It's here it's here!!!!!

Bradley

Nov 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/16/98
Ah ha! Here it is at last!
Hello to all :) Hope you are well.

Anyone know anything about the Nude Surfing Competition that has been held
at Bondi Beach on Australia Day? Are nude spectators tolerated?!
Bradley

Voodoolady

Nov 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/16/98
I live at Bondi and would you believe the last nude surfing competition I was
at Bardot's :)

I always think things like this are a bit gimmicky and don't really do much in
the way of promoting nudity as a natural thing. It attracts people who just
go to see if people really do have the guts to really surf nude and television
cameras turn up to film the spectacle of people actually surfing nude!!! God
Forbid!!

I think seeing some of the wonderful web pages created showing families
enjoying a day at the beach, sailing, bushwalking or just lying around getting
a tan are much more positive light.

As for being nude on the day, well South Bondi has been topless for many years
and I guess you could always park a surfboard next to you if you want to blend
in but beware there are literally hundreds of gawkers!!!!

Take Care Brad and nice to see you here

Voodoolady

Dario Western

Feb 6, 2022, 1:40:24 AM2/6/22
Hi all,

Just been doing a walk down memory lane in this NG to the first ever post in here. So how have things changed in the 23+ years since this NG started?

On Monday, November 16, 1998 at 6:00:00 PM UTC+10, Voodoolady wrote:
> I live at Bondi and would you believe the last nude surfing competition I was
> at Bardot's :)
> I always think things like this are a bit gimmicky and don't really do much in
> the way of promoting nudity as a natural thing. It attracts people who just
> go to see if people really do have the guts to really surf nude and television
> cameras turn up to film the spectacle of people actually surfing nude!!! God
> Forbid!!

Stuff like nude surfing, Spencer Tunick shoots, Running of the Bulls & Cows, World Naked Bike Ride and World Naked Gardening Day are popular with a lot of people who like a bit of novelty, because they are not everyday events. But if some get interested in being nude on a more serious and permanent level from participating in such events, then more power to them I say.

Since then, we have some Australian naturist celebrities like Mick Davie from the ANF, Josh Smith from Nude Up Australia, and Jessa O'Brien and Emily Walsh who are both naturist vegans with YouTube channels. They are helping normalize nudity in our culture, and educate a new younger generation of people about it to make it more accessible than closed circuit clubs and naturist magazines formerly hidden behind pornographic magazines in newsagents.

> I think seeing some of the wonderful web pages created showing families
> enjoying a day at the beach, sailing, bushwalking or just lying around getting
> a tan are much more positive light.

I would like to agree with this, but unfortunately there are some seriously fucked up people on the internet who have exploited these websites (and the participants in them) to produce child pornography or what we now called 'child exploitation material' to nefarious individuals who have no real interest in naturism, just wanting pics and clips of naked kids and adolescents for their collections and/or to trade with others.
The site Nudist Hall Of Shame by Nikki Craft documents a lot of these people who have been caught with their pants down in the US.

> As for being nude on the day, well South Bondi has been topless for many years
> and I guess you could always park a surfboard next to you if you want to blend
> in but beware there are literally hundreds of gawkers!!!!

I haven't been to Bondi for years now, but is this still the case? I would have thought in the era of smartphones and 'revenge porn' and digital meerkats at beaches that a lot more women are keeping their swimmers on now to keep those nasties at bay?

We need more people like Bob Reed on our beaches again to police the behaviour of the beachgoers. Freedom and liberty comes at a price, but it's a small one compared to the possible thousands in legal costs if a high profile person has a bad experience at a nude beach and wants to sue and call for the beach to be shut down.

Naturally,

Dario