Need bluetooth headset to hear TV.

West of the Rockies

Jan 22, 2022, 7:52:33 PM1/22/22
Bad hearing, need a headset (Bluetooth or otherwise) to hear TV.

Some TVs are advertised with Bluetooth capabilities.

Anybody with experience using these, and is a dongle (Bluetooth or
something else) needed to be plugged into the tv?

Marco Moock

Jan 23, 2022, 4:38:25 AM1/23/22
Am Sonntag, 23. Januar 2022, um 00:51:27 Uhr schrieb West of the
Rockies:

> Bad hearing, need a headset (Bluetooth or otherwise) to hear TV.
>
> Some TVs are advertised with Bluetooth capabilities.

They you should be able to pair the headphones directly to your TV.

> Anybody with experience using these, and is a dongle (Bluetooth or
> something else) needed to be plugged into the tv?

I don't think that you need a dongle (=Bluetooth transceiver) if your
TV supports Bluetooth. If it doesn't support Bluetooth directly, I
don't think that a Bluetooth dongle will work if not specified by the
TV manufacturer.

Petzl

Jan 23, 2022, 6:37:30 AM1/23/22
If your TV has bluetooth capabilities you just need Bluetooth head
phones which will detect your headphones in your TV setup.

You can also get a bluetooth "dongle" that will plug into your TV
audio plug/jack
https://www.logitech.com/en-au/products/speakers/bluetooth-audio-adapter.980-000914.html
https://t.ly/yjox
Easily connect most computer speakers, home stereo systems or AV
receivers via the 3.5 mm or RCA inputs. Plug the Bluetooth Audio
Receiver into an AC power source.

you then need Bluetooth earphones $300 or over is my gauge
https://t.ly/HbuO officeworks
https://t.ly/2lZu
JBL but shop around I use
https://en-au.sennheiser.com/momentumwireless

Not sure but TV's with bluetooth are getting cheaper shop around

--
Petzl
The Greens have never done anything worthwhile to this country.

Frank Slootweg

Jan 23, 2022, 2:03:10 PM1/23/22
Petzl <pet...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Jan 2022 00:51:27 -0000, West of the Rockies
> <Cowbo...@montana.org> wrote:
>
> >Bad hearing, need a headset (Bluetooth or otherwise) to hear TV.
> >
> >Some TVs are advertised with Bluetooth capabilities.
> >
> >Anybody with experience using these, and is a dongle (Bluetooth or
> >something else) needed to be plugged into the tv?
> >
> If your TV has bluetooth capabilities you just need Bluetooth head
> phones which will detect your headphones in your TV setup.
>
> You can also get a bluetooth "dongle" that will plug into your TV
> audio plug/jack
> https://www.logitech.com/en-au/products/speakers/bluetooth-audio-adapter.980-000914.html
> https://t.ly/yjox
> Easily connect most computer speakers, home stereo systems or AV
> receivers via the 3.5 mm or RCA inputs. Plug the Bluetooth Audio
> Receiver into an AC power source.

Wrong device! That's a Bluetooth receiver, 'West of the Rockies' needs
a Bluetooth *transmitter*.

I have a Bluetooth transmitter, actually a transmitter and a receiver,
for exactly the OP's use - listening to the (non-Bluetooth) TV, via a
Bluetooth headset -, but as I live in The Netherlands, that's of little
use to the OP.

[...]

West of the Rockies

Jan 23, 2022, 2:31:18 PM1/23/22
On Sun, 23 Jan 2022 10:38:23 +0100, Marco Moock posted:-
Thanks guys, will try a few things.

Petzl

Jan 23, 2022, 6:06:55 PM1/23/22
On 23 Jan 2022 19:03:08 GMT, Frank Slootweg <th...@ddress.is.invalid>
wrote:
OK the transmitters are out their. google gives me this one.
https://youtu.be/JA_ls_xBbIg

The logitech one I use as the TV is usually streaming, so I watch via
my computer which has bluetooth and watch what I want
--
Petzl
Tiberius Caesar who reigned for 22 years,
and his last year was AD 37. wrote:
"The extremities of Spain, the various parts of Gaul, the regions of
Britain which have never been penetrated by Roman arms, have received
the religion of Christ."

Max

Jan 23, 2022, 6:29:31 PM1/23/22
What you need is something like this:

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/logitech-bluetooth-audio-adapter

Run a cable from the TV to this device, then you can listen to the TV
through bluetooth speakers.

Max

Jan 23, 2022, 8:57:45 PM1/23/22
On 24/01/2022 10:06 am, Petzl wrote:
> On 23 Jan 2022 19:03:08 GMT, Frank Slootweg <th...@ddress.is.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> Petzl <pet...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> If your TV has bluetooth capabilities you just need Bluetooth head
>>> phones which will detect your headphones in your TV setup.
>>>
>>> You can also get a bluetooth "dongle" that will plug into your TV
>>> audio plug/jack
>>> https://www.logitech.com/en-au/products/speakers/bluetooth-audio-adapter.980-000914.html
>>> https://t.ly/yjox
>>> Easily connect most computer speakers, home stereo systems or AV
>>> receivers via the 3.5 mm or RCA inputs. Plug the Bluetooth Audio
>>> Receiver into an AC power source.
>>
>> Wrong device! That's a Bluetooth receiver, 'West of the Rockies' needs
>> a Bluetooth *transmitter*.

This is the one you need:

https://avantree.com/audikast-plus-bluetooth-5.0-transmitter-for-tv

West of the Rockies

Jan 23, 2022, 10:10:15 PM1/23/22
On Mon, 24 Jan 2022 12:57:30 +1100, Max posted:-
That looks like the "ants pants', thanks!

