Newsreader needed

Yosemite Sam

Aug 7, 2022, 10:49:17 PM8/7/22

Does anyone know of a usenet newsreader that lets you sort by replies to
just your own posts? so instead of wading thru lots of posts looking for
replies to yours, you can easily find them. thanks,

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Peter Jason

Aug 7, 2022, 11:24:17 PM8/7/22
On Mon, 8 Aug 2022 12:52:17 +1000, Yosemite Sam <fe...@goaway.com>
wrote:

>Does anyone know of a usenet newsreader that lets you sort by replies to
>just your own posts? so instead of wading thru lots of posts looking for
>replies to yours, you can easily find them. thanks,

I use Agent8 and it's easy to sort on "Author" column to group various
posters.

Rod Speed

Aug 8, 2022, 12:06:29 AM8/8/22
Peter Jason <p...@jostle.com> wrote
But that doesnt let you see who has replied to your own posts.

Some news readers do allow you to highlight your own posts using
the filter system and then it isnt hard to see who has replied to those.
Can't remember which ones do that tho.

Xeno

Aug 8, 2022, 12:16:01 AM8/8/22
On 8/8/2022 12:52 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:

> Does anyone know of a usenet newsreader that lets you sort by replies to
> just your own posts? so instead of wading thru lots of posts looking for
> replies to yours, you can easily find them. thanks,

I just click TBird to show threads, then track down the threads to see
who's replied to what.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Phil Allison

Aug 8, 2022, 12:19:25 AM8/8/22
Yosemite Sam wrote:
=================

> Does anyone know of a usenet newsreader that lets you sort by replies to
> just your own posts?

** When you are the OP - they all do just that.

> so instead of wading thru lots of posts looking for
> replies to yours, you can easily find them.

** You need to read ( or scan) all replies in a thread, following the context is important.

...... Phil

max headroom

Aug 8, 2022, 1:57:16 AM8/8/22
In news:jlbbtb...@mid.individual.net, Yosemite Sam <fe...@goaway.com> typed:

> Does anyone know of a usenet newsreader that lets you sort by replies to
> just your own posts? so instead of wading thru lots of posts looking for
> replies to yours, you can easily find them. thanks,

Outlook Express.

Gary R. Schmidt

Aug 8, 2022, 3:54:06 AM8/8/22
On 08/08/2022 12:52, Yosemite Sam wrote:

> Does anyone know of a usenet newsreader that lets you sort by replies to
> just your own posts? so instead of wading thru lots of posts looking for
> replies to yours, you can easily find them. thanks,

Thunderbird.

BetterBird - which is an attempt to fix at least some of the bugs in TB,
but there are so very, very many.

Both allow you to create a custom "View:" filter with "From:" contains
"xyz".

Cheers,
Gary B-)

Frank Slootweg

Aug 8, 2022, 2:56:13 PM8/8/22
Yosemite Sam <fe...@goaway.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know of a usenet newsreader that lets you sort by replies to
> just your own posts? so instead of wading thru lots of posts looking for
> replies to yours, you can easily find them. thanks,

You're using News.Individual.Net as your news server. NIN allows you
to add a 'ID-MYUSERID' tag in the 'Message-ID:' header of your posts [1].

As far as I know, Thunderbird - your newsreader - allows you to score
on that header.

In my newsreader (tin), I score on messages where my tag is in the
last message-id of the 'References:' header, i.e. messages which are a
response to one of my posts.

N.B. I do not know if Thunderbird allows you to generate your own
message-ids, which is needed for the first step. If not, you'll need a
different newsreader or a proxy between your newsreader and the NIN news
server. (I use Hamster for that purpose.)

[1] <https://news.individual.net/faq.php#4.4>

Paddy

Aug 8, 2022, 7:07:04 PM8/8/22
On Mon, 8 Aug 2022 12:52:17 +1000, Yosemite Sam wrote:

> Does anyone know of a usenet newsreader that lets you sort by replies to
> just your own posts? so instead of wading thru lots of posts looking for
> replies to yours, you can easily find them. thanks,

How topical. My fabulous, but ancient and decidely fragile, 40tude Dialog
crashed (again) this morning. Been using it last century, which was also
when it was last updated, so I won't recommend it, which is a shame as it'd
satisfy your requirements and then some. As Dialog does, you could use a
reader that 'scores' every poster you choose, eg, 'felix = 10', then all
your posts stick out like dogs. Or you can simply colour your posts
differently to the rest.

alvey
Suspecting that the end of Dialog is near. Very near.

Jasen Betts

Aug 9, 2022, 3:30:43 AM8/9/22
On 2022-08-08, Yosemite Sam <fe...@goaway.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know of a usenet newsreader that lets you sort by replies to
> just your own posts? so instead of wading thru lots of posts looking for
> replies to yours, you can easily find them. thanks,

mutt can do it by using a positive killfile rule on references header
against a distinctive message-id domain name.

--
Jasen.

alvey

Aug 9, 2022, 5:38:01 PM8/9/22
It was. RIP Dialog.

Anyhoo, am trying Pan. A Dialog lookalike but missing a couple of
Fortitude options.

alvey

Rod Speed

Aug 9, 2022, 7:32:52 PM8/9/22
On Wed, 10 Aug 2022 07:38:00 +1000, alvey <Paddy.O....@coast.org>
wrote:
A thread in another group has been complaining aboui it having
a hell of a capacity to crash and take out some of the messages.

alvey

Aug 9, 2022, 9:07:01 PM8/9/22
They're right. Am now looking elswhere.

alvey

dolf

Aug 14, 2022, 2:55:46 AM8/14/22
Thunderbird has a "between" column which might achieve that for you ...
but it also has a hierarchy view -- but I am not certain if any of those
will meet your need as I typically don't use either feature.

On 8/8/2022 12:52, Yosemite Sam wrote:

> Does anyone know of a usenet newsreader that lets you sort by replies to
> just your own posts? so instead of wading thru lots of posts looking for
> replies to yours, you can easily find them. thanks,

prototypes which are prerequisite to the BEING of HOMO[iOS] SAPIEN[S|T]
as EXISTENCE / *OUSIA*.

<http://www.grapple369.com/Grumble.zip> (Download resources)