Windows 10 MTP issue

Yosemite Sam

Mar 5, 2022, 8:59:45 PM3/5/22

My phone no longer comes up in windows explorer so I can transfer files.
I've tried every fix I can find on the net to no avail. Driver Booster
Pro [https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster-pro.php] tells me I have
the latest driver installed and there's a download called MTP porting
kit, but it seems redundant but I tried it anyway. and of course I have
tried driver update in device manager both auto and manual methods. does
anyone know something I can check in windows that is causing the problem?

pics: auslink.info/mtp

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Yosemite Sam

Mar 5, 2022, 9:16:24 PM3/5/22
sorry, http://www.auslink.info/mtp
"His opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster
"He came, he saw, he got pummelled" - Alvey on Keefy
"What a pair! Not a single word of rebuttal or reason,
just cretinous abuse" - Alvey on jonz and noddy
"His self serving ego pumping comments just
read like witless wankery"- Clocky on Keefy
"your opinion isn't worth 2 knobs of goat shit"
- Xeno on Grubby Tech

Petzl

Mar 5, 2022, 10:38:44 PM3/5/22
On Sun, 6 Mar 2022 13:00:11 +1100, Yosemite Sam <fe...@invalid.com>
wrote:
You have to set-up your mobile side as well even for USB file transfer
In Mobile settings under
USB Preferences
--
Petzl
ALWAYS Vote oligarchies Coalition, Labor, "Greens"

keithr0

Mar 5, 2022, 10:50:58 PM3/5/22
The message indicates that the driver that you have is not the one that
Windows wants to see.

Maybe this will help (or not)

https://nerdschalk.com/moto-g-drivers-download-adb-fastboot/

Grumpy Tech

Mar 5, 2022, 11:23:07 PM3/5/22
On 6/03/2022 1:50 pm, keithr0 wrote:
> On 6/03/2022 12:00 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>
>> My phone no longer comes up in windows explorer so I can transfer
>> files. I've tried every fix I can find on the net to no avail. Driver
>> Booster Pro [https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster-pro.php] tells me
>> I have the latest driver installed and there's a download called MTP
>> porting kit, but it seems redundant but I tried it anyway. and of
>> course I have tried driver update in device manager both auto and
>> manual methods. does anyone know something I can check in windows that
>> is causing the problem?
>>
>> pics: auslink.info/mtp
>>

> The message indicates that the driver that you have is not the one that
> Windows wants to see.

Probably caused by the malware he has installed to "update" his drivers.
Initial step would be to see if there is a previous driver in device
manager.

He states it works on another machine so check the driver on that and
compare.

Max

Mar 5, 2022, 11:52:06 PM3/5/22
All the tech companies are expecting people to use cloud storage to
store and transfer files these days.

Win 11 doesn't even have a backup to drive function anymore.

Grumpy Tech

Mar 6, 2022, 12:50:01 AM3/6/22
It still has file history in Control Panel. You can choose a local,
external, or network drive to backup to.

Clocky

Mar 6, 2022, 1:38:25 AM3/6/22
On 6/03/2022 10:16 am, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 6/03/2022 1:00 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>
>> My phone no longer comes up in windows explorer so I can transfer
>> files. I've tried every fix I can find on the net to no avail. Driver
>> Booster Pro [https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster-pro.php] tells me
>> I have the latest driver installed and there's a download called MTP
>> porting kit, but it seems redundant but I tried it anyway. and of
>> course I have tried driver update in device manager both auto and
>> manual methods. does anyone know something I can check in windows that
>> is causing the problem?
>>
>> pics: auslink.info/mtp
>>

> sorry, http://www.auslink.info/mtp

My usual goto is to remove the drivers and reboot. Also try another port.

Yosemite Sam

Mar 6, 2022, 1:41:59 AM3/6/22
On 6/03/2022 2:38 pm, Petzl wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Mar 2022 13:00:11 +1100, Yosemite Sam <fe...@invalid.com>
> wrote:
>
>> My phone no longer comes up in windows explorer so I can transfer files.
>> I've tried every fix I can find on the net to no avail. Driver Booster
>> Pro [https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster-pro.php] tells me I have
>> the latest driver installed and there's a download called MTP porting
>> kit, but it seems redundant but I tried it anyway. and of course I have
>> tried driver update in device manager both auto and manual methods. does
>> anyone know something I can check in windows that is causing the problem?
>>
>> pics: auslink.info/mtp
> You have to set-up your mobile side as well even for USB file transfer
> In Mobile settings under
> USB Preferences

yes I know

Yosemite Sam

Mar 6, 2022, 2:25:08 AM3/6/22
current link ..
https://motorola-device-manager.software.informer.com/download/

tried it but didn't help. I don't think the problem is the driver, but
rather that windoze can't install a driver. the device manager entry
reports that there's no diver installed! did  you check the error
message I get?