Petzl

Jan 23, 2022, 11:33:02 PM1/23/22
On Mon, 24 Jan 2022 12:57:30 +1100, Max <m...@val.morgan> wrote:

>On 24/01/2022 10:06 am, Petzl wrote:
>> On 23 Jan 2022 19:03:08 GMT, Frank Slootweg <th...@ddress.is.invalid>
>> wrote:

>>> Wrong device! That's a Bluetooth receiver, 'West of the Rockies' needs
>>> a Bluetooth *transmitter*.
>>>

>This is the one you need:
>
>https://avantree.com/audikast-plus-bluetooth-5.0-transmitter-for-tv

Thanks but I just use free to air for Australian series I want to
watch
Was watching this one but seems to of died?
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11237506/

>>> I have a Bluetooth transmitter, actually a transmitter and a receiver,
>>> for exactly the OP's use - listening to the (non-Bluetooth) TV, via a
>>> Bluetooth headset -, but as I live in The Netherlands, that's of little
>>> use to the OP.
>>>
>> OK the transmitters are out their. google gives me this one.
>> https://youtu.be/JA_ls_xBbIg
>>
>> The logitech one I use as the TV is usually streaming, so I watch via
>> my computer which has bluetooth and watch what I want

West of the Rockies

Feb 4, 2022, 5:31:52 AM2/4/22
On Mon, 24 Jan 2022 03:08:12 -0000, West of the Rockies posted:-
Further to this, TV finally arrived, usual excuses re the delay.

It has WiFi, not Bluetooth, and can be connected via the same WiFi
network the TV is using to connect to my router, for YouTube etc.using
the the LG app, looks like an el cheapo brand (Linsar) from LG.

Has an LG OS call WebOS, whatever that is.

Presumably now I would need wifi headset? What difficulties could I
expect in getting them to work, so I could hear the dialogue, or a
wasted exercise?

Or should I stick to
https://avantree.com/audikast-plus-bluetooth-5.0-transmitter-for-tv as
previously advised? Bloody bad design as well this TV, the ports are on
the back, and it now has been wall mounted. Idiots should have placed
them on the side of the TV.

Unfortunately not all programs have subtitles.

Once again, thanks, in advance.

Rod Speed

Feb 4, 2022, 11:31:59 AM2/4/22
West of the Rockies <Cowbo...@montana.org> wrote
> West of the Rockies wrote
>> Max wrote

>> > This is the one you need:

>> > https://avantree.com/audikast-plus-bluetooth-5.0-transmitter-for-tv

>> That looks like the "ants pants', thanks!

> Further to this, TV finally arrived, usual excuses re the delay.

> It has WiFi, not Bluetooth,

You should have checked the manual before buying it.

> and can be connected via the same WiFi
> network the TV is using to connect to my router, for YouTube etc.using
> the the LG app, looks like an el cheapo brand (Linsar) from LG.

> Has an LG OS call WebOS, whatever that is.

> Presumably now I would need wifi headset?

What does the manual say about that ?

> What difficulties could I
> expect in getting them to work, so I could hear the dialogue, or a
> wasted exercise?

It clearly needs to be able to do wifi headsets.

> Or should I stick to
> https://avantree.com/audikast-plus-bluetooth-5.0-transmitter-for-tv as
> previously advised? Bloody bad design as well this TV, the ports are on
> the back, and it now has been wall mounted. Idiots should have placed
> them on the side of the TV.

You should have thought of that before mounting it on the wall
and used a swing out mount for the TV. Lots of them available.

> Unfortunately not all programs have subtitles.

Yeah, discovered that with the reality TV series Murder Case
which is Glasgow Scotland detectives trying to solve murders.
Most of the cops arent too bad, but some of the members of
the public really need subtitles and the producers dont bother
with any subitles at all.

> Once again, thanks, in advance.

Even if we tell you to shove your head up a dead bear's arse, again ?

West of the Rockies

Feb 4, 2022, 6:30:53 PM2/4/22
On Sat, 05 Feb 2022 03:31:55 +1100, Rod Speed posted:-

> > Once again, thanks, in advance.
>
> Even if we tell you to shove your head up a dead bear's arse, again ?

Of course Roddles. Grateful for whatever advice you give. On my way
to the zoo right now.

Petzl

Feb 7, 2022, 6:00:23 PM2/7/22
On Fri, 4 Feb 2022 05:10:34 -0000, West of the Rockies
<Cowbo...@montana.org> wrote:

>Presumably now I would need wifi headset? What difficulties could I
>expect in getting them to work, so I could hear the dialogue, or a
>wasted exercise?

Looks to me like you bought outdated stock?

As long as there is a working audio jack (get a extension audio jack
to avoid future reaching behind TV) a wifi headset transmitter plugs
in there, retransmits to your wifi headset.
Make sure it comes with a transmitter and Australian power point plug
for it. (Should be OK? JbHiFi stock)
Just put the headset on transmitter stand when through recharges its
batteries
https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/sennheiser-rs120-ii-wireless-rf-headphones?ab_version=B
https://t.ly/qmJk
$149 they are pretty good sound (3D, high quality better than TV
sound) what I use, but you can always pay more and more

--
Petzl
Australia's only legally defined God is our Christian God, whose

THE SEVEN REDEMPTIVE NAMES OF GOD
All the Character of God is Wrapped up in One Name – the Name of
Jesus:

a. 1 John 4:17 - As he is, so are we in this world.
b. Philippians 2:7-10 – The Name above all names.
c. Colossians 2:8-11 - In Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead
bodily.
d. John 17:1-26
e. Verse 3 KJV – “And this is life eternal, that they might know thee
the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.”

West of the Rockies

Feb 17, 2022, 6:27:08 AM2/17/22
On Mon, 24 Jan 2022 12:57:30 +1100, Max posted:-

Thanks Max, bought it, works great.

Appreciate your help.