Element14 doesn't like my review

Sylvia Else

Dec 30, 2021, 6:04:25 PM12/30/21
https://au.element14.com/pro-elec/1518b-wht/travel-adapter-10a-250v-white/dp/283214001?ICID=I-RP-STM7REC-2

All I was doing was pointing out that connecting an appliance that needs
an earth via an adapter that (unaccountably) fails to provide one is
dangerous.

Sylvia.

Peter Jetson

Dec 30, 2021, 7:00:55 PM12/30/21
How did you phrase your review?

Peter

Sylvia Else

Dec 30, 2021, 7:08:36 PM12/30/21
On 31-Dec-21 11:00 am, Peter Jetson wrote:
> How did you phrase your review?
>
> Peter

Here it is verbatim.

Subject: Not earthed

Body: Most Australian sockets have a third Earth pin, which this adapter
will not use. Using an appliance that needs to be earthed with this
adapter is dangerous.

Phil Allison

Dec 31, 2021, 6:46:52 PM12/31/21
Sylvia Else wrote:
=============

> > How did you phrase your review?
> >
> Here it is verbatim.
>
> Subject: Not earthed
>
> Body: Most Australian sockets have a third Earth pin, which this adapter
> will not use. Using an appliance that needs to be earthed with this
> adapter is dangerous.

** Where was it posted ??

That UK to AU adapter is * illegal * to sell here.

Mains adapters and the like must have Australian safety agency approval prior to sale and normally do.
The droids at E14 seem not to know much about safety standards.

Some time ago, while know as Farnell, they were selling Arlec brand step-down transformers.
So were Jaycar and others - but not DSE.
These were intended for use with US, Canadian and other market appliances rated for 115 or 120 V AC supplies.

Problem was they were " auto-transformers " and could be used with non earthed items like shavers and "live chassis" radios and guitar amps from the US etc that are very hazardous run here without an isolation type tranny.

I informed Farnell the units were not safety approved and could not be so approved here due to the inherent hazard to users.
I was disbelieved at first as Farnell considered all Arlec products had safety approval.
Told them to look for any sign of that on the items, cos there were none.

Pleased to say they were soon off sale.
Not so lucky with Jaycar who's boss could not give a shit.

...... Phil

Sylvia Else

Dec 31, 2021, 8:08:33 PM12/31/21
On 01-Jan-22 10:46 am, Phil Allison wrote:
> Sylvia Else wrote:
> =============
>>
>>> How did you phrase your review?
>>>
>> Here it is verbatim.
>>
>> Subject: Not earthed
>>
>> Body: Most Australian sockets have a third Earth pin, which this adapter
>> will not use. Using an appliance that needs to be earthed with this
>> adapter is dangerous.
>>

> ** Where was it posted ??

On Element14's own site - though it never appeared. They said it didn't
comply with their posting guidelines, though they didn't say how, and I
couldn't see anything in the guidelines that my two sentence review
conflicted with.

Phil Allison

Dec 31, 2021, 8:36:59 PM12/31/21
Sylvia Else wrote:
===============

> >> Here it is verbatim.
> >>
> >> Subject: Not earthed
> >>
> >> Body: Most Australian sockets have a third Earth pin, which this adapter
> >> will not use. Using an appliance that needs to be earthed with this
> >> adapter is dangerous.
> >>

> > ** Where was it posted ??
>
> On Element14's own site - though it never appeared. They said it didn't
> comply with their posting guidelines, though they didn't say how, and I
> couldn't see anything in the guidelines that my two sentence review
> conflicted with.

** Well you see Sylvia, cos you had not actually purchased one YOU had no right to post a "review".

This site gives E14 a pretty bad wrap.

https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/element14

..... Phil

Clocky

Jan 1, 2022, 9:10:04 PMJan 1
Post it on every other review site and report the unsafe product to the
ACCC maybe?

Phil Allison

Jan 1, 2022, 9:19:35 PMJan 1
Clocky the Cockhead wrote:
======================
> Sylvia Else wrote:
> > https://au.element14.com/pro-elec/1518b-wht/travel-adapter-10a-250v-white/dp/283214001?ICID=I-RP-STM7REC-2
>

> > All I was doing was pointing out that connecting an appliance that needs
> > an earth via an adapter that (unaccountably) fails to provide one is
> > dangerous.
>
> Post it on every other review site and report the unsafe product to the
> ACCC maybe?

** If you were insane - you might do something that stupid.

OR just phone the tech help line and tell one of the staff.

Bet E14 have never even sold one here.

..... Phil

Clocky

Jan 1, 2022, 10:06:42 PMJan 1
Who won't actually give a shit. Sylvia is usually interested in getting
a result which whining to some droid is unlikely to achieve.

> Bet E14 have never even sold one here.

Irrelevant.

Phil Allison

Jan 1, 2022, 10:25:21 PMJan 1
Clocky the Fuckhead
===================

> >> Post it on every other review site and report the unsafe product to the
> >> ACCC maybe?
> >>

> > ** If you were insane - you might do something that stupid.
> >
> > OR just phone the tech help line and tell one of the staff.
> >
> Who won't actually give a shit.

** They pulled the unsafe Arlec step downs off sale on my advice.

Did you bother to read the WHOLE thread??

> Sylvia is usually interested in getting a result

** Sylvia is ONLY out to BLOAT her sick ego - like YOU.

> > Bet E14 have never even sold one here.
> >
> Irrelevant.

** Massively relevant !!!!!!.

..... Phil