furiously:

>On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 23:16:09 +1030, David Simpson
><faro...@picknowl.com.au> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 22 Jan 2003 20:23:57 GMT, mael...@eunet.at (Elisabeth Müller)
>>typed furiously:

>>>I would have to look up what it is in centimeters.
>>
>>About 11.5cm.
>
>Not much for rain. Not much for anything either, except maybe ants.

That's why Larry knows about it. It's not much of him either.

Larry Krzewinski

Jan 28, 2003, 8:46:02 PM1/28/03
On Tue, 28 Jan 2003 06:55:01 +1030, David Simpson
<faro...@picknowl.com.au> wrote:

>>>About 11.5cm.
>>
>>Not much for rain. Not much for anything either, except maybe ants.
>
>That's why Larry knows about it. It's not much of him either.

That is true. However, most women like it that wide. <g>

Larry

Alan

Jan 28, 2003, 10:08:54 PM1/28/03
On Wed, 29 Jan 2003 01:46:02 GMT, Larry Krzewinski <larr...@gte.net>
wrote:

>On Tue, 28 Jan 2003 06:55:01 +1030, David Simpson

We're not talking thighs any more Larry.

David Simpson

Jan 29, 2003, 11:16:37 AM1/29/03
On Wed, 29 Jan 2003 01:46:02 GMT, Larry Krzewinski <larr...@gte.net>
typed furiously:

Larry is a bit like the short plank. 4½" wide, ½" long and as thick as
a brick.

Larry Krzewinski

Jan 29, 2003, 3:43:54 PM1/29/03
On Thu, 30 Jan 2003 02:46:37 +1030, David Simpson
<faro...@picknowl.com.au> wrote:

>>>That's why Larry knows about it. It's not much of him either.
>>
>>That is true. However, most women like it that wide. <g>
>>
>Larry is a bit like the short plank. 4½" wide, ½" long and as thick as
>a brick.

And how, may I ask, do you know this? Hmm? I think we all want to
know now.

Larry
Anyway, on our honeymoon my wife took one look at it and asked "Just
who do you think you're going to please with that thing." I looked
her right in the eye and said "Why me, of course!" <g>

David Simpson

Jan 30, 2003, 3:25:39 PM1/30/03
On Wed, 29 Jan 2003 20:43:54 GMT, Larry Krzewinski <larr...@gte.net>
typed furiously:

>On Thu, 30 Jan 2003 02:46:37 +1030, David Simpson

Larry, I've been reading your posts for years. You must be as thick as
a brick. It's obvious.

Selfish sod. Only thinks of his own pleasure. :-)}}}

Elisabeth Müller

Jan 30, 2003, 4:23:47 PM1/30/03
<faro...@picknowl.com.au> wrote:

>On Sun, 26 Jan 2003 07:21:25 GMT, mael...@eunet.at (Elisabeth Müller)
>typed furiously:
>
>>On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 23:16:09 +1030, David Simpson
>><faro...@picknowl.com.au> wrote:
>>
>>>On Wed, 22 Jan 2003 20:23:57 GMT, mael...@eunet.at (Elisabeth Müller)
>>>typed furiously:

>>>About 11.5cm.
>>
>>Not much for rain. Not much for anything either, except maybe ants.
>
>That's why Larry knows about it. It's not much of him either.

<ping> And the last one across the line is - David!

Larry Krzewinski

Jan 30, 2003, 4:44:04 PM1/30/03
On Thu, 30 Jan 2003 21:23:47 GMT, mael...@eunet.at (Elisabeth Müller)
wrote:

>>>Not much for rain. Not much for anything either, except maybe ants.
>>
>>That's why Larry knows about it. It's not much of him either.
>
><ping> And the last one across the line is - David!

It takes him awhile but you know what they say about those folks from
down under being a bit S-L-O-W, right. <g>

Alan

Jan 30, 2003, 8:21:58 PM1/30/03
On Fri, 31 Jan 2003 06:55:39 +1030, David Simpson
<faro...@picknowl.com.au> wrote:

>Larry, I've been reading your posts for years.

You must be a masochist.

