Nude Rugby Girl: Rachel Scott Joins Men, Blind Referee for Naked Rugby Match

Anna

Aug 8, 2011, 12:19:53 PM8/8/11
I have already posted on this extensively and recommend you going to
see the videos of the event (yes the whole event) in my previous
posts.

You know how I say that public nudity (nudity outside a nudist/
naturist setting) doesn't work for the most part. This was an
incredible exception to this. The spectators were of all ages (even
children) and there wasn't any lewdness but respect for the naked
people. I was very impressed because again this wasn't a group of
nudists but instead just average people attending and participating.

I find it sad though that Rachel Scott said she might not participate
next year. She sure looked like she was having fun from the videos
and again from what I saw she was treated with respect from all
sides. I don't know why she saw it as a kind of negative experience
(she said she didn't regret it so it wasn't totally negative but the
fact she said she wouldn't want to do it again showed that it was
somewhat a negative experience for her).

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/795474-nude-rugby-girl-rachel-scott-joins-men-blind-referee-for-naked-rugby-match

http://tinyurl.com/3tm7ted

Now this is a new one. In a nude rugby match that went down in New
Zealand, there was both nude women participating and a blind referee.

Yes, you read that correctly. A blind referee was in control on a nude
rugby match. Bleacher Report is still attempting to figure out how
well the ref did, but does it really matter? Here is what the Otago
Daily News had to say about the blind referee taking part in the
match,

Julie "aka `That blind woman'" Woods return as referee after
taking it up in 2004 following a suggestion by All Black great Colin
Meads.

The Dunedin woman said she enjoyed her first experience and was
delighted to don her boots and test her whistle once again.

The self-confessed rugby fan, who will be attending World Cup matches
at Forsyth Barr Stadium, said she sometimes got annoyed at games when
she heard comments directed at referees about their lack of vision.

Well, it sounds like they got their point across. What better way than
to get someone to stop calling referees blind than to put a blind
person on the field? Well, maybe there is a better way, but who cares?

Rachel Scott, a 21-year-old student from Auckland, New Zealand, took
part in the festivities and was even named player of the match.

In all honesty, it is highly unlikely that she was the best player out
on the pitch, but how could a group of naked men turn down giving
player of the match to a naked woman?

According to Auckland Now, Scott said she had no regrets about her
decision in taking part in the event, even though she was originally
concerned how her family would react to her running around the pitch
in the nude.

The girl definitely deserves the props to go out there and run around
the pitch nude. I, for one, don't even know if I would have the guts
to perform that act, so she certainly gets some credit for that.

But will she go out and play in the nude again? Unfortunately, she
wasn't so sure she would take part in the event again.

Disappointing, huh?

Very disappointing. There isn't a person in the world who wouldn't
want to see her get back out there on the pitch and do it again. There
might even be some of us who want to get out there on the pitch and
join her for some naked rugby.

Emmitt Milton

Dec 5, 2021, 4:09:49 PM12/5/21