name of component suppliers

F Murtz

Dec 6, 2021, 8:07:53 AM12/6/21
what is the name of the on line that a few of you use for small order
parts supplier other than RS , WES element 14 etc I am looking for a
zenner BZT03c30 so far have tried them all except element 14 that I had
trouble getting on to might try again tomorrow have not tried Altronics
yet either.

Trevor Wilson

Dec 6, 2021, 2:02:18 PM12/6/21

Computer Nerd Kev

Dec 6, 2021, 5:31:38 PM12/6/21
Here's Element 14:
https://au.element14.com/vishay/bzt03c30-tr/diode-zener-30v-3-25w/dp/9398384

To answer your actual question, I've been lucky in the past with
Rockby stocking parts that are out of production, though your
diode is still in production, and Rockby don't stock it.

Then there are overseas suppliers, eg. this one in Poland that I'm
waiting (slightly nervously) on a first order from:
https://shop.tvsat.com.pl/en_GB/index

They don't have your diode either.

--
__ __
#_ < |\| |< _#

Chris

Dec 6, 2021, 8:02:06 PM12/6/21
Mouser (https://au.mouser.com/) & DigiKey (https://www.digikey.com.au/) have presences in Oz too...

--
Cheers,
Chris.

Phil Allison

Dec 6, 2021, 8:22:06 PM12/6/21
Computer Nerd Kev wrote:
** Two similar 15V zeners in series work just as well - with double the dissipation.

I sometimes use strings of 5 or 6 to drop the screen voltages on power tubes.

...... Phil

F Murtz

Dec 7, 2021, 3:38:43 AM12/7/21
thanks to all, will try some