David Simpson

Feb 1, 2003, 9:19:26 AM2/1/03
On Thu, 30 Jan 2003 21:44:04 GMT, Larry Krzewinski
<larry.kzR...@gte.net> typed furiously:

Just 'cause we have to turn your words up the right way before we can
read them.

Larry Krzewinski

Feb 1, 2003, 12:49:49 PM2/1/03
On Sun, 02 Feb 2003 00:49:26 +1030, David Simpson
<faro...@picknowl.com.au> wrote:

>>><ping> And the last one across the line is - David!
>>
>>It takes him awhile but you know what they say about those folks from
>>down under being a bit S-L-O-W, right. <g>
>
>Just 'cause we have to turn your words up the right way before we can
>read them.

Yeah, right! Excuses, excuses. I heard that it was from drinking too
much Fosters.

David Simpson

Feb 2, 2003, 12:46:07 AM2/2/03
On Sat, 01 Feb 2003 17:49:49 GMT, Larry Krzewinski
<larry.kzR...@gte.net> typed furiously:

>On Sun, 02 Feb 2003 00:49:26 +1030, David Simpson

Locals don't drink Fosters. We leave that to the wannabe's.

Larry Krzewinski

Feb 2, 2003, 1:13:29 PM2/2/03
On Sun, 02 Feb 2003 16:16:07 +1030, David Simpson
<faro...@picknowl.com.au> wrote:

>>>Just 'cause we have to turn your words up the right way before we can
>>>read them.
>>
>>Yeah, right! Excuses, excuses. I heard that it was from drinking too
>>much Fosters.
>
>Locals don't drink Fosters. We leave that to the wannabe's.

Kangaroos drink Fosters? <g> Oh, you said wannabe's, not wallabies.

Larry

Greg Evans

Feb 2, 2003, 5:04:54 PM2/2/03
Larry Krzewinski wrote:

> >Locals don't drink Fosters. We leave that to the wannabe's.
>
> Kangaroos drink Fosters? <g> Oh, you said wannabe's, not wallabies.

You'll roo the day you made that joke.

Larry Krzewinski

Feb 2, 2003, 5:52:30 PM2/2/03

I already am. I hope you're hoppy now!

Greg Evans

Feb 2, 2003, 10:09:24 PM2/2/03
Larry Krzewinski wrote:> On Sun, 2 Feb 2003 17:04:54 -0500, "Greg Evans"

> >> Kangaroos drink Fosters? <g> Oh, you said wannabe's, not wallabies.
> >You'll roo the day you made that joke.
>
> I already am. I hope you're hoppy now!

You shouldn't jump to such a conclusion.

fmhlaw

Feb 3, 2003, 12:19:06 AM2/3/03

His joke was strictly bush league.

Larry Krzewinski

Feb 3, 2003, 1:52:09 AM2/3/03
On Sun, 2 Feb 2003 22:09:24 -0500, "Greg Evans"
<greg...@charter.net> wrote:

>> >You'll roo the day you made that joke.
>>
>> I already am. I hope you're hoppy now!
>
>You shouldn't jump to such a conclusion.

Not now, Evans. I'm waltzing with Matilda. Stuff it in your pouch
for awhile.

Larry Krzewinski

Feb 3, 2003, 1:54:24 AM2/3/03
On Mon, 03 Feb 2003 05:19:06 GMT, fmhlaw <fmh...@attbi.com> wrote:

>>>Kangaroos drink Fosters? <g> Oh, you said wannabe's, not wallabies.
>>
>> You'll roo the day you made that joke.
>
>His joke was strictly bush league.

Quiet you. Do me a favor and throw me back my boomerang.

Greg Evans

Feb 3, 2003, 7:48:27 AM2/3/03
fmhlaw wrote:

> >>Kangaroos drink Fosters? <g> Oh, you said wannabe's, not wallabies.
> > You'll roo the day you made that joke.
>
> His joke was strictly bush league.

And it wasn't even all that ab-original.

David Simpson

Feb 2, 2003, 9:34:04 PM2/2/03
On Sun, 02 Feb 2003 18:13:29 GMT, Larry Krzewinski
<larry.kzR...@gte.net> typed furiously:

>On Sun, 02 Feb 2003 16:16:07 +1030, David Simpson

You're not leaping to conclusions I hope. Put that in your pouch and
smoke it.