http://www.auslink.info/mtp

Yosemite Sam

Mar 6, 2022, 2:26:32 AM3/6/22
On 6/03/2022 3:23 pm, Grumpy Tech wrote:
> On 6/03/2022 1:50 pm, keithr0 wrote:
>> On 6/03/2022 12:00 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>>
>>> My phone no longer comes up in windows explorer so I can transfer
>>> files. I've tried every fix I can find on the net to no avail.
>>> Driver Booster Pro [https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster-pro.php]
>>> tells me I have the latest driver installed and there's a download
>>> called MTP porting kit, but it seems redundant but I tried it
>>> anyway. and of course I have tried driver update in device manager
>>> both auto and manual methods. does anyone know something I can check
>>> in windows that is causing the problem?
>>>
>>> pics: auslink.info/mtp
>>>

>> The message indicates that the driver that you have is not the one
>> that Windows wants to see.
>
> Probably caused by the malware he has installed to "update" his drivers.

no

>> Maybe this will help (or not)
>>
>> https://nerdschalk.com/moto-g-drivers-download-adb-fastboot/
>
> Initial step would be to see if there is a previous driver in device
> manager.

there is none

> He states it works on another machine so check the driver on that and
> compare.

I'll check what driver is there and copy it

Yosemite Sam

Mar 6, 2022, 2:28:18 AM3/6/22
yep i'd tried removing the phone in device manager and rebooting and
using other ports

Grumpy Tech

Mar 6, 2022, 2:38:34 AM3/6/22
On 6/03/2022 5:26 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 6/03/2022 3:23 pm, Grumpy Tech wrote:

>>> The message indicates that the driver that you have is not the one
>>> that Windows wants to see.
>>
>> Probably caused by the malware he has installed to "update" his drivers.
>

> no

I'd say yes more than likely. Probably installed a generic usb driver
and now will not load. IOBIT is NOT good for your machine.

>>> Maybe this will help (or not)
>>>
>>> https://nerdschalk.com/moto-g-drivers-download-adb-fastboot/
>>
>> Initial step would be to see if there is a previous driver in device
>> manager.
>

> there is none
>

>> He states it works on another machine so check the driver on that and
>> compare.
>>

> I'll check what driver is there and copy it

That may or may not work depending on it's dependencies.

Yosemite Sam

Mar 6, 2022, 2:58:33 AM3/6/22
On 6/03/2022 6:38 pm, Grumpy Tech wrote:
> On 6/03/2022 5:26 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:

>>> Probably caused by the malware he has installed to "update" his
>>> drivers.
>>

>> no
>>

> I'd say yes more than likely. Probably installed a generic usb driver
> and now will not load.

no, the problem existed before I used it.

>  IOBIT is NOT good for your machine.

why? it has always been good in keeping the drivers up to date

>>> Initial step would be to see if there is a previous driver in device
>>> manager.
>>

>> there is none
>>

>>> He states it works on another machine so check the driver on that
>>> and compare.
>>>

>> I'll check what driver is there and copy it
>>

> That may or may not work depending on it's dependencies.

here is device manager from the backup PC.
http://auslink.info/mtp/backup_devman.png

you'll notice that the phone comes up under the "portable devices"
heading, a classification that does not appear on the main machine!?
does this give you any clues?

Clocky

Mar 6, 2022, 4:05:44 AM3/6/22
On 6/03/2022 3:25 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 6/03/2022 2:50 pm, keithr0 wrote:
>> On 6/03/2022 12:00 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>>
>>> My phone no longer comes up in windows explorer so I can transfer
>>> files. I've tried every fix I can find on the net to no avail. Driver
>>> Booster Pro [https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster-pro.php] tells
>>> me I have the latest driver installed and there's a download called
>>> MTP porting kit, but it seems redundant but I tried it anyway. and of
>>> course I have tried driver update in device manager both auto and
>>> manual methods. does anyone know something I can check in windows
>>> that is causing the problem?
>>>
>>> pics: auslink.info/mtp
>>>

>> The message indicates that the driver that you have is not the one
>> that Windows wants to see.
>>
>> Maybe this will help (or not)
>>
>> https://nerdschalk.com/moto-g-drivers-download-adb-fastboot/
>

> current link ..
> https://motorola-device-manager.software.informer.com/download/
>
> tried it but didn't help. I don't think the problem is the driver, but
> rather that windoze can't install a driver. the device manager entry
> reports that there's no diver installed! did  you check the error
> message I get?
>
> http://www.auslink.info/mtp

Do you have a restore point you can go back to before it all went tits up?

