x-on.com.au

Sylvia Else

Aug 27, 2021, 11:10:18 PM8/27/21
Anyone else used them - I think they used to be Mouser.

The web site is excruciatingly slow.

Sylvia.

Sylvia Else

Aug 27, 2021, 11:36:35 PM8/27/21
Second thoughts...

If I go to www.mouser.com.au, I get redirected to x-on.com.au

If I go au.mouser.com, I get to the Australian Mouser page.

Hmmm.....

Sylvia.

Trevor Wilson

Aug 27, 2021, 11:51:22 PM8/27/21
**I use X-On for certain components that I can't get anywhere else. They
are cheaper than US sites too. They deliver when they say they will.
Unlike RS this week. I ordered parts last Wednesday and, when they
hadn't turned up by yesterday afternoon, I called them. I grumped at
them, then grumped at Couriers Please (when their tracking told me that
delivery would be effected NEXT Wednesday!). The parts arrived on my
doorstep this morning.

Anyway, X-On are excellent. Similar pricing to RS or Element14.

Sylvia Else

Aug 28, 2021, 12:01:24 AM8/28/21
Well, apart from RE46C108E8F

$4.52 on X-On. $1.49 on Mouser.

Sylvia.

Phil Allison

Aug 28, 2021, 12:27:47 AM8/28/21
Trevor Wilson wrote:
=================
> Sylvia Else wrote:
> > Anyone else used them - I think they used to be Mouser.
> >
> > The web site is excruciatingly slow.

> **I use X-On for certain components that I can't get anywhere else. They
> are cheaper than US sites too. They deliver when they say they will.
> Unlike RS this week. I ordered parts last Wednesday and, when they
> hadn't turned up by yesterday afternoon, I called them. I grumped at
> them, then grumped at Couriers Please (when their tracking told me that
> delivery would be effected NEXT Wednesday!). The parts arrived on my
> doorstep this morning.
>
> Anyway, X-On are excellent. Similar pricing to RS or Element14.

** I took a look at their web site - very clunky.

But very pleased to see they sell a couple of CRT based scopes.

Not cheapies, cost over $1k.

..... Phil

Trevor Wilson

Aug 28, 2021, 12:43:27 AM8/28/21
**A grand for a new CRT 'scope _IS_ cheap.

Chinese made, no doubt. I'd rather have a 30 year old Tek.

Phil Allison

Aug 28, 2021, 1:32:43 AM8/28/21
Trevor Wilson wrote:
==================

> > ** I took a look at their web site - very clunky.
> >
> > But very pleased to see they sell a couple of CRT based scopes.
> >
> > Not cheapies, cost over $1k.
> >
> **A grand for a new CRT 'scope _IS_ cheap.
>
> Chinese made, no doubt.

** Taiwan
BK Precision brand.

IMO Decent but nothing exceptional.

Looks like no Mu-Metal shielding of the CRT.
Means cannot be used near anything with a magnet or a mains tranny.

So tube combo amps are a no-no.

...... Phil

Jasen Betts

Aug 28, 2021, 5:30:46 PM8/28/21
I'm guessing the domain mouser.com.au expired and now x-on has
registered it and is using it as a funnel to get more traffic.

according to whois this does not seem to be a recent change

Domain Name: MOUSER.COM.AU
Registry Domain ID: D407400000002361082-AU
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.auda.org.au
Registrar URL:
Last Modified: 2020-07-11T18:59:02Z
Registrar Name: Netregistry Pty Ltd
Registrar Abuse Contact Email:
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone:
Reseller Name:
https://afilias.com.au/get-au/whois-status-codes#serverRenewProhibited
Status Reason: Not Currently Eligible For Renewal
Registrant Contact ID: ID00177484-PR
Registrant Contact Name: Rob Tincey
Tech Contact ID: ID00177484-PR
Tech Contact Name: Rob Tincey
Name Server: NS1.NETREGISTRY.NET
Name Server: NS2.NETREGISTRY.NET
Name Server: NS3.NETREGISTRY.NET
DNSSEC: unsigned
Registrant: X-ON.COM PTY LTD
Registrant ID: ACN 009375768
Eligibility Type: Other

--
Jasen.

Sylvia Else

Aug 29, 2021, 12:26:27 AM8/29/21
Seems plausible.

Somewhat shady business practice, but common enough I expect.

Sylvia.