Larry Krzewinski

Feb 3, 2003, 11:19:36 AM2/3/03
On Mon, 03 Feb 2003 13:04:04 +1030, David Simpson
<faro...@picknowl.com.au> wrote:

>>>Locals don't drink Fosters. We leave that to the wannabe's.
>>
>>Kangaroos drink Fosters? <g> Oh, you said wannabe's, not wallabies.
>>
>You're not leaping to conclusions I hope. Put that in your pouch and
>smoke it.

That sounds pretty painful. I might get hopping mad if I do.

Frank A. Rosenbaum

Feb 3, 2003, 1:53:34 PM2/3/03

From the computer of
Frank A. Rosenbaum
"David Simpson" <faro...@picknowl.com.au> wrote in message

> On Sun, 02 Feb 2003 18:13:29 GMT, Larry Krzewinski
> <larry.kzR...@gte.net> typed furiously:

> >>Locals don't drink Fosters. We leave that to the wannabe's.
> >
> >Kangaroos drink Fosters? <g> Oh, you said wannabe's, not wallabies.
> >
> You're not leaping to conclusions I hope. Put that in your pouch and
> smoke it.

After finishing his first bowl of broth, the guy in the Aussie pub asked for
moresoupial, please. He couldn't figure out why the wait staff was hopping
mad about it. It seems that the law had been changed recently and it was no
longer legal to sell Kangaroo tails. It was a Tailiban.

Of course, if a Kangaroo's rear appendage is chopped off, it will have to go
to a retail store for a new one.

Felicity

Feb 3, 2003, 6:45:06 PM2/3/03
mael...@eunet.at (Elisabeth M ller) wrote
> On Sun, 19 Jan 2003 20:29:51 +1100, "Felicity" <alar...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:

> >> Larry knows four and a half inches when he sees them.
> >
> >Don't you E???
>
> I would have to look up what it is in centimeters.

11.43cm...

Courtesy of www.suecookminiatures.com/lengthconverter.htm

Felicity

Feb 3, 2003, 7:43:25 PM2/3/03
Make mine new...

Larry Krzewinski

Feb 3, 2003, 10:21:44 PM2/3/03
On Mon, 03 Feb 2003 18:53:34 GMT, "Frank A. Rosenbaum"
<faros...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>> >Kangaroos drink Fosters? <g> Oh, you said wannabe's, not wallabies.
>> >
>> You're not leaping to conclusions I hope. Put that in your pouch and
>> smoke it.
>
>After finishing his first bowl of broth, the guy in the Aussie pub asked for
>moresoupial, please. He couldn't figure out why the wait staff was hopping
>mad about it. It seems that the law had been changed recently and it was no
>longer legal to sell Kangaroo tails. It was a Tailiban.
>
>Of course, if a Kangaroo's rear appendage is chopped off, it will have to go
>to a retail store for a new one.

I just hope that Frank doesn't retail that tale again.

David Simpson

Feb 3, 2003, 11:06:01 AM2/3/03
On Mon, 03 Feb 2003 06:54:24 GMT, Larry Krzewinski
<larry.kzR...@gte.net> typed furiously:

>On Mon, 03 Feb 2003 05:19:06 GMT, fmhlaw <fmh...@attbi.com> wrote:

A boomerang that doesn't come back is just a stick. Sorry to rebound
on you like that.

Larry Krzewinski

Feb 4, 2003, 1:57:05 AM2/4/03
On Tue, 04 Feb 2003 02:36:01 +1030, David Simpson
<faro...@picknowl.com.au> wrote:

>>>His joke was strictly bush league.
>>
>>Quiet you. Do me a favor and throw me back my boomerang.
>
>A boomerang that doesn't come back is just a stick.

And a man without a nagging wife is usually happy. What's your point?

Felicity

Feb 4, 2003, 3:43:38 AM2/4/03

Larry wrote:

> And a man without a nagging wife is usually happy.

Clarify this for me please Larry, are you saying the man without a wife is
usually happy or the man with the wife who's tongue has been cut out is
usually happy?