Yosemite Sam

Mar 6, 2022, 4:18:51 AM3/6/22
yeah probably, but I think the issue is just that there's a file missing
from the PC, as the messages keep telling me. It would be a simple fix
if I can just restore the necessary file(s)

Yosemite Sam

Mar 6, 2022, 4:21:18 AM3/6/22
here's how to install portable devices in Device Manager, but I still
get an error message 'can't find the specified file' when I follow the
procedure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSVID3c6Ono

Petzl

Mar 6, 2022, 4:26:43 AM3/6/22
On Sun, 6 Mar 2022 17:41:57 +1100, Yosemite Sam <fe...@invalid.com>
wrote:

>On 6/03/2022 2:38 pm, Petzl wrote:
>> On Sun, 6 Mar 2022 13:00:11 +1100, Yosemite Sam <fe...@invalid.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> My phone no longer comes up in windows explorer so I can transfer files.
>>> I've tried every fix I can find on the net to no avail. Driver Booster
>>> Pro [https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster-pro.php] tells me I have
>>> the latest driver installed and there's a download called MTP porting
>>> kit, but it seems redundant but I tried it anyway. and of course I have
>>> tried driver update in device manager both auto and manual methods. does
>>> anyone know something I can check in windows that is causing the problem?
>>>
>>> pics: auslink.info/mtp
>> You have to set-up your mobile side as well even for USB file transfer
>> In Mobile settings under
>> USB Preferences
>
>yes I know

Then go to Control Panel, while mobile connected
"Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers"
Look at properties
--
Petzl
Gough Whitlam when Joe Riordan lost the seat of Philip in Sydney’s

I had an uncle that lived in Wellington. He voted Liberal all his
life until he passed away 10 years ago. Now he votes Labor.

Yosemite Sam

Mar 6, 2022, 5:14:38 AM3/6/22
On 6/03/2022 8:26 pm, Petzl wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Mar 2022 17:41:57 +1100, Yosemite Sam <fe...@invalid.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 6/03/2022 2:38 pm, Petzl wrote:

>>> You have to set-up your mobile side as well even for USB file transfer
>>> In Mobile settings under
>>> USB Preferences
>> yes I know
>>
> Then go to Control Panel, while mobile connected
> "Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers"
> Look at properties

I went there and ran the troubleshooter and rebooted, but it didn't fix
the problem. :(

Linarse Torvalds

Mar 6, 2022, 8:40:52 PM3/6/22
try KDE Connect. It was a linux program, but so good it got ported to
Windoze and Mac

Clocky

Mar 6, 2022, 9:11:57 PM3/6/22
It could be a lot of things including a registry error. Using a restore
point might be easier.

Yosemite Sam

Mar 7, 2022, 8:33:52 AM3/7/22
thanks. I've started using Airdroid. I've given up trying to find a
solution for a USB connection.

Yosemite Sam

Mar 7, 2022, 8:37:10 AM3/7/22
not a registry error, according to my registry cleaning software. I
don't trust restore point, since the last time I used it it fucked the PC.

Grumpy Tech

Mar 7, 2022, 8:46:09 AM3/7/22
Oh my...

Not only are you using a program that is known to install incorrect
drivers, you're using a registry cleaner to completely stuff up your system.

You are a computer tech's nightmare.

No bloody wonder nothing is working for you.

Yosemite Sam

Mar 7, 2022, 8:58:07 AM3/7/22
everything works fine dickhead. just this recent problem. crawl back in
yer hole. you don't know how to fix it mr. tech genius.

Grumpy Tech

Mar 7, 2022, 9:39:59 AM3/7/22
I could definitely fix it without an issue, but your attitude when
presented with facts absolutely sucks.

You're an idiot using those programs. They are the fastest way to screw
up your computer.

Try this...
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/windows-repair-all-in-one/ It
might resolve your issue, however read up about what it does and make
sure you follow the steps.

Yosemite Sam

Mar 7, 2022, 6:22:51 PM3/7/22
go ahead. make my day. I'm all ears..

> but your attitude when presented with facts absolutely sucks.
>
> You're an idiot using those programs.  They are the fastest way to
> screw up your computer.

bullshit. I've been using them for years and they keep the PC ticking
over like a well oiled machine. never had a issue with any of them ever.
they are the best of their kind IMO.

