Epson printer clogged up.

Peter Jason

Feb 13, 2022, 9:18:06 PM2/13/22
I print on DVD platters.

The printer is a...
"Epson Stylus Photo R290"

It's been going well for years but recently I have been using Internet
cheap inks, like this....

https://www.inkstation.com.au/

....which work, though the blacks are not as intense.

Now the printing has become faint and yellowish.

I have done all the nozzle cleaning/maintenance possible but the
problem remains.

Can this be some printer hardware problem? Does anyone have similar
vicissitudes?

keithr0

Feb 14, 2022, 2:58:35 AM2/14/22
Cheap ink, you get what you pay for.

Rod Speed

Feb 14, 2022, 12:47:13 PM2/14/22
Peter Jason <p...@jostle.com> wrote

> I print on DVD platters.

I used to, but don't anymore. Why do you still use
them instead of usb sticks or external hard drives ?

Peter Jason

Feb 15, 2022, 9:35:21 PM2/15/22
Sometimes I lend movies to people with basic equipment. Anyway
platters are like library cards....easy to file with a summary; like
this...
https://postimg.cc/HcXfMJhc
...and I have squillions of other movies on HDDs. I always try to
upgrade movies for better prints, colorization, subtitles etc. For
subs (with luck)...
https://subimdb.com/subtitles/searchbytitle?query=moloch&l=

Rod Speed

Feb 16, 2022, 1:14:28 PM2/16/22
Peter Jason <p...@jostle.com> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote
>> Peter Jason <p...@jostle.com> wrote

>>> I print on DVD platters.

>> I used to, but don't anymore. Why do you still use
>> them instead of usb sticks or external hard drives ?

> Sometimes I lend movies to people with basic equipment.

But do you do that often enough to warrant printing on the DVD ?

> Anyway
> platters are like library cards....easy to file with a summary; like
> this...
> https://postimg.cc/HcXfMJhc

Works a lot better to use an external hard drive.

> ...and I have squillions of other movies on HDDs. I always try to
> upgrade movies for better prints, colorization, subtitles etc. For
> subs (with luck)...
> https://subimdb.com/subtitles/searchbytitle?query=moloch&l=

Still better to have them on an external hard drive than
copying DVDs and BluRays and printing those.