David Simpson

Feb 3, 2003, 8:22:33 PM2/3/03
On Mon, 03 Feb 2003 16:19:36 GMT, Larry Krzewinski
<larry.kzR...@gte.net> typed furiously:

>On Mon, 03 Feb 2003 13:04:04 +1030, David Simpson

Are you getting all burned up? Ashually it just smoulders.

David Simpson

Feb 3, 2003, 8:22:34 PM2/3/03
On Mon, 03 Feb 2003 18:53:34 GMT, "Frank A. Rosenbaum"
<faros...@earthlink.net> typed furiously:

I'll drink to that, so long as it's not Fosters.

David Simpson

Feb 3, 2003, 8:31:41 PM2/3/03
On Tue, 04 Feb 2003 06:57:05 GMT, Larry Krzewinski
<larry.kzR...@gte.net> typed furiously:

>On Tue, 04 Feb 2003 02:36:01 +1030, David Simpson

Why do you want that particular stick back?

fmhlaw

Feb 4, 2003, 2:32:33 PM2/4/03

He's saying women enjoy conversation, and appreciate a man who is a
cunning linguist.

Elisabeth Müller

Feb 4, 2003, 3:43:15 PM2/4/03
<faro...@picknowl.com.au> wrote:

>Larry, I've been reading your posts for years.

Larry does not write since years. It just seems that long.

Felicity

Feb 4, 2003, 7:25:04 PM2/4/03

Where would one find a man like this myth?

Larry Krzewinski

Feb 4, 2003, 7:35:28 PM2/4/03

Exactly. I couldn't have said it using any more innuendo myself.

Larry Krzewinski

Feb 4, 2003, 7:35:44 PM2/4/03
On Tue, 4 Feb 2003 19:43:38 +1100, "Felicity" <alar...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

Yes.

Larry Krzewinski

Feb 4, 2003, 7:36:53 PM2/4/03
On Tue, 04 Feb 2003 12:01:41 +1030, David Simpson
<faro...@picknowl.com.au> wrote:

>>>A boomerang that doesn't come back is just a stick.
>>
>>And a man without a nagging wife is usually happy. What's your point?
>
>Why do you want that particular stick back?

Well, I was given the choice of sex with my wife or a sharp stick
poked in my eye and I was trying to decide which was less painful! <g>

Greg Evans

Feb 4, 2003, 9:24:27 PM2/4/03
Felicity wrote:

> > He's saying women enjoy conversation, and appreciate
> > a man who is a cunning linguist.
>
> Where would one find a man like this myth?

Looking for talented lips? Check with your friendly local trumpet player.

Felicity

Feb 4, 2003, 9:37:31 PM2/4/03
Hmm, never thought of that, I heard they only like to blow their own
trumpets...

Felicity
Maybe that's where I went wrong, drummers like to hit you with their
sticks...

Greg Evans

Feb 4, 2003, 9:55:38 PM2/4/03
Felicity wrote:

> > Looking for talented lips? Check with your friendly local trumpet
player.

> Hmm, never thought of that, I heard they only like to blow their own
> trumpets...

"Are you kiddin', man?? If I could do that, I'd never leave the house!" -
George Carlin

Felicity

Feb 4, 2003, 11:19:14 PM2/4/03
You would; dead...

fmhlaw

Feb 5, 2003, 1:04:08 AM2/5/03

No, no, a man and a myth are of opposite sexeth.

Larry Krzewinski

Feb 5, 2003, 1:15:13 AM2/5/03
On Tue, 04 Feb 2003 20:43:15 GMT, mael...@eunet.at (Elisabeth Müller)
wrote:

>>Larry, I've been reading your posts for years.
>
>Larry does not write since years. It just seems that long.

Yes, my reputation precedes me where ever I go for some reason or
another. Hey, I did start posting to ATJ back in 1994. It was under
another name. I've been hanging around Usenet for a while now.

Felicity

Feb 5, 2003, 3:48:26 AM2/5/03

And following your theory, man is born from myth...

Greg Evans

Feb 5, 2003, 10:04:53 AM2/5/03
Felicity wrote:

> > > Where would one find a man like this myth?
> > No, no, a man and a myth are of opposite sexeth.
>
> And following your theory, man is born from myth...

