Ping: Bob Parker

Trevor Wilson

Apr 21, 2022, 5:52:03 AM4/21/22
Bob,

I hope you still pop in from time to time. I was just exchanging emails
with Phil Allison and I note that you once owned a BWD 521 CRO. I am
hoping you may still have the operator's manual lying around.

Trevor Wilson

Phil Allison

Apr 21, 2022, 8:02:49 PM4/21/22
Trevor Wilson wrote:
================

> I hope you still pop in from time to time. I was just exchanging emails
> with Phil Allison and I note that you once owned a BWD 521 CRO. I am
> hoping you may still have the operator's manual lying around.

** Did you Google for it ?

The full manual for the 521 is offered on Elektrotanya.

https://elektrotanya.com/bwd_electronics_bwd-521_oscilloscope.pdf/download.html#dl

A schem for the delayed time base is there.

..... Phil

Trevor Wilson

Apr 21, 2022, 11:44:35 PM4/21/22
**Thanks Phil. I checked BAMA and didn't bother with any other sources.

Message has been deleted

Bob Parker

May 2, 2022, 8:41:46 AM5/2/22
I hardly ever look at this group. Yeah, I had a BWD521 but I gave it away and I'm pretty sure I included the manual with it. The Electrotanya version of it looks complete so that should get you out of trouble. 👍

Trevor Wilson

May 2, 2022, 6:09:02 PM5/2/22
**Indeed it did. Phil referred it to me. Interestingly, I also have a
nice little Leader CRO I am servicing and the Elektrotanya copy of the
manual is more complete and significantly better quality than the one I
sourced elsewhere.

BTW: That BWD 521 is one heavy sucker.

Bob Parker

May 3, 2022, 8:02:19 AM5/3/22
On Tuesday, 3 May 2022 at 08:09:02 UTC+10, Trevor Wilson wrote:

> **Indeed it did. Phil referred it to me. Interestingly, I also have a
> nice little Leader CRO I am servicing and the Elektrotanya copy of the
> manual is more complete and significantly better quality than the one I
> sourced elsewhere.
>
> BTW: That BWD 521 is one heavy sucker.

It's heavy because there are two guns in it! 🙄

Trevor Wilson

May 3, 2022, 4:06:26 PM5/3/22
**LOL! And the biggest damned roll of coax I've ever seen used as a
delay line.

Clocky

May 4, 2022, 2:15:47 AM5/4/22
I still have a BWD503 that I fire up from time to time. That's probably
a lightweight compared to the 521 but it's heavy enough.

I'll have to check eletrotanya for the full 503 manual and if not there
I'll upload it.

--
keith on the 7 Oct 2021 wrote;
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if