Your clock is set in the future

Barry OGrady

Jan 11, 2010, 11:56:06 PM1/11/10
I have a Sunblade 150 running Solaris 10 and which has a SunPCI3 card.
I tried to run Windows XP on the card for the first time this year and
got an error message to the effect that the date is set in the future.
I discovered that it will run with the year set to 2009 but not with
the year set to 2010. Is there any way to fix it so it will run with
the proper date? I haven't checked the Sun website yet. Perhaps there
is updated SunPCI software.

=-=-=
Barry
http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og

Richard B. Gilbert

Jan 12, 2010, 10:10:41 AM1/12/10

Why are people having Y2K+10 problems? I thought that 2037 was supposed
to be the next big stumbling block!

Did somebody just put a band-aid on Y2K instead of fixing it?

Gordon Sande

Jan 12, 2010, 10:34:11 AM1/12/10
On 2010-01-12 11:10:41 -0400, "Richard B. Gilbert"
<rgilb...@comcast.net> said:

Four differnt problems:

1. expected 200A but got 2010!
2. 2010 outside the possible future of 2000-2009 hardwired back in 2000
3. buggy code checking for a leapyear after 2000 problems
4. 30 bit version of Unix 2032 bug (hits on Jan 6, 2020)

according to a couple minutes with Google

Richard B. Gilbert

Jan 12, 2010, 10:49:53 AM1/12/10

Those who created such problems deserve them!

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity!

Barry OGrady

Jan 12, 2010, 3:30:03 PM1/12/10

In this case it turns out that the SunPCI program does a date check.
Someone offered a fix by replacing the call to date check with a noop.

=-=-=
Barry
http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og

Martin Møller Skarbiniks Pedersen

Jan 13, 2010, 7:16:13 PM1/13/10

David Kirkby

Jan 14, 2010, 12:29:55 AM1/14/10

Since you have the fix, can you share it? I happen to have one of
those cards in a Blade 2000, though since I bought an Ultra 27, I've
not used the SunPCi card and to be honest doubt I will. But I'd like
to know of a fix if there is one.

dave

Message has been deleted

David Kirkby

Jan 14, 2010, 8:52:03 PM1/14/10
On Jan 15, 1:26 am, Barry OGrady <god_free_jo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> This is a quote from a forum.
> "In a hex editor (ghex2) I changed the longword at offset 4CF8 in sunpcbinary
> from 7FFFFE2E to 01000000. This replaces the call to validate_system_time
> with a nop. With this modified sunpcbinary managed to get SunPCI3 to boot
> without having to change the date."
>
> That worked for me.
>
> >dave
>
> Barry