Unless you don't mind bucking social trends, she'd better be a *Mythyth*.

fmhlaw

Feb 5, 2003, 10:39:39 AM2/5/03

Making a southern belle a mythythyppy myth?

Greg Evans

Feb 5, 2003, 10:55:15 AM2/5/03
fmhlaw wrote:

That'th "thouthern" to you, mythter!

Greg
thufferin' thuccotath

Felicity

Feb 5, 2003, 11:02:02 AM2/5/03
I am a rule breaker from way back...

Greg Evans

Feb 5, 2003, 11:36:53 AM2/5/03
Felicity wrote:

> I am a rule breaker from way back...

Oh, thank heaven! I thought you said you were a back breaker, as a rule.

Felicity

Feb 5, 2003, 11:43:20 AM2/5/03
not yet, give me a few months and I reckn I could work my way up to
superheavyweight...

David Simpson

Feb 5, 2003, 6:40:37 PM2/5/03
On Wed, 05 Feb 2003 00:36:53 GMT, Larry Krzewinski
<larry.kzR...@gte.net> typed furiously:

>On Tue, 04 Feb 2003 12:01:41 +1030, David Simpson

Boomerang type sticks are not generally too sharp. I'm not talking
about their owners though.

Larry Krzewinski

Feb 7, 2003, 2:19:24 AM2/7/03
On Thu, 06 Feb 2003 10:10:37 +1030, David Simpson
<faro...@picknowl.com.au> wrote:

>>>Why do you want that particular stick back?
>>
>>Well, I was given the choice of sex with my wife or a sharp stick
>>poked in my eye and I was trying to decide which was less painful! <g>
>
>Boomerang type sticks are not generally too sharp. I'm not talking
>about their owners though.

Dully noted.

Elisabeth Müller

Feb 9, 2003, 10:37:26 AM2/9/03

Cheech?

Elisabeth Müller

Feb 9, 2003, 10:37:27 AM2/9/03
On 3 Feb 2003 15:45:06 -0800, alar...@hotmail.com (Felicity) wrote:

>mael...@eunet.at (Elisabeth M ller) wrote
>> On Sun, 19 Jan 2003 20:29:51 +1100, "Felicity" <alar...@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:

>> >Don't you E???
>>
>> I would have to look up what it is in centimeters.
>
>11.43cm...
>
>Courtesy of www.suecookminiatures.com/lengthconverter.htm

But that is nothing ...

Larry Krzewinski

Feb 9, 2003, 10:51:22 AM2/9/03
On Sun, 09 Feb 2003 15:37:26 GMT, mael...@eunet.at (Elisabeth Müller)
wrote:

>>>Larry does not write since years. It just seems that long.
>>
>>Yes, my reputation precedes me where ever I go for some reason or
>>another. Hey, I did start posting to ATJ back in 1994. It was under
>>another name. I've been hanging around Usenet for a while now.
>>
>Cheech?

No thanks. He gives me gas. Now where were we?

Larry Krzewinski

Feb 9, 2003, 10:52:29 AM2/9/03
On Sun, 09 Feb 2003 15:37:27 GMT, mael...@eunet.at (Elisabeth Müller)
wrote:

>>> I would have to look up what it is in centimeters.
>>
>>11.43cm...
>>
>>Courtesy of www.suecookminiatures.com/lengthconverter.htm
>
>But that is nothing ...

Not to the person that owns it!

Alan

Feb 9, 2003, 5:42:10 PM2/9/03

Some owners see things much larger than they actually are.

Felicity

Feb 9, 2003, 7:28:00 PM2/9/03

Elisabeth wrote:

> >> I would have to look up what it is in centimeters.
> >
> >11.43cm...
> >
> >Courtesy of www.suecookminiatures.com/lengthconverter.htm
>
> But that is nothing ...

Compared to?

David Simpson

Feb 9, 2003, 6:03:43 PM2/9/03
On Sun, 09 Feb 2003 15:37:27 GMT, mael...@eunet.at (Elisabeth Müller)
typed furiously:

That is what we've been trying to tell you.

It is loading more messages.