> Try this...
> https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/windows-repair-all-in-one/
> It might resolve your issue, however read up about what it does and
> make sure you follow the steps.

we'll see then..
"His opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster
"He came, he saw, he got pummelled" - Alvey on Keefy
"What a pair! Not a single word of rebuttal or reason,
just cretinous abuse" - Alvey on jonz and noddy
"His self serving ego pumping comments just
read like witless wankery"- Clocky on Keefy

Max

Mar 8, 2022, 1:20:05 AM3/8/22
From all reports, File History is hopeless and unreliable.

What's needed is a proper backup function, which is what Win 10 had with
its legacy Backup and Restore (Win 7).

Grumpy Tech

Mar 8, 2022, 8:45:06 AM3/8/22
Actually Windows 11 does have the backup and restore Win 7 in control
panel. I looked at my win 11 machine tonight.

F Murtz

Mar 8, 2022, 10:13:34 AM3/8/22
do what I did and chuck windoze altogether, the computer I am using now
mainly has no windoze on it at all,just mint linux

Yosemite Sam

Mar 8, 2022, 8:24:05 PM3/8/22
I couldn't be bothered with the learning curve

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

"His opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster
"He came, he saw, he got pummelled" - Alvey on Keefy
"What a pair! Not a single word of rebuttal or reason,
just cretinous abuse" - Alvey on jonz and noddy
"His self serving ego pumping comments just read
like witless wankery"- Clocky on Keefy
"your opinion isn't worth 2 knobs of goat shit"- Xeno on Grubby Tech
"You cannot turn Darren's lies into the truth by attempting to *discredit*
what *I* say. You just make yourself look more of a dick"- Xeno to Grubby Tech

jonz@nowhere.

Mar 8, 2022, 10:34:54 PM3/8/22
On Sunday, 6 March 2022 at 12:59:45 UTC+11, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> My phone no longer comes up in windows explorer so I can transfer files.
> I've tried every fix I can find on the net to no avail. Driver Booster
> Pro [https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster-pro.php] tells me I have
> the latest driver installed and there's a download called MTP porting
> kit, but it seems redundant but I tried it anyway.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The *latest* driver is not necessarily the *best* one for your application.

and of course I have
> tried driver update in device manager both auto and manual methods. does
> anyone know something I can check in windows that is causing the problem?
>
> pics: auslink.info/mtp

Yosemite Sam

Mar 8, 2022, 10:59:31 PM3/8/22
On 9/03/2022 2:34 pm, jonz@nowhere. wrote:
> On Sunday, 6 March 2022 at 12:59:45 UTC+11, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>> My phone no longer comes up in windows explorer so I can transfer files.
>> I've tried every fix I can find on the net to no avail. Driver Booster
>> Pro [https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster-pro.php] tells me I have
>> the latest driver installed and there's a download called MTP porting
>> kit, but it seems redundant but I tried it anyway.
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> The *latest* driver is not necessarily the *best* one for your application.

the problem is that windoze cannot install a driver, any driver. see ..
auslink.info/mtp

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Petzl

Mar 9, 2022, 2:46:55 AM3/9/22
Did try it,
Most certainly my 64 bit Win10 now runs faster.
Thanks
--
Petzl
Make Australia Great Again

Mark Latham has seen the light
Voting Coalition, Labor or "Greens" because you hate One Nation is like eating shit because you hate spinach

ALWAYS Vote oligarchies Coalition, Labor, "Greens"
*LAST*, Federal State and Council!

Grumpy Tech

Mar 9, 2022, 5:41:16 AM3/9/22
No problem. I wonder if Yosemite will try it.

Petzl

Mar 9, 2022, 5:04:46 PM3/9/22
On Wed, 9 Mar 2022 20:41:13 +1000, Grumpy Tech
<grumpy...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 9/03/2022 5:46 pm, Petzl wrote:
>> On Tue, 8 Mar 2022 00:39:55 +1000, Grumpy Tech
>> <grumpy...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Try this...
>>> https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/windows-repair-all-in-one/ It
>>> might resolve your issue, however read up about what it does and make
>>> sure you follow the steps.
>>>
>> Did try it,
>> Most certainly my 64 bit Win10 now runs faster.
>> Thanks
>
>No problem. I wonder if Yosemite will try it.

Well it worked for me. did take around 40 minutes, so I watched the
"Young and the useless" finished by the time the TV did.
Now starts faster (I always shut down computer bed time)
--
Petzl
Good lawyers know the law