Victorian Big Battery on FIRE !!

Phil Allison

Jul 30, 2021, 8:49:16 PM7/30/21

Dave Goldfinch

Jul 31, 2021, 3:55:45 AM7/31/21
Hi Phil

It certainly does look expensive!

I saw the article yesterday and expected to see some reference on TV news yesterday evening but not a mention on ABC or SBS. Did it get a mention over East?

Perhaps the greenies don't like bad news about "Clean Energy" installations?

Dave

Daniel65

Jul 31, 2021, 7:41:31 AM7/31/21
Dave Goldfinch wrote on 31/7/21 5:55 pm:
I did see/hear about it on T.V. last night. They even showed an overhead
of one of the boxes burning/smoking.

I guessed the vision had come from one of those remote-pilot
drone-thingees!!
--
Daniel

Computer Nerd Kev

Jul 31, 2021, 7:41:31 PM7/31/21
Daniel65 <dani...@eternal-september.org> wrote:
> Dave Goldfinch wrote on 31/7/21 5:55 pm:
>> On Saturday, July 31, 2021 at 8:49:16 AM UTC+8, p...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> this looks expensive:
>>>
>>> https://www.theregister.com/2021/07/30/tesla_battery_on_fire/
>>>
>> I saw the article yesterday and expected to see some reference on TV
>> news yesterday evening but not a mention on ABC or SBS. Did it get a
>> mention over East?
>>
>> Perhaps the greenies don't like bad news about "Clean Energy"
>> installations?
>>
> I did see/hear about it on T.V. last night. They even showed an overhead
> of one of the boxes burning/smoking.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-30/tesla-battery-fire-moorabool-geelong/100337488

I was actually expecting something a little bigger for "largest
battery in the southern hemisphere".

I suppose we'll never hear what specifically went wrong, assuming
they can even figure it out.

--
__ __
#_ < |\| |< _#

Rheilly Phoull

Jul 31, 2021, 8:08:20 PM7/31/21
Wasn't it a fire in a container owned by a subcontractor on site ?
Not a fault in the battery.

Rheilly Phoull

Jul 31, 2021, 8:10:13 PM7/31/21
On 1/08/2021 7:41 am, Computer Nerd Kev wrote:
Ahh correction just re-read the article. :-(

Phil Allison

Jul 31, 2021, 8:24:11 PM7/31/21
Dave Goldfinch wrote:
==================

> > this looks expensive:
> >
> > https://www.theregister.com/2021/07/30/tesla_battery_on_fire/
>>

> It certainly does look expensive!
>
> I saw the article yesterday and expected to see some reference on TV news yesterday evening but not a mention on ABC or SBS. Did it get a mention over East?
>
> Perhaps the greenies don't like bad news about "Clean Energy" installations?

** The firies cannot use water directly on the fire and it seems there is no local supply either.

The smoke is highly toxic and drifting into neighbouring properties.
Needs to be lots of fire retardent kept on site.

Massive target for terrorists too.

...... Phil

Rheilly Phoull

Aug 1, 2021, 9:19:41 PM8/1/21
On 1/08/2021 9:03 pm, noel wrote:
> who hte fuck runs a large chaemical plant (thats all batteries are)
> without suppression, fm200, inergen etc, christ, even Co2 would do hte
> trick

Victoria maybe, the are good on Covid suppression too.

keithr0

Aug 1, 2021, 9:39:08 PM8/1/21
On 1/08/2021 11:03 pm, noel wrote:
> On Sat, 31 Jul 2021 17:24:10 -0700, Phil Allison wrote:
>
> who hte fuck runs a large chaemical plant (thats all batteries are)
> without suppression, fm200, inergen etc, christ, even Co2 would do hte
> trick

Every computer room that I've worked in had a Halon suppression system.

keithr0

Aug 1, 2021, 11:23:54 PM8/1/21